Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 12:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:06 am 

MPDano wrote:
Hi hoser,

Wiseco Piston Kit should have arrived by now. Not hurrying you, just want to make sure you have it in hand by now.

Nothing here, I was looking at your cylinder on the bench yesterday thinking I better ask where it is, can you track the piston? I know USPS shipping has been really slow lately I sent a cylinder to Mudbogger and it took about 3x longer than normal to get it he actually had me scan the receipt so he could take it to the post office to see where it was then it came the next day.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:17 am 

Tracking number is in the quote. This is a USPS Priority Mail Tracking Number. Let me know.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:27 am 

MPDano wrote:
Tracking number is in the quote. This is a USPS Priority Mail Tracking Number. Let me know.

Yeah its here, I checked the mail box and it was in the box with the mail, two strange things happen, one the lady that delivers the mail never puts a package in the mail box she always brings to the house I find it strange she didnt, second the wife always gets the mail daily she didnt last night but she has been sick so it must have slipped her mind.

Anyways sorry for the run around have the piston in hand your cylinder will be done today PM me the address you want it shipped to I will see if I can get it shipped out today.

Thanks

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:28 pm 

Ok your cylinder is done soon as I get the address I can take to post office and ship.

Thanks.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:03 pm 

Awesome! PM sent!

If you feel the need, post pics for all to see your work.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 6:05 pm 

Ok, just ordered a bunch of parts for my FL250 Project. Do you use some sort of assembly lube to put the Engine back together (bearings, wrist pin, etc)? Any Tips?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 7:19 pm 

MPDano wrote:
Ok, just ordered a bunch of parts for my FL250 Project. Do you use some sort of assembly lube to put the Engine back together (bearings, wrist pin, etc)? Any Tips?

Lube everything up good with the two stroke oil your going to use in the Engine, you even want to coat the piston and the cylinder wall really good pre lube all bearings even put some oil down the holes in the crank case that feeds the crank bearings.

You will burn all this oil out during your first heat cycle by revving up the Engine a few times to clear it out, that way you know everything has good oil until you have some time of flowing the fresh mix through the Engine so it takes over the coating of parts job.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 8:31 am 

Cool. I also noticed an arrow on the piston head, which way does that arrow point upon assembly? Also, does it matter which way the Rod goes in as well?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 12:13 pm 

MPDano wrote:
Cool. I also noticed an arrow on the piston head, which way does that arrow point upon assembly? Also, does it matter which way the Rod goes in as well?

The ring end gaps face the intake side of the cylinder purge your brain of the arrow on the top of the piston too many are installed backwards because of confusion what way the arrow is pointing.

You lost me on the rod question can you give more detail please.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 12:41 pm 

The Rod can face either direction (sorry not at home), does it matter? Or is there a mark on it to show orientation. Sorry, never built an Engine before.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 8:16 pm 

MPDano wrote:
The Rod can face either direction (sorry not at home), does it matter? Or is there a mark on it to show orientation. Sorry, never built an Engine before.

I am still lost you have removed the rod from the crankshaft ?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 8:20 pm 

hoser wrote:
MPDano wrote:

I am still lost you have removed the rod from the crankshaft ?

Not yet. I will once I get the new bearings. I will mark it with a pen and put it back the same way. I forgot that I didn't take it off the crank yet.

Profile E-mail