Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:21 am 

Looks like Weed is selling the Silver Bullet, and with no reserve at Flea Bay. Best of luck Weed!! http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... AUS%3A1123

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:16 am 

Yep selling the silver bullet...... I am restoring a Pilot and another Odyssey 350. Im running out of room in my shop. With 4 Odysseys, my Raptor 700, 3 Troy Built Horse tillers, My ZTR, Blast cablinet, metal lathe, Industrial parts washer, and all my other crap, space is becoming valuable.

I have 36' of 9' tall and 3' deep pallet rack and it is full of $hit. Mainly Pilot and Odyssey parts to the ceiling. I need to clean house but I have been a pack rat ever since I can remember. Its a curse.....

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:09 am 

Id have more shit if I had more room. I have shelfs full of FL350 parts as well. I wanted to get another Pilot cause my girlfriend likes to drive the Pilot, so I am stuck in the FL350 if you will. But I have so many dam 350 parts I really need to keep the 350 for this reason. Ask Adnoh, hes seen my garage, wall to wall guy stuff, 69 camaro taking alot of room, I just cant seem to let it go, I didnt even drive it last summer, what a waste of machinery, lol. Maybe I need to trade it in on a slick Drak Tiger, hey it takes up less room right, then Jenny can have her stinkin Pilot heh heh!!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:59 am 

cwwiedmaier wrote:
Yep selling the silver bullet...... I am restoring a Pilot and another Odyssey 350. Im running out of room in my shop. With 4 Odysseys, my Raptor 700, 3 Troy Built Horse tillers, My ZTR, Blast cablinet, metal lathe, Industrial parts washer, and all my other crap, space is becoming valuable.

I have 36' of 9' tall and 3' deep pallet rack and it is full of $hit. Mainly Pilot and Odyssey parts to the ceiling. I need to clean house but I have been a pack rat ever since I can remember. Its a curse.....

tell me about it :-) I need 3 garages and a self storage bin to hold my stuff-LOL.Good luck on the ody!!!!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:33 am 

If need be weed I'll come over and help clean those parts right out of your garage and into mine. That could be a new business for me. Garge cleaner and parts haul off. I wont even charge you well not that much. Good luck on your sell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:08 pm 

How do you touch up all the rust on powder coated metals?

Looks like the exhaust is blowing on the frame and rear fender, must be pretty rich the rear fender is almost black

Left fender white right fender black

Quote:
No expense was spared and has the best of everything.

No air guides to cool the cylinder?

Attachments:
IMGP4576.jpg
IMGP4576.jpg [ 87.35 KiB | Viewed 484 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:42 pm 

hoser wrote:

Looks like the exhaust is blowing on the frame and rear fender, must be pretty rich the rear fender is almost black

Quote:

Your RZR frame is powdercoated, how do you touch up the rust on it?

I didn't design the FTZ pipe, yes it turned the fender black.....I even state it in the description. Crappy location for the muffler to exhaust, I agree. I run alittle on the rich side always, I prefer longevity over maximum performance.

It doesn't need the air guides, I have ran at Waynoka when it was 105 degrees out and never came close to overheating. And I am a big boy at 250 lbs. The head that I made works great. Now I did build a dome that had 205 PSI compression a while back, and that didn't pan out the way I had hoped. That was on another motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) that I built that I will refresh for a future project.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:47 pm 

adnoh wrote:
If need be weed I'll come over and help clean those parts right out of your garage and into mine. That could be a new business for me. Garge cleaner and parts haul off. I wont even charge you well not that much. Good luck on your sell.

You better bring a big trailer..LOL Ahhh I better keep it, I would probably loose sleep over the whole idea of giving up my hobby. Unless you just wanted to store if for me until I needed it.....then hey, come on over!!!!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:51 pm 

cwwiedmaier wrote:
hoser wrote:

Quote:

It's powdercoated......you don't......

I didn't design the FTZ pipe, yes it turned the fender black.....I even state it in the description. Crappy location for the muffler to exhaust, I agree. I run alittle on the rich side always, I prefer longevity over maximum performance.

It doesn't need the air guides, I have ran at Waynoka when it was 105 degrees out and never came close to overheating. And I am a big boy at 250 lbs.

So you just let the powder coating to continue to rust their is no repairing the paint or matching it? I would think you could do something since
Quote:

I would think you could install a better silencer on that pipe that don't blow on the Odyssey maybe one of them FMF Q silencers, I am suprised you didnt install a Power Pros pipe since
Quote:

One of the things Honda did as part of their recall was install larger air guides... I guess the red plastic would look stupid with the gray paint... Not sure why someone would UPGRADE the cooling system with a liquid cooled head then DOWNGRADE the cooling system by removing the air guides.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:00 pm 

So how do you keep your powdercoating from rusting on your RZR???? Yes Hoser, your frame is powdercoated....earthshattering I know.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:06 pm 

hoser wrote:
cwwiedmaier wrote:
hoser wrote:

Quote:

It doesn't need the air guides, I have ran at Waynoka when it was 105 degrees out and never came close to overheating. And I am a big boy at 250 lbs.

