Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Place to ride in FL
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 8:39 pm 

Hey Guys I just find this nice place (Stoneman will love it ...hehe) really long trails almost no woops at all, the dirt is like a mix with sugar sand I really like it there is a primitive (no water or electricity) camp ground the area is pretty big this is close to Naples here are some pictures of the place we camp (not on the camp ground) was too dusty.

Enjoy the pictures

Odykid

Attachments:
File comment: Mikes Quads, this was early in the morning was 33 the temp...
P1000317.jpg
P1000317.jpg [ 362.61 KiB | Viewed 932 times ]
File comment: hanging at the place we camp
P1000347.jpg
P1000347.jpg [ 310.11 KiB | Viewed 932 times ]
File comment: Nice air
P1000360.jpg
P1000360.jpg [ 346.29 KiB | Viewed 932 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 9:58 pm 

Nice pix . Got anymore?
What kind of place is this? Atv park,National forest,private?
How many miles of trails,acres?
How far from Orlando?

Post subject: New Place to ride in FL
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 10:32 pm 

Not as many as I will like
On how big I will say like 15 square miles or more it is big we rode the whole day and found a bunch of long trails, I don;t know I think this is a goverment area dunnot what it means they have a campground and everyone say is fine to ride there.
This is 2 hous from Miami on I-75 going west I will say like 3 hours from Orlando dunno for sure on that depend on the speed and route you will take.

Attachments:
P1000320.jpg
P1000320.jpg [ 343.32 KiB | Viewed 912 times ]
P1000343.jpg
P1000343.jpg [ 276.18 KiB | Viewed 912 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 9:48 am 

Wow looks nice to me, sure it is a legal riding area?

Directions?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 1:04 pm 

Looks legal I been there 3 times now and I had ask a few peoples they always told me that it is legal to ride there but you know how it is,

The directions I know is comming from Miami not from Orlando(I will try) take I-75 West to 29 get of off going north until 858 make a left going west again until Everglade BLVD, make a left going south until you cross over I-75 again and you can ride from there wich is 44ST to 132St real close to 41.

Now comming from North I think not sure is getting I-75 East to exit 17 (951) go north to Golden Gate BLVD make a right (going east) until EverGlade BLVD Make a right going South until you cross over I-75 and your there.

This direction was what Mike (coming from Lake land) found it on the map with me on the phone he say he spend 3 hours from Lake land doing 65Mph

This is a nice place to ride too bad is too far from you guys but I been in Ocala and if I keep finding long trails like I did this last weekend I can tell you that is as good as Ocala with the woops...lol

Hoser if you are making the trip to FL and stay at your mom for a few day I can take you to this place is not too far from her let me know

Hopes it help

Odykid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 6:03 pm 

http://www.atvflorida.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=opendiscussion;action=display;num=1074817501

Hope the link works, here is a thread discussing this area and a meeting that was to be this week. I don't know anything abou the riding place, except that there are no legal riding areas outside of Crooms and the Ocala Forest in Florida. Ride at you own risk. If you like the riding area you should attend some of the meetings and see if you can get something set up legally. Its a long process but every rider counts and you have to start some where

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:00 pm 

Hey DC you probably right, like I say don't know for sure I always ask the peoples there and they always say yes is legal but don't know what do they call legal here, if is just because the cops never show up or is not legal because there is not a gate and guy charging to go in.

You should come down the next time we ride it is a nice place I bet you will like it.

You will be at Ocala on the 27 right?

Cya
Odykid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:08 pm 

It looks like a great place to ride, but I think until I find out if it is truley legal Ill stick to Ocala, its only a 30 minute drive for me. I heard they were handing out tickets in North Port (north of naples) last week. I can do with out all the hassle of dealing with the cops.

I will be in Ocala on the 27th if I get my Pilot back together in time. I took it down to the frame for a complete rebuild, I had the Engine gone through, new seals in the tranny, rebuild the axles, molly tie rods made, molly links for the rear, all new bushings, bearings, new plastic all around etc etc. I/m really just starting to re-assemble it this week. I'm hoping to have it back together by the weekend and get time throughout next week to break in the Engine. Then it goes back to the shop for a little carb tuning by the guy that built motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) ( I can screw up a carb so fast so its the one thing I wont mess with). The Powersports dealers show is the weekend of the 14 in Indy so I'm going to be pressed for time but should be done by the Ocala ride.

What are your plans, when are you arriving, where are you staying?
Doug

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:22 pm 

That's true on the ride and Ocala is a lot closer for you

Nice you will be there with a new pilot now...hehe

On the Ocala I will be there on Friday 27 afternoon but we are trying to camp on another place Big scrub sucks already no generator and or music after 10PM, I think is too cold for that crap you know so I might be staying on another camp don't know the name but I know is by "Blue sink" or what ever the name is on that lake.

How about you?

Let me know

Odykid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:47 pm 

I took the 27th off work so I can be there any time. I'll just plan on being there when every one else arrives.

You should check out Alexander Springs campground, its a few miles off hwy 19 close to the road to Big Scrub(573), there is also Lake Doe right on hwy19 a few miles south of 573. Both are nice campgrounds with showers and water (no electricity). Im not sure if I'll bring the motorhome and camp or stay in a Hotel. If I do camp it will be at Alexander springs.

So you know all the campgrounds in the area will have a "quiet time" around 9 or 10.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 8:37 am 

Oh man that will suck imagine if I have to turn off the gene with the freging cold just like the last time, I thing I will camp on the side of the rode if every one have a quiet time.

Will see hehe

Odykid