Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:54 pm 

bullnerd wrote:
don't want to derail,but wheres Turbo been?I miss his race stories.

I hope he comes here soon and looks at the thread-mabye he can explain some issues we have found.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:39 pm 

Ace wrote:
Thanks Mudbogger, I did read those posts awhile ago, I was
Just wondering if their were any other areas like suspention
Mounts and such that I should look out for.....
Thanks joe

I added small angle iron under the eye hole of the $750.00 shocks after the first trip to the desert and found gouges in the body where the long bold goes thru!
see the thread I have on this

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:48 pm 

bullnerd wrote:

After the Last time I rode these bundles of joy/aggrivation I parked them! Came home from a weekend ride with redskinman and fr1c and discovered the Engine mount CRACKED AGAIN ON THE TRIPLE eee I JUST HAD ENOUGH!
I just walked away!
I do miss the racing but after adding up what I had spent on just MY Racing... from about July 2009 to mid 2011 I had gone thru 30k!
This doesnt include pickups rv anything of my sons MX racing or golf cart or yellow quad... this was all after he quit... wow i was upset with myself....
but I still had fun!!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:10 pm 

Mudbogger wrote:
bullnerd wrote:

I hope he comes here soon and looks at the thread-mabye he can explain some issues we have found.

The "rusted" lawyer links were from not being used... You can see the liniar scratching where these links have had many a sand scratch put to them! All the desert miles this Ody has seen and been documented here and on you tube this could be expected. Might even be a "wear item" that chucklenuts at aftershot motorspurts should be selling replacements for! Who was the cracker from Tennessee that was soo in love with this kit??? had 2-3 alias's on here??? He had a GROOVED lawyer link he was soo proud of PLEASE don't use that! Nothing but a place for pepples to get lodged into! One of them Yankee college boys stated earlier in this thread that these lawyer links were in the "frame" and wouldn't get bent... Sorry maybe on the cute littl groomed track they tested this crap on it might be "protected" but in the real world of desert riding it can and will happen!
I was under the impression Mud was having a welder fabricator change out the lawyer links to something like cowboys old ride? Not sure about that!
Fuel line and filter etc...
When I got the badass motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) back from Hoser I pulled the 39mm keihen pwk off of the Pilt and rejetted it for the PPE! I have it documented on here somewhere when I was putting it back together! Ask 1frc how well this thing ran! We had a ride day in Marble Falls where his pilot saw my rear end often thru the day! miggt have been his good deed letting me use the oem wheels and rubber he had as I had a flat that day! I liked them so much I bought some from stix in OKC!
the carb that was with the ody was one I traded the guy from NC that wound up with all those briggs ody motors.... ed somethin or other... never got "installed" on the ody because I didn't have the chock conversion kit for a mikuni!
I was waiting to just get a keihen and not have to mess with all that! I am prety sure I discussed this in the for sale thread because I had 2 different prices! One price of 2750 like we agreed to as is with the carb not being installed/jetted... the higher price was for me to buy a kiehan from atv racing and have it shipped to me and them install it! I will try to find the thread for the jeting!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:12 pm 

redskinman wrote:
bullnerd wrote:

I think he's just lurking nowadays,i don't know why.You cant miss him on facebook,I think that's where he spends all his time :-)

YES I am a Facebook whore! LMAO it just occupies my mid and is easy to just turn off when I am done! Unlike this addicting site lol

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:18 pm 

search.php?keywords=ppe+carb+jetting&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:33 am 

Good to hear from you Turbo!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:55 am 

afastcar wrote:
Good to hear from you Turbo!!!!!

You were going to hear from me this evening! I'm headed to Chandler with a load! I have a box with your name on it!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:00 pm 

Thanks for the explanation Turbo, it is appreciated.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:14 am 

Cleaned up the 39mm PWK carb off mudboggeres LT Pilot installed a 168 main 55 slow speed jet, EGJ needle with the clip all the way to the bottom groove air screw 1-1/2 turns out .

Installed on the Engine put 3 gallons fresh gas mix in the tank prefilled the carb with gas choked it Engine fired right up, let it idle a few minutes idle was real low turned up the idle screw to bring up the idle then took it for a ride around the yard after about 5 laps I decided to take it down the field and open it up made it about 1/2 mile from the house and it shredded the belt.

I should have known better I had seen a string from the belt hanging down the day before and totally forgot to further inspect it, walked back to the house got the tractor towed the 350 back to the shop.

Will install spare belt then take it for another ride maybe later today if it warms up.

Front shocks felt really soft to me.

Steering was really heavy and hard to steer compared to a Pilot will try airing up the front tires more before the next ride.

Attachments:
DSC01637.JPG
DSC01637.JPG [ 77.18 KiB | Viewed 2041 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:51 am 

front shocks are adjustable! they worked great on the woops imo
bad belt? I might have some in rv

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:13 pm 

Powerbloc :shock: clutch I see there? Did not know it had 1 installed. Nice deal!
The lawyer links rust up again by chance Hoser?
Engine has low hrs on it from what Turbo told me-should run great!
I remember Turbo had them shock all re valved for the desert, the rocks were a killer if memory serves me-----
What size tire in front, maybe a taller thinner tire would be best for that suspension? I have noticed over the years the wider combo's in rims tires make a slow steering feeling.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:20 pm 

Mudbogger wrote:
Powerbloc :shock: clutch I see there? Did not know it had 1 installed. Nice deal!
The lawyer links rust up again by chance Hoser?
Engine has low hrs on it from what Turbo told me-should run great!
I remember Turbo had them shock all re valved for the desert, the rocks were a killer if memory serves me-----
What size tire in front, maybe a taller thinner tire would be best for that suspension? I have noticed over the years the wider combo's in rims tires make a slow steering feeling.

