Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:51 pm 

Looking good!

Where you been? :shock:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:52 pm 

new parts are kool

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:57 pm 

Just been really busy Hoser-2 many projects!!!!, work is crazy busy-computer been last thing on list-trying to get all the 350 odysseys projects /250r atc /350x atc and this project together finally.

Got the rollcage in tonight, hand tight-may need to take it off for some reason later-motor in as well, alot of exhaust brackets, CDI (Capacitor Discharge Ignition) bracket installed loosely as well.I have rev pipe, and a Torque at my disposal for this, as well as the Powerbloc clutch that's in fine shape.I alsdo rebuild the CV'S and greased them up tonight for install at a later date-mabye this weekend hopefully.

Attachments:
File comment: motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) and trans installed right rear view
Nj pilot project 029.jpg
Nj pilot project 029.jpg [ 150.96 KiB | Viewed 12909 times ]
File comment: left side view with brake rotor installed on hub.I prefer the "worn" look on these-dunno why-
Nj pilot project 027.jpg
Nj pilot project 027.jpg [ 149.23 KiB | Viewed 12909 times ]
File comment: left side hub with seals and bearing installed-had to hand sand the overcoating inside for the bearings, took hrs!!!really stunk!!
Nj pilot project 028.jpg
Nj pilot project 028.jpg [ 150.08 KiB | Viewed 12909 times ]
File comment: Full view of frame with cage installed
Nj pilot project 030.jpg
Nj pilot project 030.jpg [ 154.44 KiB | Viewed 12909 times ]
File comment: Rad relocation bracket-finished product-I really like this set-up.
Nj pilot project 031.jpg
Nj pilot project 031.jpg [ 153.91 KiB | Viewed 12909 times ]
File comment: Good look at the roolcage bolts-all brand new as well, or powdercoated chrome-
Nj pilot project 032.jpg
Nj pilot project 032.jpg [ 139 KiB | Viewed 12909 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:05 pm 

Nothing new on the Pilot project, working 15 hr days/7 days a week here-will get around to it hopefully this weekend.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:01 pm 

Got some time today to work on the Pilot, took the fuel cell apart to clean and inspect it, needs some new items that I'll order from SERVICE HONDA tonight-mostly brackets, lines and mabye a new cell if the $$ isnt to high :shock: , I''ll keep 1 for a spare.Heres a pic of the clean items, got the toothbrush out again on them.I also as well took the rad to a local shop for a flow testing and cleaning-figured it couldn't hurt to get it checked out.Got the spindles back out to the powdercoater as the color wasn't a good match to OEM, so that's holding me back in a way to an extent to get the suspension all buttoned up.I am also missing some really stupid things like washers, etc that I have run out if here in my stock,so the progress is slowed greatly.

Attachments:
Nj pilot project 033.jpg
Nj pilot project 033.jpg [ 152.88 KiB | Viewed 12857 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 8:52 pm 

Got all new spherical joints, clips, seals and spacers for the front arms today, the new fuel cell and assorted hardware that's still available was purchased as well.I am hoping to get the project going this weekend,hopefully but have been losing interest in all the projects I HAVE GOING lately, don't know why-mabye it is burn-out-will post picture later -need a nap-LOL

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 10:59 pm 

Installed the freshly powdercoated steering column,steering shaft with all new bushings, washers, nuts, and rubber o-rings in, front brake lines, steering wheel,and driven on trans tonight.I also replaced the internal brake lines inside the wheel as well.I had tryed to order new brake lines but they havent gotten to SERVICE as of today, I'll install later.I also ordered ATVR'S Pilot front and rear stainless brake line kits as well as there Desert BUMPER which I installed quicky to see if my tube reapir was good, and it fits like a glove, perfect onto it,I am happy about that (BIG THANKS TO BILL Okeefe FOR THE TOOL!!!)HERES SOME PICTURES FOR YOU.

Attachments:
File comment: Which I could find a new cover they are discontinued from Honda.
Nj pilot project 002.jpg
Nj pilot project 002.jpg [ 149.63 KiB | Viewed 13005 times ]
File comment: Nice new steering shaft with accesories.
Nj pilot project 003.jpg
Nj pilot project 003.jpg [ 154.29 KiB | Viewed 13005 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 11:04 pm 

More pictures.

