Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 9:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:41 am 

Lets do it up right this year! I want to see twice as many, no three times as many pilot and odyssey owners making the trip this year! I am open to suggestions on camping areas, 2 years ago we did it up off of gecko/roadrunner, this past year we did wash 13, it does not matter to me where we camp. Lets organize a big new years ride, it is always the one ride that I anticipate the whole season. If you cant make it for all of the days listed, just show up for a few of them, its all good.

Lets get some tentative details made and have a great time!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:09 am 

Im in! Lets see who else we can get to come along?
Hoser?
Slickrick?
Afastcar?
Turbotexas?
Adnoh?
Speed?
Hare?
CaptainBruce?
.......................Lets get a potential head count of all who might go, never too early to start.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:06 pm 

I see quite a few views, anyone else thinking of goin?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:28 pm 

nickRNR wrote:
I see quite a few views, anyone else thinking of goin?

I am but as usual its all depending on work at the time.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:55 pm 

We are going to try for this one, its been 8 years since we seen real sand, but Jan 2011 is too far away to know if i can

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:14 pm 

Man I want to but I wont know for sure until closer to the date "this house is taking up all my time"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:15 pm 

You never know where or when I might show up!!!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:07 am 

afastcar wrote:
Man I want to but I wont know for sure until closer to the date "this house is taking up all my time"

Send your crew to setup then all you have to do is show up at the last minute to ride for a day or so.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:26 pm 

hoser wrote:
afastcar wrote:

Send your crew to setup then all you have to do is show up at the last minute to ride for a day or so.

That sounds nice......... But I'm the setup crew :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:16 am 

i'm in for sure,,,,we liked wash road #4 no dust,lots of room and close to most things.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:56 am 

hoser wrote:
afastcar wrote:

so this means you got my back hoser? I could drop the winning pilot off at the Hoser Enhanced Racing Pilot Infirmary (HERPI) after the last gncc in Indiana, then if it just happened to end up in Glamis I know how to buy a plane ticket.

however if we do get a big enough group we could have a haul driver or two and the rest can jet, that should make it way easier for more peeps, my overburden of and life and work should be chilled by then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:35 am 

Hare wrote:
hoser wrote:
afastcar wrote:

so this means you got my back hoser? I could drop the winning pilot off at the Hoser Enhanced Racing Pilot Infirmary (HERPI) after the last gncc in Indiana, then if it just happened to end up in Glamis I know how to buy a plane ticket.

however if we do get a big enough group we could have a haul driver or two and the rest can jet, that should make it way easier for more peeps, my overburden of and life and work should be chilled by then.

Turbotexas needs to swing by and pick up about 6 of them East coast Pilots and haul them :-)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:08 am 

Would really kick ass to get a real big group of east coast and west coast guys for this one. Its only the end of april and i am already lookin forward to this trip. Hopefully everyone will be able to get their ducks in a row and make this an awesome trip!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 1:46 am 

The last time I was in Glamis was way back in 1986! I got to make it out for this one. I will come by myself if I have to. Weather permitting of course! Sometimes the mountain passes heading south that time of year get snowed in. But if they're clear I'll be there for at least a weekend.

By January I will be tired of freezing my ass off and will be ready for warmer weather down south!

Rand

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 5:49 pm 

why not buy a 20 foot shipping container... build the inside to put as many pilots parts etc ship it out west via truck or train and hop on an airplane???

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 1:26 am 

If anyone needs a place to crash, I should have room in my trailer. It should be just the wife and I, not counting our 2 dogs.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:46 pm 

Getting closer to the date, about a month and a half, anyone got any updates? I am still planning on going, hopefully others will as well. Looks like somewhere in the wash road might be a good choice to camp, but am open to suggestions.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:01 pm 

Depending on the weather through the passes I will be there solo. I will be taking off that week so if I can't get there on Sunday it might be Monday or Tuesday! The wife has to work but has given me the get the hell out of my hair wave off! When it gets a little closer I guess we'll find out who will be there! Barring any unforeseen event, I'll be there!

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:52 pm 

we should be making this one.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:54 pm 

Now that I live 3 hours from Glamis and haven't talked to/seen any PO people in years I might just head out.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:35 pm 

Sat down with the wife and a few friends and hammered out a tentative schedule. Looks like I will be getting there on wednesday the 29th and staying until the following wednesday, maybe thursday depending on how much fun I am having and how much trouble I will be in with the wife since she is going home on sunday the 2nd. I am still leaning towards the washes, wash 13 seemed to work out pretty nice last year, there were some shrub trees which was a nice change of scenery, and it was close enough to the store as well. I know CaptBruce mentioned wash 4, if anyone has a preference let me know and I will try to find a good spot for us all.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:32 am 

Is there a kiosk or something where you have to pay to enter the area? If so what are the hours they are open? How much are the fees?

I will be there on Sunday the 2nd until?

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:55 pm 

There is no kiosk, but you can get your pass at multiple locations on site. Sweet Maries, the beach store, or places on vendors row will have them. They are $40 on site, if you can find a motorcycle shop near your house or along the way, they are $25 off site (same exact pass, just $15 cheaper, strange). The pass is good for a week. Do you have any preference on camp location? I remember you were saying you do not have 4wd when we were talking about pismo, so I am definately looking for 2wd friendly spots

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:31 pm 

nickRNR wrote:
There is no kiosk, but you can get your pass at multiple locations on site. Sweet Maries, the beach store, or places on vendors row will have them. They are $40 on site, if you can find a motorcycle shop near your house or along the way, they are $25 off site (same exact pass, just $15 cheaper, strange). The pass is good for a week. Do you have any preference on camp location? I remember you were saying you do not have 4wd when we were talking about pismo, so I am definately looking for 2wd friendly spots

Definitely 2WD drive spots as I will be bringing the old F350 motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) home with a few of thousand pounds in tow. It's funny you mention that because yesterday I was looking at Glamis videos on youtube about people getting stuck out there and thinking.....Oh Crap! I'm gonna get stuck! I could air my tires down but it's a major pain in the ass to re inflate-the inside duels. As far as location I will leave the decisions up to you guys the experts. Like I said it's been about 25 years since I've been anywhere near there.

Since I'm a cheap SOB I'll try to get a pass for the week up here if I can. I might be able to get up there a little earlier than the 2nd. It all depends on my daughter Randi. She lives down in Lake Elsinore now and I was gonna kill 2 birds with one stone and bring her out with me but that depends on her work schedule.

Thanks for looking out for us 2WD guys and the tip about the pass.

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:28 pm 

I am leaning pretty heavily towards wash #13, it is hard pack and doesnt get quite as packed as gecko does. Since it looks like I will be the first one out there, and it is going to be pretty busy, I am shooting for wash #13. I will have my 4wd f250 and will be disconnecting from the trailer, so if there happens to be any issues I can tow people out. I can PM my cell # if anyone wants it. I can also provide GPS coords once I establish camp to make things easier.