Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:28 pm 

I'm thinkin 2 milk crates. Wire tie them together. It's plastic, wouldn't be as heavy as wood and stronger than cardboard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:42 pm 

And maybe put the crate inside a larger carboard box lined with styrofoam to give a crush zone around the crate. Heavy stuff like that I always double box it to give a buffer zone around the goods. I'm still surprised they tore up that wood crate. It took some serious abuse to do that.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:17 pm 

http://pilotodyssey.com/PO/viewtopic.php?t=495

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:29 pm 

After some consideration, I think the wood crate will stay here, I'll pack the Engine in cardboard using Hosers posting above as a template, I have the necessary boxes and foam padding here-I'll buy the home spray foam and apply that after wrapping the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) in the plastic garbage bag-and hope for the best-it has to be less than the 112 pounds it was with the wood crate-it is funny, I ship my 350 motors to Ed at Triple EEE in a wood crate and never had any type problems, but that box is just makeshift, mabye I put too much thought into the shipping huh?

Welder left message tonight, need piece of 1 inch OD tubing for replacement on frame after the rad relocation, need to purchase that for him tomorrow so I can schedule appointment for sandblasting and powdercoating of the frame-YUP-I am gonna do it, priced me at 300 bucks(personal favor-used work as a tool to get discount, can't lie to you guys)I am going to have some other parts for sale as well, since I decided to go with powdercoating-see the for sale thread on it.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:14 pm 

Project has stalled for a spell here-parts on order-frame is at welders still-will post as soon as I get it back.
motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) finally got to Hosers house, hopefully alls well with that, haven't heard anything yet-so that's a good sign already!!!!.All the brackets from the frame including hubs went out to the powdercoater yesterday-expect them back in a week or 2 tops,frame is still at welders, he is currently trying to fix the lower tube that's bent for me, thanks to Bill for sending up the handy tool for that BTW.Trans seals are installed,all new parts are here too.
Had to buy a used but in very good shape Knuckle from Nick(thanks to him BTW as well)and that too will go out for powdercaoting to match the new left side that I able to purchase from SERVCIE HONDA.
cv's BOOT AND CLAMPS havent arrived yet -when they do I'll repack and clean them-until then I am trying to finish up the 350 restore job, it is in final stages and hopefully that will be good to go, it needs brakes bleed, LED brake light installed, fenders and decals, and the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) needs to be heat cycled and jetted accordingly, and front end need to be checked for alignment too, but it's all little stuff-I'll post pictures on that when it's completed as well.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:12 pm 

Frame has been completed for the rad relocation, and new SERVCIE HONDA order came in today.yipeee---
Sent most of the parts off the frame to powdercoater, steering column as well as backing plates.
I will need to arrange for frame to go as well, will post on that when time comes.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:35 pm 

Mudbogger wrote:
Frame has been completed for the rad relocation, and new SERVCIE HONDA order came in today.yipeee---
Sent most of the parts off the frame to powdercoater, steering column as well as backing plates.
I will need to arrange for frame to go as well, will post on that when time comes.

I'll hopefully have the frame here tomorrow to post pics of the rad relocation and front tube reapir, he did an excellent job(IMO).The frame needs about 2 hrs to remove all the remaining brackets, brakes- etc off it then off to the powdercoater as well.

Worked on 350 today, lost my gosh darn manual somewhere, cant bleed the brakes till I find it, I need the specs of the cable adjustment on the master before bleeding.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:27 pm 

Got the frame back today heres some pictures of the rad relocation and front tube repair.I used a piece of 3/4 black pipe from Home Depot to replace what I cut out on the main frame, the OD of that pipe is like 1 1/8 fits dam good-cheap as well 2' section just $5.00!!

