Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: sale or part out
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:11 pm 

I would to gauge interest in selling/part out my pilot.
1-sale out right
2-part out the long travel
3- part out all plus all spare parts

Any and all feed back welcome

Richard

Post subject: Re: sale or part out
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:02 pm 

I vote option 1: Do not part out.

Option 2: dibs on long travel :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:22 am 

Parting out a running pilot just seems wrong.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:15 pm 

I agree a part out is not a good idea. What I have to consider is the fact the parts are worth more than the machine. The frame has been cut and welded on for one reason or another. The roll bars have been fixed and welded on etc. It's not a trailer queen it's a go ride it hard machine. The long travel alone is worth more than a used pilot. Even with some plastic damage and repair the plastic is worth over a Grand. Then the Engine and trans etc.
Heck I could take the steering wheel assembly off and get 500.00.

The trx front assembly will even bring good value. The shock are axis fully adjustable slow speed high speed compression and rebound. This is why I'm asking for options and value each.

The wife's is a no brainier. Un molested 90 with add ons, bought it new and have had it since. Mine was a hacked up wreck when I bought it years ok. The only thing it had going for it was a rebuilt crank with is now sitting in a box. I replaced it with a new one and all new parts. When I bought it at the dunes in ok H was there and they all laughed at me for buying it. It even rolled down the road crucked like a trialer out of alignmet. So funny the way it tracked. That is when him and live wire were still friends. It took me an hour to fix things so I could ride it that day. In my opinion the frame has been altered to a point that it has not a lot of value for those who want it un touched. For me and what I do no big deal. What I want to avoid is some on thinking there getting something there not.
An example would be the larger dia bolt in the trans. I did not make it all wallard out by not replaceing the brackets and rubber mounts and driving it loose. When I got it I bought all new stuff and had to drill out and put in new larger bolt to make tight. So it's ok however been altered. Plus side is it has a new out put shaft and CV cups when it was rebuilt and now a new torque clutch plate set up. The shaft and cup had so much play in them there was sharp edges on them. Just a matter of time before they let go. I could make it look good and sale however that is not what I do. Every one should know what there paying for and under stand I rode it hard.

I'm willing to answer anyone question. So feel free to ask away

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:12 pm 

Easiest way to decide would be to actually put it up for sale and see what you can get. Post pics of the good and the bad and see what offers you get.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:12 pm 

It is worth more parted out but the down side is you always have parts that won’t sell and you’re “stuck” with. Some people don’t like all the visits to the post office or UPS OR ???. And then their are the flaky people. It’s easier to sell whole and people are looking for them all the time on FB. I know it’s the devil but unfortunately it’s where most people are today. The forums are better for information but some fb groups have thousands of members. I don’t need anymore but I would buy it if I was in the market. You’ve been upfront on the forum about the good and bad with it. It has LT and great shocks as well as some other add one
Bob

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:09 pm 

I agree with the comments above, if you are not in a rush to sell which it seems that it has been sitting for some time, put it on the market, be sure to have your bottom dollar price in mind, if it is a bargain at what you are asking then just be out front and say you will not haggle on price, if you want market value, ask more, it seems that if that is the case people will always try to pay less, it is a pain but that's the way things are.
if you have it up for sale for what you figure is too long, then consider parting, if you ask a fair price of what you would pay for something and not an inflated price you see on Ebay stuff will go quick. I put in a 670 in mine and sold off parts no longer needed, Engine fuel tank, radiator, CDI (Capacitor Discharge Ignition) ect. I am satisfied with what I got which was about 1/2 of ebay prices.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:06 am 

Thanks every one.
All great advise and I will do just that.
After the 4th I will get it done. How to have my RS1 by fall go zero can come smoke me in his twin. I got see that thing 2 run.itbwould be cool to see a few twins ride like the old days of pilot herds. Five or six pilots chaseing each other always looked cool and was fun.
Richard

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:14 pm 

adnoh wrote:
Thanks every one.
All great advise and I will do just that.
After the 4th I will get it done. How to have my RS1 by fall go zero can come smoke me in his twin. I got see that thing 2 run.itbwould be cool to see a few twins ride like the old days of pilot herds. Five or six pilots chaseing each other always looked cool and was fun.
Richard

Is that supposed to say you hope to have a RS1 by fall? So you're switching to a Polaris also? :shock: :-)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:04 pm 

Ya must have had to many cold ones eailer. So zero can smoke me

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:06 am 

You have some options depending on your budget. RS1 would be the lowest cost, but the Turbo Maverick X3 and Rzr Pro XP is where its at. I know SpecialEd has a turbo RS1 that's pretty insane so you could go that way too. Then theirs always the Yamaha - which isn't going to be quite as fast but has the better factory Fox suspension setups. I'd like to see Talon's next gen in action. I'll give you a run for your money in a 1/8th drag with Rotax power.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:09 am 

if I had a choice and it was not based on budget I think I'd opt for a Speed SXS, not sure on how many they have actually delivered but seems very solid, built race ready comes with all the stuff you'd want to put on and there is a "hell" key, this change the tune to different levels, with race gas I believe it is supposed to be pushing 300 pony's.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:12 pm 

still for sale?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:49 pm 

Can be, shoot me a offer. P.m. me a offer.
I would rather sale it than part it out.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:50 am 

Still waiting on that pm.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:37 pm 

adnoh wrote:
Still waiting on that pm.

He has been a member for years but only has 3 posts.
Don't hold your breath.
CO

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:58 pm 

List out as if your selling for parts, what are parts going for these days?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:58 pm 

Rich

I may be interested in the whole machine, my brother has started looking for a LT Pilot.
I’ll PM ya and see if we are in the same ballpark as far as price.

Dennis

Profile E-mail