Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 5:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:22 am 

How did it go firing it up for the first time OMO?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:04 pm 

primed the carb and gave it about 4 pulls and it started right up - set the fast idle adjustment and let it idle for about 10 minutes gasing it every so often. Then ran it in short burts up to 1/4 to 1/2 throttle for about 2 miles then short burst to full throttle and then started tuning the carb. Ran into some tuning problem - seemd to be lean so raised the needl to the next to the last place and went from a 310 to 330 then 350. still have problem. Like it was running out of gas at WOT (Wide Open Throttle) but if you let off then got back on it ran good. We checked the "T" and it showed to be bad. We removed the "T" and left the line with a small filter as a vent - ran very good but still occasionaly acting like it is running the carb bowel dry. Ran out of time. It is my anniversary.

We will next check the fuel pressure - if it running over 5lbs we will install regulator - we will then consider going down a notch on the needle and a size or two in the main jet.

It starts easy and sounds good - we will correct the fuel problem soon.

PS it now has a head light and it works. :shock: - i am looking for a 6v LED strip for a tail light anyone have any ideas?

OMO

more to come

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:13 pm 

Hope you get the fuel issue resolved. Look forward to hearing how it runs in terms of power (seat of the pants) once you get it tuned and broken in.

Rhinoguy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:50 pm 

Take the main jet out completely then take it for a ride, if it floods when you hit WOT (Wide Open Throttle) go bigger on the main if it don't flood the diameter of your needle is too big and not letting enough fuel past it for this application to supply the needs of the main jet.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:27 pm 

no longer chasing fuel problem - eliminated the "T" and went straight to the carb. it will produce about 4lb of fuel pressure. "T" was bad - it never would shut off the flow back to the tank - starving for fuel - run the bowl out. it would nose over at WOT (Wide Open Throttle) and every so often at 1/2 to 3/4. Now it runs full range with no hesitation or nose over. hope to get some movies of it this weekend.

still need 6v led strip for taillight.

Oklahoma is trying to make quads and side/sides legal to drive on street with speed limits less than 40mph

OMO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:54 pm 

OMO,

Wondering if you've gotten much seat time on your rebuilt FL/CR250?

If so, how do you like it, and how much more powerful does it feel? Was it worth the extra work to do the boost ports and other stuff you had done by Kyle?

Just curious,

Rhinoguy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:48 am 

i have had enough seat time to know that it is faster. Yes i think the cylinder modification increased the hp. we are ready now to start increasing the size of the carb. Kyle has a 36mm that is on his race fl250/87 cr250 that we are going to try. Right now i am working at replacing the tranny chain. i am looking at a drag racing chain that is not suppose to stretch for the first 600 miles. i hope to get a chance to check the top speed just to know what it will do. cant use the top end speed on the trails or dunes because of no suspension but it would be nice to know. the botton end power was increased but the top end is where i noticed it the most. if the 36mm works out good i may try a 38mm. i wish i had listened to Ed and Bill - they said it would handle a 38 easy - we will see.

OMO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:57 am 

Thanks for the update.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:23 pm 

Cool, glad to here the project worked. Feels goood don't it. You need suspion. Um, 12 " on 250 sound fun. Just kidding nice job.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:19 pm 

Hope to see ya again at Little Sahara next year and congrats on your rebuild/HP builder. BTW. Keep us posted on what you find out about Oklahoma making it legal to ride quads on the street, ha ha only in Oklahoma. Well, you can legally drive them down main street in Waynoka, OK!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:03 pm 

i am in the process of putting a new chain in the cr's tranny. i think i may have found a new chain source. i will post information and pics will rebuilding and testing. i took some time but it will be nice to have more than one option.

OMO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:01 am 

Chain option for Fl250 gear box

ED 530 DR2 - you will need to order 42 links and a rivet master link
This is a heavy duty drag racing chain

Price should be around $50 + 8.50 freight (order from bulk chain)from Moto-chains.com. You may be able to find this chain through your local motorcycle shop. If you talk to Jay at Moto - Chains he might but the chain together for you.

Sportsman and Streetbike Drag Racing
EK is the acknowledged leader in drag chain technology, and now even streetbike racers can get the EK edge with the 530DR2. Non-sealed. In hot looking chrome.

features: 10,500 lb tensile strength, Max 250 HP

specific: wear life=200; basis=100

http://www.moto-chains.com/site/898528/product/ek530dr2

Just my opinion :-)

OMO
Curtis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:21 pm 

if anyone is interested this chain is a good alternative fix for a stretched chain.