Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:35 pm 

Here are your suspension arms not sure where to put them or what project they came off of, you have any before pics, I have before pics but no pictures when they were all bent up.

Took the arms and tie rods to a buddies shop and put them in the press to get them straight again, these were a challenge where did you find these arms what a POS lol

Attachments:
DSCN1159.JPG
DSCN1159.JPG [ 85.31 KiB | Viewed 7484 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:44 pm 

Here is a pic after both the tie rods and the arms were Hoserized.

Where is the 4th tie rod how come only Hoserize 3 of them?

More info on Hoserized tie rods and arms
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=814

http://pilotodyssey.com/PO/viewtopic.php?t=1757

I forgot exactly how shitty the metal was Honda used to fabricate these arms even when welding with the tig its a pain in the ass, your welding along just fine then kapow it festers up on you its like welding really dirty aluminum lol

Attachments:
DSCN1164.JPG
DSCN1164.JPG [ 86.96 KiB | Viewed 7483 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:40 pm 

I must have forgotten to send a 4th dammit! Here are some before pictures -just removed from the Pilot!

Attachments:
throttle pilot CSI 084.jpg
throttle pilot CSI 084.jpg [ 71.88 KiB | Viewed 7469 times ]
throttle pilot CSI 063.jpg
throttle pilot CSI 063.jpg [ 75.62 KiB | Viewed 7469 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:58 am 

wow those were hammered. Its great to see the suspension parts fixed instead of thrown out. Good job

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:49 am 

these arms and tie rod came off the throttle pilot and yes they were hammered.
all of the suspension parts on that pilot were totally hammered and have to be replaced.
I can save some of the front arms and put polyurethane bushings kits in as the stock bushings are wiped out

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:12 pm 

Before pics of the second batch of arms.

Attachments:
DSCN1168.JPG
DSCN1168.JPG [ 76.01 KiB | Viewed 7417 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:58 pm 

Can't wait to see the "after" pictures as those things were hammered! They all came off the Throttle project if my memory serves me.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:07 am 

Well I got the others done boy they were in really bad shape I hope I got them close enough to being back to the stock dimensions, might be time to start making these new since Honda discontinued them?

Maybe Speedchaser would like to make some, you would need to press out the rubber part and reuse that in the new one unless Speedchaser can come up with a solution for this also.

Anyways I will box them all up in the USPS if it fits it ships box and send it out to you today.

On a side note the arm that going by appearance looked to be the newest out of the bunch was the one that welded up the best, Honda must have used a better quality steel on the newer arms than the older originals ? I wish I had the funds to send one out to see exactly what steel they used I have never welded on steel that welds like this reminds me of welding aluminum you will be welding along real good then it just festers up like its contaminated inside I use to blame my old cheap mig welder that used flux core wire for the problems and the shitty looking welds but even with the tig welder it does the same thing, the welds are better in appearance than when using the flux core but it still welds shitty.

If you think about it the metal does not need to be all that quality for these parts so I could see where Honda or its supplier would skimp on quality of steel.

Attachments:
DSCN1170[1].JPG
DSCN1170[1].JPG [ 75.51 KiB | Viewed 7379 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:30 pm 

Thanks again Hoser. I will apply a nice primer and coat of white on these and then use as needed on my Pilots as needed. I never want to be without a set.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:45 am 

White????? Why not silver like oem?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:30 pm 

I like the white against the red frame to be honest, plus it brings people attention to them as well. My CO pilot has them on it and I just like the color combo. :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:50 pm 

Mudbogger wrote:
I like the white against the red frame to be honest, plus it brings people attention to them as well. My CO pilot has them on it and I just like the color combo. :-)

Same here I like the color combo much better just like painting the rims white on a FL350 :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:04 pm 

Sent some more rear arms to Hoser for Hoserizing. Will use them on future pilots or some of my riders that need them, got to look at what needs what.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:04 am 

I have found it nearly imposable to lay a nice weld anywhere on the pilot frames, and on top of the fact they are sooooooo thin makes for real tricky welding. Tig is out of the question. Why not put some rod ends and swedge rods inplace of the stock ones, they come with left and right hand threads and a 5/8x 1/2 rod ends work great. You can get them in any length you want and they come gold anodized for a great look.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:57 am 

Dave-Co wrote:
I have found it nearly imposable to lay a nice weld anywhere on the pilot frames, and on top of the fact they are sooooooo thin makes for real tricky welding. Tig is out of the question. Why not put some rod ends and swedge rods inplace of the stock ones, they come with left and right hand threads and a 5/8x 1/2 rod ends work great. You can get them in any length you want and they come gold anodized for a great look.

I avoid the replacement arms because of the cost and complexity and added maintenance, the stock arms are basically maintenance free until you bend one sooner or later it will become time to replace them with something like you describe.

What are you doing with all your stock arms when you do your LT conversions?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:08 am 

Dave-Co wrote:

Hi Dave would you be kind enough to post a picture of what your describing please?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:03 pm 

I do not want to speak for Dave co however I do think this is what he is talking about
download/file.php?id=14821
download/file.php?id=14820

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:16 pm 

How is the strength on those?
I have seen them on Ebay but made out of alumn and sold by rooky, which to me seen pretty dumb as the alumn must bend pretty easy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:38 pm 

I use AL for my pilot which I use in the dunes and else where. They may be different from what the other guy sells I do not know. I use the ones from smileys race car parts. When I set mine up to start with I use the steel ones and when I finalized it I use the AL ones. No issues as of yet other then the anodizing has been wore off in places form sand blasting.
When I did some unsprung weight testing the difference between AL-rods, AL-rims and lighter tires and stock made a big diff. few other things as well. I'm not saying that is the way to go just what I did and have yet to have a failure. for a long travel set up Using a swedge tube (adjustable link) many set ups can be achieved. Are they more maintenance, not really. just keep them clean and inspect them.

download/file.php?id=17225" .".." ."..
download/file.php?id=17257" .".. http://www.smileysracing.com/shopping/?ic=1558

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:29 pm 

Those look exactly like Redline revolt rear suspension arms Adnoh. I mean exactly the same!!
I looked at my Turbo Pilot and it has steel rods exactly like yours pictured with hiems on the end, dunno if he had them made or purchased them somewhere?

Profile E-mail