Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:05 pm 

consol wrote:
Hoser, any added interest in this?

Is this something you were heading off, or just an information bulletin for us?

If someone needs to run this one up, please step forward - as everyone else steps back :)

Thanks,

Heading this off? I would say just organizing a group buy more than anything else, I had seen a increase in talk about long travel axles for the Honda Pilot, Dave-Co is cutting up the stock axles but it takes 4 stock axles to make one pair of his LT axles, its a great innovative way to recycle the stock axles that would probably never be used but sooner or later he will run out of the stock axles and then need to but LT axles, the ATVR axles has a history of axles failing, I am also now a LT Pilot owner so would like a spare set, so I contacted Marv at 4x4 tuff to see if he will run another batch, personally I rather use his axles since they have proven to be 100% and have never failed, broke, no fitment problems and the diameter is correct so the CV boots seal properly, not to mention the ONLY REASON I need a spare set is because of the shit ATVR sold, they seem to be experts at creating problems then providing solutions to the problems by SELLING YOU SOMETHING and taking more of your money I would love to avoid their stupidity all together if possible :-)

So I contacted Marv about getting more made he said he would need to take pre orders and get commitments of at least 10 sets of axles before he will have another batch made, he would need a $250.00 deposit up front for each set before he had these made, I will assume Marv has reached the age where he no longer wants to tie up thousands of dollars on parts laying around for a limited production 25 year old machine, cant say I blame him. He noted he will need to make 25 sets to keep the price the same.

Right now it looks like the following people are interested in a pair of axles (correct me if I am wrong)
1. cruz_01
2. stix (maybe?)
3. Pilot bird
4. nitrosport_5 (if they are the same length as the Dave-Co axles have to confirm this )
5. Mudbogger
6. consol
7. Brittabrat (if they fit the Dave-Co LT kit)
8. scpilot66
Updated 6-18-14
9.go oddy
10. Mudbogger (one set possibly more)

Anybody else?

How about long travel Pilot owners who just wanted to buy ONE axle as a spare and not two maybe they can team up with another member buy a pair and split them up, if their is interest in just buying one I will contact Marv see if he has a problem just selling one axle at a time so it does not complicate the logistics of buying a pair and the shipping thing...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:06 pm 

I have heard they are the same length as Dave's axles, so going off that I will purchase a set. If someone could confirm that would be great for all of us. After my drakart fiasco I am definitely going to want verification that something will work haha!

17 3/4in

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:34 pm 

Thanks Hoser

I believe everyone is responding based on the $400 per set price point

Is that the price point for us getting 10 sets?

If Marv doesn't want to tackle this, I'm wondering if he would hand off the torch/information

I'm wondering about this group being able to pull this off in another 3-5 years

Any thoughts?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:58 pm 

consol wrote:
Thanks Hoser

I believe everyone is responding based on the $400 per set price point

Is that the price point for us getting 10 sets?

If Marv doesn't want to tackle this, I'm wondering if he would hand off the torch/information

I'm wondering about this group being able to pull this off in another 3-5 years

Any thoughts?

The price for a pair of axles or a 'set' (containing 2 axles lol) is just what it says on his site "FL400 Pilot Long Travel Axles PO11$386.99" http://store.4x4tuff.com/po11.html Marv said to start another batch of axles and to keep that price he would need pre sales of at least 10 sets of axles, if we had interest in 20 sets I would be contacting him asking for a better price to see if he could come down some I bet he could just like anybody else could.

The main reason I wanted Marv to do the axles is he has been 100% in the past, no fitment problems no broken axles, Marv also has a history of making axles in the past with the same success.

This group could pull off a axle buy anytime you would just have to find someone to machine them then hope you picked the right company who will use the correct materials and do the heat treatment properly, I bet Speedchaser could pull it off :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:56 pm 

What do you think the po$tal would be to Perth 6107,Western Australia?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:47 pm 

bugeye59 wrote:
What do you think the po$tal would be to Perth 6107,Western Australia?

That I would not be able to help you with you might try giving Marv a call or use his contact form and ask him about shipping I am willing to bet he has shipped over seas before, http://php.4x4tuff.com/contactus.html

Talk to him on the phone he loves to talk on the phone, ask him about the old days and all the stuff he use to make and sell in the stadium lite racing days, it will make his day.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:49 pm 

I would be in for a set as well. Marv is a great guy.
Regards

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:14 pm 

Does marv put his mark on his axles to tell them apart from others?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:59 pm 

I have 1 spare axle here, I can look but I think it is a ATVR one from my first LT I purchased.
Now I also have a Dave-Co LT pilot under construction at his CA compound, will these axles fit that kit?
I would be interested in spares axles for both!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:58 am 

Looks like marvy Marv is in for the dreaded Bazcall then! Image :shock:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:01 am 

bugeye59 wrote:
Looks like marvy Marv is in for the dreaded Bazcall then! Image :shock:

Don't make him go too crazy baz! We still eventually need to get these axles from him!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:46 am 

Yeh baz take it easy on him
Im still recovering from our last chit chat and that was over 3 months ago LOL
Just taking the piss out of you baz :shock: :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:24 am 

bullnerd wrote:

I have no idea if Marv puts any markings on his or not, are you trying to identify a axle?

