Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:46 am 

I was lucky enough to grab a longstanding members odyssey he had for sale here-(thanks my friend!!)as usual with any ride I get I always seem to get an itch to upgrade items-this is no exception.This odyssey is a proven trail ride so motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? ))/ trans wise it is perfect-the compression is perfect-oil always changed and the trans is smooth-the jug is bored slightly-and it has a Moseberger intake with 38mm flatsdie Mikuni already on it, so just some cleaning of the carb is all to be done there, jetting as well in coming weeks will be worked on but overall drivetrain wise it is top notch!
Currently the ody has a dual air intake system on it, but I like to mess around and I decided to re- invent the system on it-it has a rad set-up with fan and water pump, the pump was siezed and the fan wasn't in good shape so I decided with my array of spare water pumps, rads I was going to redo this as well-mind you it didn't need it -my OCD kicked in so away I went and tore the existing sytem out-I ordered a new pump from SARA at TRIPLE EEE and used 1 of my many Banshee rads for the new system-installing it between the rear rollcage tubes it will be significantly smaller than exisitng and a cleaner install.The rims and tires are stockers, here on the EAST CAOST i RIDE ALOT OF TRAILS, ROCKY TERRIAN AND OLD coal pits with slag, so 6 plys IMO ar ethe only tire I will run so I ordered a set of DOUGLASS 190's with GBC DIRT DEVILS 6 ply-thats to date the most $$$ shelled out for my upgrades.I used 2 K&N RU 0620 filters for the dual air inlets, I will take some pictures for you in the next day or so.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:24 am 

Wrapped up the new rad install-currently the water pump is backordered so I cant button it up till then, the dual air filters are also installed currently, I'll take some pictures for posting.next will be the starter and carb, both need TLC.
Rims and tires are in, the are mudlites 6 plys with Douglass red dot rims, I always insisit on the 6 plys here in the Northeast-the coal pits etc can wreck havoc on any other type of tire.I'll post pics also.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:37 pm 

Havent had time to post pictures, working to many hrs these days-hope to do so in the future.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:33 pm 

Update:
Pulled motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) to get starter out-I like to do it this way-I know others don't but IMO it is easier to do
motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) mounts need replacement-torn the front bumper off as it has had a good life, will replace with a aftermarket 1 I have here.The ody had a dual inlet sytem on it when purchased that worked great-I just didnt like the way it looked at times so I redesigned it using Hoser tech pages and the same basic setup he did on his Pilot with the dual filter from K&N, looks better and now the air tubes arent exposed as they were before.don't get me wrong -the old setup worked and was proven to be top notch-my OCD kicks in here every day or 2-LOL!!PURCHASED SOME NEW 190'S RIMS AND NEW ITP tires for the ride, I had a credit over at ROCKY MTN and figured what the hell, they have been installed on it.The tie rods have been removed and I hope to send to Hoser for the Hoserite TECHNIQUE TO BE APPLIED TO THEM.I ordered a new Safety restraint for the ody from CROW-it is custon tailored to my height, and shoulder pads were sewn into it as well, they are black.I will also try to install new hardware on the air box for my conversion,I prefer to have 90 degree hard fittings, currently they have a softer type of elbow.I'll try to post some pictures of the stuff, dam camera and my lack of general knowledge on the PC are to blame.I also removed the old rad and protective cover from the ody and replace with a banshee rad aI had here-I installed it between the tubes so in case of rollover it wont take to much of a hit-I'll install a fan on it afetr everything is bolted into place.I also purchased a new water pump from Sara at Triple EEE and will install new rad lines with a new temp guage.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:31 pm 

Some pictures of the progress:

Attachments:
File comment: dual air inlet system, direct from Hosers tech page, this isnt finished just yet
DSC00002.JPG
DSC00002.JPG [ 149.27 KiB | Viewed 53093 times ]
File comment: Banshee rad mounted on downtubes, it has been checked for leaks.
DSC00003.JPG
DSC00003.JPG [ 149.38 KiB | Viewed 53092 times ]
File comment: Tires and rim combo direct from ROCKY MTN ATV.
DSC00004.JPG
DSC00004.JPG [ 146.21 KiB | Viewed 53092 times ]
File comment: New front bumper mounted, old 1 had good size dent in it.
DSC00005.JPG
DSC00005.JPG [ 142.62 KiB | Viewed 53092 times ]
File comment: motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) out and on bench for cleaning, leakdown test.
DSC00007.JPG
DSC00007.JPG [ 154.13 KiB | Viewed 53092 times ]
File comment: motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) with 102c clutch removed, wanted to make sure crank seal was good -cant see it with clutch on.
DSC00008.JPG
DSC00008.JPG [ 139.85 KiB | Viewed 53092 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:39 pm 

more pictures"

Attachments:
File comment: Carb out cleaned, internals written down for jetting.
DSC00006.JPG
DSC00006.JPG [ 149.96 KiB | Viewed 53090 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject: fl350
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:00 am 

Looks good, nice mods too.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:46 am 

Will do the air leak test today on motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )), powerwash it as well.Will post pics later today.
Ordered Service Honda items last night as well for the ody.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:33 am 

Mudbogger wrote:
Will do the air leak test today on motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )), powerwash it as well.Will post pics later today.

