Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 6:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:01 pm 

hell ya Iam in gonna be there anyway we'll be camping at gordon wells but its a short hop over to the washes as far as the permits you can get them online or most of the bike shops or gas stations in Yuma if your comeing in offa I-8 yuma don't know where from the Blyth side Iam sure El Centro has them also. and don't forget about the calif offroad stickers you'll need too you get those at various bike shops too, $20.00 is the cost of those. It would be nice to see a bunch of east coasters out west in some bigger dunes and get a taste of western hospitality and wash 16 isnt bad either a bit far from the big dunes for me but its all FUN .keep posting as to a parking spotso I know where to find everyone we'll have quite a selection of buggies and oddys and pilots too

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:16 pm 

nickRNR wrote:
I am leaning pretty heavily towards wash #13, it is hard pack and doesnt get quite as packed as gecko does. Since it looks like I will be the first one out there, and it is going to be pretty busy, I am shooting for wash #13. I will have my 4wd f250 and will be disconnecting from the trailer, so if there happens to be any issues I can tow people out. I can PM my cell # if anyone wants it. I can also provide GPS coords once I establish camp to make things easier.

Wash 13 worked out really well last year wish I could be their this year too.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:10 am 

hoser wrote:
nickRNR wrote:
I am leaning pretty heavily towards wash #13, it is hard pack and doesnt get quite as packed as gecko does. Since it looks like I will be the first one out there, and it is going to be pretty busy, I am shooting for wash #13. I will have my 4wd f250 and will be disconnecting from the trailer, so if there happens to be any issues I can tow people out. I can PM my cell # if anyone wants it. I can also provide GPS coords once I establish camp to make things easier.

Wash 13 worked out really well last year wish I could be their this year too.

So I guess that means you will not be making this trip? That sucks. We had a blast last year for sure.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:13 am 

Dunefaber wrote:
hell ya Iam in gonna be there anyway we'll be camping at gordon wells but its a short hop over to the washes as far as the permits you can get them online or most of the bike shops or gas stations in Yuma if your comeing in offa I-8 yuma don't know where from the Blyth side Iam sure El Centro has them also. and don't forget about the calif offroad stickers you'll need too you get those at various bike shops too, $20.00 is the cost of those. It would be nice to see a bunch of east coasters out west in some bigger dunes and get a taste of western hospitality and wash 16 isnt bad either a bit far from the big dunes for me but its all FUN .keep posting as to a parking spotso I know where to find everyone we'll have quite a selection of buggies and oddys and pilots too

I will be shooting for wash 13, but if it is crowded I will roll past it and try to find a better spot. I will hopefully have internet capability with someone's phone and try and post where we make camp, otherwise just PM me and I can PM you back with my cell # and we can work it out that way. I have never camped at Gordon's Well, but have riddin there. It is a pretty good ride from the washes, but that is part of the fun!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:05 pm 

hey all good to hear that this ride is comin together it'll be a blast no matter who shows or doesn't.I got the wifes oddy back from ATV RACEING and all looks good have to break it in out there but no biggie my kaw powered rail is up to par hope santa brings those new shocks i want but as of yet she hasnt told me to go get them lol.we're going to leave sunday the 26th and leave jan 5th got alot of friends in yuma gotta visit and 2 days in El Gulfo mex on the beach gotta deliver a bunch of clothes for the kids down there,the beach ridin outta be a nice change too,then its back to the dunes ye ha .
I guess its wash 13 for the camp spot? Id like to find out before we leave anyone know for sure yet?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:47 am 

::-: KIM AND I plan on being there shortly after the first,,, wash 13 sounds good.. i need to exchange some ph #s.....been checking the weather mostly high 70,,, ya hoo,,,sick of this 55deg rain...got all the parts for kims 350 back together tomarrow break in and test some day then the rain quits....18' of new snow buy wend. truckee. think i'll go hwy 99/i5... can't wait......like the com. i want to ride

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:17 pm 

This sucks. I wanna go. Hope you guys have fun. Were still waiting for the baby girl to arrive so this trip is out for me. have fun and take lots of pics and video.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:13 pm 

would be the first dune baby for the site......names.... Sandy..Dune..glamie...Paddles....my wife a nurse

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:28 pm 

Alright, so wash 13 is the goal. I will PM anyone who wants my number, I know a few people already have it. If I get out there and there is no room at wash 13, I will post on where we do camp. Looks like things are shaping up, sounds like we are going to have a blast!

