Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:44 am 

Hi All,

I am looking to purchase a Drakart Formula Cross with rotax Engine, anyone here know of any good ones around for sale? My email is "norton75@hotmail.com"

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:00 pm 

how much are you looking to spend ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:01 am 

Hi sunblock,

I am after the impossible i want the best and i want you to give it to me free but i know that isn't a happening thing.

I think i should be able to get a good one for around 10.000 to 12,000, more or less depending on the age, extras and condition.

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:29 am 

Hey oddozzie if your looking for someone to bring it over try John at JT Imports he's located in Melbourne and ships out of California. He has brought in quite a few buggys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:46 pm 

Hi Lc4,

Thanks for the tip, i do know someone in Savannah, Georgia, so that covers both east and west coast. I think the big problem is going to be finding a suitable one before the dollar crashes again.

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:38 am 

oddozzie wrote:
Hi Lc4,

Thanks for the tip, i do know someone in Savannah, Georgia, so that covers both east and west coast. I think the big problem is going to be finding a suitable one before the dollar crashes again.

Cheers

David buy $US now and then you have all the time you want :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:21 am 

Dave,Ted's right(But don't tell im that!) :-) ,that's what I do.
When the Aus $ is high,I send my money to a trusted source in USA(Ma buggy pimp daddy) and that way the dollar is locked in regardless even if the Aus dollar crashes again.
Now if you don't end up buying,or change your mind,and the Aus $ crashes,you get more back thru the reverse US-Aus conversion rate.
It's a win-win situation Mate! :-)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:30 pm 

Hi Baz,

The dollar is looking great at the moment, I'm guessing if we have another rate rise we could even see parity with the USD.

These Drakarts are hard to find at the moment, i have a couple I'm looking at and one in particular that i think i will go with, now all i have to do is organize the shipping, again.

How are you going over in W.A. is the buggy racing growing?

Cheers
Dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:38 pm 

Dave be careful what they say about the Aus dollar in the news Mate.
Remember last time when they said the same thing about US parity and even exceeding it?
Then the shizan hit the fan and the dollar plummeted.
I am NO world economy expert,but do know that the world's Rich people manipulate prices for their own gains etc
thru what they release to and thru their news outlets.They are the Puppeteers and we the puppets.

I go by if I am happy with the conv rate cause it's high compared to previous long lows,then send.

Things are good here Dave,racing numbers are up and down.Some guys enter with high expectations,run 1 or 2 races
then never to be seen again.Then there are others to fill their place,but it only seems to retain the Status Quo.Go the Quo! :-)
But I think things will get bigger sooner than later.With the internet,healthy economy,advertising,promoting,and more land owners wanting to come onboard,should get better.
There some blokes in Queensland who sold there Edge Barra's/buggies and shipped in some Redline Revolts for racing/rec riding there.Even becoming Aus dealers for them.I predict big things for them.One of our new potential members here is thinking of buying a Revolt roller,then installing a higher Whorespower sled CVT motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) in it.He said he likes my Drak and all the CVT thing compared to running BIG MC chain driven setups.He's an ex Kart racer,so he knows that there's nothing wrong with having more power/torque to start with.He's thinking of buying a new current model Arctic Cat 1000 to install in whatever buggy.It has more torque than the Busa1300 or Kwaka1400 MC motors.He will really killl the pig.I will stand NO chance! Oink!

Dave what Drak are you set on,600? Make sure you get an OEM Doo motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) mount plate with rubbers for conversion.The Drak's 4 legged donkey mount does'nt work.It'll shake the shite outa you and Drak.Would even give Elvis a headache.Also need to buy the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) torque snubber and fab it up thru a plate over the trans bolts.
This will be needed to save you,your belts,reliability,maintains clutch parallelism.
Have you seen Tom's-Litespeed pics on this,or mine? It's pretty straight forward,and an absolute MUST Mate!
Whatever you need,we are all here to help you out anyway.Pitty your on the East coast and not closer,I'd come over and Doo it for you.

Forgot to add,I use John at JT Imports in Melb,have you heard of him?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:01 am 

Hi Baz,

It sounds like the same racing scene as over here. There is a new club just started up here the VORBC and their home track (which was purpose built) is at the same complex as the V8 Jetboats so they are going to run events together, which will give it huge exposure.

They had a trial race meet last month and they had around 500 spectators, the next meeting in November is going to attract over 5000 spectators, so they say. Now that will be good for buggy racing here.

The track is a lot like the US stadium style tracks except outside, surrounded by high banked walls so the spectators can see all the track. They even had a commentator calling the races over loudspeakers.

I am looking for a 600 Drakart, formula cross and i hope to get one that is pretty much set up so i don't have to do much. I got spoiled with the pilot all i had to do was set the clutch up and sort tyres, not like the odysseys it took over a year of racing to sort them out.

