Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 402 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:44 pm 

Turbotexas wrote:
hoser wrote:
Turbotexas wrote:
OK Here is the reason my right side steering is locking up...
If you notice the pictures above one tab is built better than the other, wel not built better just braced better... When you ride in the rough stuff like I do there needs to be some better back bracing in the piece you designed to act as a steer stop... Doh and they called me stupid!!!

I gotta give credit to adnoh because he pointed this out to me!!!

Are you still trying to use a hiem joint for a linear bearing?

When I get home I will take better pictures of the wear on the lawyer links...

Hoodlum posted a new design from this bunch of idiots that is going to use a grooved or slotted lawyer ling to reduce "drag" LOL

I don't know what I will come up with for the linier bearing thing... I will do some research of what massody had on his...

That's some dumbass chit right there!

Having grooves will definitely reduce the drag, but it will increase the wear a crapload, probably wear 4 times faster with half the bearing surface.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:47 pm 

Ody_Stable wrote:
Turbotexas wrote:
hoser wrote:
Turbotexas wrote:
OK Here is the reason my right side steering is locking up...
If you notice the pictures above one tab is built better than the other, wel not built better just braced better... When you ride in the rough stuff like I do there needs to be some better back bracing in the piece you designed to act as a steer stop... Doh and they called me stupid!!!

I gotta give credit to adnoh because he pointed this out to me!!!

Are you still trying to use a hiem joint for a linear bearing?

When I get home I will take better pictures of the wear on the lawyer links...

Hoodlum posted a new design from this bunch of idiots that is going to use a grooved or slotted lawyer ling to reduce "drag" LOL

I don't know what I will come up with for the linier bearing thing... I will do some research of what massody had on his...

That's some dumbass chit right there!

Having grooves will definitely reduce the drag, but it will increase the wear a crapload, probably wear 4 times faster with half the bearing surface.

This is called polishing a turd, no matter what you do its still a turd, after 4 years this is the best idea they can come up with, simply amazing!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:50 pm 

They didn't even come up with it themselves...
You posted a link to this several years ago...

http://www.igus.com/drylinr.asp

LMAO

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:58 pm 

Nylon, delrin or any synthetic lined heims, or bushings will actually accelerate wear because they hold the sand and small particles in place to act as abrasives. The only place the have an advantage is where you would normally grease something, exposed grease in the desert or dusty environment is certain death to moving parts.

Most sandrail owners will only use non-lined heims and bushings and replace them fairly often.

If they use something like that it will need replacement on a regular basis, but with as little use as these guys seem to get out of their buggies maybe that really won't be an issue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:45 am 

Turbotexas wrote:
They didn't even come up with it themselves...
You posted a link to this several years ago...

http://www.igus.com/drylinr.asp

LMAO

viewtopic.php?t=3267&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=165

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:04 am 

some chucklenuts at aftershot motorspurts history

Hare

Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:07 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes list looks good, from what your saying hopefully it is fuel related, again if your pretty sure then just hook up a temp tank (plastic 1 gallon gas can zipped tied someplace (becarful and think) and run it the same as when it dies, simple enough.

sorry my bad W.O.T. is Wide Open Throttle
sometimes also refered to as W.F.O. I'll let you figure that one out

chucklenuts at aftershot motorspurts, Live Wire, Steve Bishop (Professional Liar) is all the same guy, he also has a few buddies that pump up his stuff, ATVnut is the main one.

Condensed version is, 5-6 years ago he was just some guy asking simple tech questions kinda like you are, soon after he decided he was an Engine builder and started offering his services, early on he was clueless, it was clear by the questions he asked and the answers he would give, he made a few products such as his bumper and nerfs that are real POS, a few guys paid for them thinking they were on par with stuff from REAL shops like Graydon and so forth but they got took.