Attachments:
NJ pilot rad relocframe repair 001.jpg
NJ pilot rad relocframe repair 001.jpg [ 137.84 KiB | Viewed 14100 times ]
NJ pilot rad relocframe repair 002.jpg
NJ pilot rad relocframe repair 002.jpg [ 152.38 KiB | Viewed 14100 times ]
NJ pilot rad relocframe repair 003.jpg
NJ pilot rad relocframe repair 003.jpg [ 149.85 KiB | Viewed 14100 times ]
NJ pilot rad relocframe repair 003.jpg
NJ pilot rad relocframe repair 003.jpg [ 149.85 KiB | Viewed 14100 times ]
NJ pilot rad relocframe repair 004.jpg
NJ pilot rad relocframe repair 004.jpg [ 145.49 KiB | Viewed 14100 times ]
NJ pilot rad relocframe repair 005.jpg
NJ pilot rad relocframe repair 005.jpg [ 155.44 KiB | Viewed 14100 times ]
NJ pilot rad relocframe repair 006.jpg
NJ pilot rad relocframe repair 006.jpg [ 147.92 KiB | Viewed 14100 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:58 am 

Looking good, any before pics on the frame repair?

No weld radiator relocate
http://pilotodyssey.com/PO/viewtopic.php?t=2239

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:05 pm 

I do here they are for you-

Attachments:
File comment: heres the tube before repairs-
New Pilot 041.jpg
New Pilot 041.jpg [ 156.12 KiB | Viewed 14053 times ]
File comment: The new tube after repairs
NJ pilot rad relocframe repair 005.jpg
NJ pilot rad relocframe repair 005.jpg [ 155.44 KiB | Viewed 14053 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:02 pm 

Mudbogger wrote:
There are some here in this thread I believe Hoser-on page 2 it shows the damage on the tube.I'll post them again in a bit, Im not home currently.

Ok yeah I found it thanks...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:07 pm 

Update:
The parts for the frame are in from powdercoating, they are as follows:
steering column
2 rear hubs
CDI (Capacitor Discharge Ignition) bracket
battery box
rear brake caliper mount
2 backing plates
front fender brackets
rear fender brackets
Headnet frame
seat frame
I have 2 other items that need to be done as well, 1 is the rear knuckle that I purchased from Nick Pena, it needs to be done in the HONDA GREY, and the other is a 350 item for my restoration job, all the other brackets and assecories for the Pilot I have purchased new, so I'll leave them that color.motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) is at Hosers under construction, and the main frame isnt scheduled to go to powdercoating for another week or so due to the holiday-so that's just sitting presently.
Got my final SERVICE HONDA order came in, lots of little plastics clamps, rubber line mounts for the frame,etc that mount to the frame , I am now totally done with orders for this Pilot to date-we should be good for assembly when powdercoating is done on frame.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:52 pm 

Got motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) back from Hoser today-came back with no damage as Hoser packs them quite well,rear knuckle also came back from powdercoater too, looks dam close to stock he did great job.Frame still sitting in garage, powdercoater locally has been screwing me around so I am looking into others here and in in nearby areas-cleaned and retaped the wire harness-thats been about it for this project to date-I have been working on the 350 job, that's just about done other than cosmestics-I'll post pictures when its done.
Thanks to Hoser again for the great work on my motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )), it is always a pleasure.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:34 pm 

Mudbogger wrote:
Got motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) back from Hoser today-came back with no damage as Hoser packs them quite well,rear knuckle also came back from powdercoater too, looks dam close to stock he did great job.Frame still sitting in garage, powdercoater locally has been screwing me around so I am looking into others here and in in nearby areas-cleaned and retaped the wire harness-thats been about it for this project to date-I have been working on the 350 job, that's just about done other than cosmestics-I'll post pictures when its done.
Thanks to Hoser again for the great work on my motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )), it is always a pleasure.

Glad to see your making progress cant wait to see the finished product.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:45 pm 

