Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 7:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:37 am 

Anyone in the SoCal area is welcome to join. Shoubadaba, Turtle-D and myself are going to hit some trails. Let me know if you are interested.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:33 pm 

Id love to go but ill be in parker.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:59 pm 

Hey what's up Nick.... I'm interested in meeting up with you guys.... Pm me your # thanks toby

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:21 pm 

Well, plans changed again. Looks like I will be working around the house this weekend as well as getting my boat worked on. Sorry Toby, have to cancel this one. Will send you my # for future reference.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:38 pm 

that's cool.... post again when you get a free weekend to ride.... I just got a trailer so I can haul my ody around and try out a few new riding areas... We went to El Mirage last weekend and that was a great area to ride, I couldn't believe how much land their is that you can ride on.... Hit me up when you get a chance to go ride..... Toby

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:39 pm 

Well, its a good thing I didnt go riding that day. Turtle-D, Shoubadaba and I were working around my house, moving trailers, campers, and boats around, dropping gravel and doing yard work. Shoubadaba had just left, Turtle-D was moving my truck as I was cleaning out the back of another truck that had gravel in it when my Mother called. She was in her garage and fell off a small ladder, by herself, and she thought she broke her left ankle. She crawled inside, got to a phone, and called me (I live less than 10 minutes from her house). Turtle-D and I got there, loaded her up in the car, and took her to urgent care for some xrays. I was really suprised to hear it wasn't broken, just badly sprained. She was in mild shock from the pain when I found her, we got her foot eleveted and on ice and she was shaking. So, for once, I am glad I didnt go riding!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:20 pm 

toby wrote:
that's cool.... post again when you get a free weekend to ride.... I just got a trailer so I can haul my ody around and try out a few new riding areas... We went to El Mirage last weekend and that was a great area to ride, I couldn't believe how much land their is that you can ride on.... Hit me up when you get a chance to go ride..... Toby

Welcome to the Mojave Desert. You can ride for hundreds of miles in the desert in that area. I have been to El Mirage way too many times to count. Been going there since the mid 70's. I was just through the area on Sunday coming back from my daughter's wedding in Lake Elsinore. I can't believe how much the area has been taken over by housing developments and Mini Malls in the last 30 years!

We used to like to ride over the mountains into the Edwards Air Force Base area. I have been chased out of there by AP's on both quads and buggies!

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:09 pm 

Randman wrote:
toby wrote:

Welcome to the Mojave Desert. You can ride for hundreds of miles in the desert in that area. I have been to El Mirage way too many times to count. Been going there since the mid 70's. I was just through the area on Sunday coming back from my daughter's wedding in Lake Elsinore. I can't believe how much the area has been taken over by housing developments and Mini Malls in the last 30 years!

We used to like to ride over the mountains into the Edwards Air Force Base area. I have been chased out of there by AP's on both quads and buggies!

Rand

So Rand...you were in the area and you DIDNT CALL ME! BUSTED! ha ha j/k I know weddings can be very hectic.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:29 pm 

Yeah it was pretty hectic! I spent Wednesday night through Sunday morning in Elsinore. Sunday was a long 9 hour drive back to the house with my grandson bugging me every 15 minutes asking "Are we in Nevada yet?" "Are we still in California?" "How many more hours until we are home?" All I could think of was how much money I spent on the wedding and how I could have purchased another nice play toy with the money I had to shell out! LOL

I thought about you guys and the board when I was down there. The wedding was pretty close to the race track there in Elsinore. I started whining like a puppy to the wife when I saw the guys on the motocross track doing 150 foot jumps!

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:55 pm 

Hello Randman, I'm glad things went well on your daughter's wedding.... Congrats

Do you know of any good riding areas in the Antelope Valley area or close by that I could take my wife and my two five year olds ?
I took them with me to El Mirage and they got bored because their isn't much to do there but ride.... lol
thank you Toby

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:47 pm 

Why thank you sir!

It's been eons since I've been riding out there and the only other place we used to go riding at (Little Rock) looks to be temporary closed.

There is a web site called Rider Planet that you can use to find riding spots in your area that may be close enough for the wife and kids to have something to do also.

Here is a link.....

http://www.riderplanet-usa.com/

Good Luck!

Rand

Profile E-mail