Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ISO Pilot FL400 Roof Lid
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:30 am 

Hello,
I am on the hunt for a Pilot FL400 Roof Lid. Not just any lid, I want this style. Please let me know if you have one that you are willing to sell.
Thanks, Curtis

Attachment:
7D440E2E-2D99-4861-BFB4-96091F54D10A.jpeg
7D440E2E-2D99-4861-BFB4-96091F54D10A.jpeg [ 129.08 KiB | Viewed 2115 times ]

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:06 pm 

This may not help you get one of these but here is the thread on it:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5038&hilit=102c+puller

marioparra78 has not been on the site since Jun 10, 2009.
I sometimes wonder what happened to some of our old time members as many seem to have had a tremendous amount of skill.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:04 pm 

Thanks CO! I figured this is probably a long shot anyhow. The picture I posted was one of Nuke-Em's machines. That one was actually mounted on a FL350. I will probably end up getting a roof from ATV Motorsports if this doesn't pan out.

I liked that these would allow a small it of storage.

-Curtis

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:23 pm 

I have one that I was lucky enough to get member stix to sell me when he sold his pilot.I don't have any interest is selling it at this time.It has its good points and bad,either I forget to latch it or it is coming loose by itself,probably me forgetting,as you can see in this video :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:27 pm 

You were having a yard sale, Ive done that with watercraft. Forgot to latch the hood and then you hope it all floats.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:54 pm 

LOL I watched that video on YouTube and thought to myself, maybe I do t want this roof after all. I feel a little bit better knowing it was likely operator error. :-)

I had a hood flip up on me in my Jeep once. That was not a fun experience. That would definitely suck out on the water, did it float?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:59 am 

canadian oddy wrote:

I sometimes wonder what happened to some of our old time members as many seem to have had a tremendous amount of skill.

Mario Parts is a deadbeat POS!!

The lid he was copying is mine and he was doing it to pay for parts I gave him. I never got the original or the two copies he promised and he fell off the face of the earth.....

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:13 am 

Ody_Stable wrote:
canadian oddy wrote:

The lid he was copying is mine and he was doing it to pay for parts I gave him. I never got the original or the two copies he promised and he fell off the face of the earth.....

Wow that sucks!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:26 am 

Ody_Stable wrote:
canadian oddy wrote:

I didn't know that, it's good to know.
This is another reason why I am very very very selective on selling any parts. I got stung on this a couple of times myself. In fact in the first case I was so mad I deleted this site from my computer back in 2016 approx. I never came back until I got several emails from the quality members here. Any posts made by me after around 2016 would never have been posted on this site. I am always willing to share any knowledge I have but I am really reluctant to send parts now for this reason. I know I could help out a lot more by sending intake manifolds, Engine mounts etc but I can't bring myself to do it unless I am 100% positive. That could also put me in the position of sending a part to a known good member and declining others because I am not sure. I wouldn't even consider it unless a member has been here for years and has at least 500 or so posts. By then you have a good idea of who you are dealing with. The good thing is that any old member who is still left on this site is first rate. I have also seen an old time member who turned bad and disappeared for a long time, sign in again after years on the lam. I guess what I am saying is "I understand the feeling".

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:56 am 

Damn, that does suck that you had a bad experience with that guy Ody_Stable.

With my luck, I always figure something will go wrong and often does. I have received broken parts I was told were good and even just parts missing from the order I placed. I have always given the seller the opportunity to make it right and they have every time (knock on wood). There are good members here and it is posts like yours that weed out the bad ones.

I don't often sell used parts because I hoard the good stuff. The not so good stuff I couldn't bring myself to sell to someone unless they saw it in person first and knew exactly what they were buying. I have also done this for local owners looking for parts. Selling and dealing in used parts is a though business to be in, not everyone will be pleased.

Back to my roof!

Redskinman,
If you ever decide to part with it, Just let me know. :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:01 am 

The original roofs were designed and built by VRROOM, The company that did the fiberglass work for him went out of business. The molds then ended up with BILL. Several years ago the idea of building more of the roofs came up (there should be a series of post on that effort). At that time I spoke to Bill and confirmed he had the molds but the project didnt got anywhere from that point.

I would say Bill probably still has the original molds. You could try to PM or email him (there is an email linked to him on this site)

You might also try contacting Mudbogger, as with most things 'Pilot" he will probably have some of these roofs, I know he has (had) at least one of mine.

I would suggest the following changes to the original design if any one builds them. The bottom compartment could be a few inches deeper (but I guess that could be a negative for very tall riders) the second change would be a better seal around the lid. Mine filled with water if it rained or when washing my Pilot.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:29 am 

DC wrote:
The original roofs were designed and built by VRROOM, The company that did the fiberglass work for him went out of business. The molds then ended up with BILL. Several years ago the idea of building more of the roofs came up (there should be a series of post on that effort). At that time I spoke to Bill and confirmed he had the molds but the project didnt got anywhere from that point.

I would say Bill probably still has the original molds. You could try to PM or email him (there is an email linked to him on this site)

You might also try contacting Mudbogger, as with most things 'Pilot" he will probably have some of these roofs, I know he has (had) at least one of mine.

I would suggest the following changes to the original design if any one builds them. The bottom compartment could be a few inches deeper (but I guess that could be a negative for very tall riders) the second change would be a better seal around the lid. Mine filled with water if it rained or when washing my Pilot.

Thanks for the info DC!

I don't know all them members via first names, Can you tell me Bills's user name on here?

On a side note, are you making any more of the rear shock adapters for the Fox 2.0?

-Curtis

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:02 pm 

CurtisR401 wrote:
DC wrote:

Thanks for the info DC!

I don't know all them members via first names, Can you tell me Bills's user name on here?

