Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:55 pm 

I started another thread originally about my petcock valve leaking and someone posted a link to a guy on E-bay that was making a rebuild kit. I bought the kit and found that it was not of good quality and thought about making one myself. See post viewtopic.php?f=1&t=14467 I think I have figured out a way to produce the internal parts to make the petcock valve rebuildable. I have located the O-rings on the back and the X-ring/quad-ring that goes around the lever both in quality US made Buna-N rubber. I have two different options on making the internal gasket and am testing to see which way holds more precision. With quality US made stainless screws and everything I think I can get the price to around $15.00 shipped to the continental US. I would need to sell at least 20 to be able to get it to this price. I am trying to find out who would be interested in buying the kit to see if it would be worthwhile to make.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:37 pm 

I'll take 2 sir.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:04 pm 

rmesser wrote:
I'll take 2 sir.

Sounds good. Did you send the eBay one back?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:12 am 

Yes I returned it. Have not received refund yet. Well see what happens.

I'm the only one who wants these? Come on guys for $15.00 you get everything you need to rebuild your gas valve.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:56 pm 

Just a handy tip. I shoe box with some floordry or kitty litter will sit under your pilot and collect any gas BEFORE it can develope a vapor blanket on your garage floor. 24" is the common safety standard for ignition sourses in garage type enviroments but a heavy vapor layer can be lifted to that ignition sourse by foot traffic in the garage or a gust or breeze blowing i under your garage door. Capture the fuel before its a hazard. don't count on the vapor not reaching the pilot on your heater cause it's 24"high.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:41 pm 

I have decided on which route to go for the manufacture of these items but it looks like no one is interested except for myself and rmesser. This is just one more chance to see if anyone does actually want these. I do need at least 20 to cover the minimum order.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:29 pm 

I still am shocked nobody wants these to have on hand just in case. Your products are always top notch. If i had a stock pilot i would buy a couple, but i have no intentions of ever owning a stock pilot... for very long :-) :shock:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:02 pm 

nitrosport_5 wrote:
I still am shocked nobody wants these to have on hand just in case. Your products are always top notch. If i had a stock pilot i would buy a couple, but i have no intentions of ever owning a stock pilot... for very long :-) :shock:

Thanks for putting in a good word nitrosport_5. I totally understand that there are people with Engine swaps but there are still quite a few of us with stock fuel tanks. And once they start leaking your screwed without this part. I was going to put up the money for about 50 sets but my wife was ready to cut my balls off. LMAO

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:10 pm 

Balls! Yikes!!!...THEN you would have a very bad leak! Maybe a diff kit in the making? :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:15 pm 

Update

I received a sample of the petcock rubber at the beginning of August and let it plus the o-ring sample soak in 100 octane fuel to test for the last couple of months. I plan on leaving them in fuel as long as I can but so far so good. These are USA made rubber products but I still want to see if the gas attacks them in any way.

Profile E-mail