Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:32 pm 

As some of you may already know, I have started my own business. New England Performance Products, LLC. I am an independent dealer for the Amsoil product line. Every oil they manufacture is synthetic and made in the USA. I offer 2 stroke oils, 4 stroke oils for atv's, everyday driver car Engine oil, diesel pickup Engine oil, automatic and manual transmission oils, hydraulic oils, synthetic grease for various applications. There XL line of Engine oil for cars/pickups is a 7,500mile oil change interval, and the ASM oils can go 25,000 miles between oil changes for normal duty and 15,000miles for severe duty. The slight additional cost up front saves you money in the long run as you will do one to two oil changes a year vs four or more. Some of the diesel guys are going over 30,000miles on the same oil. It is highly recommended to perform oil samples if you choose to go the extended drain interval with the diesel oil. There are many good articles on the web site (and some sales pitches too) explaining the different test, results and additives added to their product and the competitions.

Wix filter line - oil/fuel/air filters
Amsoil Filter line - to be used with the extended drain intervals and or normal drain intervals

Here is my website
http://www.lubedealer.com/newenglandper ... /home.aspx" .".." .".." ."..

Feel free to ask any questions and thanks for your support!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:35 pm 

Your not too far from me. I work near Dover plains ny. I'll be sure to let you know when I need something.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:03 pm 

Thanks! We can probably meet up to save on shipping cost. OR get a ride together. I'm over due for a pilot ride.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:26 pm 

Anywhere good to ride near you?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:23 pm 

If you guys see something you want pm me and I can give a pretty good discount and have it drop shipped from the warehouse to save on shipping. The website itself doesn't allow me to give individual discounts, but if you pm me, then I can save you a bit of money.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:04 pm 

I must of missed this frst time around, good deal Mark.

KX King has the PilotOdyssey.com Seal of Approval for being one of the Good Guys! Use Mark without hesitation he is the real deal, and one hell of a mechanic to boot! Trust this Man!!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:33 pm 

Hare wrote:
I must of missed this frst time around, good deal Mark.

KX King has the PilotOdyssey.com Seal of Approval for being one of the Good Guys! Use Mark without hesitation he is the real deal, and one hell of a mechanic to boot! Trust this Man!!!

Same here I missed the post for some reason, I knew he had started a store he had notified me and sent me a link to preview the site.

KX King congratulations on the new business you have been a valued and trusted member here since day one Hare is spot on this guy is a mechanical genius.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:01 am 

Congrat Mark on the new business and ditto what hare and hoser said - you should start "the good guy discount" as you are one and the same.

Good luck, Pilotman!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:11 pm 

Thanks guys for making this a sticky and for the pat on the back.
There is always a "good guy discount" for any member here.
All oil is 10% off whatever the website is showing. I want to do more but the state of CT has a 7% petroleum tax that I have to pay because the business is based in CT. If I didn't have to pay this, then I would have another 7% to give back to the group.
Any non oil products - filters, cold air intakes etc. take 15% off listed prices.

You can pm me for a quote. I will need your full address to complete the quote.

Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:21 pm 

Don't you have a resale certificate? Wouldn't you only pay tax if it was resold in ct? That's how it works in ny. Ny has a stupid Tax like that on tires, $5 per tire. When I order online I just have them shipped to a relative in ct. Stupid taxes!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:53 am 

Yes I have a resale certificate/tax ID, EIN, and articles of organization. I am told by both the state and Amsoil that the resale tax permit does not apply to the "petroleum tax". The state wants to be sure they get their cut, so it automatically comes out on the wholesale side. I do not pay any sales tax. Amsoil reports all the sales to the Department of Revenue services in my state so I have to keep everything straight on my end. Just another way for them to get their hands in our pockets.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:56 am 

I wonder if there is some way around the tax? I guess you would have to study the wording of the petroleum tax. Petroleum usually only refers to any product made out of crude oil including gas/heating oil/propane/plastics. Since amsoil is completely man made it does not contain any petroleum. Too bad they can't sell you the oil for $.01 and charge the rest as a " handling fee" so you only have to pay tax on the $.01. I used to work at an automotive wharehouse and depending on the state, my boss would know exactly how to bill them to avoid stupid taxes like this.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:27 pm 

I now offer products from Magnaflow, dynomax, flowmaster, MSD, superchips, bully dog, edge products, K&N cold air intakes, energy suspension, borla, pacesetter, and AEM. The pricing is very competitive and shipping is very cheap.

