Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...


PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png PilotOdyssey.com V2.0   
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 7:49 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:31 pm
Posts: 5523
Location: New Jersey
Just picked this 86 250r ATC up from Mike's place today-big thanks to Stoneman for lining this ride up for me.It has a spare motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) that is totally wiped out but the extras alone on the rear suspension make up for it.The swinger, axle, rear shock alone are worth the purchase price. I installed the rear tires and rims as the ones that came with it were a joke-the plastics are all going to be replaced-the rear carrier bearings are shot, motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) won't run currently-looks like the coil has issues.It is missing the front headlight totally,but I can rehab this thing just fine.Carb, reed cage all look stock.Here is some pictures:


Attachments:
IMG00301-20100529-1657.jpg
IMG00301-20100529-1657.jpg [ 665.91 KiB | Viewed 1762 times ]
File comment: plastics were totaled,I took seat off and threw them out as soon as I got home!
IMG00300-20100529-1657.jpg
IMG00300-20100529-1657.jpg [ 752.27 KiB | Viewed 1761 times ]
File comment: motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) does not run currently, might need a plug or coil, checked it out alittle bit yesterday-need a comp check today.
IMG00302-20100529-1657.jpg
IMG00302-20100529-1657.jpg [ 707.58 KiB | Viewed 1761 times ]
File comment: west coast extended swinger, these things are hard to find!
IMG00303-20100529-1657.jpg
IMG00303-20100529-1657.jpg [ 643.23 KiB | Viewed 1761 times ]
File comment: pipe is a Paul turner atc type 6 one of the best for my riding style
IMG00304-20100529-1657.jpg
IMG00304-20100529-1657.jpg [ 746.09 KiB | Viewed 1762 times ]
File comment: rear view, carrier is stock, need to replace with a RAD or double row carrier in there.
IMG00305-20100529-1658.jpg
IMG00305-20100529-1658.jpg [ 655.53 KiB | Viewed 1761 times ]
Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 8:00 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:13 am
Posts: 3421
Location: PERTH WESTERN AUSTRALIA
Nice score Greg. :-)
The rear sprocket and chain look toast tho.Look at the wear on those teeth.
Like waves curlin' in before they shore/ break! ...Baz


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 8:33 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2003 2:40 pm
Posts: 22129
Location: Chicago
Can you swap ignition parts with your other one to test? Most the weak spark problems I have seen were bad connections.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 8:45 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:31 pm
Posts: 5523
Location: New Jersey
bugeye59 wrote:
Nice score Greg. :-)
The rear sprocket and chain look toast tho.Look at the wear on those teeth.
Like waves curlin' in before they shore/ break! ...Baz


oh for sure, it will all be replaced-I started the ROCKY MTN order last night!


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 8:49 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:31 pm
Posts: 5523
Location: New Jersey
hoser wrote:
Can you swap ignition parts with your other one to test? Most the weak spark problems I have seen were bad connections.


Oh yes-I got spares for most of the ignition parts, so it will be replaced or I'll ohm test it with the meter.I got plastics from another machine(WIGGINS RIDE) that will be installed and I'll get new for his ride-chain, sprockets, etc all new.The motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) is gonna be CSI'D to see if it gone or not ASAP, or as soon as the TECATE is jetted right.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 10:50 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2003 2:45 pm
Posts: 877
the Engine started everytime on the second kick here :shock:
i rode it down the street and it was eye watering fast :shock:
we did run thru 2 hrs of hard rain on the way to gncc?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 6:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:31 pm
Posts: 5523
Location: New Jersey
Plug cap was off the plug,and I did not like the gas,drained it, will CSI more tomorrow hopefully.Need to do the basics on it first-drain fluids, etc, and simple checks on it.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 7:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:31 pm
Posts: 5523
Location: New Jersey
holy cow batman, looked up some prices tonight-the side case alone is big money;

CRANKCASE ASSY., R.
196594-001 Enter 0-99 $384.45

:
CRANKCASE ASSY., L.
Fr_Sr_No_To 2502532
196598-001 Enter 0-99 $392.35

that's from BIKE BANDIT.COM I could not get onto the SERVICE site.Does anybody know of the the trx 86 model year cases are the same by chanceI can rebuild the complete bottom end soup to nuts for those prices!!


