Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:44 am 

Up for grabs again..... :-)

I have a set of works shocks with out Resi's which used to be on the front of my Fl350. I believe they are around 2 years old at least by now. They have been sitting on a shelf for some time eagerly awaiting to perform well for another FL350 fan. They are in good shape and work and perform as they should. I am selling the front shocks, as well as the entire front end including brakes J arms spindals, hubbs, brake lines and ITP front wheels. Asking $300 shipped for the Works Shocks OBO. Turbo can provide his feedback on how my shocks performed from when he rode it at some very diverse rough terrain out here in Texas at Marble Falls. There are some pics below of my Fl350 with the Works shocks installed.

Thanks guys!

Post subject: Re: Works Front Shocks
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:01 am 

1frc wrote:
I have a set of works shocks with out Resi's currently on the front of my Fl350. I believe they are around a year and a half. They are in great shape and work and perform excellent. I am selling the shocks, as well as the entire front end including brakes J arms spindals, hubbs and ITP front wheels so that I can fund my Long Travel kit. PM me your email and I will send pics when I go ridding this weekend.

Asking $300 plus shipping for the Works Shocks

Thanks guys!

I am going to stick my neck out and suggest you KEEP this stuff!!! This kit is very new and not really tested yet! If it is anywhere near the design my kit from afte rshock is it will cause more aggrivation than it's worth... Not trying to discourage your purchase just trying to get you to keep your stuff in case this doesn't make you happy!!!!

I can't see how this new Kawonda kit works from the steering knuckle out... In the pictures I have seen at least.
My biggest problem with the chucklenuts at aftershot motorspurts kit is the steer stops! The Pilot has steer stops built into the steering stem like an ATV The 350 Odyssey has the steer stops built into the j arms and spindle. Aftershocks set up depends on a hiem to stop the drag/lawyer link which in turn stops the steering... Or at least it is supposed to??? BUT the small flimsey piece of metal that the hiem bolts to has little to NO bracing to keep it in place or to keep the hiem squared up and stopping the steering when it needs to...
NOT BASHING JUST INFORMING but I am sure it will cause some drama...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:08 am 

and didn't you say your frame was modified??? You should check with kawonda and verify his kit will fit!!!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:31 am 

Turbotexas wrote:
and didn't you say your frame was modified??? You should check with kawonda and verify his kit will fit!!!

Thanks Turbo. The front was streached a bit, but it would not affect the kit on the install as the original suspension and or frame were not modded only the very front. Should be good to go.I wish there was someone else out there that has tried the kit and can give some feedback. Here are a few pics.

Attachments:
f2.JPG
f2.JPG [ 462.71 KiB | Viewed 623 times ]
f1.JPG
f1.JPG [ 447.29 KiB | Viewed 623 times ]
f4.JPG
f4.JPG [ 457.25 KiB | Viewed 623 times ]
f3.JPG
f3.JPG [ 340.11 KiB | Viewed 623 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:54 am 

I am kicking myself in the backside for not going to MF now after seeing the pictures!!! I love that place!!! It looks like you should be able to fit the kit on the ody, and a note to self...DO NOT GET IN FRONT OF YOU!!!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:47 pm 

Anyone interested*******I have a set of works shocks with out Resi's currently on the front of my Fl350. I believe they are around a year and a half. They are in great shape and work and perform excellent. I am selling the shocks, as well as the entire front end including brakes J arms spindals, hubbs and ITP front wheels so that I can fund my Long Travel kit. PM me your email and I will send pics when I go ridding this weekend.

Asking $300 plus shipping for the Works Shocks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:07 pm 

Hey I am thinking of going to MF this weekend... Friday afternoon and Saturday! Leave Sunday mid morning? You going to be there? With all the rain I am thinking this will be the dryest place because of all the rocks...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:11 pm 

I will be there my friend. I told the woman I would take her out to play around on the Odyssey, and I would also take the CR250R to ride on. I am also recruiting a few friends with there toys as well to join in the fun.I will be there sometime late afternoon Friday and be leaving Sunday afternoon. Do you know how to remove the spring on the Drive clutch (tranny clutch)? Is there a special tool required.