Far as I know their is only 3 different axles that has been manufactured for a Pilot the stock axles made by Honda the LT axles ATV Racing had made by sway away and the axles Marv had made, going by memory the axles Marv had made are a larger diameter than the axles ATV Racing sells so the CV boots on the small end of the boot actually fit the axle correctly unlike the axle ATV Racing sells, if your trying to identify an axle I would measure the outside diameter of the axle in the middle then compare with others.

I can measure the OD of the axles on my LT, I think Mudbogger has a LT Pilot that has Marv's LT axles on it, where is the guy that bought Cowboys Pilot he could measure his axles.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:34 am 

hoser wrote:
bullnerd wrote:

I have no idea if Marv puts any markings on his or not, are you trying to identify a axle?

Far as I know their is only 3 different axles that has been manufactured for a Pilot the stock axles made by Honda the LT axles ATV Racing had made by sway away and the axles Marv had made, going by memory the axles Marv had made are a larger diameter than the axles ATV Racing sells so the CV boots on the small end of the boot actually fit the axle correctly unlike the axle ATV Racing sells, if your trying to identify an axle I would measure the outside diameter of the axle in the middle then compare with others.

I can measure the OD of the axles on my LT, I think Mudbogger has a LT Pilot that has Marv's LT axles on it, where is the guy that bought Cowboys Pilot he could measure his axles.

He Is sweating his ass off doing drywall and the axles are buried somewhere in his hoard at home :-)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:36 am 

If "HE" needs any help with the hoard let me know. :-) I enjoy hanging board. I like the sudden change it makes in the room. Are you hanging blue board for plaster or regular drywall. I also enjoy using the rotozip to cut out around the boxes. It may be strange, but something about not being able to see the box, and measuring to find the plunge point, then following the outline of the box. I always mark the box location on the floor as a double check.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:53 am 

rmesser wrote:
If "HE" needs any help with the hoard let me know. :-) I enjoy hanging board. I like the sudden change it makes in the room. Are you hanging blue board for plaster or regular drywall. I also enjoy using the rotozip to cut out around the boxes. It may be strange, but something about not being able to see the box, and measuring to find the plunge point, then following the outline of the box. I always mark the box location on the floor as a double check.

I hung, taped, finished over 400 sheets here when I built my house, hung all but about 12 sheets myself :-)

Before starting any wall board project its best to have your condition space conditioned BEFORE you start the project so its not so hot lol mine worked out to be in November but I had the heat on and it was comfortable at all times....

Oh shit its going to be 107 their today no way I could work in that heat...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:48 pm 

hoser wrote:
rmesser wrote:

I hung, taped, finished over 400 sheets here when I built my house, hung all but about 12 sheets myself :-)

Before starting any wall board project its best to have your condition space conditioned BEFORE you start the project so its not so hot lol mine worked out to be in November but I had the heat on and it was comfortable at all times....

Oh shit its going to be 107 their today no way I could work in that heat...

Yea but it's a cool 98 inside. I can't do the cold anymore my body killed me working out in the teens. Don't get me wrong the first two weeks of 100+ you just feel zapped with no energy but you adjust. I never could adjust to the cold.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:31 am 

rmesser wrote:

I like the drywall stage that means it's starting to look like a house again. I hate painting!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:44 pm 

Calling all cars

Are we at 10 yet?

If you are , chime in

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:39 am 

Mudbogger wrote:
I have 1 spare axle here, I can look but I think it is a ATVR one from my first LT I purchased.
Now I also have a Dave-Co LT pilot under construction at his CA compound, will these axles fit that kit?
I would be interested in spares axles for both!

I think we established that the axle length Dave-Co was using is the same length as these PLEASE confirm this with Dave I will put you down for one set? If you want more please say so, so we can get the order rolling on these.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:26 pm 

I have a dave-co lt set up so if these do fit I would be interested in 2 sets but I live in the UK so I would need someone to ship for me?

Cheers
Dan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:15 pm 

dan , if this buy moves forward - and you chiming in should put us over the 10 required - I can offer to get them sent out for you, but...

I'm in California, so it might be better to have someone from the East Coast send it out..probably a small difference, but just putting it out there

Hoser...what do we want to do now?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:48 pm 

consol wrote:
dan , if this buy moves forward - and you chiming in should put us over the 10 required - I can offer to get them sent out for you, but...

I'm in California, so it might be better to have someone from the East Coast send it out..probably a small difference, but just putting it out there

Hoser...what do we want to do now?

That's much appreciated consol, thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:06 am 

Any news on this.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:43 pm 

I have a question. I never got a reply from Marv but is there a reason he couldn't make stock axles as well? Just a thought that maybe others want a stock size and we could get a large enough order to get the lt and stock made.

Profile E-mail