Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 3:19 pm 

New crank bearings are greased?

Attachments:
TRX bearing.jpg
TRX bearing.jpg [ 71.56 KiB | Viewed 7086 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:31 pm 

Up grading the clutch to the newer bearing type

Attachments:
TRXclutch mod.jpg
TRXclutch mod.jpg [ 43.15 KiB | Viewed 7328 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:02 pm 

Bling Bling machine is back ring a ding ding once again...

New cylinder, head, intake, reed cage, exhaust manifold, crank, bearings, seals, gaskets, piston, rings, wrist pin, wrist pin bearing, clutch thing that broke. zoom zoom!

On "the list" is new clutch fibers.

Attachments:
Dsc03939.jpg
Dsc03939.jpg [ 115.55 KiB | Viewed 7309 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 12:16 pm 

Ok the saga continues, I got the bling bling cylinder back out and removed the head studs what a pain that was, all the studs fought me every inch of the way, I lapped the top of the cylinder it was nice and flat, I noticed a dowel that someone must not have been able to remove cut off flush with the bottom of the cylinder this will be fun removing heh.

I am sending the cylinder to Mindcrime for some secret squirrel stump pulling torque mods that involves re-engineering the transfers and shaping them with epoxy, once back from him I will bore and fit a new piston to the cylinder then install on the bling machine for testing, anybody need a FMF FATTY pipe? I will try it with the new secret squirrel Mindcrime mods but no doubt buy a pipe he has tested and found to work with his mods..

Attachments:
studs removed.jpg
studs removed.jpg [ 91.81 KiB | Viewed 7280 times ]
dowel stuck.jpg
dowel stuck.jpg [ 57.03 KiB | Viewed 7280 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 3:02 pm 

hoser wrote:
I will try it with the new secret squirrel Mindcrime mods but no doubt buy a pipe he has tested and found to work with his mods..

I've actually tested FIVE different pipes, two carbs (+ a secret Carb Mod on the 38mm PWK AS), and lots of jetting :shock: , so I do have a pretty good idea of what works with my mod or even without the mod. If any of you have a jetting problem with a TRX, feel free to give me a "hollar". My catch phrase is "you need a CEJ needle." Just warning you.

I'll be documenting what you need to do, and how, rather well via digital cam so that "if" Hoser decides to share my info, he may with pics included. It's actually a pretty simple mod, but it does take some patience, and a cylinder that is basically stock. If he likes the improvement, and wants me to do the write up, I am more than willing, however I just don't want to sound like a fella "tooting his own horn", so Mr. Hoser and I will figure that out as we go along. As an old MacDizzy moderator, Thanks for the invite to your site Hoser! :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 4:04 pm 

You get that locator pin/dowel out yet?

I've always used a tap to remove those and pilot bushings. Just start threading it into the pin or bushing and when the tip hits bottom or a substitute bottom that you clamp to the cylinder just keep turning the tap and the pin or bushing will have to back out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 4:56 pm 

Ody_Stable wrote:
You get that locator pin/dowel out yet?

I've always used a tap to remove those and pilot bushings. Just start threading it into the pin or bushing and when the tip hits bottom or a substitute bottom that you clamp to the cylinder just keep turning the tap and the pin or bushing will have to back out.

Naw haven't tried it yet, good idea never thought of a tap I will give it a try, this one is well rusted in the past I just take dremel and cutter and grind it down until paper thin then collapse with a punch.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 5:01 pm 

mindcrime wrote:
hoser wrote:
I will try it with the new secret squirrel Mindcrime mods but no doubt buy a pipe he has tested and found to work with his mods..

I've actually tested FIVE different pipes, two carbs (+ a secret Carb Mod on the 38mm PWK AS), and lots of jetting :shock: , so I do have a pretty good idea of what works with my mod or even without the mod. If any of you have a jetting problem with a TRX, feel free to give me a "hollar". My catch phrase is "you need a CEJ needle." Just warning you.

I'll be documenting what you need to do, and how, rather well via digital cam so that "if" Hoser decides to share my info, he may with pics included. It's actually a pretty simple mod, but it does take some patience, and a cylinder that is basically stock. If he likes the improvement, and wants me to do the write up, I am more than willing, however I just don't want to sound like a fella "tooting his own horn", so Mr. Hoser and I will figure that out as we go along. As an old MacDizzy moderator, Thanks for the invite to your site Hoser! :-)

Can you feed us more details on the CEJ needle, this for the stock carb, all carbs, only 39mm, why we need it, where I get one CHEAP? I remember you talking 'needle' on Dizzys site but forget details.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 7:36 pm 

Welcome Mindcrime! Queensryche fan? I am very interested in the mods too. Post mod pics and performance data when you can please. I am very interested in the how and why stuff too. I want a little more kick in the trike!

Gary

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:38 pm 

hoser wrote:
mindcrime wrote:
hoser wrote:

Can you feed us more details on the CEJ needle, this for the stock carb, all carbs, only 39mm, why we need it, where I get one CHEAP? I remember you talking 'needle' on Dizzys site but forget details.

Pro-Flow or Sudco should be able to help you get a CEJ needle rather easily. One should cost about $10. I have found that they are THE needle to have from a 34mm PJ to a 39mm PWK, and from 246ccs up to a LRD 350PV. Sparks racing recommends a CEL, however the "L" part is the straight segment and controls the fuel mixture on the bottomend. A CEJ is just slightly richer on the bottom, and completely does away with any "lag" that you may have on the bottom. On a 250-310, the needle in the second from the top (second leanest position) works well (with the PROPER pilot and main, of course---any questions, ASK ME), and with a 350 you'll need the CEJ in the middle. I have 7 different needles that I have experimented with (on THREE different TRXs---a stock 246cc, a Sparks 275cc, and the Sparks 350PV), and NONE can compare to the overall improvement that the CEJ offers. Ask Steve Summers about his experience after finally trying the CEJ needle (he was a skeptic at first, or at least seemed to be), but on MacDizzy, he praised how well it worked. Feel free to ask him about it Hoser. :-)

I might want to add that this is for a TRX, not a Pilot or an Odyssey. With the extra load (weight) of the "caged beasts" (pun intended), A CEJ might be just a tad lean.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:42 pm 

Nuke Em wrote:
Welcome Mindcrime! Queensryche fan? I am very interested in the mods too. Post mod pics and performance data when you can please. I am very interested in the how and why stuff too. I want a little more kick in the trike!

Gary

FINALLY a man who knows music!!! You my friend are the FIRST on any board to figure that one out! :-)

As for the "trick" mod, I don't mind sharing, because the mod is just a variation of the Schneurle loop form of scavaging, perfected in the mid 1920s. :-)