Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:11 pm 

Glad to see it coming together and running.

Looking in the pic it looks like one side of the shoes are worn alot more than the other side?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:31 pm 

G'Day Greg, nice job congrats! :-)
Just a small thing I noticed,Pic #10,and could eventually become safety issue, is that your top gold spring is installed the wrong way, with the middle straight section, should be offset to the outside (away from the brake cylinder) so as to avoid rubbing,contact...Cheers Baz

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:23 pm 

hoser wrote:
Glad to see it coming together and running.

Looking in the pic it looks like one side of the shoes are worn alot more than the other side?

Yes Hoser, they were worn uneven.The drum was also effected by this, I could turn them on the brake machine at work I think to try and bring it back to a rounder surface area for the new shoes.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:19 pm 

Got the front plastics on today as well as the rims and tires, took some time to align the front tub and fenders but it came out perfect.I also buttoned up again the front end alignment,installed the new belt guard, cleaned an installed all new bolts fot the tub and fenders, and again heat cycled the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )).Heres a few pictures:
I am awaiting again another SERVICE HONDA order for silly stuff like labels, 5mm spring clips for the plastics, but this ride should be done in the coming weeks, I am still debating weather to order stock rims for it or go aftermarket, I have to say I really like the stockers!!

Attachments:
File comment: New headlight bezels and grill gaurds as well
Pilot front plastics 001.jpg
Pilot front plastics 001.jpg [ 146.4 KiB | Viewed 12236 times ]
File comment: Look from the front with plastics installed
Pilot front plastics 002.jpg
Pilot front plastics 002.jpg [ 142.24 KiB | Viewed 12236 times ]
File comment: New belt gaurd installed
Pilot front plastics 003.jpg
Pilot front plastics 003.jpg [ 148.14 KiB | Viewed 12236 times ]
File comment: New ATVR front bumper mounted, bolts went right into the holes, my bar repair worked quite well on this!
Pilot front plastics 004.jpg
Pilot front plastics 004.jpg [ 150.97 KiB | Viewed 12236 times ]
File comment: Look from rear with rims and tires on, these are stock but in poor shape.
Pilot front plastics 005.jpg
Pilot front plastics 005.jpg [ 156.01 KiB | Viewed 12236 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:58 pm 

Mudbogger wrote:
Got the front plastics on today as well as the rims and tires, took some time to align the front tub and fenders but it came out perfect.I also buttoned up again the front end alignment,installed the new belt guard, cleaned an installed all new bolts fot the tub and fenders, and again heat cycled the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )).Heres a few pictures:
I am awaiting again another SERVICE HONDA order for silly stuff like labels, 5mm spring clips for the plastics, but this ride should be done in the coming weeks, I am still debating weather to order stock rims for it or go aftermarket, I have to say I really like the stockers!!

What are the rear tires?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:25 pm 

Stock Ohatsu on stock rims-the beads are in poor shape on both inner and outer, the paint is poor as well, they may be bent also, looks like 1 took a good hit for sure.I'll take pictures for you as well.
Service Honda order was placed over the net so I'm waiting for that currently.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:53 pm 

Mudbogger wrote:
Stock Ohatsu on stock rims-the beads are in poor shape on both inner and outer, the paint is poor as well, they may be bent also, looks like 1 took a good hit for sure.I'll take pictures for you as well.
Service Honda order was placed over the net so I'm waiting for that currently.

Those are not stock rear tires on the rims in the pic above.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:26 pm 

hmmm-let me look again, mabye got them mixed up with the 250r 1's?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:32 am 

I did get them messed up Hoser sorry.I got the new side panels,rear fenders ,new hardware for the nuts and bolts to install as well today from Service Honda so I will install them.All that's needed in the Pilot is some new rubber hoses for the rad overflow, decals, and jetting, and rims and tires, I really like the stockers but there condition isnt good-any ideas by chance?I am very unhappy with my exhaust specifly the silencer, it fits like crap and the expansion to silencer seals is poor, I did install seal(high heat silicone) on there but it still isnt good enought for me.What options do I have here for silencers, I do not go to Glamis, etc where decible levels are an issue, although I would not rule out a ride there in future years to come.Any help is gretly apprec here for this. I got the right side plastics on tonight, but ran out of bolts for the plastioc and I just can't piut myself to installing the old rusty ones after everything I have done to it.Heres some pictures of the parts I got that where installed last night minus the side panels and rear fenders.