Put some oem rims on it and you'll see the difference in the steering before you change anything!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:29 pm 

Will do so when it arrives here. Need to paint them white though.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:33 pm 

Mudbogger wrote:
Will do so when it arrives here. Need to paint them white though.

Powder coat!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:54 pm 

I am all about the spray can these days sir-How dare you! :-)

I'll trailer queen it in a year or 2 and then go down town with the powder coat.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:25 pm 

Mudbogger wrote:
I'll trailer queen it in a year or 2 and then go down town with the powder coat.

that odyssey doesnt know the words "trailer queen". it may run away if you start treating it like that :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:55 pm 

do we have a lost and found section here?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:58 pm 

Mudbogger wrote:
do we have a lost and found section here?

may need to start one. start putting pictures of runaway odys and pilots on bottles of 2 stroke oil.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:27 pm 

Ok installed the spare belt that was in the Odyssey the belt looks like its new?

I put 15 psi in front tires took it for another ride steering still heavy IMO I would not want to fight it all the time I will stick to the setup I am using on my Pilot :-)

Ran it around for a while seems to run really good.

Looking at the afterthought motorspurts front suspension I know if I was going to make something like it for myself I would move the inboard mount points for the a arms in at least 1" looks like you could actually get them in 1.5" and maybe even 2" more on each side, this would make the front of the Odyssey 2 to 4" narrower than it is now, if you wanted more travel you could simply make the arms 1-2" longer on each side depending on how much you moved the a arm mount points inboard this would give you even MORE usable suspension travel I would dump the "lawyer link" steering debacle and replace it with a drag link steering like found on millions of automobiles world wide.

Over all I think the Odyssey will be a great daily driver it just needs a little TLC the brakes front and back work but feel stiff to actuate I have no experience with 350 brakes so am not 100% sure maybe its normal?

This Odyssey was well used to could use a fresh coat of paint and some general pimping up.

Attachments:
DSC01668.JPG
DSC01668.JPG [ 102.54 KiB | Viewed 1990 times ]
DSC01670.JPG
DSC01670.JPG [ 107.29 KiB | Viewed 1990 times ]
DSC01671.JPG
DSC01671.JPG [ 84.76 KiB | Viewed 1990 times ]
DSC01673.JPG
DSC01673.JPG [ 94.28 KiB | Viewed 1990 times ]
DSC01676.JPG
DSC01676.JPG [ 75.65 KiB | Viewed 1990 times ]
DSC01677.JPG
DSC01677.JPG [ 108.31 KiB | Viewed 1990 times ]
DSC01678.JPG
DSC01678.JPG [ 75.72 KiB | Viewed 1990 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:21 pm 

Will try another set of tires and rims on that front end. The ody brakes do give a feeling that differs from a Pilot due to the cables.I'll bleed fresh fluid in it when it gets here.
Any compression readings by chance Hoser? :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:42 pm 

Purchased a set of OEM rims and tires off Nelly.
PPE scheduled to arrive tomorrow night here at my compound, looking forward to it!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:03 pm 

Mudbogger wrote:
Purchased a set of OEM rims and tires off Nelly.
PPE scheduled to arrive tomorrow night here at my compound, looking forward to it!!

Turn the gas on the valve is located right at the tank its a little red lever, pull up the manual choke turn on the key hit the starter, runs rich at idle so soon as it fires turn off choke.

That choke valve is a new valve that came with one of my new 39mm carbs I was going to have you pull it and ship back but I will just take the one that came off the new 39mm carb you had shipped here??? Keep forgetting to ask Turbotexas about the original cable 350 choke thingie so you can go back to the cable.

Not much gas in the tank maybe 1 gallon?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:42 pm 

Correct like a gallon. Saw the valve after I started it up, was wondering why the idle was high, then I got it, hah!
Thing started right up, it is like 65 here today so it was rich at idle. Lights on it are not working, wires all over the place will need to trace and clean that up. I threw away the Safety neck harness(with a mouse in it as well)and started a slight list of to do's. Needs some TLC and a good day or 2 to clean, drain and re-fill fluids, bleed brakes, and trace and get all the light working on it.
Also top #1 is getting a new floor tub in it, this thing currently is pretty banged up. For me I want to put a good used 1 in it.
#2 COMPRESSION CHECK, AIR LEAK TEST, DRAIN and re-fill fluids, pressure test rad, grease front end, check the hiems which had rusted up, axles are new so they good,clean air filters and also fab brackets for the K&N PRE-FILTERS AS WELL.
#3 INSTALL new front rims and tires, stock OEM preferred,it does not turn worth a shit pushing( I know wtf? but it sucks) the tires now on it are way wider and are for sure hampering the steering. Rears are good to go.
#4 CHECK FRONT AND REAR bearings, adjust brakes in front as well. The throw on the brake levers seems to be a touch off, I'll pull the steering cover and check the arms to see if the dots are lined up. I usually in past years went 1 tooth over worked well for me.
#5 WIRING-it is in my opinion not to par for the way I do things. Not bashing Turbo, just I do stuff in a little different manner. The front stock OEM lights are not working, brake light, strobe and top roof lid lights are all not operational. The in line fuses are all dry rotted, 2 fell apart right in my hand tonight. It will take some time but it needs to be freshened up.

Just a few items. I am very happy so far with my purchase and look forward to more updates and CSI on this ride in the weeks to come.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:53 pm 

Mouse? A live one?

I never noticed a mouse nest in the neck collar...

The 350 was setting in my trailer the past few weeks I better set a trap inside just to make sure their are none still in the trailer, had traps set in the MH no mice their never thought about the trailer grrrr

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next