Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Parting my Wife's Pilot
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:21 pm 

Hello, my wife and I have decided that it is time to let her Pilot go.
As much as I would like to keep it a whole machine I just can not, I have way way to much money in it to try and sell it as a whole machine. You guys would laugh if I told you what I would need for it as a whole machine, I have almost as much in her Engine as what some complete machines sell for.

Just about everything from it is for sale, there are a few parts I am keeping for myself and some I will keep if I can not get the price I need for them.

I have gone through everything drivability wise from head to toe, other then plastic and paint it is a very meticulously restored machine that was done with 99% all oem nos parts.
I built it for my wife to drive for the next 20 yrs. It has less then 5 hrs. on it since all the work was done and that I am sure is an over statement. I only drove it to break in the Engine and get it jetted right and took my grand kids for a ride once, she will not allow anyone else to ride it and the time she spent on it was very easy riding.

This is the new oem parts that were installed, front control arms, front wheel bearings and seals inner + outer, front brakes, tie rods + ends, steering shaft, all steering shaft bushings, parking brake cable, rear brake caliper, inner cv boots, all suspension bolts and nuts, rear ball joints, rear wheel bearings and seals inner + outer, rear radius arms, rear upper swing arm special bearings + seals, fuel filter and Engine + transmission mounts.

The Engine is fully rebuilt by Hoser with all new oem parts, new cylinder (ported by Hoser), 80mm complete oem piston kit, all bearings and seals, water pump mechanical seal, balancer and intake manifold. It has a 1990 reed cage modified by Hoser with Boysen reeds. The cylinder head is a new speedchaser cool head 49cc dome.
The exhaust is new power pro's, I cut the exhaust manifold part of the pipe off of an oem pipe and fitted it to the power pro's. I did this to be able to use the oem exhaust seals, I do not use any silicone and have 0 leaks at the manifold. It took a lot of time to do but well worth it.

The transmission and axles are out of a very low hour 1990 pilot and are as perfect as you can get. I did clean every spec of original cv grease out and replaced with new, also new oem inner cv boots.

I will need a little time to get certain parts off but if any one is interested in anything please message me.

Here is a link to her pilot, it has some changes now, atv racing front bumper, belly skid and Engine skid. I also removed the shock covers a long time ago. viewtopic.php?f=101&t=14225

Thank you.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:50 pm 

Sadness!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:05 pm 

If you haven't already I would at least try to sell it complete. List it as serious buyers only. Contact me for price. This is one of the best documented builds I have ever seen. Anyone who knows there Ares from a hole in the ground, knows it was built right. Gotta be worth a try. Some people have more money than they know what to do with. Wish I could afford it. :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:14 pm 

rmesser wrote:
If you haven't already I would at least try to sell it complete. List it as serious buyers only. Contact me for price. This is one of the best documented builds I have ever seen. Anyone who knows there Ares from a hole in the ground, knows it was built right. Gotta be worth a try. Some people have more money than they know what to do with. Wish I could afford it. :-)

Thanks buddy, I would love to sell it whole. I am hoping someone might throw me a #$ I can not refuse.

We are the third owners of her. She has always been a lady's Pilot.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:15 pm 

Garemie wrote:
Sadness!

Yep!!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:22 pm 

scpilot66 wrote:
I have almost as much in her Engine as what some complete machines sell for.

I hear you on this one,
sorry to see your selling it and haven't really had the chance to enjoy it, 5 hours hardly broken in

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:00 am 

fully wrote:
scpilot66 wrote:
I have almost as much in her Engine as what some complete machines sell for.

I hear you on this one,
sorry to see your selling it and haven't really had the chance to enjoy it, 5 hours hardly broken in

Thank you Sir.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:42 am 

No sympathy from me Steveo. :-) You are on luck son of a gun. Your talents are well documented and you have one of the best OEM part stashes I have ever seen. You have worked you ass off and not just for yourself. You built the nicest FL350 I have ever seen for your son and a beautiful FL400 for your wife. We have to remember to enjoy the journey in life. We all have ups and downs in life - hopefully when its all over the ups out score the downs. Now get to work!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:06 pm 

I think you should put a number on the complete machine.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:18 am 

rmesser wrote:
No sympathy from me Steveo. :-) You are on luck son of a gun. Your talents are well documented and you have one of the best OEM part stashes I have ever seen. You have worked you ass off and not just for yourself. You built the nicest FL350 I have ever seen for your son and a beautiful FL400 for your wife. We have to remember to enjoy the journey in life. We all have ups and downs in life - hopefully when its all over the ups out score the downs. Now get to work!

Thank you my Friend, very much appreciated.
I am not happy about this, not just the pilot but what it represents and to me it more represents my wife and I going out and having fun in our own machines under our own control each, I will miss that more then you know. Like you say, life moves forward whether we like it or not.

mforbes wrote:

Hello Sir, OK.
This is not what I want, I want more then this. I am the one that did all the dang work and hunted down all the dang impossible parts BUT my WIFE has TOLD me that whether I like it or not $10,000.00 is the number. It does not have all the bling bling but it has everything where it counts. She is as solid as when she came new from Honda.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:19 am 

mforbes wrote:

I'd post a link to your build thread on FeeBay someone will buy it. There are die hard Pilot owners out there who would pay that without hesitation. I would pay it if I were looking for one that I knew I didn't have to do a thing to.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:12 pm 

Duneit wrote:
mforbes wrote:

I'd post a link to your build thread on FeeBay someone will buy it. There are die hard Pilot owners out there who would pay that without hesitation. I would pay it if I were looking for one that I knew I didn't have to do a thing to.

Here she is.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1989-HONDA-PIL ... :rk:1:pf:1

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:58 pm 

Let the bidding begin!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:36 pm 

Up to 5700 with 1 day and 22 hours remaining.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:35 pm 

Well - now what?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:40 pm 

rmesser wrote:
Well - now what?

Who needs parts???

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:05 pm 

scpilot66 wrote:
rmesser wrote: