Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:15 pm 

From Trackside:

GNCC Racers: the 2011 schedule is now released. Pilots are an official class for GNCC points and will be included in the 2011 awards. I worked with GNCC to come up with the Rules for the class. I told them we wanted minimal rules and this is what we came up with.

1. Maximum width is 60 inches.
2. Not just Pilots, any Single Seat buggy.
3. No Turbochargers - (to keep Hare honest)
4. Four point seat restraint
5. 800cc max
6. No horns or sound devices

In the rules, we did not talk about age restriction. Also, keep in mind that there is no tech inspection, so it is up to the racer to follow the guidelines.

Here is the 2011 Schedule:

Rd. 2 March 12-13 Aonia Pass, GA
Rd. 4 April 9-10 Union, SC
Rd. 6 May 14-15 Gosport, IN
Rd. 7 May 28-29 Altoona, PA
Rd. 12 Oct. 8-9 St. Clairsville, OH
Rd. 13 Oct. 22-23 Crawfordsville, IN

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:51 pm 

here are GNCC's official dates,

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:12 pm 

Only 2???

Hare wrote:
as if you couldnt of saw this coming...

GNCC Pilot Racing 2011

March 12th 2011 The General GNCC Washington, GA

April 9th 2011 Big Buck GNCC Union, SC

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:05 am 

I don't think they have confirmed locations for the races or the UTVs yet, I figure it should be close to the same this year. probably 6 at the same places
And we should set up a ride at DP one the same weekend but after the race, like head there Saturday night or Sunday morning and ride sunday thru monday or tuesday. and those that don't want to race could just come to DP.

or we decide to op out of the far ones or ones where most of the peeps wont make it

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:12 am 

Good news, if you choose to accept it:

I just got an email from the promoter of the GNCC series. This was prompted by a discussion I had with her explaining that Pilots were often the 2nd largest class of that race.

Here is the quote:

"OK it's official.... your pilots have been added to the official list of 2011 awards classes."

Now the chase for the points can begin.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:18 am 

Trackside wrote:
Good news, if you choose to accept it:

I just got an email from the promoter of the GNCC series. This was prompted by a discussion I had with her explaining that Pilots were often the 2nd largest class of that race.

Here is the quote:

"OK it's official.... your pilots have been added to the official list of 2011 awards classes."

Now the chase for the points can begin.

that's great news, make sure you say Pilots and Odysseys when ever you mention Pilots even if no Odysseys show up for a race drive it into their brains so when ever they say Pilots they are also saying Odysseys :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:02 am 

We keep trying to get the Odyssey guys out to the GNCC races. In three years of Pilots at GNCC I have not seen a single one show up!!!! I keep hearing how an Odyssey is faster than a Pilot in the woods because its narrower, shorter, lighter, Bla Bla Bla.... The only place I have ever seen a Ody beat a Pilot is on these Blogs.... I don't want to hear 50 relpys or see any race results where an ODy beat a Pilot. Just show up to a GNCC and do it!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:18 pm 

PilotGuy5 wrote:
We keep trying to get the Odyssey guys out to the GNCC races. In three years of Pilots at GNCC I have not seen a single one show up!!!! I keep hearing how an Odyssey is faster than a Pilot in the woods because its narrower, shorter, lighter, Bla Bla Bla.... The only place I have ever seen a Ody beat a Pilot is on these Blogs.... I don't want to hear 50 relpys or see any race results where an ODy beat a Pilot. Just show up to a GNCC and do it!!!!

bring your pilot down to Texas and I can show you a real good time!!! Might even try hard so you break a sweat chasing my roost... But you have way to many trees and mud holes for me up there in the north country for my taste slow's a guy down having to cross a mud hole or skimmy thru a skinney trail...

I do believe Sunblock from NC made a race with 2 ody's...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:33 am 

Turbo - Trackside and I are trying to organize a winter trip to ride in the Dunes. Little Sahara, Arizona, or even Texas to ride with you. As soon as trackside gets a Stacker we will be there with 4 Pilots... but without trees, mudholes and rocks we are pretty slow,,,

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:14 am 

PilotGuy5 wrote:
Turbo - Trackside and I are trying to organize a winter trip to ride in the Dunes. Little Sahara, Arizona, or even Texas to ride with you. As soon as trackside gets a Stacker we will be there with 4 Pilots... but without trees, mudholes and rocks we are pretty slow,,,

Bring it!!! I wiull meet ya'll someplace! I'm not sure what little sahara is like during the winter? Adnoh should know more than me! Texas has a few good spots in the hill country near me, but no sand! West texas has a few places also! Kermit and el paso! New mexico and az have lots of desert areas, but for sand I suggest glamis!!
Let me know! I'd be glad to follow you guys around!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:07 pm 

GNCC Racers: the 2011 schedule is now released. Pilots are an official class for GNCC points and will be included in the 2011 awards. I worked with GNCC to come up with the Rules for the class. I told them we wanted minimal rules and this is what we came up with.