Attachments:
File comment: New rubbers mats for floor tub,old 1's were even in when purchased.
Pilot plastics hardwareparts 002.jpg
Pilot plastics hardwareparts 002.jpg [ 147.84 KiB | Viewed 11904 times ]
File comment: New steering column cover,I have the old 1 if someone is looking
Pilot plastics hardwareparts 003.jpg
Pilot plastics hardwareparts 003.jpg [ 155.86 KiB | Viewed 11904 times ]
File comment: New side roll cage reflectors with rubbers even guys!!
Pilot plastics hardwareparts 004.jpg
Pilot plastics hardwareparts 004.jpg [ 146.5 KiB | Viewed 11904 times ]
File comment: Bolts for palstics with speed nuts, etc.I ran out of them though!!
Pilot plastics hardwareparts 001.jpg
Pilot plastics hardwareparts 001.jpg [ 143.87 KiB | Viewed 11904 times ]
File comment: I love clean fresh new parts, alot of decals here.
Pilot plastics hardwareparts 005.jpg
Pilot plastics hardwareparts 005.jpg [ 147.96 KiB | Viewed 11904 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:14 am 

Got the Pilot down off the workhorses last night, it still needs rims and tires which I am currently trying to locate, other than that a spare overflow tube,decals for the plastics and frame (since it was powdercoated) and a dual air inlet system and she is ready for riding, jetting.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:43 pm 

Pilot project is done, all the plastics are on-decals too, I am just in need of packing material for the silencer,4 nuts for the roof lid and tires for my beadlock OMF'S that I have had for years(bought them on group buy back in the day)and this is a wrap-I'll take some pictures in the light tomorrow for you.I apprec all the ehlp on this I will post jetting and air filter set-ups in the coming days as well as suspension tuning.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:49 pm 

Had issues with the old silencer so I bought a new ATVR 18" inch silncer recieved it on Saturday and installed it today, the old silencer needed repacking and I didnt like the looks it has cosmecticly so I opted for new-I did repack the old 1 and will svae for future Pilots.
I noticed immediately the boost at low end with this silencer, I read on the back of the packing material bag and it gave instructions on how to wrap for which performance advantages-I went for low end torque as I personally due alot of trail riding here in the North East-but the new gave me immediate results right out of the box, anybody else ever have a chance to repack there silncers and what feedback do you have???
This Pilot again is all done except for rims and tires, I have them but currently need to acquire the correct tires for the beadlocks-thanks again to everybody for helping me with this Project-I will post in future weeks jetting isssues and air inlets if I so elect to do any.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:28 am 

Heres some pictures of the new silencer-I accessed Hosers home page for installation tips with this silencer as I remember back in the day issues with them sealing-proper flow as well.I installed and used my dremel on my silencer as it had the same flow issues on the exit as in Hosers tech pages.
Heres some pictures of it installed as well as my new safety harnesses I had made by CROW Enterprises(I recommend them highly, very customer oriented company)and some stock OEM hand restraints I ordered from SERVICE HONDA:

Attachments:
File comment: Rear look at new silencer
ATVR Silencer on Project Pilot 002.jpg
ATVR Silencer on Project Pilot 002.jpg [ 153.05 KiB | Viewed 12189 times ]
File comment: left side look at bracket install-you'll notice the thin bead of high temp silicone on the matching surfaces-a MUST!!
ATVR Silencer on Project Pilot 003.jpg
ATVR Silencer on Project Pilot 003.jpg [ 145.16 KiB | Viewed 12189 times ]
File comment: I applied a liberal ammount on these mating surfaces as this is always a troubled seal.
ATVR Silencer on Project Pilot 004.jpg
ATVR Silencer on Project Pilot 004.jpg [ 141.71 KiB | Viewed 12189 times ]
File comment: Look from top-comes close to the airbox huh?
ATVR Silencer on Project Pilot 005.jpg
ATVR Silencer on Project Pilot 005.jpg [ 158.88 KiB | Viewed 12189 times ]
File comment: New CROW ENTERPRISES 4 POINT harness, I had the shoulder straps sewn in for my height.
ATVR Silencer on Project Pilot 001.jpg
ATVR Silencer on Project Pilot 001.jpg [ 150.4 KiB | Viewed 12189 times ]
File comment: Hey Hoser-how that for a stocked 1 car garage huh?Nice fresh 250r in the back ready to go in the woods!!
ATVR Silencer on Project Pilot 007.jpg
ATVR Silencer on Project Pilot 007.jpg [ 151 KiB | Viewed 12189 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:50 am 

