Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:40 am 

dbloudharleys wrote:
As far as the pilot goes If stix could post a pic of his off the old 500 I like that design. don't know who made it.

I've got the Pilot part and have sent the RFQ, print & solid model over to the machine shop for a quote. Will be posting updates on the thread in "General BS" until they become a reality & saleable.

Many thanks!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:53 pm 

Brilliant, glad to see these finally made correctly thanks.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131167445560

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:41 pm 

Got my new danifold in the mail yesterday! THANKS DAN!!

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 52.23 KiB | Viewed 4331 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 56.47 KiB | Viewed 4331 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 57.98 KiB | Viewed 4331 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:17 am 

just bought one on evil bay they look very well made

question though is there anything that needs to be done to seal the rubber part to the aluminum?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:13 am 

Jordant wrote:
just bought one on evil bay they look very well made

question though is there anything that needs to be done to seal the rubber part to the aluminum?

No. On the rear (exit) side of the rubber flange, there is a raised ring which is the primary seal to the aluminum surface. Then as you tighten the bolts, the remainder of the rubber flange seals against the angled face. If you're not sold on the sealing method (used by a few decades of snowmobiles), although not necessary, you can always make yourself a flange gasket to match the rubber flange.

Just be sure to use the short bolt on the 10-o'clock hole when using the smaller flange with 60mm bolt spacing. That's why the kit comes with (3) bolts. To summarize...when looking at the manifold as installed on your buggy...

Using the VM34 flange (60mm spread)...the top left bolt is the M8x1.25 x 12 long and the lower right bolt is 16 lg. bolt. The short bolt has a brown tip, and in goes into the hole that is also color coded with a brown dot.

Using the VM36 flange (70mm spread)...the both bolts (lower left & upper right) take the M8x1.25 x 16 lg. bolt.

Except for the first couple that shipped and already arrived to those buyers, there will be a little instruction sheet included.

Attachments:
Bolt_FYI1.jpg
Bolt_FYI1.jpg [ 27.2 KiB | Viewed 4309 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:11 am 

Best price I've seen so far for the Mikuni flanges is on Powersportsuperstore.com

For the M-VM36-200K flange is here: http://www.powersportsuperstore.com/Mikuni-Rubber-Flange-Typical-Carb-Size-36-and-38-p/4135453.htm?CartID=1

And for the M-VM34-200k flange here: http://www.powersportsuperstore.com/Mikuni-Rubber-Flange-Typical-Carb-Size-30-thru-3-p/4459734.htm

Either size, price is $14.24 + $2.95 standard shipping for a total of $17.91.

FYI - even if you bought (10) of them at once to curb shipping, they're still like $15.50-$16 each. Hence, the 'group buy' doesn't yield you much.

:-) (Thank you Randy J.) :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 9:43 am 

Here is the intake after about 1.5 hours of running and riding. Looks great.

Took a pic of the manifold installed (and you can see the lower part of the carb needs to be shoved in about 1.5mm, my bad).

Runs really good with the stock reed cage & 145 main. I believe this may be attributed to the outlet side of the Dan-I-Fold being close in size to the stock reed cage. I could not get the CR250R reeds dialed in though.

Attachments:
IMAG2897.jpg
IMAG2897.jpg [ 38.96 KiB | Viewed 4275 times ]
IMAG2896.jpg
IMAG2896.jpg [ 48 KiB | Viewed 4275 times ]
IMAG2904.jpg
IMAG2904.jpg [ 29.58 KiB | Viewed 4275 times ]
File comment: Future Oddy owner! <3
IMAG2893.jpg
IMAG2893.jpg [ 29.4 KiB | Viewed 4275 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 12:18 pm 

DMoneyAllstar wrote:

Took a pic of the manifold installed (and you can see the lower part of the carb needs to be shoved in about 1.5mm, my bad).

Runs really good with the stock reed cage & 145 main. I believe this may be attributed to the outlet side of the Dan-I-Fold being close in size to the stock reed cage. I could not get the CR250R reeds dialed in though.

Hey keep that kid out of the Odyssey unless your ready and willing to supply them with their own in a few years, that is how it all starts you know :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 10:20 am 

hoser wrote:
DMoneyAllstar wrote:

Hey keep that kid out of the Odyssey unless your ready and willing to supply them with their own in a few years, that is how it all starts you know :-)

My 2 kids and my wife will have their own buggies. The (3) rigs are sitting in my barn waiting for me to get done with tuning buggy #1, planting a garden, and working so damn much. :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:22 am 

The original evilBay listing for these ended, but I still have FL350 intake manifolds.