So you just let the powder coating to continue to rust their is no repairing the paint or matching it? I would think you could do something since
Quote:

I would think you could install a better silencer on that pipe that don't blow on the Odyssey maybe one of them FMF Q silencers, I am suprised you didnt install a Power Pros pipe since
Quote:

One of the things Honda did as part of their recall was install larger air guides... I guess the red plastic would look stupid with the gray paint... Not sure why someone would UPGRADE the cooling system with a liquid cooled head then DOWNGRADE the cooling system by removing the air guides.

I am not familiar with the larger air guides recall......you have some info on that? I know the head and cylinder were both recalled, along with the exhaust manifold.

I did have a Power Pros pipe on this machine, but with the Kustom Kraft ported cylinder the FTZ pipe worked alot better. The power pros pipe builds better lower end. The cylinder was ported for higher RPMs and this pipe worked better for that application.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:17 pm 

cwwiedmaier wrote:
hoser wrote:
cwwiedmaier wrote:
hoser wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I am not familiar with the larger air guides recall......you have some info on that? I know the head and cylinder were both recalled, along with the exhaust manifold.

I did have a Power Pros pipe on this machine, but with the Kustom Kraft ported cylinder the FTZ pipe worked alot better. The power pros pipe builds better lower end. The cylinder was ported for higher RPMs and this pipe worked better for that application.

I removed your picture of the head so I don't have to scroll left to right to read a post, feel free to resize the picture and post again.

Their was a whole list of things they changed in the recall, parts in the trans were changed to keep it from splitting the cases, the CDI (Capacitor Discharge Ignition) was changed, larger updated air guides I forget what else their is a list of everything changed here on the site some place I think it was one of the Honda employees that looked up the list then post.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:45 pm 

Weed I do not know about storing them but going through them would be fun like a kid in the candy store. When I was allowed by stixs to come over and play I could not get enough. SO many parts did not know where to start. Share some pics of the pilot project maybe. Can your lathe cut roled threads. Iwas loking at one $1500.00 bucks that's lot of tie rods.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:57 pm 

adnoh wrote:
Weed I do not know about storing them but going through them would be fun like a kid in the candy store. When I was allowed by stixs to come over and play I could not get enough. SO many parts did not know where to start. Share some pics of the pilot project maybe. Can your lathe cut roled threads. Iwas loking at one $1500.00 bucks that's lot of tie rods.

Roled threads? I'm not sure what you mean. The threads I cut in the tie rods I make, I just use stepped taps, one left hand thread and one right hand. If you were desiring male threads my lathe will do it, but they would have to be standard and not metric. I could just use a die and cut those threads.

My old Atlas lathe isn't the most accurate lathe but it works for what I do. Tie rods don't need to be exact.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:45 pm 

cwwiedmaier wrote:
adnoh wrote:

Roled threads? I'm not sure what you mean. The threads I cut in the tie rods I make, I just use stepped taps, one left hand thread and one right hand. If you were desiring male threads my lathe will do it, but they would have to be standard and not metric. I could just use a die and cut those threads.

My old Atlas lathe isn't the most accurate lathe but it works for what I do. Tie rods don't need to be exact.

Rolled threads is where they actually move the metal around to make the threads not cut them like using a threader or die nut sort of like Knurling search the web I am sure you will find all kinds of info its pretty cool I have seen it done in videos.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:10 pm 

"Their was a whole list of things they changed in the recall, parts in the trans were changed to keep it from splitting the cases, the CDI (Capacitor Discharge Ignition) was changed, larger updated air guides I forget what else their is a list of everything changed here on the site some place I think it was one of the Honda employees that looked up the list then post".

Im not sure if this was a recall but the prototype 350 didnt have the litle gold triangular braces and extra bar up front to support the braces for the J arm shafts. I have seen a few 350's roll through Flea Bay with out the extra bracing. They definately need the extra bracing, one of my 350's had both lower J arm shafts slightly bent, would have been a lot worse if the extra bracing wasn't there...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:21 pm 

well it sold for 6550.00,not bad,I think he was asking 7500 on his site.Anybody here buy it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:51 pm 

not me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:21 pm 

redskinman wrote:
well it sold for 6550.00,not bad,I think he was asking 7500 on his site.Anybody here buy it?

Holy snap batman!!! Maybe I should go powder coat my pig of a 350!!!
Glad to see you get that Curtis!!!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:49 am 

redskinman wrote:

Not me I would have bought a Pilot, been some nice ones going for 5k these days.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:05 pm 

Went to a parapalegic gentleman in Ohio.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:31 pm 

stix9567 wrote:
Went to a parapalegic gentleman in Ohio.

Cool someone give him a link to this site ?

Profile E-mail