This was all cause we were a close bunch of friends and anything said on the old board (Kiowa's P-O.com) was usually asshole proof because we were all guys helping each other to save money. We try to help Steve, he didn't want no parts, we wanted someone to make stuff, just not junk.
Once we were all friends, money, profiteers and Aftersh**t changed that, a big fight ensued, Kiowa and a few others pulled some little girl games with the board and its members, so when Kiowa pulled Hoser's right to admin his own board, hoser and a few of us left the old board to get away from that BS. They blamed it on hoser saying he was starting trouble with people, but they were ones for real. Most of them have gone away or to other places, basically you see who posts and what their motivation is. The rest just don't like hoser's straight up and in your face attitude and have no place else to go to get genuine help from someone not trying to sell them stuff, personally I rather have someone tell me the truth I don't want to here than to kiss my ass and talk behind my back.

Well here we are several years later and we see EXACTLY how it is on the old board, EXACTLY what we said where people are more inclined to steer a noobie in the directions of their friends that are selling. It started with Moskito and he him pumping his buds like ATV Racing http://atvracing1.com/safety.htm, Bore Tech, ect. and then is Aftersho*t, now it has spread to just about anybody there save a few.

I will say for Aftersho*ck that he has finally brought his prices down to decent levels now, before he would charge you list +++, lately looks like hes been knocking prices with the cheapest on ebay.
http://pilotodyssey.com/PO/viewtopic.php?t=2678&start=0

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:06 am 

Well I drug out the ODY today to start the process of getting it ready to ride! First thing is to finally fix the piss poor job that chucklenuts at aftershot motorspurts did in his design and manufacture of this kit!
The basic issue is not how I have these adjusted as suggesested by chucklenuts here...
http://www.minibuggy.net/forum/good-sto ... pilot.html
Even after I showed him that it was impossible for me to have these hiems "too FAR out" as I have them screwed in all the way! No threads showing!!! So that debunks his lame blame turbo game!!!
The reason this Kit kept locking up on me had nothing to do with how this was adjusted or tuned in, but because the Design team at afterthought removed the stock steer stops and replaced them with some flimsey thin metal, then didnt brace it properly!!!
Here are some pictures of how I used to have to un-bend the mounting point for the hiem that stops the steering!
I have some video also but it needs to be reduced...
Basically I am using a 3/4" piece of all-thread to bolt on either side of this piece that keeps bending... It is is hard to get to, especially on all 4's

Attachments:
old 350 fix 001.jpg
old 350 fix 001.jpg [ 55.67 KiB | Viewed 3955 times ]
old 350 fix 002.jpg [60.47 KiB]
Downloaded 294 times
old 350 fix 003.jpg
old 350 fix 003.jpg [ 46.83 KiB | Viewed 3955 times ]
old 350 fix 004.jpg [42.23 KiB]
Downloaded 294 times
old 350 fix 005.jpg
old 350 fix 005.jpg [ 47.4 KiB | Viewed 3955 times ]
File comment: The pictures are old, here are the same tires on the pilot the other day!
old 350 fix 006.jpg [60.75 KiB]
Downloaded 294 times
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:28 am 

What I did today was to cut some 1/4" plate steel to replace the junk 1/8" little brace...

Attachments:
File comment: This side has never locked up...
old 350 fix welding 002.jpg [42.12 KiB]
Downloaded 291 times
File comment: see how this is bent? That is from the Steering stops chucklenuts didn't brace right...
old 350 fix welding 004.jpg [43.57 KiB]
Downloaded 291 times
File comment: the piece I cut to fit!
old 350 fix welding 024.jpg
old 350 fix welding 024.jpg [ 65.76 KiB | Viewed 3952 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:57 am 

OK Here are some more photos...