On a side note, are you making any more of the rear shock adapters for the Fox 2.0?

-Curtis

The user name for him was -------- wait for it ---------------------------------------------------------- (Bill..)
His last post was in 2012. I don't ever remember seeing him here though. He has not been around in a very long time. In his member profile he worked as an aircraft mechanic. He only has 237 posts and was a member from 2004 to 2012 ??

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:46 pm 

LOL :-)

D'oh! Sometimes I over think it I guess. I am going to reach out to him via email.

Thanks CO

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:40 pm 

I believe Bill also was the creator of the no rev limit CDI (Capacitor Discharge Ignition) kit and instructions.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:55 pm 

Wheres Forbes?

This would be another good product for his new business.

Vacuum form that bitch! You can crank them out quick. Screw that fiberglass crap.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:28 pm 

I checked to see if I had a phone number for Bill, I do not. You might try search for him outside of the board. (FB or just google him and see what comes up) Last I heard he was living in the St Augustine/Jacksonville area of Florida. His name is Bill O'Keefe. He is a great guy and has a tremendous amount of knowledge I am sure he would share with you. ( and yes, he did make the original no rev limit CDI (Capacitor Discharge Ignition)'s)

As far as the brackets for FOX shocks, I sold my last remaining set, plus the original design patterns to "fastcat66" with my last Pilot. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=17006

I have not heard from him since the sale. He was located in mid-Michigan area (Freeland??). You might try to PM him to see if he has interest in selling the extra set he had or the patterns.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:56 am 

DC wrote:
I checked to see if I had a phone number for Bill, I do not. You might try search for him outside of the board. (FB or just google him and see what comes up) Last I heard he was living in the St Augustine/Jacksonville area of Florida. His name is Bill O'Keefe. He is a great guy and has a tremendous amount of knowledge I am sure he would share with you. ( and yes, he did make the original no rev limit CDI (Capacitor Discharge Ignition) (Capacitor Discharge Ignition)'s)

As far as the brackets for FOX shocks, I sold my last remaining set, plus the original design patterns to "fastcat66" with my last Pilot. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=17006

I have not heard from him since the sale. He was located in mid-Michigan area (Freeland??). You might try to PM him to see if he has interest in selling the extra set he had or the patterns.

Again, Thanks for the info DC!

I will do my best to track these guys down and see if we can get some answers.

Cheers, Curtis

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:08 pm 

Bull I would love to reproduce the lids... would have to find one first.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:17 pm 

I know someone that would buy one if they reproduce one, or if someone has one for sale.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:10 pm 

I would be willing to let someone borrow my lid to reproduce if they were willing to give me a $500.00 deposit and pay for shipping.I am not going to get burned like ody stable did.And there would be a time limit,I don't want to be waiting for a year to get my lid back,I would think 3 months should be enough time.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:20 pm 

redskinman wrote:
I would be willing to let someone borrow my lid to reproduce if they were willing to give me a $500.00 deposit and pay for shipping.I am not going to get burned like ody stable did.And there would be a time limit,I don't want to be waiting for a year to get my lid back,I would think 3 months should be enough time.

I’ll let Malcolm run with this tourch if he is willing. If not, I will take you up on that offer.

I have also been in talks with Bill.. he has the original molds and has been trying to have them reproduced. Unsuccessfully thus far. He may be willing to part with those molds. I am waiting to hear back from him.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:40 pm 

Vrroom was the person that originally designed and produced these parts. When I purchased the molds from him, one of the things I bought was the design of these parts and the exclusive right to make them. What is exclusive right?: It is the right or privilege that can only be used by the person who it is granted to. If someone started copying parts of yours, how would you feel about it? I have invested a considerable amount of time, effort, and money out of my own pocket into this project. This thread is starting to look like the same old song and dance over here. It is easy to self justify copying someone else's parts when you don't have any skin in the game. Chinese factories do it everyday, all day long. Let me make it clear to everyone here: No one has my permission to make these... I still intend to make them. So if you want to make a top, please do so from a design of your own. I am back to working on this project and will post updates to this thread as I go.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:06 pm 

Bill.. wrote:
Vrroom was the person that originally designed and produced these parts. When I purchased the molds from him, one of the things I bought was the design of these parts and the exclusive right to make them. What is exclusive right?: It is the right or privilege that can only be used by the person who it is granted to. If someone started copying parts of yours, how would you feel about it? I have invested a considerable amount of time, effort, and money out of my own pocket into this project. This thread is starting to look like the same old song and dance over here. It is easy to self justify copying someone else's parts when you don't have any skin in the game. Chinese factories do it everyday, all day long. Let me make it clear to everyone here: No one has my permission to make these... I still intend to make them. So if you want to make a top, please do so from a design of your own. I am back to working on this project and will post updates to this thread as I go.

Bill.. has a very good point here and I do agree with it.
I think the real issue is that many want to buy this lid but can't get their hands on one.
That's probably why this loose talk about copying this lid was even thought of.
Doesn't make it right though, but Bill.. should start cranking them out. I think there is money in it.
Just my opinion -- right or wrong -- don't know.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:56 pm 

Let's get them going bill, I've been waiting a long time. Glad to hear you are back at it.

Just a thought.... Mario tried to Copy the design I assume without exclusive rights and now he has fallen off the face of the earth. Bill you didn't have anything to do with that did you? Bahhahahahah! :-)

This roof lid is turning into a bad soap opera show. It is writing itself.

Seriously Bill has made the investment and aquired the rights the correct way, as far as I know, and deserves our respect. I doubt anyone would every be prosecuted if these rights were violated, but it's the idea of it all.

Bill you have made the investment and the time has come to make a profit. I wish you the best of luck actually producing the product.

Profile E-mail