Attachments:
File comment: Side shot of the new column
Nj pilot project 001.jpg
Nj pilot project 001.jpg [ 145.95 KiB | Viewed 13004 times ]
File comment: Spare rad mounted, I really like the way this is set-up.
Nj pilot project 004.jpg
Nj pilot project 004.jpg [ 145.15 KiB | Viewed 13004 times ]
File comment: ATVR bumper, the colr is a dead on match to mine, I am not kidding either-I was shocked!!
Nj pilot project 005.jpg
Nj pilot project 005.jpg [ 148.77 KiB | Viewed 13004 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 9:24 am 

Dude! That thing is looking awesome! Can't wait to see the finished product..... :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 11:02 pm 

Thank you.I got the 350 motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) back today from Triple EEE so I worked on that for most of the evening, I need to order some small stuff for it to be complete, I installed the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )), fuel cell, all new fuel lines and fuel filter, fuel brackets ,starter,carb, reeds,exhaust flange,air tubes and air box,trans to motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) mounts,air induction system(stock)and also to finish the night out got my axles back from the powdercoater.I have the OEM u-joints from Randy to install in them over the weekend.I may install the front arms on the Pilot tonight with the Hoser enhanced tie rods(thanks Hoser)but that's it for me, gonna catch up on sleep.I'll post pictures of the 350 over the weekend.

Attachments:
85 250R 023.jpg
85 250R 023.jpg [ 149.74 KiB | Viewed 12968 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 11:03 pm 

Does look good. Is that a 90 cylinder and head or a 500 kit, I noticed what look like welding at the base of the jug. I also noticed the wiring was an 89 version. Just wondering. If you ever go to LS in OK pleas let me know I would really enjoy looking it over and doing some ridding. Keep up the nice work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 6:30 pm 

The jug is for a 89. the welding you see on the base of the jug isnt-it is just added bead of sealer Hoser put on the base of it.I bought the top end from Litespeed, it is all stock, the head was bead blasted.

I installed the front end today-or as much as I could for todays work, the spindles haven't come back from powder yet, so I stalled on it.You may notice the tie rods, those are "Hoser enhanced" and can be done for you-contact Hoser for details, they are super heavy duty.I also installed the WORKS front shocks as well, does anybody know if they should face the other way by chance?I have the rese's and hose facing forward, is that correct for the fenders?

Attachments:
File comment: Is this correct way to mount the rese's, or should they face backwards?
Nj pilot project 001.jpg
Nj pilot project 001.jpg [ 141.18 KiB | Viewed 12934 times ]
File comment: All new a-arms, seals, and sperical joints, as well as the spacers too!!
Nj pilot project 002.jpg
Nj pilot project 002.jpg [ 152.29 KiB | Viewed 12934 times ]
File comment: HOSER ENHANCED tie rods, see the girth on those babies!!!!!!!
Nj pilot project 003.jpg
Nj pilot project 003.jpg [ 140.92 KiB | Viewed 12934 times ]
File comment: Backing plates straight from my powdercoater-sweet gloss black!!
Nj pilot project 004.jpg
Nj pilot project 004.jpg [ 143.24 KiB | Viewed 12934 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 10:54 pm 

I turn mine the other way and tuck the cans right behind the upper a-arm on the frame to help with debris hitting the lines and cans

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 11:00 pm 

Disregrard the a- arm(probie) put behind the upper shock mount bolt on the frame. This way they will clear the plastic as well and if you do not look real close they will be hidden out of sight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 1:17 am 

Can you give us a ballpark $$$ figure on what it is costing to powdercoat this... I am thinking of powdercoating the Purple Pilot Eater???

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 3:53 pm 

Try this. New at the picture thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 3:59 pm 

Agian

Attachments:
File comment: 89/90 pilot, works with rezzie
Resize of pilot-07.jpg
Resize of pilot-07.jpg [ 46.52 KiB | Viewed 12896 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 11:27 am 

Thanks for the pic.
Got a delivery from SERVICE today-lots of new goodies including a new fuel cell, tie rod end nuts,washers and nuts for the rear suspension arms, rubber for the CDI (Capacitor Discharge Ignition) and igniton boxes,new fuel lines,air intake, roll cage net,carb to air box inlet tube,circlips for the axles(part # 44319-611-010 smaller clip, not the larger size),rubber grommets for the fuel cell and associted hardware,and a few other items as well.
I installed the axles using Hosers method(see his Tech page)with the new circlips,and tightened everything to manual specs, then installed the WORKS shocks as well(see pic).I noticed the suspension seems to be streched alittle with them on,but that may be ok due to the fact there isnt any wieght on it currently.Still awaiting some spindles and a rear arm from the powdercoater to complete the suspensions, so I'll work on the top end today hopefully, the carb is going back on it is a 39 pwk in great shape, need to cleaned and gone over first.