***NOW SELLING WITH THE RUBBER FLANGE INCLUDED. If you want one, PM me. Price is $104.25 shipped without flange, and $120 shipped with one flange (need to specify flange choice). Evilbay price will be +$20 to cover fees.***

Again, pricing is as follows:

>> Private sale price w/ 1 flange of your choosing: $120 shipped to lower US48.

>> EvilBay price w/ stock flange: $139.99 + $5.50 shipping
>> Evilbay price w/ bigger flange: $144.99 + 5.50 shipping

I've got about a dozen of these left as of right now.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:55 pm 

Still got some FL350 intake kits available. $120 each, shipped.

Will have more 36-39mm carb flanges on hand in a couple days, too. I just cleared powersportsuperstore's shelves again. ;)

Thanks!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:59 pm 

I've got the 36-39mm carb flanges in stock, so complete intakes are once again available for $120 shipped to lower US48. :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:47 am 

***ONLY 6 INTAKES LEFT***

I'm ordering some more stock and 'big carb' flanges today, so will have options on these last 6. I'm buying (4) 32-34mm flanges and (2) 36-39mm flanges.

$120 shipped.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:36 am 

**ONLY 5 INTAKE KITS LEFT.***

I have (3) for the stock replacement units and (2) of the 36-39mm ''big carb'' kits remaining with no plans to have anymore produced.

PO.com price is $120 shipped. EvilBay price is $139.99 + $6 s/h to over fees. I encourage non-eBay transactions to save yourself $26!!

Many thanks,

Dan A.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:42 am 

***I HAVE ONE FL350 INTAKE LEFT***

It is listed on eBay, and includes the 36-39mm carb flange. $120 shipped private sale, or $135.94 shipped on eBay. Paypal only.

This is the very last one I have in stock with no plans to make anymore in the near future.

FYI - It took 6 months to sell 21 of these FL350 intakes (25 were made, and 4 were for me).

Many thanks to everyone and anyone who purchased one! :-) :-)

Dan A.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:43 pm 

:-) :-) SOLD OUT :-) :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:09 pm 

DMoneyAllstar wrote:

Cool, will their be another batch for the FL350 or is the market pretty much saturated now?

Anybody that bought yours also had bought one of the Afterthought motospurts.com manifolds, wondered how they compared ?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:55 pm 

hoser wrote:
DMoneyAllstar wrote:

Cool, will their be another batch for the FL350 or is the market pretty much saturated now?

Anybody that bought yours also had bought one of the Afterthought motospurts.com manifolds, wondered how they compared ?

More of the FL350 or FL400 intakes can be made, for certain. But minimum production run at the machine shop is 10 units, and price does have to increase for smaller orders. But if I had ~5 orders via PO.com, I know I can handle the other 5 through evilBay (just that I HATE HATE HATE handing evilBay free money). Given how fast the FL400 intakes went, I may bring some of those up my priority list. Been focusing on finishing my house projects before my wife has a chance to add more! lol I'm not ready to sit on a pile of FL350 intakes for 6mos again right now, though.

The price on the rubber flanges has gone up from $14.22 to $17.39 + s/h from powersportsuperstore.com. I backordered them twice, so they must've found a different, more pricey supplier with more capacity.

After sitting for 1-2mos, I took my Dan-i-Fold clad FL350 out in the freshly harvested bean field behind my house for a few WOT (Wide Open Throttle) runs. Ran perfect. Perfect idle. EGT temp hit 1200'F one single time instantaneously on a long run where I lugged it a bit, but never really went north of 1150 otherwise. Took the Zilla out, too. Good times. I need to leave work early more often! lol

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:23 pm 

DMoneyAllstar wrote:
hoser wrote:
DMoneyAllstar wrote:

More of the FL350 or FL400 intakes can be made, for certain. But minimum production run at the machine shop is 10 units, and price does have to increase for smaller orders. But if I had ~5 orders via PO.com, I know I can handle the other 5 through evilBay (just that I HATE HATE HATE handing evilBay free money). Given how fast the FL400 intakes went, I may bring some of those up my priority list. Been focusing on finishing my house projects before my wife has a chance to add more! lol I'm not ready to sit on a pile of FL350 intakes for 6mos again right now, though.

