Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fl350 stock front wheels
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:33 am 

Hi guys, I'm looking for the correct offset front wheels for a fl350 Oddy.
Does anyone know of a aftermarket preferably steel wheel with the proper offset to replace my aftermarket aluminum wheels with the wrong offset? While we were at the badlands recently my arms/ wrists are taking a beating because of improper offset especially when I hit a rock or edge of a hill. I'm looking for a good straight set oem without making someone's mortgage payment for them! Input?

Thanks, Randy

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:02 am 

amanda11270 wrote:
Anyone in need of new front wheels I did alot of searching on the internet and found nothing with the same offset as the factory fronts. Until I found this website that cross references ATV wheels, and BINGO Yamaha Timberwolf 250 4x4 front wheels are virtually identical, except they are 6" wide, instead of 5" and they do not have the inspection hole for the brakes. Otherwise they are identical. I bought a set, painted them the exact gold and POW new wheels. Best of all used timberwolf wheels sell for less than $20 each if you search ebay. Mine shipped were $56 total for two, and they are not bent at all. This was a great price and I notice no difference in the handling of the Ody. Im sorta new to this site, as well as owning an Odyssey, and you guys may already know this wheel swap, but just in case I thought I would post it.

I did find this through searching the forum... Has anyone used these wheels? Do they fit better?
Itp15R412?

Randy

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:04 pm 

That wheel (Itp15R412) has a 3+2 offset and is probably what you have on your FL right now. That is the closest offset that ITP or Douglas has and are on the majority of the FL350' and Pilots out there that have aluminum wheels. I can however tell you there is an ATV with a 4+1 offset but I don't know what it came off of. i have a pair mounted on my stock Pilot. They seem to perform ok but I think that the PIlot/FL350 will have some feedback on hardpack regardless of wheel offset but worse with the wrong offset. Ill let you know if I can find out what the 4 + 1 wheels came from.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:03 am 

http://www.mud-throwers.com/atv_wheel_chart

Take a look a this .... And then look at the replacement
Recommendations .... The offset on the new wheels they recommend are not correct
Regards

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:20 pm 

go oddy wrote:
http://www.mud-throwers.com/atv_wheel_chart" ."..

Take a look a this .... And then look at the replacement
Recommendations .... The offset on the new wheels they recommend are not correct
Regards

I think that's because they arent available so that's the next closest rim

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:25 pm 

Does anyone have 1or2 front rims they want to sell?

The constant pulling on the wheel which these
Oversized alum rims does has to stop it hurts like hell the next day!

Randy

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:52 pm 

it may be too pricey but can you cut the centre out and weld it at the correct offset if you come across a steel pair?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:16 pm 

Perhaps the solution you are seeking Grashopper is not in the wheels themselves.

You might want to try a steering dampener.

Randfusious

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:47 pm 

Guys, I bought a pair of timberwolf front wheels and when i get them ill let you know how they fit and handle.

Randy

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:06 pm 

UPDATE.....

These are the pics i took of the 97' yamaha timberwolf 250 2x4 rims i just received from powersportsnation.The rims match up nice even though they are a inch wider than the oem(1"to the inside). The other drawback is the don't have the access hole to inspect/adjust the front shoes, but for $60 shipped for a pair in good shape i couldnt go wrong. I also need to get some oem lugnuts and keep the others for the other wheel if i ever mount sand tires on em. The last pics is the "Douglas Deep Dish Wheels" that were hurting my arms/wrists. I will update again once i mount them and go for a ride, maybe this weekend....??

Randy

Attachments:
IMG_0152.jpg
IMG_0152.jpg [ 30.35 KiB | Viewed 1340 times ]
IMG_0153.jpg
IMG_0153.jpg [ 29.9 KiB | Viewed 1340 times ]
IMG_0154.jpg
IMG_0154.jpg [ 25.57 KiB | Viewed 1340 times ]
IMG_0155.jpg
IMG_0155.jpg [ 33.55 KiB | Viewed 1340 times ]
IMG_0157.jpg
IMG_0157.jpg [ 39.15 KiB | Viewed 1340 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:35 pm 

The aluminum ones do look great but they taco pretty easy to. I'm a sucker for gold wheels so I had no desire to change them. You got a drill bit don't you? Inspection hole solved!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:02 pm 

Ok I had a maiden voyage on the timberwolf frt rims this past sun at the mud pit and what a difference in the steering! No more pulling l or r! Highly recommended if anyone needs new(used) rims!

Randy

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:35 pm 

Randy J. wrote:
Ok I had a maiden voyage on the timberwolf frt rims this past sun at the mud pit and what a difference in the steering! No more pulling l or r! Highly recommended if anyone needs new(used) rims!

Randy

Think of all the fools that bought after market rims with the wrong offset for Pilots and Odysseys over the years then threw away or sold their stock rims.

Priceless!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:38 pm 

Good info thanks for posting

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:50 pm 

Oh yea 1 slight oversight on my part... With the timberwolf wheels the front tires are REALLY SNUG between the wheel wells but does fit in a full size pickup.

Randy

Profile E-mail