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 7:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2003 2:40 pm
Posts: 22129
Location: Chicago
Mudbogger wrote:
holy cow batman, looked up some prices tonight-the side case alone is big money;

CRANKCASE ASSY., R.
196594-001 Enter 0-99 $384.45

:
CRANKCASE ASSY., L.
Fr_Sr_No_To 2502532
196598-001 Enter 0-99 $392.35

that's from BIKE BANDIT.COM I could not get onto the SERVICE site.Does anybody know of the the trx 86 model year cases are the same by chanceI can rebuild the complete bottom end soup to nuts for those prices!!


You need that take out new bottom end you had...


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 8:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:31 pm
Posts: 5523
Location: New Jersey
hoser wrote:
Mudbogger wrote:
holy cow batman, looked up some prices tonight-the side case alone is big money;

CRANKCASE ASSY., R.
196594-001 Enter 0-99 $384.45

:
CRANKCASE ASSY., L.
Fr_Sr_No_To 2502532
196598-001 Enter 0-99 $392.35

that's from BIKE BANDIT.COM I could not get onto the SERVICE site.Does anybody know of the the trx 86 model year cases are the same by chanceI can rebuild the complete bottom end soup to nuts for those prices!!


You need that take out new bottom end you had...


I have 1 but it is a 85-I would prefer to keep it all 86-I could take the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) out that's in there and send that one instead---------


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 7:42 am 
Online

Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:14 pm
Posts: 1422
Location: Ma
Congrats trike Master
are you going to start your own trike nostalgia raceway?
Can you put the 310 kit in that
Regards


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 9:30 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:31 pm
Posts: 5523
Location: New Jersey
I can install a Big bore kit yup, but won't.It got plenty of power already!!
Got it to run this morning, was a plug and coil issue-did not check compression as of yet, changed the oil, drained the antifreeze and put new in it, installed new UNI-FILTER, little stuff like that.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 9:31 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2003 2:40 pm
Posts: 22129
Location: Chicago
Mudbogger wrote:
hoser wrote:
Mudbogger wrote:
holy cow batman, looked up some prices tonight-the side case alone is big money;

CRANKCASE ASSY., R.
196594-001 Enter 0-99 $384.45

:
CRANKCASE ASSY., L.
Fr_Sr_No_To 2502532
196598-001 Enter 0-99 $392.35

that's from BIKE BANDIT.COM I could not get onto the SERVICE site.Does anybody know of the the trx 86 model year cases are the same by chanceI can rebuild the complete bottom end soup to nuts for those prices!!


You need that take out new bottom end you had...


I have 1 but it is a 85-I would prefer to keep it all 86-I could take the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) out that's in there and send that one instead---------


I think the difference between the 85 and the 86 was the color of the paint of the Engine?


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 4:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:31 pm
Posts: 5523
Location: New Jersey
basicly yes-the 86 had the upgraded clutch, and the gears are slightly different as well, small differences between them.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 5:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2003 2:45 pm
Posts: 877
Mudbogger wrote:
I can install a Big bore kit yup, but won't.It got plenty of power already!!
Got it to run this morning, was a plug and coil issue-did not check compression as of yet, changed the oil, drained the antifreeze and put new in it, installed new UNI-FILTER, little stuff like that.


I bet one of the jokers at the gncc pulled the plug cap off or it fell off mikes trailer and he forgot to tell you.
I told you that thing flys! :-)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 5:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:31 pm
Posts: 5523
Location: New Jersey
It was off Stoneman, but I was lucky and checked it first before I proceeded on the CSI. I had no time today to go on with anything really, had to work for some hrs-emergency thingy for the boss- hpoing to get more involved with it during the week.
I'll post the compression, air leak test, etc when I get them here-more to come!!


