Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:53 am 

Hi,

I know you guys buy from Partzilla. I just placed an order with them for some Polaris alignment dowels and was wondering what is the usual wait to get your stuff?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:46 pm 

I ordered the 3 remaining Pilot fenders from them a month or so ago, after about two weeks and no shipment I called and they told me the two rears were discontinued. I had to ask for a refund on the two rears & then it still took them about another week to even ship the Left front and almost another week in transit time. This has been the only time I have ever ordered from them and in the end it was a good transaction, but I think in the future I will just pay a couple dollars more and use Service Honda.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:39 pm 

I expected the rears to be gone soon. There was only a few left when I got mine last year. The left front had about 20 left then.

I have had good luck getting stuff fast from Partzilla on the small parts but sometimes they are like the slow boat from China.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:54 am 

If they have the parts in stock like oil expect a couple days. If they have to get from Honda or a partshouse expect another day or 2 and usually ships from that partshouse, If you order more than one part and they have one in stock and the other they have to get from parts house, the parts house will ship to them then they ship the part in stock and the parts house part together, this will take a little longer than both pprevious scenerios. That has been my experience w Partzilla

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:55 am 

Oh yea their online tracking is crap, never updates once they "project" a shipping day and that day has never been accurate in my case

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:34 pm 

all the fenders are gone now.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:36 pm 

That stinks, I must have got one of the last left fronts as it was just delivered last week.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 9:50 am 

shoubadaba wrote:

I was talking with a friend about the Pilot fenders a week of so ago & I told him I thought they were all discontinued now. He said he still sees the left front for sale on ebay for 179 & thought the left front must still be available.
Anyway for the heck of it I tried to order another left front from Partzilla last week and this morning I got a tracking # on it, it should be here on the 3rd. Better grab em while you still can guys. :-)

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 9:57 am 

rarerat wrote:
shoubadaba wrote:

I was talking with a friend about the Pilot fenders a week of so ago & I told him I thought they were all discontinued now. He said he still sees the left front for sale on ebay for 179 & thought the left front must still be available.
Anyway for the heck of it I tried to order another left front from Partzilla last week and this morning I got a tracking # on it, it should be here on the 3rd. Better grab em while you still can guys. :-)

Cool glad to see some are still in the system, I bought all mine when they had FREE shipping on ALL orders and saved enough money to buy a extra fender :-) One order came on a small semi and was on a pallet, must be cheaper for them to ship that way? I lifted the box off the pallet and told the guy he could keep it if he wanted lol I thought something was funny when they called for directions and asked if I had a dock and a fork truck.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 3:23 pm 

Left front fender showed up and it aint pretty. :( The box looks like it's been to hell & back and there was ZERO packing under the fender so when the box was getting kicked around but the fedex soccer team a portion poked through the box and now has some light road rash. :( I have contacted Partzilla and emailed pics, probably not much they can do since by now they are all likely gone, but I will let you all know what happens..

Attachments:
100_2419.JPG
100_2419.JPG [ 34.74 KiB | Viewed 4207 times ]
100_2420.JPG
100_2420.JPG [ 27.47 KiB | Viewed 4207 times ]
100_2421.JPG
100_2421.JPG [ 40.36 KiB | Viewed 4207 times ]
100_2422.JPG
100_2422.JPG [ 32.46 KiB | Viewed 4207 times ]
100_2423.JPG
100_2423.JPG [ 17.39 KiB | Viewed 4207 times ]

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 3:33 pm 

rarerat wrote:
Left front fender showed up and it aint pretty. :( The box looks like it's been to hell & back and there was ZERO packing under the fender so when the box was getting kicked around but the fedex soccer team a portion poked through the box and now has some light road rash. :( I have contacted Partzilla and emailed pics, probably not much they can do since by now they are all likely gone, but I will let you all know what happens..

WTH 99% of the packages I get from Fedex look like they never were shipped that looks like it was shipped by UPS, look close at the shipping tickers you sure UPS didnt ship it part way lol.

Maybe they will kick back some bux for shipping they should at least refund shipping cost to you.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 3:46 pm 

Yeah it was fedex I have the tracking #. We were gone when it was delivered so I didn't actually see the driver. From the way the box was taped up I am sure the box was sent out that way. The bad thing is there was no packing under the fender so it didn't stand a chance. I have had a fedex account for years and never had any problems until recently. I sold a 200 dollar spot light on ebay and fedex beat it up so bad it broke the handle. I bought shipping through ebay and didn't insure it so it was a 215.00 learning experience for me & I ended up just giving the buyer a full refund and told him to just keep the light, so I didn't have to pay return shipping.

We are all human & I understand sometimes $hit just happens, it just stinks that it has to happen on discontinued parts...

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 5:55 pm 

My little order from them took forever but it did finally show up. I don't think I will be back.

FedEx has lost so much ground in recent years since they have started subcontracting out everything. We regularly get abused packages, delivered by brain dead, non-uniformed driver in a non-lettered rental truck wandering around the property suspiciously.

No longer the tightest ship.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 8:55 am 

Update..

Got this email this morning..

Dear Nick,
I do truly apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.
A return label will be created via email, please print the label and prepare
the part in the original packing. Your return authorization number is..
Bring the part to your local FedEx, and they will take it from
there. A replacement order will be created, please allow a couple of
business for the order to process and ship. If you have any further
questions or suggestions please feel free to contact me directly. Thank you,
and have a great day.

So far they have given great service on this matter, Now I just hope there is still another @ Honda to replace this one. I don't want to give up this fender even though it has a little rash if I cant get another. I think I may just hold off sending it back until I'm 100% sure they have a replacement.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 12:12 pm 

rarerat wrote:
Update..

Got this email this morning..

Dear Nick,
I do truly apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.
A return label will be created via email, please print the label and prepare
the part in the original packing. Your return authorization number is..
Bring the part to your local FedEx, and they will take it from
there. A replacement order will be created, please allow a couple of
business for the order to process and ship. If you have any further
questions or suggestions please feel free to contact me directly. Thank you,
and have a great day.

So far they have given great service on this matter, Now I just hope there is still another @ Honda to replace this one. I don't want to give up this fender even though it has a little rash if I cant get another. I think I may just hold off sending it back until I'm 100% sure they have a replacement.

Yeah I would call them and tell em your not returning until they have another in hand to send to you, even scuffed up you could double your money in a few years :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 8:21 pm 

Update..

I got an email from Partzilla that said they are discontinued & there are no more available from Honda. This afternoon I emailed the manager Chris and asked what the next play would be and he emailed back right away that said they would issue a refund as soon as they received the fender back. I immediately emailed him and said I needed the fender and would keep it, but thought it was not right that I paid full price for a damaged item through no fault of my own & was there anything he could do? After that just, crickets... haven't heard a peep from them as of yet, but my gut instinct tells me they will just tell to send it back or go pound sand.. In this fenders case feel it;s a shared responsibility between the fedex soccer team & partzilla's lack of effort in the shipping department. Had they even cared even a little or had the slightest bit of pride in their job this could have been avoided. :(

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 9:19 am 

final update..

I got this email from Chris this morning..

"Dear Nick,
I have requested the accounts department to refund you 10% of the fender $11.84. Please allow a couple of business days for the transaction to process to your account. If you have any further questions or suggestions please feel free to contact me directly. Thank you, and have a great day."

I think that is more than fair under the circumstances, it basically worked out to be free shipping on the fender. It still sucks that this happened, but like I said a few posts up I know $hit just happens sometimes and I feel they have handled it well.