Also carrying the entire product line of bulletproofdiesel products such as lifetime warranty egr coolers, for those of you with the 6.0l powerstroke diesels.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:08 am 

Good luck with the new store & I hope business is good for you this coming year.

Here in Australia, I enquired about Amsoil after reading about it on here.

In short, for the price it is here it is definitely not worth it in my book.

I could buy a good high quality synthetic from Castrol at half the price & get more out of it.

No doubt this is a great product, but, as I said, here in Australia it is far too expensive & that was worked out at the 50:1 ratio I read that someone was mixing at on here.

Again, I wish you all the luck with your business & I'm in no way flaming you, your business or the product. I'm just stating that the cost here is totally unfeasible for me to purchase the oil, which is a shame.
Obviously shipping & taxes push the price way up for us.

:-)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:42 pm 

I decided to offer bigger discounts to members here for the spring time. 10% over cost plus tax and shipping. Shoot me a PM for your price shipped to your door. Orders can be drop shipped to your location. Paypal accepted just add 3%. Amsoil will be increasing their prices on May 1 (again) so stock up.

Also selling harnesses, arm restraints, fire protection suits, exhaust systems by magnaflow, gibson - exhaust for UTV's, flowmaster etc, tuning devices to improve fuel mileage by superchips, edge, bullydog.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:58 am 

I ordered some 2-stroke marine oil from Mark for my boat. WOW! great service, great product, fantasctic price (got my "good guy" discount!) and lightning fast shipping. Mark even emailed me to let me know the package was delivered - goood thing because I didn't realized it was sitting at my front door! Can't ask for more than that.

I HIGHLY recommend Mark for all your lubrication needs!

Thanks Mark! I will be contacting you soon for more products.

Pnut

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:09 pm 

Thanks for the good words.
All Amsoil Oils are at dealer cost, plus paypal fees (3%) plus your state sales tax, and shipping. Orders will be drop shipped from warehouses around the country which means shipping time is usually 2 days to most people.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:09 am 

Mark - I posted your info on a boaters forum I joined with a link to your website. I informed buyers to ask for the "good guy discount" (I hope you don't mind). Hopefully it will drive some business your way.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:27 pm 

All Amsoil products are at dealer cost, plus tax, shipping and paypal fees.
PM me with what you need and your address so that I can figure out the shipping and taxes for your state.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:29 pm 

How many of you guys run the amsoil?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:14 pm 

King Kx wrote:

I do, run Amsoil 2 stroke that is run conventional oils in everything else, currently have 2 gallons left in the shop.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:03 pm 

King Kx wrote:

Yeah I do Mark,in hot,dusty downunder racing conditions.Short track and long natural terrain Enduros.
I switched to Amsoil on recomendations from my now deceased ol 2 stroke mechanic Dean.RIP.
He had the best reputation not only as the premier mechanic around my state,but also for his honesty/integrity.
Yes he was an importer/dealer for Amsoil,but that had no bearing :-) on his recomendations to me, my descision.
If it was good enough for Dean,then same for me.
Dean saw more of the insides of engines,and heard more of the owners excuses than anyone.I think about 50-60yrs experience.
He was a mechanical surgeon,and if he was a medical surgeon,he would be the one you'd want operating on you.
He gave me some literature on their proven,documented oil comparisons tests etc to read.

All of my Pilots,Drakart have been on Amsoil since.
After I rebuilt the Drakart's 600 Doo Engine a few years ago,it started with 150PSI...it now after MANY races/hours? still has 150PSI.

Since I've been using Amsoil,never had any oil related probs,and it instills confidence.
So much so,that if I run out,I'm worried about using another diff oil brand. :shock:
Pitty your not closer Mark(move Downunder Mate!) :-) I'd be buying from you for sure...Baz

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:29 pm 

Mark, do you still sell products? I am in need of some Amsoil 2 stroke for my stock.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:04 pm 

Mudbogger wrote:
Mark, do you still sell products? I am in need of some Amsoil 2 stroke for my stock.

I am also looking to get some 4 stroke crankcase oil.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:19 pm 

Yes, I still sell the amsoil. You can pm me with what you are looking for or for questions if you are not sure. Thanks