Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:17 pm 

crb wrote:
All but the LF are on-hand now. Some of the LF will be here in a few days and into stock by the end of the month.

Hate to tell you Hare, but "your guys" weren't getting through to anybody that could do anything in "Distribution in CA" or Japan. Yes, 50 customer/dealer orders is better than nothing in pushing a supplier order through, but there are a lot of other factors in play also.

what is with the mystery?

not sure why your being snide, I don't know who you are but sorry if I offended you. All I have tried to do is help the guys on the board and myself to get a decent deal on fenders. Anyway it sounds like you are the fender authority and in possesion of the fender knowledge we seek, please help us, don't tease or play some game, get us a killer deal or hook us up with someone that can. or maybe even say where your from so maybe some of the guys would order from you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:37 pm 

afastcar wrote:
Mudbogger wrote:
I'll take 3 fronts please as well, who do I pay?
you can just order from Service Honda

I can order from them, but will I get the customary email telling me they are discontinued?
Happens every time with them, espec for fenders-LOL
Has anybody actually ordered and gotten them to date by chance?
Screw it-I will call and speak to a customer service rep from SERVICE tomorrow and get the low down on this for sure-I'll post the results for your viewing pleasure.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:11 pm 

1. Hoser - The LF being discontinued several years ago was an issue over the warning labels. It took several months of negotiating and procedural changes to get the legal approval to re-instate them. The organized ordering campaign had absolutely nothing to do with bringing them back.

The final run is 400 of each fender which should last quite awhile. Making another run is out of the question just for the cost of re-tooling the molds plus several other business conditions.

2. Hare - Not trying to be snide. No mystery, in fact I thought I was helping to clarify a lot of misinformation out there. I am not making killer deals or even trying to sell any fenders. Just trying to get the word out on the real situation and get across that demand isn't everything. A lot of factors come into play.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:32 pm 

A well crafted THANK YOU letter forwarded to the people at Honda might go a long way on obtaining parts in thre future! We have a Member here who might know who to forward this to!!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:14 pm 

Well only 400 left fronts guess we need to stock up

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:51 am 

A quick browsing through everyones online Service Honda orders shows 6 left fronts were ordered today by 3 different people.

One person ordered a crapload of parts including a right rear fender, Mudd that you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:18 am 

crb wrote:
1. Hoser - The LF being discontinued several years ago was an issue over the warning labels. It took several months of negotiating and procedural changes to get the legal approval to re-instate them. The organized ordering campaign had absolutely nothing to do with bringing them back.

The final run is 400 of each fender which should last quite awhile. Making another run is out of the question just for the cost of re-tooling the molds plus several other business conditions.

2. Hare - Not trying to be snide. No mystery, in fact I thought I was helping to clarify a lot of misinformation out there. I am not making killer deals or even trying to sell any fenders. Just trying to get the word out on the real situation and get across that demand isn't everything. A lot of factors come into play.

Thanks for clearing up and misinformation but what would be really helpful is knowing what motivates Honda to make 400 more fenders for a product they have not sold since 1990, you should deal with some of the parts guys I have dealt with over the years, when the computer says "discontinued" conversation over, they want to get off the phone and go back to playing grab ass with their buddy's or go burn one they have NO DESIRE in helping us obtain parts, I wish I had the means to record my phone conversations with these guys so it could be replayed over the internet and hopefully the owners could hear the service they give.

FYI Peter Turhorst (spelling) form American Honda was the guy that gave me all the 'new fender' info back during the first front left fender fiasco, I assumed it was quality info.

How do we get Honda to make another batch of parts for other machines for example crankshafts for the 85-86 ATC-TRX 250R's pistons and rings for the FL350, more rear knuckles for the Pilot I am sure we can draft a long list of discontinued parts people need, I know ordering them so Honda knows their is a interest in parts is one way.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: who the hell is crb
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:41 am 

who the hell is crb? What is the source of you information? Do you own a pilot? Do you enjoy the pilot as a sport and hobby? After reading your posts it doesn't sound like you have the passion for the pilots like most of us do. I searched for posts from crb and noticed this is the only topic you posted for. It seems like you chime in and tell all of us that the large order had no influence on Honda. Do you have any idea how much work these guys put into putting the order together. i think it was a great idea and very well orgainized. i would suggest you either disclose your credentials or stop sticking your finger in our faces and telling us how it is! :-)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:32 am 

-:: ride on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:14 am 

crb wrote:

Sorry i got feeling like you were angry with me, we have had a long history of "mysterious guys" coming in and stirring shit up, its hard to tell the difference sometimes.

i am grateful for you clearing up any mis information I, or anybody, are giving, if my guys arent shooting me straight i want to know. If anything i believe my guys are slackers like most parts jockeys.

Is there any hope on the the other discontinued items? front wheels? rear hubs? trans gaskets?

what can we do to get them?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:12 pm 

Update,

I placed an order for two left fronts today with Service Honda and they say they're on the way, order was processed with no problems (yet). They have already charged me and they have never done that when they couldn't get the parts.