Still currently looking for tires to mount on my OMF beadlocks I bought years ago from Ludedude on 1 of his group sells I am confused on the "joggle" sizes on themn, and since I do not have any idea on what tires have the correct joggles I am dead in ther water on this 1-any ides please PM me or post them here-I am totally at a loss on this.
I ran the Pilot and tryed to jet it correctly, it is still rich on the top end I may leave it that way-rather foul a plug out the smoke a jug for sure. -::

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:24 pm 

Mudbogger wrote:
Still currently looking for tires to mount on my OMF beadlocks I bought years ago from Ludedude on 1 of his group sells I am confused on the "joggle" sizes on themn, and since I do not have any idea on what tires have the correct joggles I am dead in ther water on this 1-any ides please PM me or post them here-I am totally at a loss on this.
I ran the Pilot and tryed to jet it correctly, it is still rich on the top end I may leave it that way-rather foul a plug out the smoke a jug for sure. -::

I thought morebeer and Mike had the joggle thing all figured out?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:57 pm 

More had posted that he used the Mudlites but they were blowing off the rim he said, Mike I havent talked too.It is hard to order the tire via the Joggle size from places like rocky mtn, etc they just do not have that specific tire dimension in the computer.I contacted OMF via there webpage so I'll see what I can do.I guess everybody else that ordered these are in darksideville so I'm kinda screwed here.I want to use these as they have been sitting here for like 4 years and tjis ride is perfect for them.Any help is greatly appreciated in this.

I wonder if I can mic the joggle myself on the rim and try to measure some tires myself for fitting issues?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:47 pm 

Here goes another stupid question??? wtf is a joggle???

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:06 am 

Turbotexas wrote:

Its like a juggle only you use rubber tires....

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:27 am 

hoser wrote:
Turbotexas wrote:

Juggle like a circus juggler???

Or something to do with rotate the tires???

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:41 am 

Turbotexas wrote:
hoser wrote:
Turbotexas wrote:

Juggle like a circus juggler???

Or something to do with rotate the tires???

http://pilotodyssey.com/PO/viewtopi ... ght=joggle

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:55 pm 

OK So When I get around to getting douglas beadlocks I'll only worry about the 2 ply sand tires fitting. I see why the guys up north like the mudlites... I wouldn't need them though

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:46 pm 

I have heard via the email that Holeshots xcr's will match the Joggle size I will investigate with RCKY MTN atv tomorrow to pick there brains on this, they have alwasy helped me.I'll check the Holeshot webpage too.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:36 pm 

I have been extremely happy w/ my holeshots... I will replace them with same when they are worn out... They are a six ply, and heavy but have survived my abuse in the deserts...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:37 pm 

rears...

Attachments:
Web barstowtest004.jpg
Web barstowtest004.jpg [ 55.76 KiB | Viewed 12202 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:56 pm 

Got this today from a OMF rep-I gave him all the diameters of the rims I purchased from lude, and heres what he had to say after looking over the information I provided to him:

Subject: OMF Beadlock Joggle...

Hey Mud,
I am really sorry about not getting back to you sooner about this. Just about any tire should fit that beadlock without issue. Some of the thicker bead bundles out there will flex the ring a bit, and some of the thinner ones might not flex it at all, but that shouldn't make a difference for what you are doing. Have you had trouble in the past? Is there a particular tire you wanted to run? Let me know and we will try to work through any issues you are having. Again, I am very sorry about getting back to you so late.

Bones

Daraugh "Bones" Flynn
OMF Performance Products
9860 Indiana Ave., Unit #17
Riverside, CA 92503
Phone - (951) 354-8272
Fax - (951) 354-8599

Nice to see customer service working for the people , not for profit against them.I wanted to post the number for all who bought these rims and tires, they (OMF) HAVE BEEN nothing short of fantastic with me in asking all of my questions.I highly recommend speaking to them if needed-Bones epsecially.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next