Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: sand moutain nv
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:45 pm 

4-10-11 i'm moving all the toys to Nv so might as well make a trip out of it..got to SM and spent a 1/2 day changing tires to paddles, kim's ody wouldn't run good so she wanted the paddles on mine, 4 on 4off that about took care of day one, next day i got hers running good [jetting], she wants paddles back on hers no f-ing way,,,Met a guy named Brian that has a sandrail like mine, he took me for a ride,,,dang can he drive that thing,,, i spent 20 years it sea and never been sea sick but he almost did it,,,it felt like were we're pulling 4 G's at times,, we we're in mid 4 gear going down the super bowl that hased to be way over 100mph [ mine goes at least 85 in second and there about even],,, later that night he did something you ant going to beleave but i seen it,, he's out takeing a friend for a ride,,will i'm watching this rail with a blown small block chevy take off from the bottom on com hill,, about that time Brian comes over the top, there going to meet about 1/3 from the bottem... than Brian hit his turning break and floors it he swings in behind the chevy, he's going down hill backwords with sand going 30+ feet in the air, it stops that takes off up hill and after the chev, catches it the passes it.... are you kiding me a VW??? i ask him what that was all about,, he sad i seen tha big blower scoop and i had to do it,,,his buddy says he does it when ever he see's a a big boy that needs a lesten,,, Rand came up with his Gang and toys,,was vary good to see him, dang his stuff sure is clean , make's mine look old and raty,,,,all Oddys we're runing strong,,,it's nice to have a 2 seat so i can give kides rides, i only had 2'nd gear [shifting problems] but that's all i need, ya have to be vary carefull not to scare them... i took Rand for a ride, about 1/2 up the hill 1/2 throtle i punched it and lost a cyl. [old gas] but i think he could see what it can do....,, i'm realy happy now i have 3 toys so if one or 2 break we can still have fun,, now i don't have to tow everything over the moutains and spend 300 bucks for gas just on the RV,,, now i have dunes and trails within 3-40 mi....no long tow home eather.plus i have the small car to run to town for parts and gas..life is good..

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: sand moutain nv
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:49 pm 

Pics?

Attachments:
ThisThreadIsWorthlessWithoutPics.gif
ThisThreadIsWorthlessWithoutPics.gif [ 39.05 KiB | Viewed 639 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:28 pm 

I took a few pictures with my cell phone. If I can ever figure out how to get them off the phone and on to the computer, I'll post a few!

By the way Bruce, Brian's buggy has a 2800CC Porsche Engine in it!

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:01 pm 

Randman wrote:
I took a few pictures with my cell phone. If I can ever figure out how to get them off the phone and on to the computer, I'll post a few!

Rand

Makes me feel good knowing I am not the only one that is phone picture stupid.

What brand of phone I am sure someone here can walk you though it.

If its a Apple product your forced to use the Itunes app and your computer to get to the pics, been their done this.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:22 pm 

And here I thought I was the only one who was phone picture stupid. Glad to know I'm in good company! :-)

I'll have the daughter (phone Guru) try to transfer them for me. I hate cell phones and have never had one until the wife and daughter made me get one when I went down to Glamis with Nickrnr for new years.

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:34 pm 

hoser wrote:
Randman wrote:

Rand

Makes me feel good knowing I am not the only one that is phone picture stupid.

What brand of phone I am sure someone here can walk you though it.

If its a Apple product your forced to use the Itunes app and your computer to get to the pics, been their done this.

you don't have to use Itunes to get pic from iphone,you just email the pics from your iphone to your email.Open your email on your computer and save them from your email.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:53 pm 

Rand he told me his was a little smaller than mine 2280 porse/ vw....he drove them both and said they're the same, his is better tuned but mine is a little stronger,,,,he also said it would take me about 2 years to drive like he does, i'm thinking 5....and a six pack... .07 .... i have the same problem with pix's,,, now i'm working for the next 2-3 weeks sucks big time,,,

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:45 pm 

Couldnt you just use the blue tooth funtion to get the pics or is that something you cant do with apple phones?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:14 pm 

OK here ya go. Shitty camera phone pics, better than nothing I guess! Not much but the wife didn't remember the camera until we were 50 miles out from home!

If I would have had 1/2 a brain I would have taken a picture of the big dune competition hill! DOH! I take it for granted, it's only around 70 miles from the house.

I promise the next trip I will take pictures with a good camera of the whole area, big dune included!

Rand

Attachments:
Justin's first sand rail ride.jpg
Justin's first sand rail ride.jpg [ 63.36 KiB | Viewed 91 times ]
Rand's Toys.jpg
Rand's Toys.jpg [ 39.41 KiB | Viewed 91 times ]
Shawn Too Tall Stoltz.jpg
Shawn Too Tall Stoltz.jpg [ 65.72 KiB | Viewed 91 times ]
Path out of camp.jpg
Path out of camp.jpg [ 88.8 KiB | Viewed 91 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:30 am 

i was real happy to find out about all the trails on the back side,,,we took one about 7 mi, i guess they go all the way to utah, plus there sand trails mostly

Profile E-mail