Cheers
Dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:15 am 

oddozzie wrote:
Hi Baz,

It sounds like the same racing scene as over here. There is a new club just started up here the VORBC and their home track (which was purpose built) is at the same complex as the V8 Jetboats so they are going to run events together, which will give it huge exposure.

They had a trial race meet last month and they had around 500 spectators, the next meeting in November is going to attract over 5000 spectators, so they say. Now that will be good for buggy racing here.

The track is a lot like the US stadium style tracks except outside, surrounded by high banked walls so the spectators can see all the track. They even had a commentator calling the races over loudspeakers.

I am looking for a 600 Drakart, formula cross and i hope to get one that is pretty much set up so i don't have to do much. I got spoiled with the pilot all i had to do was set the clutch up and sort tyres, not like the odysseys it took over a year of racing to sort them out.

Cheers
Dave

Those jet boat guys are NUTS!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:50 pm 

Hi Hoser,

Yeah there crazy alright, i think our buggy track is wider than the ditches they race in. It looks like they just dug a series of twisting channels with an excavator in the paddock next to our track, flooded it and now they race in them with these mega horsepower little boats. And i thought i was mad.

Cheers

Post subject: Drakart for Sale
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:30 pm 

I have my Drakart for sale. If you are interested please email me at luke (at) wnctv.net. I did send you an email. Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:37 am 

Hi Guys,

Thank you for the replies, I have purchased a formula cross. Can't wait to get it.

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:51 pm 

Good for you Dave! :-)
Details Man?
motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? ))? Colour? Year? Twin overhead foxtails? :shock:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:58 am 

G/day Baz,

I got a 2001 mod 600 rotax, yellow in colour which is what i wanted. It comes with extra parts and spares.

Not only does it have twin fox tails but the door handles have been lowered and 40 thou has been shaved off the mirrors, so it should really fly. lol

Just got to get it here now and the wait is going to kill me.

cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:54 pm 

I'm happy for ya Dave...But 40 thou off the mirrors,that's insane,they wont stand a chance,your gonna kill em' Mate! :-)
What drive clutch does it have,TRA,Arctic Cat?
Does it come with the clutch service tools? Puller bolt,holders etc?
If it's a TRA,you will also need the 3x button holders,main clutch holder and screw down type spring compressor.
I have made all of them myself if you want pics.
You will also need spare drive belts.Especially if it's out of parallelism and not set up correctly.Torque snubber?
I also made rear combo wheel spacer/convertors to utilise my Pilot beadlock wheels.
Did you use John at JT Imports for shipping?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:14 pm 

oddozzie wrote:
G/day Baz,

I got a 2001 mod 600 rotax, yellow in colour which is what i wanted. It comes with extra parts and spares.

Not only does it have twin fox tails but the door handles have been lowered and 40 thou has been shaved off the mirrors, so it should really fly. lol

cheers

I've heard of twin fox tails and lowered door handles but man your "crazy" shaving 40 thou off you mirrors...........

Im currently running fuel injected brake lines and a carbon fiber dip stick, congrats on your purchase and good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:37 pm 

afastcar wrote:
oddozzie wrote:
G/day Baz,

cheers

I've heard of twin fox tails and lowered door handles but man your "crazy" shaving 40 thou off you mirrors...........

Im currently running fuel injected brake lines and a carbon fiber dip stick, congrats on your purchase and good luck.

They told me when I first got into trucking I was running out of Blinker fluid... I asked where could I find the dipstick, and they told me it was behind the Steering wheel... I still have not found it???
:shock: :-)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:46 pm 

Found a great products site. http://www.kalecoauto.com

They even have Adjustable Powerbands. They're a bit on the pricey side though...$249 :shock:

(added the "dot", thx Turbo!) :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:51 pm 

DunePilot wrote:
Found a great products site. http://www.kalecoauto.com

They even have Adjustable Powerbands. They're a bit on the pricey side though...$249 :shock:

you forgot the dot!!!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:55 pm 

I found the Blinker fluid!!!

http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_pa ... ducts_id=6
where is that damn DIPSTICK????

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:10 pm 

the first thing my dad got me on was the elusive "hammerfor" fallowed by the "henweigh"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:12 pm 

Turbotexas wrote:
I found the Blinker fluid!!!

http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_pa ... ducts_id=6
where is that damn DIPSTICK????

I think its in front of the steering wheel................. Jimmy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:21 am 

Hi Guys

I guess everyone now knows i got Litespeeds Drakart, it just arrived last thursday. I am just in the process of going over it before i give it it's first Aussie run.

The Pilot in the background is Redriders old ride.

Cheers

Attachments:
Melbourne 6 march 2010 hail 015.jpg
Melbourne 6 march 2010 hail 015.jpg [ 421.8 KiB | Viewed 774 times ]
Melbourne 6 march 2010 hail 011.jpg
Melbourne 6 march 2010 hail 011.jpg [ 306.6 KiB | Viewed 774 times ]