Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:35 pm 

Mubogger bought TurboTexas old 350 that has the POS aftershockmotorspurts,con long travel front suspension "kit" the original 2700.00 "kit" being installed by TurboTexas can be read here http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=3267

From the very first second I seen pictures of his first prototype myself and many others told Steve Bishop (Professional Liar) that this idea would not work and would be problems, its simple basic common sense.

Many times we have been proven right over the years his setup has locked up on its owners including TurboTexas.

When I went to pick up the 350 from Turbos house we discovered the steering was locked up, now I have it here at my place and apart I can show you what the problem is, its exactly what we told liewire from DAY ONE its exactly what TurboTexas had pointed out shortly after he bought this kit, the stainless steel parts that was included in the kit RUSTED whilst it was setting in storage so the steering is locked up!

Liewire is trying to use a hiem joint for a linear Bearing, show me another application or design that used a hiem joint for a linear Bearing their is none simply because its a BAD IDEA!

Search the web for linear Bearing plenty right ways to do this.

Where are all those liewire lovers today with their garage queens or trailer queens that are never used to tell us how good this kit is? Maybe if they ever used theirs they would then understand the problems with the RUSTING and the galling that happens when you rub metal to metal, the tie rods on this "kit" look like a piston that seized in the cylinder on a Engine haha.

Anyways here are the pictures, TurboTexas and or Mudbogger I need links to the history of this "kit" if you have them please.

Anybody following the saga of this POS suspension kit will remember TurboTexas pointed out that the "stainless" parts LIEwire sent with this POS kit were stainless, see how they have rusted to the point where the steering will NOT work and its locked up tight haha, Here is where TurboTexas points out the LIES http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=3267

Yeah we told you so Steve Bishop (Professional Liar) AKA livewire better known as LIEwire because of all the LIES he has told and tells.

I am going to take this junk apart put the shafts in my lathe and sand them down so it will slide again then put it back together so the steering will work long enough we can get this 350 to Mudbogger's then he can change the design, this is NOT A FIX or a REPAIR if anybody drives this 350 in this condition and the steering locks up AND IT WILL its your problem!

See all the galling on the shaft from the metal to metal, no matter how often you lube this or what lube you use dirt and sand just gets between the metal and galls the metals.

Attachments:
DSC01388.JPG
DSC01388.JPG [ 70.34 KiB | Viewed 11790 times ]
DSC01389.JPG
DSC01389.JPG [ 63.44 KiB | Viewed 11790 times ]
DSC01390.JPG
DSC01390.JPG [ 70.77 KiB | Viewed 11790 times ]
DSC01392.JPG
DSC01392.JPG [ 74.21 KiB | Viewed 11790 times ]
DSC01396.JPG
DSC01396.JPG [ 70.77 KiB | Viewed 11790 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:52 pm 

WOW! I'm far from a tech guy but it's obvious even to me that is a terrible ideal. How did he not foresee that being an issue?! Worse yet, apparently it was brought to his attention and he still left it. Certainly he changed the design a few customers bought them, no?

I've heard lots over the years about his poor designs but this one really takes the cake!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:24 pm 

Asaszn wrote:
WOW! I'm far from a tech guy but it's obvious even to me that is a terrible ideal. How did he not foresee that being an issue?! Worse yet, apparently it was brought to his attention and he still left it. Certainly he changed the design a few customers bought them, no?

I've heard lots over the years about his poor designs but this one really takes the cake!

When he made the first prototype and posted pics on my old site his pictures did not show this setup the pictures were taken at angles to hide the stupid, finally after me repeatedly demanding pictures of the whole steering setup someone other than him posted pics showing what he was trying to hide, at that time myself and many others told him this had to change, it was a poor design, it was dangerous, it would eventually lock up if not from dirt, water, mud etc. getting between the two sliding surfaces that are close tolerance then it would lock up soon as a rock hit the shaft and dented it.

We have been proven RIGHT many times.

Soon after TurboTexas took ownership of this "kit" he noticed the rusting problem, people who use these machines cant keep up with rust we all know this.

Far as I know after people having this "kit" lock up on them many times this dumbass design has never been changed.

You don't need to be Einstein or a mechanical genius to see their is serious flaw with the design.