Post subject: Works Shocks
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:08 pm 

Turbotexas,
Please refrain from saying that my kit is not really tested yet. I have tested it and it works well for what it was intended to do. It was built as an affordable bolt-on a arm conversion, for those guys that want to get away from the stock j-arms. Is it perfect? NO. Is it a race proven, "Beat the Hell out of it" kit? NO. If you want a kit that is perfect and meets all of your needs, then design your own. Steve at chucklenuts at aftershot motorspurts makes a nice kit. It is quality workmanship, and well designed. Is it perfect? NO. I spoke with Steve about this lock-up issue you have with his kit, and he informed me that you adjusted the steering stops beyond what the instructons say, in order to turn tighter. I wasn't there when you installed his kit, so I do not know what you did. However, there are people that are happy with his kit. If you want to make changes to his kit to make it better for your riding situation, then by all means, make them. Anyone out there that spends the money and time to design and build something that clearly helps the Odyssey Community, should not face constant bashing from a select few. If you are not happy with his kit, or mine, then put your j-arms back on and sell the kit. I doubt that will happen, because even though you are not completely satisfied with his kit, you know it is much better than stock j-arms. To design a bolt-on A-arm kit that will satisfy every aspect of offroading is impossible. The biggest hurdle to overcome with the Odyssey, is the type of steering that it has. If it were normal steering, we wouldn't have that problem. You have to take it for what it is, and be happy that someone has come up with something that makes the Odyssey ride better and smoother. I have spent many hours working on bumpsteer issues, and come to the conclusion that it will never be bumpsteer free. So I am willing to live with that, because the alternative is stock j-arms.

1frc,
Sorry for hijacking your thread, but this needed to be said. I hope you sell your shocks.

Post subject: works shocks
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:47 pm 

Hoser, Can you please not change my wording in my reply. I wrote Steve at chucklenuts at aftershot motorspurts" and you changed it to "Steve at aftershot motorspurts". This is not right. I do not want anyone putting words in my mouth or changing the wording in my reply because they have a problem with someone. I expect you to do the right thing and change it back. This is not junior high school. We are all supposed to be adults.

Post subject: works shocks.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:50 pm 

I can't believe I just wrote the above reply only to find out that you have an automatic response to Steve's website. This is childish.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:29 am 

First things first... You can call me turbo tex ass on another site then complain here about being childish???
Second issue... Have you read ANY of this??? http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/viewtopic.php?t=3267
Have you seen the instructions I was provided?
3rd I didn't bash you... I would ask you to re-read my post... I suggested he KEEP his j-arms and shocks in case he was not happy with this set up...
I am sorry chucklenuts at aftershot motorspurts isn't man enough to admit his short comings...
I am not the only one who has had this issue, but I am sure chucklenuts at aftershot motorspurts will make an excuse for the guy in California who wreck at a race!!!
In case you haven't noticed there are several members here who make stuff for the group, and do so to make a profit... But they spend some time documenting what it is they have created... A few pictures is not enough to satsfy something as important and safety related as the front of the car I am driving 60+++ mph!!!
chucklenuts at aftershot motorspurts merely copied a product from the early days and didn't seem to find it important enough to realize that when removing the stock j-arms he also removed the steering stops!!! His design relies on these hiem joints to stop the spindle and the backing for these hiems is very flimsey to say the least! It works totally different on Hoodlums pilot BECAUSE the Pilot has Steering stops built into the stem just like/similar to a Quad!!!
I and others appreciate your time and investment in making something for the hobby, but after all that effort you invested in manufacturing it is now time to invest in some marketing skills... Sure there will always be "newbies" that will buy something because it looks good... I only ask that you take the time to DOCUMENT each aspect of this product, what steps you have taken to test/insure that this item is fully thought out and set up properly by your customers!!!
Do you have any kind of product liability insurance? I doubt it, it is expensive as hell!!! What do you think a Lawyer will do when he finds out someone was hurt by something like this and you have not even taken the tme to document how your set up works!!! I sugested this to you before, and thing you need to get a DBA and either incorporate or set up a LLC. To protect your personal life from lawsuits! That is just sound business advise...
I have detailed and posted every step of my install and with the instructions chucklenuts at aftershot motorspurts provided I was left to Guess about alot of stuff and even had to make pieces he didn't ship, and then the namecalling began... It's a shame the old pilot-odyssey board is no longer up (makes you go hum???) I could show you all the details as I posted on both sites! That site got ugly!!!
I hold no grudge against You or chucklenuts at aftershot motorspurts... He played the cards he was dealt, and continues to play a very poor game!
Again you expect us to put OUR trust and our lives into you hands based on a few pictures??? Sorry I don't know you well enough to do that! Prove to us you have an OUTSTANDING product and I bet you you will have more customers than you do now!!!
David