1. Maximum width is 60 inches.
2. Not just Pilots, any Single Seat buggy.
3. No Turbochargers - (to keep Hare honest)
4. Four point seat restraint
5. 800cc max
6. No horns or sound devices

In the rules, we did not talk about age restriction. Also, keep in mind that there is no tech inspection, so it is up to the racer to follow the guidelines.

Here is the 2011 Schedule:

I plan to start out maintaining the points lead in GA and keeping the lead through IN. Anyone up for trying to get 2nd?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:59 pm 

What about the July race in OH? Their website shows it as one unless they changed it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:03 pm 

Gosport,In.= 2.5hrs from me :-)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:11 pm 

pjohnson66 wrote:
What about the July race in OH? Their website shows it as one unless they changed it.

It appears the race in OH for UTV got switched. Here is the press release that came out today. Go with this for the schedule.

http://gnccracing.com/articles/2685_can-am-grand-national-cross-country-series-announces-utv-50cc-and-co-sanction-dates

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:28 pm 

Cool looks good. I will know more about my racing plans and with what over the next couple of days. got my fingers crossed for good news. Thanks for getting this type racing started on that level.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:56 pm 

Phil sounds killer you might make it, are you going to have some races this year too?

Saweet and thanks Trackside for pushing our agenda. with all these mid west races i hope we see some more guys come out, I will be doing some driving this year! Mikey1234 even more, maybe i need a plane lol.

Let go to Duraham Plantation before or after the GA race, we can spend a couple of days there, it is a very cool spot, perfect for pilots( and everything else including rentals of all kinds) as long as its not super wet, then it gets that greasy clay that sticks to everything. I will make a separate post not related to racing, I say go there early sunday or late saturday and stay til monday or tuesday

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:09 pm 

Hare. ya we are hoping to get at least a few races in here this year. I plan to completely redo the track and woods course into a utv/minibuggy track. A seperate mx track for the motocross. I learned not to try and mix the two (im a slow learner). I want a whole new look for the track and that will take a while once the weather gets better. We are cutting some now on the new woods course. Im thinking of maybe doing some dealing on a car and parts Here in town that alot of you have seen and talked about so may know more about that later this week. Been waiting on a land sale that is taking TO long so looking at other options in case it does not go through.

Im really glad to see this type of racing starting to grow a little. GNCC, Trec, Maora, and the Rally raid down south all really good. Im glad people are working to make this happen its really great and the more cars the better. I am so ready to race again hope i can get this deal done.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:57 pm 

Who is in and for what races?

Hare & Mrs. Hare have comitted to all six races!!! Bring it on, we are in it to win it

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:14 pm 

I have to drive to Daytona the week before but can not take the Pilots down. I am going to talk PilotGuy into coming and getting #0 and #2 and bring them down along with his #5.

As for the other races, my schedule is open right now, but if work comes up, I will have to go.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:17 pm 

Like always im going to try to show for the Altoona race with my ody. Hopefully I can make a good show for us ody guys!! Hopefully I don't get scheduled that weekend for work.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:05 pm 

I'll probably make it to following (provided I'm not in China) but will only be participating as a spectator:

Rd. 2 March 12-13 Aonia Pass, GA (2.5 hrs from home)
Rd. 4 April 9-10 Union, SC (25 minutes from home)

Hope to see some of you guys there!

Vrroom

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:20 pm 

Vrroom wrote:
I'll probably make it to following (provided I'm not in China) but will only be participating as a spectator:

Vrroom

What the heck you doing in china? Enjoying your stay their?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:52 pm 

Vrroom wrote:

Vrroom

way cool!!

you should really consider racing too, the busting stuff up is a self control issue you do not have to push hard to enjoy the ride, and the races down south have been fun runs in my opinion. What could happen in an hour? :-)

I may be able to haul some-one's or maybe two pilots to these far away races for some extra gas money. Then you could fly in like a rock star, win the race and be home for dinner.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:47 pm 

Hey Guys Please post this to other sites that stir interest.

any other pilot odyssey sites like Mike's (is it still around?), pops, minibuggy, the Razor board, whatever others might get some interest. I will post where i can but don't have those sites. if the mid west guys don't come for this series they never will, this year is more in their neck of the woods.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:49 am 

no horns??? WTF how the utv's going to know to get out of the way???

Profile E-mail