The price on the rubber flanges has gone up from $14.22 to $17.39 + s/h from powersportsuperstore.com. I backordered them twice, so they must've found a different, more pricey supplier with more capacity.

After sitting for 1-2mos, I took my Dan-i-Fold clad FL350 out in the freshly harvested bean field behind my house for a few WOT (Wide Open Throttle) runs. Ran perfect. Perfect idle. EGT temp hit 1200'F one single time instantaneously on a long run where I lugged it a bit, but never really went north of 1150 otherwise. Took the Zilla out, too. Good times. I need to leave work early more often! lol

Tell me more about the ebay sales thing its problematic to me that any Pilot or Odyssey owner has not checked, searched or asked HERE FIRST before buying anything, one of the top priorities and original ideas of PilotOdyssey.com was to provide ALL the best info and sources for anything to do with Pilots and Odysseys, if people are not finding it here (anything, parts, services, thoughts, ideas, discussion) then I and other members has failed the system miserably.

Perhaps its time WE double our efforts to improve PilotOdyssey.com so it better meets my and others expectations ALL parts and services should be taking place outside evilbay if not by the use of this site then by the use of other Pilot Odyssey orientated sites, you know the deal we don't need another middle man taking a chunk of our hard earned money, we need to smarten up.

HOW do we capture the people who are searching evilbay for Pilot Odyssey stuff, I know we have a few members here with connections to the advertising industry perhaps they have ideas?

Ebay has its place and is welcomed but it should be the last place required to assist Pilot and Odyssey owners, I feel we can do and offer way more than evilebay offers right here if we could get the word out and educate those that do not know where they should start.

Ideas?

Thanks.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:48 am 

hoser wrote:
DMoneyAllstar wrote:
hoser wrote:
DMoneyAllstar wrote:

Tell me more about the ebay sales thing its problematic to me that any Pilot or Odyssey owner has not checked, searched or asked HERE FIRST before buying anything, one of the top priorities and original ideas of PilotOdyssey.com was to provide ALL the best info and sources for anything to do with Pilots and Odysseys, if people are not finding it here (anything, parts, services, thoughts, ideas, discussion) then I and other members has failed the system miserably.

Perhaps its time WE double our efforts to improve PilotOdyssey.com so it better meets my and others expectations ALL parts and services should be taking place outside evilbay if not by the use of this site then by the use of other Pilot Odyssey orientated sites, you know the deal we don't need another middle man taking a chunk of our hard earned money, we need to smarten up.

HOW do we capture the people who are searching evilbay for Pilot Odyssey stuff, I know we have a few members here with connections to the advertising industry perhaps they have ideas?

Ebay has its place and is welcomed but it should be the last place required to assist Pilot and Odyssey owners, I feel we can do and offer way more than evilebay offers right here if we could get the word out and educate those that do not know where they should start.

Ideas?

Thanks.

HOSER...I just now saw your last post. It would do the Honda buggy world a giant favor by getting the parts out of evilBay. Besides the 12-15% seller/Paypal fees, there is now sales tax on a lot of stuff. I purposely mark stuff up for eBay to cover fees (and then some for the masses), however I reserve a lower price for the PO.com'ers on the private sales. For the intakes, I think I had like a ~$15-$20 mark-up just for evilBay.

The merchandise sale websites don't appear to be all that complicated, but I am also no IT wizard. Require Payment link (CC or Paypal).

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:43 pm 

As of Jan 14, 2015....

> Prices on rubber flanges went up $3.
> USPS cost is up $0.50.
> Manifold costs are based on May 2014 quotations, but raw Al prices are about the same right now as they were then.
> Bolt price is unchanged.

Pricing:
For a lot of (10) parts....ballpark cost for each kit would be $149.50 shipped. I would need to pre-sell at least 6 to pull the trigger.

For a lot of (25) parts....ballpark cost for each kit would be $127.50 shipped. I would need to pre-sell at least 17 to pull the trigger.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:40 pm 

Does anyone have one of these for sale? Please PM me if so

I'd much rather get one of these as opposed to the stock style. Thanks

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:06 am 

Would like to get group together so he can make another run I'm in for 2 anyone else

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:32 am 

Put me on the list for sure.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:44 am 

That's 5, I believe.

ridgerun = 2
xlint89 = 1
svt198 = 1
gotrox = 1

If we can get one more commitment, I will send the machine shop the RFQ and firm up pricing on an order of 10. :-)

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next