Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 1:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hare
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:45 pm 

Hey tim here,is there anything we need to bring for the ride (ecj) ?We may be bringing my buddy's daughter (16) too if that's cool?so there will be three of us. That is if we make it thru this next hurricane.Will donations be needed to help out with costs ? Looking forward to meeting everyone and having a great weekend :-)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: 5th Annual Fall ECJ
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 2:55 pm 

Since I know Hare is very busy in preparations for the ECJ, I will take a stab at your questions.
I would say bring everything you normally bring for a weekend of camping. This is a very remote location and going out to the nearest town could take and hour or more. There is a small convenience store/one pump gas station near the entrace to Main Street and will be your last view of civilization as you know it.... As far as the daughter, bring one, bring all.... Just remember this is a group of "civilized" cavemen and we are out to play in the mud.... Foul langauage is known to happen as often as cracking up at hare jokes.... I would recommend she stay clear of brooks as he may be chasing anything that moves...hehe

As far as the menu, "we will have meat, followed by meat with a side order of meat".
If you or your party are the vegetarian type, I think you might starve at a hare ECJ.
Oh one more thing, there will be a porta john ( I assume???) but there are no facilities other
than the nearby river (which should be flowing quite nicely) for taking swims/tubing and getting our muddy selves clean....

As for donations, my god, YES.... there will be a "kitty bucket" to kick into the cost of the fare.
Hare has out done everything I could of imagined from breakfast to lunch and dinner.. Killer grub!

*This is in addition to the cost of joining th place which I think is $60/rider (I wasn't at the spring ECJ, so don't quote me on the entry costs)..... Please note it is an invite only event and you must email hare for an invitation and directions to the Top Secret location (not that anyone is excluded but hare needs to vouch for who is coming with the owner of the land).... And lastly, make sure your tow vehicle has good brakes as the mountains getting into the site are very hilly....

So come one, come all to the 5th Annual Fall East Coast Jamboree......

Pilotman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:39 pm 

Thanks Pilotman,yes i imagine Hare is quite busy at the moment.The invite and directions have allready been taken care of by Hare and myself with the exception of my buddy's daughter,which i don't see as a problem but thought i'd run it by him anyway.She has heard it all allready so it wont be anything new for her. lmao at the Brooks comment :-) .Yes i know we will be out in the boonies,im used to it living here in south carolina as we are in the boonies allready.I had forgotten though about the 60.00 fee but no problemo.No vegetarians here,meat and more meat is fine by us as long as we have cold beer to swallow it down with :-) .I have heard from past posts that Hare likes to cook a mean meal,i can see that in some of the photo's :shock: lmfao. Pilotman do we have a list of people attending so far ?just curious

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 8:29 pm 

PilotMan - Thanks for answering tsutton44's question. How about answering one of my questions...

Will YOU be attending the Fall ECJ?? (being as you ARE the founding father of the event).

PNut

As far as head count, I'll take a stab:

Hare and family
PilotMan (?)
Hoser (debuting his newly powered ride perhaps??)
PilotNut (and my two brothers with their quads)
Brooks
Skid (this is Mark's new nickname because he likes to turn good skid plates into paperweights)
Tripp and Arlene
MassOdy and family
Stoneman and crew (unconfirmed)
Mudbogger (unconfirmed)
Lee
Rick
Leo
Pete
etc...

I'm sure I'm missing some (my appologies) so please feel free to speak up if you're going to make it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 8:41 pm 

breeze and hauss i believe too.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:24 am 

Yes

Yes

Yes

Thank you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 10:37 pm 

The ecj is worth going to for the company if nothing else. I think it is again time to say thanks to all the people who helped me out from there.

Hare pulls off a class act and is one hell of a grill master.

Ride with care and courtesy, but most of all have fun!

Attachments:
File comment: Bought me a ride in this!!!!
ecjheli.jpeg
ecjheli.jpeg [ 8.93 KiB | Viewed 773 times ]
File comment: Too much of this......
a bump in the road.jpg
a bump in the road.jpg [ 175.33 KiB | Viewed 773 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:33 am 

hey Hawk ,hows things going.You going to come out for this ride ?The pics look like great fun,the first one anyway but i can see trouble with it at highspeed,ouch.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:33 am 

the fee you pay hare for the ride goes to the hunt club and gets you 2 rides that hare plans
so if you go in the spring your still covered for the fall ride
but if this is your first time its still the same price and in the spring you pay again
arlene is getting supplys in order and is talking to terri so it will lessen their burden
we got 6 bags of the natuaral lump coal that hare likes - arlene also has ordered some meat
and other items
but as the head count goes is its only me coming Sorry Brooks i try'd to get my niece to fill in
but collage and the october women (elizabeth di bella foundation) has her and arlene busy
also amber the dog is taking her time dying so that is arlenes reason that she not coming
i hope to make it thursday and would be willing to meet up with some body to follow
i just have to get the meat on wednesday and could go from there to follow someone that drives
under 70 mph and is not weaving in and out - i would like to get there in one piece
i always have a hard time once i am off the highway and into the local area
mark -pilotnut is that right? if your in jackson may be i could tag along
help help please without my navigater i am just driving in circles
tripp

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:41 am 

Tripp...

http://12.215.127.130/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=830

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:46 pm 

Mudbogger is a confirmed (and very happy to say it) member of this trip-I am unable to bring my 350 project with its a arm system on it for all to witness the test run-it hasnt gotten completed but will be there with the pilots.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:12 pm 

Hare, I have some first timer questions.

1 When do I pay? Do I need to pre-pay or can I pay when I get there? Also what method of payment is appropriate (cash or check)? And can I get some type of recite? (I can get this reimbursed)

2 To whom & when do I submit an e-mail address? Sorry I’m getting ancy, don’t want to be left out (I have waited several years to be able to attend).

Thanks

Lee

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:11 am 

Lee - there is no pre-payment necessary. You pay when you get there which usually amounts to Hare at some point during the weekend strolling around to the "new" attendees - those who did not attend, and pay, at the spring ECJ - collecting the fee (somewhere around $60). Cash seems to be the norm although I never asked about using a check. I'm not sure about getting an official "receipt" but I'm sure something can be drawn up if need be, although if they'll take a check then maybe that will serve the purpose??

The fee we each pay is actually to become a member to the local hunting club, which then in turn gives you access to play on the private land. After collecting the fees, Hare makes the trip down to 'ol Jim Brady's place down the road a spell and settles up with the Brady's. I have had the unique pleasure of accompanying Hare on this trek and let me tell you the Brady's are some of the friendliest folks you're ever going to meet. On our trip I was treated to some fresh squeezed tomato juice and sampled some homemade berry wine (gooooood stuff).

Jim and the Mrs. (Dorothy I believe) frequently stop down to our campsite throughout the weekend to BS and take part in the festivities.

As far as an e-mail address, send an e-mail to harescrambles@comcast.net for directions

Hopefully this answers your questions. See you in a few days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PNut (Marc)