Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:09 pm 

91223-VM0-004 OIL SEAL (35X57X9) Says PART OBSOLETE

Seal is part number 18 in pic below.

Google the seal size (35X57X9) you can find something for sale some place on the web..

See this post Pilot trans oil seal source? http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8303

Things you need to know to change this seal, Pilot axle removal http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=454&p=67206

Find a seal source for this seal please share the info here.

Thanks

Attachments:
Pilot trans.JPG
Pilot trans.JPG [ 60.74 KiB | Viewed 6606 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:40 pm 

http://www.colonialseal.com/AS2296.html

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:06 am 

Has anybody ever purchased a seal from colonial by chance? If so what was the outcome please? The metal protection does not matter to me as the axle stub basically prevents anything from getting into the seal area.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:23 pm 

i just ordered 2 from the over seas source mentioned above. after its arrival and installation i will post a result.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:04 pm 

Mudbogger wrote:
Has anybody ever purchased a seal from colonial by chance? If so what was the outcome please? The metal protection does not matter to me as the axle stub basically prevents anything from getting into the seal area.

I ordered 2 from Colonial last year for the right side at 5.07 a piece. So far so good with it being installed and not leaking. I don't foresee having a issue without a medal sheild like you said, due to the axle covering it anyways :-)

-Jason

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 51.67 KiB | Viewed 6485 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 49.64 KiB | Viewed 6485 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:10 pm 

Thank you sir.Ordered 4 myself for stock.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:28 pm 

Mudbogger wrote:
Thank you sir.

No prob :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:31 pm 

Got my 4 seals in, used 1 in my Vroom Pilot trans, will let you all know if we have any issues in the coming months.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:13 pm 

Does anyone have info on the aluminum insert that ATVRACING uses to replace the stock seal so you can use a seal that is more readily available? I ask because I have 2 transmissions that still leak even though I have replaced the seal several times. Both of my 89 and 90 pilots came like this when I bought them:(
Not pleased at all with their idea to replace the discontinued stock seal!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:46 pm 

Pilot bird wrote:
Does anyone have info on the aluminum insert that ATVRACING uses to replace the stock seal so you can use a seal that is more readily available? I ask because I have 2 transmissions that still leak even though I have replaced the seal several times. Both of my 89 and 90 pilots came like this when I bought them:(

Forgot to add some details. The leak never occurs while in use, but only when the pilots sit. The leak is minor, but annoying none the less. I'm sure once the seal and aluminum insert warm up, they expand and that's why the leak doesn't occur while in use.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:11 pm 

Pilot bird wrote:
Pilot bird wrote:

Forgot to add some details. The leak never occurs while in use, but only when the pilots sit. The leak is minor, but annoying none the less. I'm sure once the seal and aluminum insert warm up, they expand and that's why the leak doesn't occur while in use.

Any pictures of the insert?
Maybe the insert needs sealant between the insert and the cases?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:36 pm 

hoser wrote:
Pilot bird wrote:
Pilot bird wrote:

These are old pics that I sent atvr to figure out what was going on. That's how I was able to figure out they added an aluminum insert. Neil informed me that they press in the insert and that no sealant was needed. More and more I'm getting the feeling that sealant is needed to fix this problem. I was hoping that someone else might have had the same issue and see what they did to fix it.
Hoser, did the wolfskill pilot have this insert on the trans?

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 45.25 KiB | Viewed 6268 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 35.8 KiB | Viewed 6268 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:11 pm 

Try a pressure test like we do on the 2 strokes.
Pump it up to 7psi,brush suds on all vital areas, test for leaks while cold.
This way you can check the whole tranny.(settle Nuke!) :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:19 pm 

Pilot bird wrote:
hoser wrote:
Pilot bird wrote:
Pilot bird wrote:

These are old pics that I sent atvr to figure out what was going on. That's how I was able to figure out they added an aluminum insert. Neil informed me that they press in the insert and that no sealant was needed. More and more I'm getting the feeling that sealant is needed to fix this problem. I was hoping that someone else might have had the same issue and see what they did to fix it.

How come the final shaft is not centered in the seal opening?

I will look close at the Wolfskill trans.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:48 pm 

hoser wrote:
Pilot bird wrote:
hoser wrote:
Pilot bird wrote:
Pilot bird wrote:

How come the final shaft is not centered in the seal opening?

I will look close at the Wolfskill trans.

It is just the angle, the final shaft is centered.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:55 am 

ANY SOLUTION??

i nedd this seals!!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:59 am 

galimberti wrote:
ANY SOLUTION??

i nedd this seals!!!

The oem seal is like gold if you can find one! Aftermarket seals can be found, but don't have the metal shield like the oem seal. Are you looking for only oem?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:20 pm 

I bought the one from Colonial seal and its still installed with no issues. search thier website for the dimensions then post the options they have for that size. We can help pick the correct one.

Profile E-mail