Sent all the nuts and bolts for the entire frame out to powdercoater today-wasnt going to do it but thought otherwise-
I have been toying with the idea of a LT kit for the front since the frame is stripped down presently - it would be perfect time to buy it from ATVR since there really isnt any other place to buy the arms-let alone a whole kit-I wouldn't buy Liewires kit if he gave it to me, I do not believe in his products and would rather pay 3 grand for a proven kit than some back yard SHADE TREE MECHANIC UNTESTED UNPROVEN KIT!!All his kit is to me is unused 350 odyssey arms and hardware-with a bracket added, that's not my cup of tea and to be honest it really isnt that much cheaper than ATVR'S which has been tested, ridden and used by many guys for years-IMO.
I also have a ATVR heat shield kit which I think as well I will install on this ride, it probably isnt necessary but I have the dam thing for years and figure why not-it cant hurt.The radiator for this Pilot has been sent over to my local rad shop for a good cleaning and flow test, it came back yesterday in great shape with a good flow ratio, so we are good to go there.The motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) and trans are in my basement on the bench staying warm till there inpending installation, and that's pretty much been it for the project.I am still trying to actively find a new powdercoater locally that can do my frame, but have been sidetracked by other family related commitments and my health has been a slight issue as well recently-(that's a real shock huh-lol).I'll keep you all up to speed on the Project as time, etc permits

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:41 pm 

Frame is going to powdercoater on Wednesday on this week finally,although I got double pheaumonia again so I'll be looking at for some time after it returns-:(
Oh well-live goes on-LOL
I'll post pics when the frame gets here.
Also, decided against a front LT kit,to many reason to list but the main 1 was that here in NJ the trails are very tight,I personally do alot of trail riding here and in PA with them boys and a LT kit may just be a hinderance to me, so I'll opt out of it for this Pilot-PLUS the 3 grand can be used for my 350x atc projects as well as my 4th 350 odyssey restore I plan on doing.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: shocks
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:55 pm 

I use a good set of work shock for my stock travle pilot wich make a big difference. I looked at long travle also for woods ridding the pilot was tight as it is. however the new shocks soaked up the g-outs with out sending it sky ward in the rear and improved the corning by 100% they allowed me to drive in harder and get on it sooner. I order two set and the ones I like the best where dual rate in front and triple rate in the rear with rezzys. I set up the pre load a little stiff in the front and saged the rear as far as i could with out roll tendesy and better bite with out getting loose while cornoring. Some comp dampering adjustment would help in the rear with that. The next set I order will have comp adjustment on them So I can dial the rear in a little better for the woods verses the dunes. front and rears cost me aroound $900.00 a set of four.

Post subject: Re: shocks
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:07 pm 

adnoh wrote:
I use a good set of work shock for my stock travle pilot wich make a big difference. I looked at long travle also for woods ridding the pilot was tight as it is. however the new shocks soaked up the g-outs with out sending it sky ward in the rear and improved the corning by 100% they allowed me to drive in harder and get on it sooner. I order two set and the ones I like the best where dual rate in front and triple rate in the rear with rezzys. I set up the pre load a little stiff in the front and saged the rear as far as i could with out roll tendesy and better bite with out getting loose while cornoring. Some comp dampering adjustment would help in the rear with that. The next set I order will have comp adjustment on them So I can dial the rear in a little better for the woods verses the dunes. front and rears cost me aroound $900.00 a set of four.

thanks for the imput, that's helps put my mind at ease that I made the right call.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:04 pm 

For Hoser-heres what I have been working on since the frame went to the powdercoaters, more pictures?

Attachments:
85 250R 023.jpg
85 250R 023.jpg [ 149.74 KiB | Viewed 14058 times ]
85 250R 024.jpg
85 250R 024.jpg [ 148.92 KiB | Viewed 14058 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:36 pm 

what is the name of that color? looks good. It will look real nice with the white plastic.you leaving the j arms like that,one gold one silver? how did you get that tranny looking so clean?Is apperant that you put alot of time and effor into your projects.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:23 pm 

That is a good looking color!!! Who made your nerf bars???

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:41 pm 

brocklee1976 wrote:
what is the name of that color? looks good. It will look real nice with the white plastic.you leaving the j arms like that,one gold one silver? how did you get that tranny looking so clean?Is apperant that you put alot of time and effor into your projects.

Nope- they will be painted silver like the others, they are just dry fitted, it is a Krlon spray paint color on the arms, everything else has been powdercoated a "chrome" powder.Other than the cltuch faces, I cleaned the trans with a degreaser-then polished with wheel, dremel, and anything I could use in the hard to get areas including a toothbrush of all things.I do not remember the name of the color but I'll get it for you, I purchased the frame powdercoated that color -I think a member here VFRPILOT actually did the colors on it.I do put a substaincail amount of time and energy into my project just like all the guys here-LOL

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:42 pm 

Turbotexas wrote:
That is a good looking color!!! Who made your nerf bars???

