Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 12:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:13 am 

I have subscribed to this thread but for some reason I haven't been being notified when new posts are made. I'm well aware of all the issues with this top, way more than any of you on this forum. I have had issues bringing this top to market. The copy cat guy that was copying them pile drove the project into the ground for me. It is a hard enough to break even project to start with. Then if someone else started making them (as was already attempted) it would make for an even greater loss financially on a project that I'm already upside down on. SO it was actually you guys that financially killed this project for me. What happened here is the result of typical selfish behavior, maybe some of it even from myself for not wanting to take more loss or risk on the project.

That has not stopped me from working on it from time to time, and I would like to see them made one way or another. I'll not sue anyone over copying and making it. That would be a complete waste of my time when I can make a helluva lot more money doing other stuff. But that still does not mean I have to like someone basically stealing my shite. I offered to sell copy cat the molds for what I paid for them. He declined and still went about trying to make them and even wanted advice on where to get the hinges, seals, and other issues etc. Walk a mile in my shoes and I can say for certain, not anyone would appreciate being done like I was here. I have already previously made parts that individual people here dis incentivized enough for it to become an un-viable part to make. The CDI (Capacitor Discharge Ignition) boxes I use to make are a perfect example of this. The people that make parts for these old machines are few and far between. So when you guys do this kind of stuff you need to realize you are self-limiting your options for parts availability. You not only kill that part, but may cause prevention of the next 3, 4, or 5 parts that person might have made as well.

As was mentioned in this thread, I have had some health problems. I had 3 surgeries and was unable to work for over two years. I lost most of the stuff I owned. I had lots of physical therapy and it is what it is. I'm doing better and 4 years ago I bought a property with 5000 square foot shop. I'm currently trying piece it back together. Hurricane Mathew and Irma tore the roof off my house and my shop and destroyed lots more of my stuff. That set me back quite a bit financially and consumed most of my time, energy, and resources since then. None of that matters here, but if you guys want to throw me under the bus, at least take some of that in to account. And I am not mad at anybody. Holding grudges is a waste of time and energy. Whatever is done is done, and we just need to move forward from here.

Curtis is the one that started the ball rolling again on this project, so you guys that want a top need to thank him for that. I am drawing the tops up in CAD right now. I'll work an it as my time allows and bring the updates to this thread. Alright so let me post a few pics for discussion. If I don't come reply right away, I am not ignoring you guys. I know many of you guys personally and I hate to disappoint my Pilot and Odyssey brothers. I have a lot of difficult stuff I'm trying to deal with that has to get done before the Florida summer heat gets here and kicks my old ass. If any of you guys want to get in touch with me, just message me and I'll send you my current number.

Attachments:
T1.jpg
T1.jpg [ 45.73 KiB | Viewed 1087 times ]
T2.jpg
T2.jpg [ 27.44 KiB | Viewed 1087 times ]
T3.jpg
T3.jpg [ 42.55 KiB | Viewed 1087 times ]
T4 failed attemps.jpg
T4 failed attemps.jpg [ 43.24 KiB | Viewed 1087 times ]
T5 failed attempts.JPG
T5 failed attempts.JPG [ 45.41 KiB | Viewed 1087 times ]
T6.JPG
T6.JPG [ 49.55 KiB | Viewed 1087 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:14 am 

More pics..

Attachments:
T7.JPG
T7.JPG [ 64.99 KiB | Viewed 1087 times ]
T8.JPG
T8.JPG [ 54.77 KiB | Viewed 1087 times ]
T9 1 BILL.. designed 1 piece flip up front end for FL400 and FL350 mold plug.jpg
T9 1 BILL.. designed 1 piece flip up front end for FL400 and FL350 mold plug.jpg [ 49.15 KiB | Viewed 1087 times ]
T9 2 BILL.. designed 1 piece flip up front end for FL400 and FL350 mold plug.JPG
T9 2 BILL.. designed 1 piece flip up front end for FL400 and FL350 mold plug.JPG [ 53.54 KiB | Viewed 1087 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:29 pm 

That 1 piece front end is pretty slick, not cheap. Gonna need a good wrap around bumper when those get to being produced. Good luck with what you’ve got going.
Bob

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:51 pm 

Bill.. wrote:
I have subscribed to this thread but for some reason I haven't been being notified when new posts are made. I'm well aware of all the issues with this top, way more than any of you on this forum. I have had issues bringing this top to market. The copy cat guy that was copying them pile drove the project into the ground for me. It is a hard enough to break even project to start with. Then if someone else started making them (as was already attempted) it would make for an even greater loss financially on a project that I'm already upside down on. SO it was actually you guys that financially killed this project for me. What happened here is the result of typical selfish behavior, maybe some of it even from myself for not wanting to take more loss or risk on the project.