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: works shocks.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:22 pm 

kawonda wrote:
I can't believe I just wrote the above reply only to find out that you have an automatic response to Steve's website. This is childish.

Childish haha YES IT IS and we love it! People take notice, most ask WHY so its working perfectly.

You don't know anything about Liewire we do, if you knew him you would love it too :-) :-) :-)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: works front shocks
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:28 pm 

Turbotexas, First off, I called you Turbo-tex-ass(on another site) because you hijacked my thread on that other site, and started making stupid comments. I have read so many of your negative replies to alot of threads and I just couldn't take your mouth anymore. I also wrote you a reply commending you for answering me back in a mature way. So many people PM'd me after I wrote the first comment saying "I can't wait to see what Turbotexas is going to say now". I was happy to see that you responded back in a mature way.
Secondly, I have read half of your post, and I just couldn't stomach anymore of it. If you read my post again, you will see that I said: "I wasn't there when you installed his kit, so I don't know what you did". I said "I spoke with Steve, and he imformed me that you adjusted the steering stops to get a tighter turning radius" Again, I wasn't there when you installed you kit.
Thirdly, Maybe you should re-read my post. I never said that you were bashing me or my kit. I just said please refrain from saying my kit is not really tested yet. If you read my post again, it is saying that Steve is the one getting bashed. As far as my kit goes, it is for recreational riding only, not racing. My kit utilizes stock quad a arms on a 600 lb. car. It is not a racing machine. In no way will I ever suggest racing or jumping any higher than the jumps on my website video. If you do so, you do at your own risk. If you run that crap out of and abuse a car, something is bound to bend or break. You just have to live with that, and fix it.

Post subject: Re: works shocks.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:29 pm 

kawonda wrote:

Welcome to the POOA world,get used to it- :-)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:43 pm 

Well now I see! You have only read half of the story and then talked to steve and based your opinion of me on that alone! Go read ALL of the story! Why do you think I took the time to do the posting? To educate people about the dangers of this setup! Now when you are done with my thread look at aftershocks bumpers and nerf bars too! Everything is documented for a reason! To inform people so they can make their own desicions!
Go do your homework before you reply!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: works front shocks
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:46 pm 

I based my opinion of you off of your own attitude and words, not off what Steve said. I don't need to do anymore homework to determine my opinion of you.

Post subject: Re: works front shocks
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:47 am 

kawonda wrote:
I based my opinion of you off of your own attitude and words, not off what Steve said. I don't need to do anymore homework to determine my opinion of you.

Well that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside! Kinda like the feeling I got when you admited ya'll pm'ed each other like a bunch of girls about what will turbo say now???

Please read the links and educate yourself! You can't go into something half cocked! I am not in no means trying to bash you but help you young man!
I have some experience in manufacturing! I was a Custom Saddlemaker before I stumbled into Trucking. I was one of the first people in the Country to develop and manufacture a Bull Riding Protective vest! If you have ever seen a PBR you have seen what I am refering to! Do you think I just slapped some stuff together sewed it, took a few pictures and sold hundreds of them... All back in the 90's before Al Gore invented the internets!!!
No I spent weeks sourcing out Kevlar, educated myself about closed cell foam technology, and even incorporated a 10,000 pound per square inch rated plastic into the spine and Kidney areas for added protection! I then drew on 10 plus years of actual "hands on" experience as a Pro Rodeo Bullfighter to design the actual vest itself so it would "break-away" when a horn happened to get under the vest! After I made the first few vests I then took them to Rodeos and tested them! No I didn't sell them to my Friends just because I thought they would work! That wouldn't be right! I litterally wore one of these vest and gave my friends a baseball bat and asked them to pretend the bat was a bulls horn! I literally took a beating LOL to show my friends, and "potential customers" that these vest would work!

