Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 4:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Silver Lake in October
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 8:51 pm 

Jan will have his buggy ready late August, and the Beast will have a new custom CV with spare
CV and axle :-) :-) We are looking at August 27th-28th ?? ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, tom

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 8:07 pm 
Sounds good to me....How are the noise restricions now? My 350 is VERY loud, but the Pilot is stock. I don't want to quiet it up for 1 ride.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 12:55 am 

Gottaride said they were sound testing Wednesday when we were there. Not everyone, just now and then.

Post subject: Silver Lake ---
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:46 am 

Sorry to have to post this again, seems to be a trend :-(

My dad has been in the hospital for the last week, not expected to go home again :-(
They did not expect him to be alive this long, he is a "fighter" and does not want to let go.
I am spending my time there - will have to postpone this trip until this is over ,,,, tom

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:48 am 

Good to hear from you again, sorry to hear about your father spend your free time with him.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 4:11 pm 

Hey Shifter.... sorry to hear about what is going on...... Be positive and stick by your dad.
The dunes will be there after all and our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Pilotman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 4:12 pm 

Sorry to hear that. I wish I could have spent more time with my father, enjoy your time together. You and he will be in my thoughts!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Thanks ,,,,,
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:19 am 

Thanks guys,
I know that there will always be another time for fun, BUT never another time for dad ,,,,,,,,,,
We have been re-establishing our lives together for the last 15 years ,,,,,,,,,,,
Mom ran off with my sister and i when i was 2 years old. Finally met him when i was 35 ,,,,,
So much that we missed together, so much that we talk about together,
life really is TOO SHORT !!!!! Good to be here at the end with him :-) ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, tom

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 3:15 am 

sorry to hear this shifter,I wished i had more time with my father too,he passed away at only 42 years of age.Time goes by way to quickly,catch up while you can.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:30 pm 

Tuesday i was with him until noonish when i had to go to work. I stopped home to get my lunch
and the phone rang, he passed away 1/2 hour after i left. Funeral will be saturday, cremation
before hand. He was not in a presentable state for a wake. I was able to spend a few hours each
visit, sometimes he was able to respond, other time not. He was 84, and had been fighting cancer
(Leukemia) for 10 years, kidneys failed last year, failing liver, pneumonia, shingles, and an
infection was attacking internals. SOOOOOOOOO he did pretty good considering.
I would consider it a good fight if i last that long ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, tom

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Sorry to hear
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:17 pm 
Sorry to hear of your Dad's passing. We're never prepared no matter what the lead up. I went through a similar time with my Mum last year - she came close to going a couple of times but did not survive the last one. I was away for a few days and uncontactable so I did not know she was on her way till too late - it's good to hear you got the last times with your Dad and even better that you got the last 15 years together.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:40 pm 

Tom,

I'm sorry to hear of your Dad's passing. I guess the only good thing is that you got to spend a fair amount of time with him in the recent past.

My best wishes to you and your family,

Jerry

Post subject: Next Trip
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:25 pm 

I guess it will be an October trip to Silver Lake this year as other years . We will be ready for
a local tune-up trip mid september, maybe KI tracks ?? on a saturday ,,, or Byron MotorSports ?
I will be doing some calling around to find a good place for tuning.

I LIKE the OCTOBER TRIPS :-) Cool weather = empty dunes = much fun :-) ,,,,,,,,,,, tom

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: October trip
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 1:07 pm 

We will be arriving at Silver Lake friday Oct. 29th at 8:00 AM and staying until noonish sunday.
Crazylegs, Odypilots, Sidewinder Bill, Jan and I, and maybe Hauss and the Breese will be there?
Anyone else that has time ??? Looking forward to a great time ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, tom

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: silver lake
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:34 pm 

Hope to be there myself with the 2 lt`s(250r and the Quadzilla). Need to get the head for the 250 i`ve been waiting for. Quadzilla is already to go and got my paddles back finally and on and ready to shred some sand after 2 years of not going to silver lake. Hope to see ya there. I`ll be in a red dodge 4x4 with a v-10 and 2 suzuki quads. :-)

Post subject: Silver Lake
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:23 am 

We will be driving a blue custom GMC Safari with an 18' trailer and two buggies, one blue, and
one yellow ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, tom

Attachments:
Safari-1JPG.jpg
Safari-1JPG.jpg [ 193.21 KiB | Viewed 792 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 8:31 pm 

my condolences to you about your dad lost mine when i was 15 he was 42 cancer #%&**!!
hey on another note send that van to quigly in pa make it a 4x4
tripp

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Vans
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:52 am 

Tripp,
Sorry to hear about your dad also :-( It is never good to watch someone pass away from
disease, ESPECIALLY when you are younger, needing a father.

The Safari IS a 4X4 ,,,,,,,, this trip will be the first towing i do with it, which is why i bought it.
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, tom

Profile E-mail