That has not stopped me from working on it from time to time, and I would like to see them made one way or another. I'll not sue anyone over copying and making it. That would be a complete waste of my time when I can make a helluva lot more money doing other stuff. But that still does not mean I have to like someone basically stealing my shite. I offered to sell copy cat the molds for what I paid for them. He declined and still went about trying to make them and even wanted advice on where to get the hinges, seals, and other issues etc. Walk a mile in my shoes and I can say for certain, not anyone would appreciate being done like I was here. I have already previously made parts that individual people here dis incentivized enough for it to become an un-viable part to make. The CDI (Capacitor Discharge Ignition) (Capacitor Discharge Ignition) boxes I use to make are a perfect example of this. The people that make parts for these old machines are few and far between. So when you guys do this kind of stuff you need to realize you are self-limiting your options for parts availability. You not only kill that part, but may cause prevention of the next 3, 4, or 5 parts that person might have made as well.

As was mentioned in this thread, I have had some health problems. I had 3 surgeries and was unable to work for over two years. I lost most of the stuff I owned. I had lots of physical therapy and it is what it is. I'm doing better and 4 years ago I bought a property with 5000 square foot shop. I'm currently trying piece it back together. Hurricane Mathew and Irma tore the roof off my house and my shop and destroyed lots more of my stuff. That set me back quite a bit financially and consumed most of my time, energy, and resources since then. None of that matters here, but if you guys want to throw me under the bus, at least take some of that in to account. And I am not mad at anybody. Holding grudges is a waste of time and energy. Whatever is done is done, and we just need to move forward from here.

Curtis is the one that started the ball rolling again on this project, so you guys that want a top need to thank him for that. I am drawing the tops up in CAD right now. I'll work an it as my time allows and bring the updates to this thread. Alright so let me post a few pics for discussion. If I don't come reply right away, I am not ignoring you guys. I know many of you guys personally and I hate to disappoint my Pilot and Odyssey brothers. I have a lot of difficult stuff I'm trying to deal with that has to get done before the Florida summer heat gets here and kicks my old ass. If any of you guys want to get in touch with me, just message me and I'll send you my current number.

Damn Bill that is some bad luck there,sorry to hear about all your problems.I also don't know anything about the someone stealing your ideas with the CDI (Capacitor Discharge Ignition) and who your talking about on the roof.But like I said earlier,since I have been informed I will not let someone borrow mine to make a copy,but since you have not posted on here in 7 years and were still working on the roofs then I think you can understand why we would have doubts that these would ever get made.Good luck to you

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:17 pm 

Bill I'll send you money as a down payment, or even a prepayment. Just let me know where to send it and how much you want.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:50 pm 

:-) :-) :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:53 am 

canadian oddy wrote:
fully wrote:
Had to

Honestly guys -- serious question here.
What would you be willing to pay for a roof lid storage in fiberglass or plastic ??
Lets see if Bill.. would be wasting his time. Lets settle this topic once and for all.
Please post your answers. Don't be shy -- post.

We can't buy and sell the roof lids. It's up to a seller to make a price. I personally don't believe this Bill guy is ever going to make these lids. He appears to have too much on his plate already. It's too bad he won't share his knowledge with someone who will take these to the next level so that those who want them can have them. I think most of us here don't have the skills to create some of the items for our machines and are very appreciative of those who do and share them with us. (For a price of course!)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:34 pm 

Hello all.
Its been some time since i posted.
I do actually have many of these roof tops, some are original first gens from Vroom in white when he first started this project years ago.
I personally have had many bis deals with Bill dating back to my first days on Hosers old board and respect him very very much. I have had thoughts of selling mine but after reading the updates on the work and costs associated on bills end to get these back into the Pilot Odyssey world i have decided to not sell them here or on Ebay.
Bill i hope the community comes through for you and purchases are plentiful, in fact when they are completed and being sold can you PM i would love to buy one!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:54 pm 

Mud - glad to see you are still at it. I have been wondering how you are. Have you been riding much, or all work?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:56 am 

Good morning still in, have not rode in nearly 2 years due to health and life catching up to me.
Pilots are mostly all gone have couple left and couple projects still up at harolds place which i really should get done( totally my fault just agin health and life catching up to me lol).

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:44 pm 

Mudbogger wrote:
Good morning still in, have not rode in nearly 2 years due to health and life catching up to me.
Pilots are mostly all gone have couple left and couple projects still up at harolds place which i really should get done( totally my fault just agin health and life catching up to me lol).

Glad to see you still popping in.How is your health now? Are you still recovering from the accident? Hope you get to do some riding soon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:11 pm 

Bill I’m in for a couple lids. I sent you a PM

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:46 pm 

Bill, any update?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:40 am 

Anyone hear from Bill about these since the last update?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:20 pm 

I wish I’ll tell ya. I had been in communication with Bill via email. He did not respond to my last email inquiring on progress. I don’t believe we’ll see these remanufactured.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:03 pm 

If that’s the case it’s time for someone else to do it. Sounds like there is a bit of a demand.