Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: 500 conversion pilot
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:38 pm 

Mudbogger wrote:
cruz_01 wrote:
How did he butcher it?

Look at the pictures close if you can everything that was performed is bent, incorrect angles, poor workmanship to be kind. Its a real shame as i love my first pilot that was done by him but this one is complete junk nothing is uniform, from the arms to the angled steering shaft.
Not going here to provide information to inflame this topic has been extremely hard on me but i spent thousands of dollars on this 2nd pilot and got nothing in return. If anybody from his side wishes to respond i encourage them too, i am sickened by the deal and really personally feel betrayed and in a sense ripped off.
Now i am too the understanding that Dave's health was poor at the time of my pilot project, i have also heard to the contrary, i also understand my parts i boight went to others who expressed displeasure in the kits provided, whatever the case this is a forum and i have a right to express my personal experiences.

I want to make it perfectly clear to you AND to anyone else here that I am not vouching for Dave-CO or supporting him to any extent. I believe I was his first victim with his work here and I had my fair share of problems. I think the amount of issues you had on your second pilot was pretty bad and same goes for SCpilot as well. I blew out two CV's because the rear upper control arms were welded wrong and 3/4 balljoints are in bad condition and since I am not a fabricator, I'm very limited on how to fix the problem.

The reason why I asked you what he butchered is because I want to know if there are certain things I missed on my pilot I didn't see before. For instance, I have the same power steering setup on yours as well as SCpilot. So far, I haven't had any issues with the power steering as of yet. Also, Dave-CO did my roll cage as well which concerns me things weren't done right.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:38 pm 

Hi my first pilot no issues honestly,
Second we will post pocs of what was done to it which is pretty much limited to front end prior to shipment back uncompleted and no money back for aervices paid for might i add.
You perfectly entitled to defend or not defend Dave here the reason behind the postings will be to inform persons for safety, what to do and not to do, what to look for from a consumers point and not get ripped off and be stupid like me.
Everytime i look at this hunk of shit i want to puke. I really get physically sick to my stomach ask merhodical. I cant see a project get thrown away so luckily for me i have a great friend in methodical and the fine members here to helpnwith parts, fab, design etc.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:11 pm 

You trusted Dave to build your machine for what you paid for and got the complete opposite. Nothing much you could have done considering you live in the east coast. Ask Steve what happened to him when he drove a couple of hundred miles to pick up his paid up front pilot. It was a little easier for me to deal with Dave since I live somewhat by him but I still wasted countless hours driving back and forth dealing with problems.

Anyway, hope everything works out with methodical and I think we're all excited to see what this pilot will look after it's done..

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:51 pm 

Wanted to update the thread, the pilot after close inspection has to be completely junked and everything needs to be replaced starting with the frame. The amount of damage done by him has so compromised the main frame it isnt worth fixing.
The only thing i believe that can be saved is the actual power steering unit that's it.
I am just sickened by this project as i am way over 8 grand total for absolutly nothing, nothing. I have owned this pilot for years and it has been a complete eye opener as too what you read and see on the internet.
Shame on me but good for the general members here, don't believe everything you see and hear they say and its true.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:10 pm 

Mudbogger wrote:
Wanted to update the thread, the pilot after close inspection has to be completely junked and everything needs to be replaced starting with the frame. The amount of damage done by him has so compromised the main frame it isnt worth fixing.
The only thing i believe that can be saved is the actual power steering unit that's it.
I am just sickened by this project as i am way over 8 grand total for absolutly nothing, nothing. I have owned this pilot for years and it has been a complete eye opener as too what you read and see on the internet.
Shame on me but good for the general members here, don't believe everything you see and hear they say and its true.

I'm sure telling your story has not been easy, parting with 8 grand, your time and someone taking advantage certainly isn't. Thanks for update and warning. Here's hoping you reach your goal soon.
Regards G.O.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:20 pm 

That sucks.

I know your not on here much anymore, But i'd love to see pics of what is no good and why it has to be scrapped.

The vids he posted of the same chassis seem to work pretty good.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:59 pm 

I'd like to see some of these pics too. :shock:
F me scrap an entire chassis :shock:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:39 pm 

Sorry to here. If you need some part that I may have post list and I'll see what I can do.
Rich.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:14 pm 

Will post pictures and such when we get into the project it has been put off here for a spell.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5