Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:36 am 

Back from the trip, had a BLAST! Didnt get any video at camp like last time, so no farting...sorry turbo! Will have to sift through the pics and video we did take and get some stuff put together. Captbruce had some bad luck and popped both motors in his fl350's, he might be enlisting the help of Hoser here soon on some rebuilds. Also met up with Randman, had some fun rides (made his daughter, Randi, barf on one of them...sorry kiddo!) Will have a write up and pics later, for now I am tired and need some rest.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:51 pm 

LMAO I'm glad that you didn't "blow up" the camera with the fartin... Lost some cookies huh... Well I'm Glad I aint the only one now!!!
Bummer about the Captain's new motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? ))'s going bad....
wish I was there...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:43 am 

So like I said, I didn’t get much video this time around. I did take video, but most of it didn’t really turn out that great, so Turtle-D and myself are planning on making a compilation video soon.
On the plus side, we had a great time. I spent a week there and still feel like I didn’t stay long enough. We went on some fun rides. This one ride, Turtle-D, my wife, and myself clocked 70 miles! We took 5 gallons of gas for the RZR-S and 5 gallons to share between our 2 pilots. We started off hitting some bigger dunes, going right through the heart of Glamis. We wound up at this hill that was unmarked on the GPS, so we called it “Big Ass Hill.” We then hit more dunes and wound up following a fence line all the way to roadrunner, at the southern end of gecko road. We hauled ass down sand highway, our average speed was around 50mph, and we were hitting some HUGE rolling jumps, one jump we had to have flown for about 50 feet! It was AWESOME! We made our way down to Gordon’s Well to look for dunefaber, but did not fine him. We then blasted back up sand highway, staying in the flats because by then it was dark and COLD! The wife was weary about duning at night, so we stuck to the highway, used up all the 5 gallons of pre-mix we took, and got back to camp of fumes! It was cool!
Another ride we took, Randman had mentioned that he had never ridden a pilot, so I let him drive mine, Turtle-D was in his pilot, and I was driving the RZR-S with Randi, Randman’s daughter, as a passenger. We hit some big, fast dunes, nice bowls, and a few drop-offs. It actually rained a bit on us too. We stopped to take a break in a nice, open flat area, and next thing I know Randi’s helmet come off, and she loses her breakfast! (so yes, Turbo, you are not alone! lol. I heard about your incident from Afastcar when we met up 2 years ago for the new years trip.)
Captbruce had some bum luck with his 2 fl350’s. The air filter came off of his wife’s motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) and she sucked sand in the lower end causing it to pop. The other motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) had a clearance of about 25 thousandths! The piston rings were to worn out, they almost looked like they were for a smaller piston! Some bad luck, but we have all been there. Get those motors Hoser-ized and we can tear up some dunes again soon.
Here are some pics. Cant wait for the next trip!

Attachments:
100_0113.JPG
100_0113.JPG [ 128.45 KiB | Viewed 182 times ]
0103011523.jpg
0103011523.jpg [ 226.85 KiB | Viewed 694 times ]
0103011523a.jpg
0103011523a.jpg [ 212.47 KiB | Viewed 694 times ]
0103011524.jpg
0103011524.jpg [ 199.54 KiB | Viewed 694 times ]
0103011525.jpg
0103011525.jpg [ 157.09 KiB | Viewed 694 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:46 am 

more

Attachments:
Can you tell we were by the beach store.JPG
Can you tell we were by the beach store.JPG [ 97.97 KiB | Viewed 182 times ]
Pilot and Ody by beach store.JPG
Pilot and Ody by beach store.JPG [ 140.47 KiB | Viewed 182 times ]
Pilots by beach store.JPG [138.8 KiB]
Downloaded 80 times
Pilots in the dunes.JPG
Pilots in the dunes.JPG [ 1.36 MiB | Viewed 694 times ]
Razor in the dunes.JPG
Razor in the dunes.JPG [ 1.22 MiB | Viewed 694 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:49 am 

more

Attachments:
My wife and a space alien.JPG
My wife and a space alien.JPG [ 132.39 KiB | Viewed 182 times ]
TurtleD doing his Captian Morgan pose.JPG [135.42 KiB]
Downloaded 80 times
Captain Bruce doing his Captain Morgan pose.JPG
Captain Bruce doing his Captain Morgan pose.JPG [ 160.11 KiB | Viewed 182 times ]
Some crazy Japanese tourist!.JPG
Some crazy Japanese tourist!.JPG [ 123.04 KiB | Viewed 182 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:51 am 

more

Attachments:
Whats inside a FL350.JPG [145.1 KiB]
Downloaded 80 times
File comment: Randman taking a peek inside Captbruce's cylinder, what will he find?
Check out the 6 foot tall flast light!!!!.JPG
Check out the 6 foot tall flast light!!!!.JPG [ 126.02 KiB | Viewed 182 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:37 am 