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:01 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:40 am
Posts: 346
Location: Australia
bugeye59 wrote:
Nice score Greg. :-)
The rear sprocket and chain look toast tho.Look at the wear on those teeth.
Like waves curlin' in before they shore/ break! ...Baz


Nothing wrong with that set , they are only half way through their life :shock:
















Just turn them around and go again :-)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:33 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:31 pm
Posts: 5523
Location: New Jersey
Have not had anytime to check into this ride at all.Hopefully soon.I ordered some items for it, sprockets/chains,air filter,grips, handlebars,new controls, fork seals,fork boots, seat,and a DESERT tank from Clarke.I will order more for the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) if needed.Air leak test and compression check results coming soon.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:20 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:00 am
Posts: 81
Location: UK
TRX and 85 ATC cases are discon only the left hand 86 case is still available right hand case gone too.......also the only 85/86 difference is the color on the cases the gears didn't change until 87....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:14 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:31 pm
Posts: 5523
Location: New Jersey
Thanks, I need the left side case for my 86 motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )). I want a 86 case to match the OEM 86 look, I have a 85 motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) in the ride now, nbut being so anal I really want the 86 colored motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) in it- you would be amazed as to prospective buyers when they loolk at the atc, they immediately see a black cased motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) and tell you that the atc is a 85 - or that the atc is not worth the asking price due to the 85 motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) instead of a 86! They do not have a clue. But, as I said it hurts resale for some stupid reason.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:21 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2003 2:40 pm
Posts: 22129
Location: Chicago
Mudbogger wrote:
Thanks, I need the left side case for my 86 motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )). I want a 86 case to match the OEM 86 look, I have a 85 motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) in the ride now, nbut being so anal I really want the 86 colored motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) in it- you would be amazed as to prospective buyers when they loolk at the atc, they immediately see a black cased motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) and tell you that the atc is a 85 - or that the atc is not worth the asking price due to the 85 motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) instead of a 86! They do not have a clue. But, as I said it hurts resale for some stupid reason.


Buy the paint from Honda and paint the cases.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:31 pm
Posts: 5523
Location: New Jersey
Hoser, any updates on the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) by chance? :-)

Ordered new plastics, sprockets,chain,rear carrier bearings, front headlight bezel and light, OEM switch,handlebars, tires and rims,new carb,air filter,and of coarse the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) is getting a CSI from Hoser.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:31 pm
Posts: 5523
Location: New Jersey
Got some time today to check out the ride.First, got no spark, fuel is crap, air filter is done,expansion chamber is damaged,wire harness is cut by the headlight,chain and gears all bad-cold compression is 190 fully opened throttle,a ton of "shade tree mechanic" stuff on this ride-fork seals bad,rear bearings need replacing as well.I had a pretty new set of plastics I had off WIGGINS old 250r ride, so I installed them on it.I stripped the exhaust, all the fluids, rear swinger,kicker,gear shifter for replacement with OEM parts.I will be ripping into it more this week.

Ordered a new FMF fatty full exhaust system, I will be using that for another ride I have and transferring the exhaust it has which is a Paul Turner ATC TYPE 6 full exhaust on this ride.I will be looking forward to getting into the rear swinger on this as it has a WEST COAST +4 on it with a stock carrier.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:23 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:31 pm
Posts: 5523
Location: New Jersey
ServICE Honda order came in today,lots of nuts, bolts, OEM rubbers,headlights,bezels,etc for this project.I am actually installing these new parts on WIGGINS ride and using the parts off that ride on this,currently the ride has no spark and I cannot locate the issue.I am leaning toward a bad on/off switch(hopefully).


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:31 pm
Posts: 5523
Location: New Jersey
got the ride running today, drained fluids and changed them all,the crankcase had ATF in it-did a quick ride around the yard-installed a used handlebar control,new seat, all new seals for the pipe WITH SPRINGS,alot of smaller stuff.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Registered users: Bing [Bot], canadian oddy, Daniel77, DC, FloridaEdd, GAPILOT, go oddy, Google [Bot], jknarfal, Q, Randman, rarerat, rmesser, scpilot66, stix, toby, Wild rose odyssey


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group