Hare,

There's a company somewhere that makes what they say is the "complete" gasket set, including the trans case gaskets. I didn't purchase one then because Service said they could get it in the complete set and then they could do it with a superceded number AND then said no way..........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:01 pm 

Ody_Stable wrote:
A quick browsing through everyones online Service Honda orders shows 6 left fronts were ordered today by 3 different people.

One person ordered a crapload of parts including a right rear fender, Mudd that you?

YES SIR-IT WAS INDEED-2 full sets for me!!!!!
I would love to have to explain to me how you see that please!!!
They had better not ordered me just 1 rear fender-GRRRRRRR
Can you PM me the order by chance Odystabile ????
They told me at SERVICE the fenders(left fronts) were backordered presently but they expect the release date of the 26th of this month for the left fronts(as per the computer), all the others are available for delivery currently---
I also as Hoser says wish they would make another run of ATC 3 wheeler fenders/parts,specificly the 250r-350x plastics- man oh man I would buy them right up-as would half of the 3 wheeler boards as well.
CRB-thanks for the great information of these fenders-as Hare states we have alot of people that come here and spread the *^% and start rumors which incites the masses-so his posts are warranted but please understand why--

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:07 pm 

I wrote a script to search their recent order database and display orders with specific part numbers.

You can search recent orders another way as well.

When you get their email with a link to your order, click it and then change the order number (in the address line) to the previous numerical order and so on and so on.............

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:19 pm 

Ody_Stable wrote:
I wrote a script to search their recent order database and display orders with specific part numbers.

You can search recent orders another way as well.

When you get their email with a link to your order, click it and then change the order number (in the address line) to the previous numerical order and so on and so on.............

thank you--let me see what I got here--hmmmmmmm dam they havent sent me the email yet---

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:30 pm 

Hoser, sorry to say but the main problem is that by the time you see that a part has been discontinued it is usually far too late to reverse or delay the decision. When a part comes up to be discontinued it is probably because the demand has not been sufficient to support a re-order, materials are no longer available or new molds/dies are needed due to wear, breakage or supplier changes.

The thousands, or hundreds of thousands, of dollars that the new molds/dies cost must be justified by future sales projections. Additionally, production, transportation and warehousing costs must not only be covered but be a business benefit in comparison to all the other parts that could be taking that space.

Order activity while the part is active is what will extend it’s life. Mass orders after a decision is made to discontinue is unlikely to have any effect. Remember that to the people making these decisions, it’s not a fender for your favorite toy, it’s just another of almost a million part numbers that they deal with on a daily basis. BTW, Honda was not motivated to make 400 more fenders; it took personal awareness, intervention and over 7 months.

And to those who worry about my identity and info source, the answer is easy……just don’t believe a word I say. But remember; don’t try to order any fenders because they are discontinued!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:07 am 

like is asked earlier - who the hell is crb?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:20 am 

I am sure..that he would tell you,but then he would have to send the Honda hit squad to kill ya....LOL..all in good clean fun.. -::

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:41 pm 

crb wrote:

Order activity while the part is active is what will extend it’s life. Mass orders after a decision is made to discontinue is unlikely to have any effect. Remember that to the people making these decisions, it’s not a fender for your favorite toy, it’s just another of almost a million part numbers that they deal with on a daily basis. BTW, Honda was not motivated to make 400 more fenders; it took personal awareness, intervention and over 7 months.

And to those who worry about my identity and info source, the answer is easy……just don’t believe a word I say. But remember; don’t try to order any fenders because they are discontinued!

Say what you will but without demand there would be no fenders, no reason to make them and conversely everybody and his brother would be making them if they really sold.

You can tell me that ordering 75 fenders through one dealer at one time, then requesting 50 more isnt a significant demand but i don't believe it. Heck we already took 1/4 of the production run. Of course, like most businesses, theres many things that need to happen to make it go right, with any one thing ruining the project, looks like this one went right.

As for the identity bit whatever do what you need to do. You cared enough to clue us in and Thanks for that and if you had a hand in getting the fenders made a huge THANK YOU !!! THANK YOU !!! you are the man!

Lets go ride

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:41 pm 

AMEN BROTHER!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:11 pm 

Got an email today withe fedex tracking number my fenders are on there way

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:25 pm 

shoubadaba wrote:
Got an email today withe fedex tracking number my fenders are on there way

Same here

Jul 21, 2008 6:05 PM

Arrived at FedEx location

HAMMOND, IN

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:37 pm 

Tracking numbers?

Who sent them to you?

Service has never sent me tracking numbers ever, for any order.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:50 pm 

Ody_Stable wrote:
Tracking numbers?

Who sent them to you?

Service has never sent me tracking numbers ever, for any order.....

Fedex sent the email not service Honda last plastic I ordered they also shipped by fedex and sent a notice.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:58 pm 

Fedex also sent me the email.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:55 pm 

got me email today also...three on the way........

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next