Back in the early days of PilotOdyssey.com Steve Bishop (Professional Liar) and I were friends, use to talk daily in the chat room and on the board, went on a bunch of riding trips with him and others, camped together then he started his business shit and selling unsafe defective products using my website as a sales tool, he never would stand behind his products he always expected the customer to pay for his mistakes, refused to make things right, was caught in countless lies, he was caught in so many lies others named him "Liewire", we are no longer friends, he is no longer allowed to participate on my website.

In my option the guy is a piece of shit.

Its no secret I hate him but not without reason look at this bumper he sold a friend of mine then refused to acknowledge their was a problem and never fixed the problems. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9epoTz5p ... playnext=1

Many times over the years his minions has accused me of staging that video, that is Pilothawk working the bumper their we other creditable witnesses present when the video was made, it was not staged.

The Pilot bumper is being moved by Stoneman, many creditable witnesses were present when that video was made also.

You don't have to stage or fake the defects and problems with his products or designs.

You like him I am happy for you, you want to buy his shit go for it its your money its your life.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:00 pm 

Oh man, that mis-use of a heim does suck. I also hate that lower shock mount. I've bought some other stuff off them without issue, but this LT kit sucks!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:07 pm 

I wonder if they can be coated with a processed material to avoid the rusting???

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:42 pm 

Mudbogger wrote:
I wonder if they can be coated with a processed material to avoid the rusting???

they make ones with a nylon ball which would cure that. However without knowing the load factors, it might not be reasonable.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:53 pm 

Even if you were to coat them with somthing or use a set of nylon ones, what happens when a rock hits the bar and bends or or puts a big dent in it like hoser said? Reguardless if it was coated with somthing or a nylon heim it would lock up the steering, no? Or it at least wouldn't let it move passed that point

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:46 am 

nitrosport_5 wrote:
Even if you were to coat them with somthing or use a set of nylon ones, what happens when a rock hits the bar and bends or or puts a big dent in it like hoser said? Reguardless if it was coated with somthing or a nylon heim it would lock up the steering, no? Or it at least wouldn't let it move passed that point

good point - I suppose then it becomes a trade-off analysis - the probability of occurrence given an individual's particular riding style versus cost.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:48 am 

Kyler wrote:
they make ones with a nylon ball which would cure that. However without knowing the load factors, it might not be reasonable.

That is what I was thinking. I have a 3/4" nylon spherical bearing supporting my steering wheel shaft that is holding up very well. There is more load in this application but I still think it would work.

nitrosport_5 wrote:

That is very unlikely, almost impossible, as these rods are inside the frame. The tie rod that sticks out of the frame could still bend but in that case your steering will get messed up anyway. As long as the rod can always slide then you don't have to worry about the steering randomly locking up like you do now.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:00 pm 

Mudbogger wrote:

Take the "lawyer links" off throw them away fabricate a system like ATV Racing used on the Pilot this is the same setup and basic design that is found on millions of automobile steering systems world wide, trying to 'reinvent the wheel' didnt work time to move on quit trying to polish the turd.

More than one person has devised a system for the Pilot that does not require you to butcher up the plastic tub on the Pilot like the ATV Racing system does I think one even came up with a no weld solution, adnoh maybe? Someone refresh me here.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:11 pm 

DMoneyAllstar wrote:
Oh man, that mis-use of a heim does suck. I also hate that lower shock mount. I've bought some other stuff off them without issue, but this LT kit sucks!!

His LT kit was mostly their all he had to do was take user/owner/observer input and use that data to improve his design, some people call it 'round table meetings' some call it collaboration some call it brain storming, problem is he is/was 100% resistant to any input, refused to admit their was issues, we all knew/know he don't do this for a living he was a software computer guy we all expected their to be problems, we were all excited to see he had a interest in bringing us products and services, shame he turned out to be so thick headed and ignorant.

He refused to deliver what the customer wanted, blamed the customers for all the problems and issues heck more than once he was blaming his wife for problems with the products, don't know about you but the last thing I would ever do was throw my wife to the dogs and blame her in front of the whole world, even if she did do something wrong I would gladly take the blame since it was my company and she was working under my direction.