Ask Hare but while you have the Engine out you might want to remove the clutch cover and clean and lube the clutch with the comet lube, also put a few drops of oil on the cylinder nuts.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:48 pm 

hoser wrote:
Mudbogger wrote:

Ask Hare but while you have the Engine out you might want to remove the clutch cover and clean and lube the clutch with the comet lube, also put a few drops of oil on the cylinder nuts.

I'll have to get some lube from them-don't have any here-darn.I need to ask Hare how the carb/clutch combo ran-if theres no need to change them I'll leave it as is-Mass told me the thing ran real strong at ECJ when he rode it there-I forgot to do a compression check on it when in the frame-wonder if I can accomplish this with my limited resources here in the new garage?The head bolts have some scaling on them but I cannot tell if that was from sitting for a period of time prior to my purchase or if the head bolts/nuts are leaking, I would imagine that from speaking to Hare they haven't been touched in years but I hesitate to try anything till I can find out exactly what head and hardware is used for this head-it may be something very simple but it doesn't make sense to dig into it without some type of knowledge about it-RIGHT?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:25 pm 

Mudbogger wrote:
hoser wrote:
Mudbogger wrote:

I'll have to get some lube from them-don't have any here-darn.I need to ask Hare how the carb/clutch combo ran-if theres no need to change them I'll leave it as is-Mass told me the thing ran real strong at ECJ when he rode it there-I forgot to do a compression check on it when in the frame-wonder if I can accomplish this with my limited resources here in the new garage?The head bolts have some scaling on them but I cannot tell if that was from sitting for a period of time prior to my purchase or if the head bolts/nuts are leaking, I would imagine that from speaking to Hare they haven't been touched in years but I hesitate to try anything till I can find out exactly what head and hardware is used for this head-it may be something very simple but it doesn't make sense to dig into it without some type of knowledge about it-RIGHT?

Sara probably has the clutch lube, its not cheap but its the best!

Take some detail pics of the head and bolts, nuts, its a stock head that's been welded up for LC ?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:55 pm 

hoser wrote:
Mudbogger wrote:
hoser wrote:
Mudbogger wrote:

Sara probably has the clutch lube, its not cheap but its the best!

Take some detail pics of the head and bolts, nuts, its a stock head that's been welded up for LC ?

Spoke to Hare via the chatroom, the head is a custom job by a guy named Jersey Joe-the bolts, washers etc are all shelf items, it is one of around 10 made by the guy years ago, dunno whatever happened to the guy but YES Hoser it appears to be a stock head with a separate chamber on it for Water cooled system.It seems to work great for Hare so I do not think I'll change anything on it but the cooper washers and nuts on it, the piston appears from the exhaust side to be in great shape, as does the top looking in from the plug, the serial # of the piston clearly evident, theres no carbon deposits on it at all.Hare says he thinks it is on 2 bore, doesnt have time on it and by all appearances that's seems to be true as the piston looks brand new from any vantage point.The carb is going to need some redoing as Hare has let me know the jetting was for all top end, which isnt good for my trail riding here in NJ-so I'll ask in a separate post about baselines for a Mikinu carb.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:49 pm 

Took carb apart, heres what it has in it-a 180 main, slow jet of a 50 and stock needle and seat.I went to carb parts warehouse site and found out what stock internals are:

http://www.carbparts.com/keihin/pj_jett ... nsions.htm

I think I'll just got down on the main for time being and see what happens with the plug chops, a 180 is way too rich and speaking to Hare he says he thinks the jetting was for racing/wide open which isnt what I do up here on tight trails for sure.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:46 pm 

Ok-tryed to perform the leakdown test on motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) today-I was unable to due to the exhaust flange excessive ID-it isnt a stock flange mabye someone here know who makes this?My kit for testing is for a stock flange which is significantly smaller than this 1-I am also looking at the pipe as well, cant tell if it is a Power pros or another brand-mabte you guys could help?It appears to be a Power Pros, but I have never seen a exhaust flange like this that fits the expansion pipe.Also here some pics of the sir box, as mentioned I am going to take out the flexible 90 degree fittings and install some pvc instead.

