Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:04 am 

Thanks very much-that's 1 of 3 I have currently- :-)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:51 am 

heres a 350x i restored for my good friend last year.this thing is a torque monster.never rode a 250r before is it torquey or is it more of a top end motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? ))

Attachments:
DSC00223.JPG
DSC00223.JPG [ 2.53 MiB | Viewed 10269 times ]
DSC00224.JPG
DSC00224.JPG [ 2.56 MiB | Viewed 10269 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:48 pm 

Very clean restore, I am impressed to say the least.Looks like a 250R gold color on that swinger-you rebuild the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) yourself

Attachments:
File comment: heres my current 350x
350x 2nd 1.jpg
350x 2nd 1.jpg [ 1.39 MiB | Viewed 10269 times ]
File comment: current picture
odykid pilot progress pictures 014.jpg
odykid pilot progress pictures 014.jpg [ 1.34 MiB | Viewed 10269 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:49 pm 

no still have the original motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) had a broken rod hit head.so that ones on the shelf.i found this motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) in wisconsin on ebay guy says it was an original 10hr Engine that he had as a spare and i would have to agree we him this thing runs great.its like a little diesel Engine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:59 pm 

very nice :-) 350x.heres a pic of what i started with

Attachments:
DSC00120.JPG
DSC00120.JPG [ 2.66 MiB | Viewed 10269 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:13 pm 

Holy crap-WOW!
I have a smoking issue on start-up with mine currently,the warm compression comes in fine, but I think either the oil ring is bad or the valves guides seals are leaking, it is white smoke with choke on, as soon as you shut the choke off when warm, it is fine.I rebuilt the carb-runs great, just the smoking on start-up(cold)only.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:45 pm 

i would say the seals are bad most likely. a bad oil ring would smoke all the time especially at idle or low rpm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:24 pm 

Exhaust valves werent seating at all, the intakes are ok, mic'd in at the high end so I will replace them as well.New springs, cam and seats as well.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:05 am 

Mudbogger wrote:
Exhaust valves werent seating at all, the intakes are ok, mic'd in at the high end so I will replace them as well.New springs, cam and seats as well.

Valve lash was too tight not letting them seat?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:39 am 

hoser wrote:
Mudbogger wrote:

No, they were so gummed up with carbon deposits and oil deposits fom getting hot on the top end when they seated- it prevented them from a total seal.The exhaust especially had a lot od eposit, possible from not changing the oil and letting the thing get hot, or not cleaning the fins on the head when caked with dirt(350x are know for overheating when this is not performed)This is for the 350x motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) and I did check the valves clearances before I toook the head off it.(smoking on start up)I am going to replace the intakes and springs as well on the head.Theres not alot of wear on the rocker arms themsleves and they mic in spec's.the piston is a ART and it appears from my mic that's it is on the standard bore in fact, which is nice.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:40 am 

Mudbogger wrote:
hoser wrote:
Mudbogger wrote:

No, they were so gummed up with carbon deposits and oil deposits fom getting hot on the top end when they seated- it prevented them from a total seal.The exhaust especially had a lot of deposit, possible from not changing the oil and letting the thing get hot, or not cleaning the fins on the head when caked with dirt(350x are know for overheating when this is not performed)This is for the 350x motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) and I did check the valves clearances before I toook the head off it.(smoking on start up)I am going to replace the intakes and springs as well on the head.Theres not alot of wear on the rocker arms themsleves and they mic in spec's.the piston is a ART and it appears from my mic that's it is on the standard bore in fact, which is nice.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:46 am 

Hoser, I ordered the gasket kit for the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )), not the seals, sorry about that.I'll just keep iot in stock for the next rebuild job you do?

Profile E-mail