Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pilot
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:20 pm 

http://rochester.craigslist.org/rvs/1604607152.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:49 pm 

Any thoughts on what this one is worth?

Guy says a total bottom up Engine build then the clutch failed... Says otherwise great shape....
I hate to drive so far for a disappointment. And cant run or ride it either... Says he has the proof of the rebuild though. Also he has started to take it apart for a Engine swap and that makes no sense to me. Buy a clutch after spending all the money on the rebuild, right?

Still tempting... I think I'd enjoy a stock Pilot more than the one I have.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:11 pm 

Have him send some better pictures.

Who rebuilt the Engine?

Stock bore?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:36 pm 

Doesn't say who rebuilt it, this is some of the info I got from him.

"This is stock rebuild was done 6 mos ago—I do have receipt—as soon as I got it back from rebuild my clutch came apart in pcs.---I cant afford to do anything with it re:losing my house if I don’t get cash before march 1st---when the clutch blew ---my neighbor said he would put in a 600 twin with clutch for me—which I was gooiung to do until $ became necessary..---I pulled off the radiator ,exhaust,and fuel tank to prepare for the new motor---but everything is there and in great shape"

"This is all photo- wise I have at this point. It obviously is in need of a good cleaning, but has been in storage in my dusty garage and just needs a good hose down.

Could pull it out into the snow for additional pictures, but it probably won’t show you anything more. There is no hidden damage, etc."

"ball joints go there tight---the tie rods are all new (in/out) ALL is tight w/this unit a-arms /frame/everything is straight---I honestly cant believe this listing is a week old---for this price thought it woulod be gone already—it just goes to show the state of the economy. Tires are ok but could be replaced—it was climbing thru everthing in would take it in and still never stuck----could be that its 700+ lbs. wheel bearing—no play----I did everything needed----now it needs a clutch and I just cant afford to spend any money "

Attachments:
front end honda, 3.jpg
front end honda, 3.jpg [ 78.74 KiB | Viewed 400 times ]
front, side profile honda.JPG
front, side profile honda.JPG [ 88.58 KiB | Viewed 400 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:59 pm 

slf-951 wrote:
Doesn't say who rebuilt it, this is some of the info I got from him.

"This is stock rebuild was done 6 mos ago—I do have receipt—as soon as I got it back from rebuild my clutch came apart in pcs.---I cant afford to do anything with it re:losing my house if I don’t get cash before march 1st---when the clutch blew ---my neighbor said he would put in a 600 twin with clutch for me—which I was gooiung to do until $ became necessary..---I pulled off the radiator ,exhaust,and fuel tank to prepare for the new motor---but everything is there and in great shape"

"This is all photo- wise I have at this point. It obviously is in need of a good cleaning, but has been in storage in my dusty garage and just needs a good hose down.

Could pull it out into the snow for additional pictures, but it probably won’t show you anything more. There is no hidden damage, etc."

"ball joints go there tight---the tie rods are all new (in/out) ALL is tight w/this unit a-arms /frame/everything is straight---I honestly cant believe this listing is a week old---for this price thought it woulod be gone already—it just goes to show the state of the economy. Tires are ok but could be replaced—it was climbing thru everthing in would take it in and still never stuck----could be that its 700+ lbs. wheel bearing—no play----I did everything needed----now it needs a clutch and I just cant afford to spend any money "

Seat is painted black?

Tub all butchered up?

Plastic is all junk or just using a cell phone to take pics?

It looks and sounds like a 2k Pilot with the description and and pictures he has provided, come on he cant spend 20 minutes to clean up around the Pilot and put a white sheet behind it so he can take some clear pictures then complain nobody has bought it yet?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:17 pm 

Only 2k you think? That's deffinetly less than he will go!!! But if he'd take that for it I'd be on my way.
He says he needs cash by tomorrow... So we'll see how much he likes his house over his broken Pilot! I'm kinda waiting for him to shot me a crazy low price just to get some money in his pocket....

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:41 am 

Bring the cash and make sure he see's it, if he is telling the truth about his home any mortage company will accept a interest payment on a mortage,tell him that,it may push him over the edge to sell it. He is selling it due to inpending foreclosure I assume from the thread, work him and get it dun, cash in plain sight is gold when your back against the wall IMO.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:48 am 

For some reason one of his emails said this

"I did everything needed----now it needs a clutch and I just cant afford to spend any money except—mortgage--------sucks----am considering to change listing to possible trades for a small truck w/4wd----or nice boat that needs nothing"

But hows that gonna save your house? That's were I got iffy on this one..... Like a blown clutch is a great excuse to hide a big problem.

Still would like to have a stock one.... Not like you can't just resell it later right...?

Profile E-mail