Bruce, good to hear you are gettin your ody's back together, cant wait to hit some dunes together again.

Dunefaber, what kind of rail do you have?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:01 pm 

we are out for this one again guys sucks but my garage still isnt ready and everything has been in storage for a year and a half so just to much work and not enough time, we will make it out again someday. have fun and keep it rubber side down.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:25 am 

we are planing on going early mayby 28--29

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:39 am 

we will be there wednesday night the 29th. i still have your cell #. i will call you when we get there, or just call me, i believe you still have my cell # as well.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:21 am 

nickRNR wrote:
we will be there wednesday night the 29th. i still have your cell #. i will call you when we get there, or just call me, i believe you still have my cell # as well.

Nick, are you still going to be there until the 4th? I won't be there until Saturday the 1st.

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:25 am 

we'll be there about 2 weeks

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:48 am 

I am actually planning on staying until the 5th or 6th. My wife is going to head home on monday the 3rd, so I will have the trailer to myself.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:17 am 

nickRNR wrote:
I am actually planning on staying until the 5th or 6th. My wife is going to head home on monday the 3rd, so I will have the trailer to myself.

That gives you time to find you some dirt tires for the Soboba Grand Prix!!!@ Their rules are pretty lax, you won't need nets or a fire suit...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:41 am 

nickRNR wrote:

Good deal Gentlemen!

I have to have my daughter Randi back to Lake Elsinore by the 6th so that works out perfect.

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:55 am 

Turbotexas wrote:
nickRNR wrote:

That gives you time to find you some dirt tires for the Soboba Grand Prix!!!@ Their rules are pretty lax, you won't need nets or a fire suit...

I actually got a set of front tires for xmas from the wife that are going to go on my stock front wheels. Now I just need to chase down some rears.

How much does entry cost? I looked at the rules, but didnt see fees. If it is going to be muddy like last year I wont do it. I'm not too big on mud.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:50 am 

Aw come on Nick, you're not into standing out in the driveway with a low pressure garden hose for an hour trying to get 50 pounds of mud of your Pilot just to find out that when you put everything away the you missed a whole section you didn't see LOL :-) ?

I have to agree on the mud thing. Especially when its some of the wet silt that you can run into out west. That stuff is like slime and gets into every nook and cranny of the vehicle and is damn near impossible to get off. As a youth I used to like to go to El Mirage dry lake beds and play in the mud puddles after one of the unseasonal rains. I used to coat my old LT250R with Pam on the underside of my fenders so it would come off easier!

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:02 pm 

I hope the mud ya'll have now dries up by then!!! I have seen the news reports of all the rain been dumped on ya'll??? I bet you could borrow rears from shouldacoulda!!!
I will need help with fuel and pits if your afraid of getting wet???

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:59 am 

not afraid of getting wet, just don't want to put my machines through that abuse. if conditions permit, i am really thinking about the race. I still havent seen how much the entry fee is though.

Cant wait to leave for Glamis, things have come together nicely so far. It is supposed to rain a bit later on today (I'm up at 1am my time wednesday morning, cant quite sleep yet...excited!) but i am hoping it will clear up by the time we leave. I talked to captbruce's wife Kim, they are staying the night up north of me, then are heading down to Glamis in the morning. Should be a fun trip.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:55 am 

I am looking forward to some videos!!! Just nort the farting ones lmao! Have fun and be safe!

nickRNR wrote:
not afraid of getting wet, just don't want to put my machines through that abuse. if conditions permit, i am really thinking about the race. I still havent seen how much the entry fee is though.

Cant wait to leave for Glamis, things have come together nicely so far. It is supposed to rain a bit later on today (I'm up at 1am my time wednesday morning, cant quite sleep yet...excited!) but i am hoping it will clear up by the time we leave. I talked to captbruce's wife Kim, they are staying the night up north of me, then are heading down to Glamis in the morning. Should be a fun trip.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:40 pm 

If you really knew Nick, you'd just expect the farting ones... If you're particularly lucky, you might even get a pinwheel video (Just ask Shouldacoulda). Lol

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:08 pm 

Lol Thanks Danny. You guys have fun and take lots of pics. Still on baby watch. I might be able to do the sobboba race if not ill pit for ya turbo.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:53 am 

You guy's have any pictures or video for us yet???

Profile E-mail