My main concern has always been the safety many of his products has safety issues he has no concern for safety so is not allowed to be here :shock:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:29 pm 

Links for information:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ujknrmctg8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6GMV8it ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1J2uvjKh ... er&list=UL

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:10 pm 

Found it Hoser:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3267&start=0

pretty detailed tread on that front end and the issues Turbo had.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:27 pm 

look out for anything sold or fabricated by chucklenuts at aftershot motorspurts and you'll be fine!

Hoser, should I send out the shipper to pick this up do you need the room? I would love to send them for both at the same time but I do not wish to cramp the shop with all my stuff!!
I would also ask if you would ride the thing and give the masses a detailed CSI on the performance of the kit. I do understand this is basically asking you to take your life in the hands of a LT kit built by smurfs in MI but I think it could really help newbie and such into understanding the products out for sale and what not to buy and what i a good upgrade.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:16 am 

Mudbogger wrote:
look out for anything sold or fabricated by chucklenuts at aftershot motorspurts and you'll be fine!

Hoser, should I send out the shipper to pick this up do you need the room? I would love to send them for both at the same time but I do not wish to cramp the shop with all my stuff!!
I would also ask if you would ride the thing and give the masses a detailed CSI on the performance of the kit. I do understand this is basically asking you to take your life in the hands of a LT kit built by smurfs in MI but I think it could really help newbie and such into understanding the products out for sale and what not to buy and what i a good upgrade.

Yes I want to take the legendary PPE for a ride before it leaves here just need a nice dry day.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:21 am 

hoser wrote:
Mudbogger wrote:

Yes I want to take the legendary PPE for a ride before it leaves here just need a nice dry day.

Sweet deal, thanks. I think having you ride that 350 will really help in a CSI of it, personal experiences with the kit will only help the masses here at the POOA.Can you take some pictures of that ride when you ride it please? I never got any from Turbo and I am curious as to the rims and tires and associated other items it has on it currently. If you need to rejet it or anything needs to be adjusted, fixed please do it if you have time!!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:42 pm 

Hoser any updated pictures of this ride by chance? :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:48 am 

Mudbogger wrote:
Hoser any updated pictures of this ride by chance? :-)

Its warmed up now if it don't rain hope to take this thing for a ride this weekend around the hoser compound will get some pics.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:51 am 

Well everything is lining up (time/weather) where I finally have time to check this thing out.

Mixed up 3 gallons of 93 octane Amoco Ultimate and Amsoil 2 stroke.

Battery is charged.

Noticed no gas line from the fuel Tee to the carb, air filter is being washed so it can be oiled reinstalled, carb is disconnected from the air box will need to hook that back up, just in for a quick coffee break will update this later on.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:16 pm 

don't want to derail,but wheres Turbo been?I miss his race stories.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:23 pm 

hoser wrote:
Well everything is lining up (time/weather) where I finally have time to check this thing out.

Battery is charged.

Noticed no gas line from the fuel Tee to the carb, air filter is being washed so it can be oiled reinstalled, carb is disconnected from the air box will need to hook that back up, just in for a quick coffee break will update this later on.

Hoser what carb is on the Engine presently please? Is the dial a jet installed in it as well still?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:42 pm 

bullnerd wrote:

I think he's just lurking nowadays,i don't know why.You cant miss him on facebook,I think that's where he spends all his time :-)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:21 pm 

redskinman wrote:
bullnerd wrote:

I think he's just lurking nowadays,i don't know why.You cant miss him on facebook,I think that's where he spends all his time :-)

I got a few facebook email alerts for turbo never could figure out facebook so they are worthless to me when ever I follow the links to the "message" it never makes any sense never see anything meaningful the more I click around on facebook the more lost I am no comprehensive material to be found, anymore if it says "facebook" I just delete.

Guess I am too stupid for facbook funny thing is I don't miss it at all.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:28 pm 

Mudbogger wrote:
hoser wrote:

Battery is charged.

Hoser what carb is on the Engine presently please? Is the dial a jet installed in it as well still?

Current carb is a Mikuni flat side ID measures almost 40mm on the Engine side assume its a 39mm or 40mm carb.

Check your PM

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:24 pm 

PM replied to sir. Thanks!

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next