When I worked construction I was a Safety officers assistant for several months, and his teachings that stick with me to this day is always look at and protect against the "worst case scenario" and as someone who is willing to make something for a motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) vehicle you should too! I really don't see the difference between racing and just out riding??? Seems I push the limits just as far at my house around the pasture as I do in a race! I just have some friendly competion along for the ride at a race! If you are so thin skinned and defensive over a request for more info then I can only wish you the best of luck... You will need it!!!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:18 am 

Met Bryan, 1frc at a ride spot! Gave him my stock 350 front shocks to use while he waits for a kit... So buy away! I will post video and a ride report in the ride section! We had a blast! Did some majore damage and had a blast!!!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:18 pm 

lutrev wrote:
I have seen many posts looking to improve front shocks on a 350, I have works on mine, and until a person makes the upgrade to A-arms, they are one of the best add-ons you can do to a 350.
Just suprised that no one has jumped on these as 300.00 is a very fair price, and you never see them go cheap on e-bay.
Kawanda, I thank you for making a option available for the 350, which I will probably try out later in the year.

Thank you lutrev. I don't know why people have not jumped all over this!!! lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:10 pm 

If I could afford them at this stage I'd definitely jump on them, but, I'm going to India for a mates wedding in early Feb & have to curb my spending.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:25 pm 

I was able to drive the stretch limo of his and can verify they work extremely well! He has no front fenders so I could watch them closely as I wheeled! I also followed him and his suspension works really well! I will verify they had no leaks and only some wear and tear... cosmetically speaking!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:46 pm 

Turbotexas wrote:
I was able to drive the stretch limo of his and can verify they work extremely well! He has no front fenders so I could watch them closely as I wheeled! I also followed him and his suspension works really well! I will verify they had no leaks and only some wear and tear... cosmetically speaking!

Too bad she's down for the count!!!! :( When you are 6"3 it sure helps that it is streached..lol I had a blast out there riding and look forward to the list of mods I will now be performing. Thanks for letting my test the Pilot out!

1. Randy's seat
2. Delta V force reed's and cage
3. Simpson 4 or 5 point harness
4. Horseshoe colar pad
5. some 22inch tires -I still need to try turbos set he had for me, but I "Killed my poor Oddy" before I had a chance to test
6. Change up the breather system
7. Richin the mid jetting and possibly the Maion jet on the Mukuni 38
8. Get that darn water cooled head to Turbo doesnt leave me in the long stright aways!!!! It's on like Donkey Kong once we get the whole heat issue resolved :)
9. Banchee radiator for the water cooled head
10. Add some padding to the cage
11. pump my compression to about 145ish...
12. Kawandas LT set up--- Especialy since I just destroyed a ball joint on the J arm and beat the hell out of the Tie Rod and busted the darn ball joint on that too!!! lol
13. Might fool around with the extra DG pipe I have if I get bored from not having enogh on my plate.
14. Check my intake boot and replace if nessesary.
15. Change my fuel lines and vaccume line
16. Change the heavy duty spring in the tranny clutch as I belive it is slowing my clutching and preventing my accereration pucker factor since it is way to strong of a spring.
17. Change out the arms in my 102c to the C1 arms and add the red/blue spring and see what happens!
18. Tag Team with Turbo and go and kick some of those Razor S's A%$ since ther were about 14 of those things out there this weekend!!

What a list!!!! Any one need a stock seat with a few rips!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:38 pm 

seatbelt
wrist straps
get it rolling again! I will loan you the tie rod and j arm when I get back from this trip! Order the kit...
work on jetting!!! Your probe might not be in the right spot look into pipe and find the wet ring!!!
install a fan to cool until you get a water cooled head!!!
Did I mention the front brakes??? LOL
post pictures of your carb intake setup so someone can identify it... might have to go back to stock form to fit the airbox
start looking for a used airbox...
clutch tuning comes next then all the other add ons last...
Just my opinion...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:29 pm 

The shocks are still available.... Come and get them!!!!! They are one of the best mods you can do for a stock Fl350........ :)