Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 11:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:08 pm 

nickRNR wrote:
dzdncnfsd wrote:
hey guys its wheels. At the end of the race last weekend my rear brake lever wasn't working. i can squeeze it all the way to the handle. does anyone know if there could be a problem up in the master cylinder ???? i would love to have brakes for my race at glen helen this weekend.....
any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

thanks guys

Are you using DOT3 or DOT4 fluid? I have seen people in the past that used DOT3 would experience heavy brake loss, but when the fluid cooled down the brakes would work again. How much meat is on the brake pad?

What safety equipment is required at Glen Helen? And how much is the entry fee?

I have boiled DOT4 in my Pilot rear brakes and lost them completely until they cooled down many times, usually when racing in the tight woods where you go 200' lock up rear brakes to turn then WOT (Wide Open Throttle) for 200-400' and do it again after 15 to 20 minutes they just get so hot it boils the fluid, back in them days a set of rear brake pads lasted about one race day.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:06 pm 

Yet another one. I think i have maybe two more.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:10 am 

now dot3 but just picked up some dot 4.... will flush and fill with the dot 4 sat. as far as equipment ....arm restraints, nets, and all sfi suit/helmet ect. cost is 125$ AND $40 FOR TRANSPONDER..... please come out!!! anyone else...as many as possible!!!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:05 am 

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:22 am 

Pro-Pilot-Popper wrote:

Watch the white briggs car go over the jumps the Pilots fly level or with the nose slightly up soon as the rear tires of the briggs car clears the jump the nose dives I would fix this problem SOON or at least before you go over the wrong jump and dig the front bumper into the dirt and watch the rest of the race as a spectator. :shock:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:36 am 

Yeah, Rick had a problem with nose diving all day long. He pulled his rear shocks off and tore them down, not sure exactly what they did, but it didnt seem to cure the problem. I do know one thing though, that freakin car was fast!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:34 pm 

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:49 pm 

So I am trying to identify who is who in these videos. I was thinking that halorising was the pilot with the yellow strobe light on the roof, but then I remembered he also had that fl350 with a flat left rear tire. I know which pilot Wheels drove (the winner lol), Jeff52, Shoubadaba and SlickWilly are easy to pick out. Shoubadaba's step son was in the A-Arm fl350 with fenders. Please let us know which pilot or ody was yours and give a quick description of identifiable traits. Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:53 pm 

nickRNR wrote:
Yeah, Rick had a problem with nose diving all day long. He pulled his rear shocks off and tore them down, not sure exactly what they did, but it didnt seem to cure the problem. I do know one thing though, that freakin car was fast!

Once he made that one pass he ran away from that Pilot he needs to learn how to pass like Walker Evans use to and that was any time and any place on the track :-) seen him pull off some amazing passes over the years guy was a genius behind the wheel.

Something is off on the shocks not sure what it is one of the other Briggs car owners should be able to help dial it in.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:56 pm 

Are there any info/pics of wheels pilot here anywhere?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:03 pm 

Yeah im in the 350 in all the videos. And that darn tire!!! It's in no way a racee buggy but i still had a blast. That was my friend in the pilot with the strobe. I sold him that one about 3 mo ago. All my pilots have strobs

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:07 am 

bullnerd wrote:
Are there any info/pics of wheels pilot here anywhere?

Yes bullnerd, there is a link to see the pictures in this thread and all you would need is the password (which you can message me for that) to view the pictures from the race. As far as the info for him, what did you need/want to know?

To view pictures click on the link

http://www.seehere.com/jledon12/Milestone

You will need a password so private message me for that. Keep in mind that these are images are for purchase all funds will be forwarded to Peter for the loss of funds from this past weekend.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:20 am 

Heres a sweet pic of me sliding into a left hander. You can see how bad my suspension is set up. Peter Kay and Little Pete (suspesion guru) will have me set and ready for the next race.

Attachments:
bgh.jpg
bgh.jpg [ 72.62 KiB | Viewed 898 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:56 am 

Yes I actually got some of the photos gone through today there are some good ones. Hopefully tomorrow. I've been super swamped sorry guys.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:28 am 

Pics are going up now. Hope there are a couple good ones in there for ya guys. Would love to see PeterKay at least break even for all the hard work he put in to make this happen.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:13 pm 

Ok Guys, its been almost 2 weeks.....no feedback on pictures =( Whats going on??? I am trying to recoup the money that Peter lost out on and am putting my services up to do so. Lets make this happen!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:09 am 

chevy1278 wrote:
Ok Guys, its been almost 2 weeks.....no feedback on pictures =( Whats going on??? I am trying to recoup the money that Peter lost out on and am putting my services up to do so. Lets make this happen!

sent to email

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:48 am 

I have been super busy lately and will be out of town this weekend. I have briefly looked over the pics and they look good. I will have some time to sit down and really check them out and pick out the ones I want to buy when I come back. :-)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:20 am 

halorising wrote:
chevy1278 wrote:

sent to email

Thank you!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:21 am 

nickRNR wrote:
I have been super busy lately and will be out of town this weekend. I have briefly looked over the pics and they look good. I will have some time to sit down and really check them out and pick out the ones I want to buy when I come back. :-)

Awesome!!! I look forward to hearing from you soon! =) Thanks again!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:37 am 

I would personally like to "Thank" those of you that have purchased pictures! We are getting closer to meeting the amount needed to reimburse Peter for the Milestone race! Thanks for your support! I hope we can get enough people to get out there again! =)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:42 am 

Jen and Chad you guys took some great pictures even of my 350 (ouch) but i did find one of my pilot before it went poofkaboom. Thank you very much

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:08 pm 

So I was able to scrounge up yet another video of the race this was off the front of Jeff's car. Not to bad

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:37 pm 

Thanks again peter, Doug, rusty, nick, Chad and everyone else that participated in the event or help make it happen. So whens the next race?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:35 am 

slickrick wrote:
Thanks again peter, Doug, rusty, nick, Chad and everyone else that participated in the event or help make it happen. So whens the next race?

Yeah, whens the next race??? I hope before June 9th??? Lets do this!

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next