I know Randman ain't but 5 foot tall... so the flashlight must only be 5 foot, not the 6... lmao... Ya'll took it apart there in the dunes? Braver than me, but why don't I see a balancer oil dipstick???
Glad ya'll had fun...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:57 am 

I see a EEE in the pic, is that the one that's for sale on craigslist? Why you selling it? How do's it compare to the Pilot in the dunnes? sorry for all the ?'s

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:45 am 

No Buster pics?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:49 pm 

Turbotexas wrote:
I know Randman ain't but 5 foot tall... so the flashlight must only be 5 foot, not the 6... lmao... Ya'll took it apart there in the dunes? Braver than me, but why don't I see a balancer oil dipstick???
Glad ya'll had fun...

You funny guy Davey! And by the way, I'm a whole 5'7.314159" tall! That flashlight is 6'2" (camera angle make it look only 6') so it makes me look shorter than I really am LOL! :-)

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:49 pm 

dbansheebob wrote:
I see a EEE in the pic, is that the one that's for sale on craigslist? Why you selling it? How do's it compare to the Pilot in the dunnes? sorry for all the ?'s

I have it up for sale because we just have too many toys. If you saw the quad for sale which I also listed on CL, I didnt get to take it because I didnt have enough room! The EEE far surpasses my pilot in the dunes, it has tons of suspension so it glides through everything, unlike the pilot where the stock rear suspension causes it to buck through the whoops quite a bit. I almost thought I was going to be sent end over end one time in the pilot, and I thought to myself, "The EEE would have sailed right through that!" The only issue I have with the car is that it "pushes" meaning the steering isn't very tight, but for the dunes it is just fine.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:52 pm 

hoser wrote:
No Buster pics?

Here is your "Buster fix" lol. I didnt snap any pics of him riding around in the RZR this time though. He was not happy wearing that jacket, but it was cold so we made him wear it.

Attachments:
100_0051.JPG
100_0051.JPG [ 129.8 KiB | Viewed 162 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:25 pm 

nickRNR wrote:
dbansheebob wrote:

I have it up for sale because we just have too many toys. If you saw the quad for sale which I also listed on CL, I didnt get to take it because I didnt have enough room! The EEE far surpasses my pilot in the dunes, it has tons of suspension so it glides through everything, unlike the pilot where the stock rear suspension causes it to buck through the whoops quite a bit. I almost thought I was going to be sent end over end one time in the pilot, and I thought to myself, "The EEE would have sailed right through that!" The only issue I have with the car is that it "pushes" meaning the steering isn't very tight, but for the dunes it is just fine.

Wish I had the cash for the EEE but I bought a Pilot a couple of months ago. Good luck on the sale.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:24 pm 

Well we all had a great time and I got to ride a Pilot for the first time. Got to love the ease in steering and the front suspension setup on the Pilot! I tried following Nick in the Ody and did well but the front suspension is definitely lacking on the Ody and I wound up planting the front a couple of times and got showered with sand.

Attached are a couple of pics from my daughter and the wife's camera. I should have taken more pictures but I was having such a good time I kept forgetting!

Rand

Attachments:
Christmas Trees Burn Fast!.jpg
Christmas Trees Burn Fast!.jpg [ 18.22 KiB | Viewed 152 times ]
Honda!.jpg
Honda!.jpg [ 32.7 KiB | Viewed 152 times ]
Randi at the sand store.jpg
Randi at the sand store.jpg [ 22.39 KiB | Viewed 152 times ]
DSCF0021.JPG
DSCF0021.JPG [ 3.09 MiB | Viewed 664 times ]
DSCF0043.JPG
DSCF0043.JPG [ 1.97 MiB | Viewed 664 times ]