Attachments:
File comment: Heres the exhaust flange
DSC00009.JPG
DSC00009.JPG [ 139.67 KiB | Viewed 52716 times ]
File comment: Back side of the flange
DSC00010.JPG
DSC00010.JPG [ 139.78 KiB | Viewed 52716 times ]
File comment: Heres the flange with my plug for the leakdown test, see how the flange is actually sitting inside?it will fall right through it
DSC00016.JPG
DSC00016.JPG [ 155.31 KiB | Viewed 52716 times ]
File comment: exahaust pipe, looks like a Power pros does it not?
DSC00012.JPG
DSC00012.JPG [ 151.06 KiB | Viewed 52716 times ]
File comment: Another view
DSC00011.JPG
DSC00011.JPG [ 152.07 KiB | Viewed 52716 times ]
File comment: Air box inlets, these are flexible rubber tubes and I like the pvc type
DSC00014.JPG
DSC00014.JPG [ 145.2 KiB | Viewed 52716 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:11 pm 

That looks just like my pipe.I'm pretty sure mine is a Klemm. The support bracket looks to be exactly the same shape. My silencer has a Klemm sticker on it & I have the Klemm air box lid.Do you have a pic of the silencer? Does anybody have any old ads or catalog from Klemm about what they offered for the fl350?

Shubey

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:33 pm 

shubey wrote:
That looks just like my pipe.I'm pretty sure mine is a Klemm. The support bracket looks to be exactly the same shape. My silencer has a Klemm sticker on it & I have the Klemm air box lid.Do you have a pic of the silencer? Does anybody have any old ads or catalog from Klemm about what they offered for the fl350?

Shubey

No, the silencer on mine is a stock one, do you have a picture of yours by chance?Do the Kleems look like a stock silencer by chance?Heres what mine looks like-it is stock for sure.I do have a Kleem airbox but not on this ride currently.

Attachments:
File comment: Wide view
DSC00017.JPG
DSC00017.JPG [ 144.4 KiB | Viewed 52678 times ]
File comment: serial # are Honda OEM -THIS STOCK TO ME.
DSC00018.JPG
DSC00018.JPG [ 149.65 KiB | Viewed 52678 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:56 pm 

I posted some pics awhile ago.Do a search for " klemm reaeach " I spelled research wrong on the original post.that should take you right to the pics.

Shubey

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:01 pm 

I might look into a stock silencer or a gutted one since it looks like it might fit my pipe since it is ungodly loud.

Shubey

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:15 pm 

shubey wrote:
I posted some pics awhile ago.Do a search for " klemm reaeach " I spelled research wrong on the original post.that should take you right to the pics.

Shubey

Got it here: http://pilotodyssey.com/PO/viewtopi ... m+research
I wonder if something like a Paul Turner fat boy will fit this by chance, they appear to be similair in many ways.I will send this out to my powdercoater for mediablast and coating, perhaps for resale as I have a full Power Pros pipe and silencer I will put onto this ride.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Pipe
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:44 pm 

The exhaust flange looks like a FTZ but the pipe doesn't. I have a FTZ pipe if you want pics to compare it to.

Weed....

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Pipe
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:11 pm 

cwwiedmaier wrote:
The exhaust flange looks like a FTZ but the pipe doesn't. I have a FTZ pipe if you want pics to compare it to.

Weed....

Please -if you could I would apprec it-I took a good look at again and there are some diferences with it in regards to a Power Pros expansion chamber-thanks for the help on this.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:15 pm 

Finally got the stock exhaust flange today and installed it with gasket, performed the leakdown test and heres what I got: Base gasket on jug is leaking-tryed to take pictures of it when bubbles were showing but I am not the best with the camera-also the rubber on the intake is dry rotted so it will have to be replaced as well.

Attachments:
File comment: close view, you may be able to see the cleaned area with the bubbles coming out here
DSC00022.JPG
DSC00022.JPG [ 138.33 KiB | Viewed 52593 times ]
File comment: In area with spray bottle , good way to check for exact location of the leak.
DSC00020.JPG
DSC00020.JPG [ 145.97 KiB | Viewed 52593 times ]
File comment: another view of the general area where the leakage is.
DSC00021.JPG
DSC00021.JPG [ 158.05 KiB | Viewed 52593 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:08 pm 

Looks to be a dead ringer for the pipe I use with the 420/350. I was told it was either a Bills or Kleem pipe. I never knew for sure, but it does make great power through the entire band. Hope that helps some...

Gary

Attachments:
MVC-004F.JPG
MVC-004F.JPG [ 70.54 KiB | Viewed 52580 times ]
exhaust_pipe_179.jpg
exhaust_pipe_179.jpg [ 41.76 KiB | Viewed 52580 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:37 pm 

Yes it does thank you-mine is exactly the same minus the silencer-I didnt get that with this ody.Any idea if this BILLS is still around by chance Nuke em?
I love this stuff, buying a ride and finding old gems in the process, the exhaust pipe for instance, the Mossberger intake, the head are all it seems rare items, it really enhances the project IMO when you come across these items and have the ability to look into the Honda odyssey past,old school companies that made aftermarket parts-it makes the upgrades that much more fun IMO.
Bonus too the head bolts didnt leak when the leakdown test was performed as well, so I guess the corrosion was from anti-freeze sitting on top of the head, not from leaks.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:02 pm 

Bills pipes are still around.
http://www.billspipes.com/products/2-st ... index.html