Triple EEE made them, or AFTERTHOUGHT -probably him.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:28 pm 

UPDATE:4/15/07

Got frame back from powdercoater, did excellent job-matched the color to a "T" from a front tube I gave to him.I am so pleased by the job I sent him alot of other work as well.Brought the frame home, put it on stands and began the re-assembly.I first rethreaded all the holes in the frame, although the powdercoater plugged every hole with rubber plugs there still was aliitle overcoat on them.I then scrubbed the wire harness with a toothbrush for 4 hrs to get it clean-then rewrapped it(see pics).I then sanded down every bolt that I had powdercoated as well so they would slide easily through their mounts(I had almost every nut and bolt coated for this-dunno why just did it)I installed the harness, rear upper and lower arms, rear hubs with new seals and bearings,battery box,all new rubber grommets,new motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) mounts,tach from MASSODY,rear brake caliper harness.After installing new seals in the trans I also installed that as well.I prefer for some un known reason the look of a weathered motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) trans-can't explain it I just do so that why I don't polish them up like others do-

I also tonight 4/16/07 installed the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) in the frame.The motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) is a fresh rebuild from Hoser(thank you LITESPEED as well)with new jug, piston rings and is on stock bore.I hope to as well install the cage with front and rear downtubes tonight as well.I havent gotten to the rear right side due to my neglect to remember that the upper arms are DISCONTINUED so I had to send my old 1 to the powdercoater to get done-that and the front 2 spindles are currently on there way to him, should be back in week or so.I will start the front end assembly hopefuly in the coming days as well as the steering column, that's coming back from powder tomorrow.

Attachments:
File comment: Nice glossy finish to the frame-very happy!
Nj pilot project 003.jpg
Nj pilot project 003.jpg [ 146.4 KiB | Viewed 13999 times ]
File comment: Harness all washed up, terminals cleaned
Nj pilot project 001.jpg
Nj pilot project 001.jpg [ 155.98 KiB | Viewed 13999 times ]
File comment: Remember what this looked like before?
Nj pilot project 005.jpg
Nj pilot project 005.jpg [ 147.65 KiB | Viewed 13999 times ]
File comment: Rear brake line, cleaned as well as the new clips all the way down the frame-took hrs to clean this!!
Nj pilot project 007.jpg
Nj pilot project 007.jpg [ 151.08 KiB | Viewed 13999 times ]
File comment: Front end with harness installed-no steering column though :(
Nj pilot project 008.jpg
Nj pilot project 008.jpg [ 143.3 KiB | Viewed 13999 times ]
File comment: New arms for rear-sweet!
Nj pilot project 013.jpg
Nj pilot project 013.jpg [ 143.71 KiB | Viewed 13999 times ]
File comment: Left suspensions all new, seals bearings, the works!!
Nj pilot project 014.jpg
Nj pilot project 014.jpg [ 140.19 KiB | Viewed 13999 times ]
File comment: Right side same thing all the way around.
Nj pilot project 017.jpg
Nj pilot project 017.jpg [ 152.54 KiB | Viewed 13999 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:35 pm 

More pictures:

Attachments:
File comment: Before picture-oh man!!
New Pilot 044.jpg
New Pilot 044.jpg [ 146.01 KiB | Viewed 13983 times ]
File comment: Look at the tach that Mass fixed with HONDALINE BRACKET installed
Nj pilot project 012.jpg
Nj pilot project 012.jpg [ 147.29 KiB | Viewed 13983 times ]
File comment: rear suspension picture
Nj pilot project 015.jpg
Nj pilot project 015.jpg [ 146.78 KiB | Viewed 13983 times ]
File comment: rear look of the Pilot
Nj pilot project 018.jpg
Nj pilot project 018.jpg [ 152.76 KiB | Viewed 13983 times ]
File comment: suspension looking nice and clean-trailer queen for sure!!LOL!!
Nj pilot project 016.jpg
Nj pilot project 016.jpg [ 148.97 KiB | Viewed 13983 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next