Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 12:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:57 pm 

LMAO!!! I love me some smack talking, ...sure wish I lived closer! :-) :-) :-)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:09 pm 

Hey guys, I am working with the GNCC promoter this weekend in Daytona, FL and found out that they want the Pilots to have a fire extinguisher on board that is accessible for a spectator to put out a fire and they also want us to wear fire suits. I guess all UTV racers must have them and they want the Pilots to have them. They also list side nets as being required, but I let them know that we have wrist restraints and they said that is okay.

GNCC says that since we are a real class now, we will have to follow the UTV rules.

I am not excited about a fire suit. A fire extinguisher is easy to get. I was told a fire suit can cost about 100 bucks.

Your thoughts on this.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:03 am 

Eztinguisher acceptable. Fire suit sucks!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:13 pm 

same here fire extinguisher is fine, fire suit no thanks, same with side netting, but I would never ride without arm restraints, of course this will mean we have to go to tech inspection to get checked out. cant we just throw more money at them?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:27 pm 

Dude a fire suit aint but $60.00 last time I checked? Heck a fire squirter will cost half that! Hopefully they won't make you buy the shoes and gloves too!!! Next they will require a car type helmet! No more bike helmets! Then there will be the $600.00 neck restraint you will need! The nets will soon be required once they have a utv loose a wheel and it flies through that big as$ opening and rings your bell!!!
Welcome to racing boys you have made the "big time"

Hare wrote:
same here fire extinguisher is fine, fire suit no thanks, same with side netting, but I would never ride without arm restraints, of course this will mean we have to go to tech inspection to get checked out. cant we just throw more money at them?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:51 pm 

I can offer the G-Force racing line at some pretty good prices to help keep this affordable.
http://www.gforce.com/products/main.php
Let me know if I can help you guys.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:12 pm 

Maybe you guys can just cover yourselves if that flame retardant jelly...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:24 pm 

PilotNut wrote:
Maybe you guys can just cover yourselves if that flame retardant jelly...

HA!-that is hilarious,that's the funniest thing I heard all day! :-)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:23 pm 

that solves both problems, fire protection and i'm gonna need that jelly to squeeze on in there.

At GNCCs there are no wheels flying away, trophy trucks using us as traction or rock filled roost shooting in our faces corner after corner, just a bit of dicing it up at the start then a bump or two and hammer down for an hour.

There is no way i see us getting two fire suits before this weekend, I hope this isnt a deal breaker, we didnt know until this weekend. We will get them before round two if we must.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:21 am 

I wont have them either. I will contact Carrie and find out if we can do without for the first race.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:06 pm 

I have a firesuit from Mini cup racing. but its going to get ruined from ALL the f-ing mud.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:18 pm 

ups and fed-ex offer overnite delivery???

quote="Trackside"]I wont have them either. I will contact Carrie and find out if we can do without for the first race.[/quote]

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:31 pm 

Thursday: A 30 percent chance of showers. Mostly sunny, with a high near 53.

Thursday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 32.

Friday: Sunny, with a high near 62.

Friday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33.

Saturday: Sunny, with a high near 67.

Saturday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 39.

Sunday: Sunny, with a high near 67.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:36 am 

I got us a PASS on the first event for the Fire Suit. We can all race without the suit in the first race. She says we better have one by race 2. We do need the fire extinguisher still. Wal Mart sells them.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:36 am 

I can get one piece jump suit single layer fire suit for $80.
If you want one give me your size and I will check Availability.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:44 pm 

Still working on things so the first two will not happen for me but hoping by the May race for Gncc. I might be at the big buck race to watch if my son decides to race in the quad race.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:27 pm 

Goin to remove myself from the Pa gncc race. The extra 100$
For 1 race isn't worth it....

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:59 am 

Does it have to be an actual fire suit? What about fire retardant undergarments? I have been using one of those shirts for all my racing so far.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:31 pm 

I don't know how strict they will be. I think I can get by with the undergarments too. Going to be very tricky for me to climb into a monkey suit.

Hey Kforrest, don't give up yet on that race. Keep planning to be there. Who knows, the rule may not be enforced and we may have a spare suit if it needed, depending on the size.

Plus, I may be able to call in a favor for a 1-time entry. Just keep the plan to race.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:19 pm 

yeah i agree with trackside, let it ride and see where we go, maybe we will have a backup suit or two, i don't quite see me sporting the attire too well either, i hate rules that cost me money. blame the lawyers, the promoters are very good people

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:01 pm 

Alright, thanks for the help. I just don't have the extra money for a fire suit when I can only make 1 race this year. I'll keep it in the books to go and see how it works out on there end. Its a shame to take the fun out of the sport over stuff like that. There isn't money involved where all the extra equipment would be worth the investment. Just looking to go out and have some fun.
Kevin

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:45 pm 

JustMb44 - You need fireproof underwear with the gas tank on bottom and no skid plate.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:10 pm 

Haha very funny. I do have a skid plate, and my gas tank is 1/8" thick...I'm not worried about it. But I should get fire retardant pants or long johns to go with my shirt.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:35 pm 

WoW so much effort to save $80.00 dollars???
W@hat are yopu going to do when you show up to race and one utv racer who just bought a suit COMPLAINS about why did he have to drop the cash, but you guys got a pass??? then others will start to complain too??? now you have waisted a good trip and a race and in my opinion come off as un professional... but hey you have $80.00 bucks to spend at the bar, and will have the best parking spots!!!
from the video's I have see, I would be worried about the piss poor driving utv guys wrecking and splashing hot oil or fuel on you... Or better yet I have some $80.00 power bands and stickers to sell you!!!

Trackside they make a 2 piece suit as well... If you can get into pants and a shirt this won't be an issue for you! Jerry (xcrmotoracer) gets into his!

mt, an undershirt wont do you a bit of good if the shirt on top is on fire, and youre strapped into seat...cant stop drop and roll!!!

Hare once again get a 2 piecer, if you feel the belly will pull the one piecer up too tight on the "boys"

Rant off...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:16 pm 

H

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next