Attachments:
File comment: Package contents from SERVICE HONDA-1 OF 2 .
Nj pilot project 001.jpg
Nj pilot project 001.jpg [ 144.92 KiB | Viewed 12842 times ]
File comment: new fuel cell, came in 2nd package.
Nj pilot project 002.jpg
Nj pilot project 002.jpg [ 152.02 KiB | Viewed 12842 times ]
File comment: new parts are good for the soul!
Nj pilot project 003.jpg
Nj pilot project 003.jpg [ 144.8 KiB | Viewed 12842 times ]
File comment: air inlet tube from carb to airbox, old 1 is ok, save for a spare.
Nj pilot project 004.jpg
Nj pilot project 004.jpg [ 148.94 KiB | Viewed 12842 times ]
File comment: New net for the pilot, got old 1 for sale if anybody needs it.
Nj pilot project 005.jpg
Nj pilot project 005.jpg [ 148.46 KiB | Viewed 12842 times ]
File comment: new circlips part # for the axles-this is the smaller of the 2 available currently.
Nj pilot project 006.jpg
Nj pilot project 006.jpg [ 145.57 KiB | Viewed 12842 times ]
File comment: left rear suspension complete-see how it appears to be strecthed out some?OR IS IT ME?
Nj pilot project 009.jpg
Nj pilot project 009.jpg [ 146.14 KiB | Viewed 12842 times ]
File comment: ANOTHER VIEW of the rear suspension with shock installed.
Nj pilot project 010.jpg
Nj pilot project 010.jpg [ 141.56 KiB | Viewed 12842 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 3:31 pm 

pictures of the CV'S see how they appear to be ar a very bad angle, is this from just not having it under a load?

Attachments:
File comment: left side upper on trans
nj pilot intake 003.jpg
nj pilot intake 003.jpg [ 151.06 KiB | Viewed 12836 times ]
File comment: same side lower, see the angle on that?I had to push the suspension down to get the shock in.
nj pilot intake 004.jpg
nj pilot intake 004.jpg [ 139.79 KiB | Viewed 12836 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 6:03 pm 

Mudbogger wrote:
pictures of the CV'S see how they appear to be ar a very bad angle, is this from just not having it under a load?

Are the shocks your using on the rear the same length eye to eye?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 6:43 pm 

hoser wrote:
Mudbogger wrote:

Are the shocks your using on the rear the same length eye to eye?

I'll check them Hoser, they should be-I had these on Pilotmans old ride and they were fine.Would they be longer from Works then stock?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 8:22 pm 

They look good to me. Is there any slack in the travle with the bottom shock bolt removed. My work have 1.5" more travle than stock and I sag them 30% of the travle in the rear. Be sure to turn the axles and make sure the cv don't bind then remove bottom bolt and lower suspension using hydrulic jack turning the axles untill you fell them bind or the cup retainers bottoming out. This might help set you mind at ease. If you ride weight was is close to the same of who you got them from it's most likely ok. Use you angle finder and log at what angle the hubs are at at with the travle fully unloaded and then remove the shock and check at normial hide height and then at full compression. Measure the shock shaft lenght to get you close for the full compression stroke. Try to remember how the buggies rear tires look when there travle is unloaded. I do like the all the new parts,Nice

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 8:41 pm 

By the way did you adjust the drive shaft lenght prior to tighting the axle bands and also did you tighten up the control arm bolts befor installing shock. Both of this can add tention and not relax suspion travle. I loosen up the control arm bolts the set ride height then tighten backup. torgue contorl arms ( radius rods)at 47 ft lb useing new nuts and adjust axle lenght to 18" back of cup to back of cup then tighten axle bands this will help keep from tearing one when the travle is at full extension (unloaded) and allow the cv to slide back and forth in the cup without excessive tension on one or the other.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 6:23 pm 

adnoh wrote:
By the way did you adjust the drive shaft lenght prior to tighting the axle bands and also did you tighten up the control arm bolts befor installing shock. Both of this can add tention and not relax suspion travle. I loosen up the control arm bolts the set ride height then tighten backup. torgue contorl arms ( radius rods)at 47 ft lb useing new nuts and adjust axle lenght to 18" back of cup to back of cup then tighten axle bands this will help keep from tearing one when the travle is at full extension (unloaded) and allow the cv to slide back and forth in the cup without excessive tension on one or the other.

I did indeed have the control arms bolts tightened down prior to installing the shocks-and I did not adjust the axles or the bands prior to install, I set them as per the manual after cleaning and repacking them. 18 is that standard for the axles?Also-I had the shocks built to my specs from WORKS and had them installed on my last Pilot with no issues, binding, etc so I'll loosen the control arm bolts and reset the shocks in place.In regards to the question of excess travel, no-I had to actaully push the bearing carrier down to get the shock to slide into the mount, there may have been excess travel in it but with the bolts and nuts tightened already I can't be sure.I havent measured them eyelid to eyelid but from looks they appear to be longer than stock for sure.I'll run out and measure them now.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 6:29 pm 

length eyelid to eyelid stock shock 20 3/16
WORKS eyelid to eyelid 20 3/16-20 1/4
I took the shock out to measure it.

Heres a picture of the carb and intake installed, got it finally after using Hoser tech page info-

Attachments:
File comment: air box, lid, seals, and intake tube all new from SERVICE
NJ Pilot carb.jpg
NJ Pilot carb.jpg [ 143.47 KiB | Viewed 12770 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next