Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:57 pm 

patient850@myfairpoint.ne wrote:
Sunblock wrote:
patient850@myfairpoint.ne wrote:
Sunblock wrote:
well it certainly is nice, and I am sure you will find someone to take it from you, with a given amount of time, but for each one you see go at a high price I see far more go for less, including all vintage atvs for that matter. We had one locally in very much the same condition go for 2k last year, granted it sold quickly. Since yours has a bent rear rim, I would guess it has been ridden well and may not be what you would consider "museum" grade. Most 350s I have seen in that price range will have a full set of mods and works shocks.

The pilot in your link has many aftermarket parts and is very clean, these items have increased its value, but you cant cite one example and expect it to summarize a trend. Most of us that have been in the hobby for awhile know what these things go for, and I have seen many pilots in the 3-4k range lately.

Bent rim? please. I love how folks try to "discount" the condition or price without seeing it in person. A low hour original is worth more than one modded up. I been around too. And for the fellow who found one for 1500, that looks like a great deal....at least it appears. fl-250's in avg condition get that around here. Blow all the smoke you want, I already refused $4k for it last fall......sight unseen, just pics.....which btw do not do it justice. don't blame me for prices you cant afford, if it was avg, I would have sold it for 2k years ago.

Here's another pic of my bent rims. lol.

there's no need to be nasty and snap insults. If you don't want anyone's opinion you shouldn't post your ad here. Making yourself look like a jerk is not a good way to convince a seller either. I can afford and pay cash for quite a bit more than you might believe, and I didnt reach that status by paying top dollar for everything I own. The bend in the left rear rim is evident from the last pic in your original post. funny you didnt include it in your recent pics. It wont lose the bead or anything, but it makes it obvious it has been ridden, and not just with grandma putting around the yard. I have bent rims like that and I know what type of hit it takes to do it. Like I said, I am sure you will find a buyer give the right amount of time, maybe on ebay, but for me and most folks IMO would rather have a machine that has been completely gone through, restored, rebuilt, modified and is in like new condition. I paid 2k for mine in that shape, but yes it was a good deal. Original sounds great on paper, but rebuilt like new and verified working sounds much better.

I did not post on here for your opinion. And its the bashers that look like jerks, not me. Thanks for your help anyway, I took a deposit on it saturday, despite the devastating "bent" rim which in your opinion suggests its a beater and therefore only worth what you paid for your "beater". A gentleman from VA saw it on atv.com :-)

You need to go over the thread again, I never bashed your post or said it was devastated or a beater. In fact I said it was nice. You are inventing things to try and justify your weak argument,. As I recall I only stated that it was not "museum" quality as you have claimed. considering the pics of your 350 and what you are asking for it my original comments can be best described as tame. In fact I was doing my best to polite, I will no longer. I only noted that the rim was bent, which you denied but now you seem to have accepted. my "beater" 350 cost less than half of yours and is in twice as good of shape. The paint isnt faded, the fenders don't sag ... I could go on all day. I know I have four of them, with two others for parts and among about 10 other vintage atvs. Why then do you persist with your insults and ignorant assumptions? First you claim I cant afford a measly 4500 and then my machine is a beater? sounds like some one needs to grow up and learn how to take some constructive criticism. It seems you need the money more than anyone else or you woul;dnt be trying to cash in on your museum fl350. I was only trying to help you but you seem to be too dense to realize that. Funny, as I predicted no one who really knows these machines ie the people on this board were interested. I wonder why. I wonder what your claimed buyer would think if they read this and saw how much of an ass you are. congrats you ripped someone off, you should be proud of yourself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:41 pm 

I hope the new buyer used paypal so he will be pretected when he recieves his useum piece of Poop...

Profile E-mail