Attachments:
File comment: this straight edge shows how far this is bent...
old 350 fix welding 011.jpg [45.26 KiB]
Downloaded 277 times
File comment: the other side still straight
old 350 fix welding 013.jpg
old 350 fix welding 013.jpg [ 48.77 KiB | Viewed 3938 times ]
File comment: See how big the corner piece is on the good side?
old 350 fix welding 020.jpg
old 350 fix welding 020.jpg [ 33.17 KiB | Viewed 3938 times ]
File comment: cant see this side???
old 350 fix welding 021.jpg [47.18 KiB]
Downloaded 277 times
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:12 pm 

This should be up shortly!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ujknrmctg8

Thanks for watching!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:11 pm 

Turbotexas wrote:

Thanks for watching!

You crack me up with your how too videos well done.

I had no idea you were bottoming out that nut on the hiem joint as a steering stop, I knew Steve was dumb as a rock but this tops all not only are you NOT suppose to use a hiem joint as a linear bearing your NOT suppose to apply shocks loads to them or side loads like you are for a steering stop, how dumb, is this really the best he could design every time I look at that mess I see more jackassery.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:51 pm 

I am glad you enjoy My Videos! LOL

Attachments:
File comment: The finished product
old 350 fix welding 032.jpg
old 350 fix welding 032.jpg [ 54.01 KiB | Viewed 3911 times ]
old 350 fix welding 033.jpg [52.6 KiB]
Downloaded 253 times
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:09 pm 

Turbotexas wrote:

Thanks for watching!

put some hair on it and you'll find the hole.........

Hoser is right I cant believe they would run a heim like that, not only should it not be used as a slip joint I cant believe the nut on the steering shaft just slams into the heim for a steering stop, the heim has to much leverage being applied to it plus what happens when the nut on the shaft eats up the heim and make the shaft seize in the heim?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:17 pm 

Turbo,

can you run a washer (single red line) or a half nut (zigzag line) without putting the steering in a bind?

This would move the heim closer to the mount thus creating less leverage.

Attachments:
Heim.jpg
Heim.jpg [ 53.33 KiB | Viewed 3906 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:20 pm 

Well according to chucklenuts I have the hiem too far out>??? So I have thought about shaving the nuts down to a thinner size???

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:25 pm 

I guess the proper term is jam nut.

http://www.google.com/products/catalog? ... 8wIwADgA#p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:34 pm 

Turbotexas wrote:
Well according to chucklenuts I have the hiem too far out>??? So I have thought about shaving the nuts down to a thinner size???

didnt the kit come with the proper heims with the proper nuts?

don't try grinding your nuts down it will take for ever,you can get jam/half nuts almost anywhere. you can take the top nut off all together and put a thick flat washer in its place but I don't know if that would put the steering in a bind you would have to check it.

but the closer you can get the heim to the mount the better because it equals less leverage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:36 pm 

I think its going to have to have the jam nut up there to hold it in place... the angle needs to stay square to the stop...

afastcar wrote:
Turbotexas wrote:

didnt the kit come with the proper heims with the proper nuts?

don't try grinding your nuts down it will take for ever,you can get jam/half nuts almost anywhere. you can take the top nut off all together and put a thick flat washer in its place but I don't know if that would put the steering in a bind you would have to check it.

but the closer you can get the heim to the mount the better because it equals less leverage.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:56 pm 

I hope this works... so I don't have to download on boobtube

Attachments:

fix hiems.wmv [ 1.99 MiB | Viewed 3929 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:09 pm 

Turbotexas wrote:
I hope this works... so I don't have to download on boobtube

Go look at the steering under your pickup your just going to make a drag link setup like a lot of cars and trucks have or like ATV Racing uses, this is what should have been done to start with this crap sliding a rod through a hiem trying to emulate what a rack and pinion does is just plain stupid.

viewtopic.php?t=1431&highlight=hauss+steering

viewtopic.php?t=7094&highlight=hauss+steering

Plenty of others has done this already on their Pilots load that POS up and take it to andoh's house and do it, on the way home swing by dipshits house and throw that shit he sold you through his front window.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:58 pm 

Tell him "keep the change you filthy animal" LMAO :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:10 pm 

Well aftrer re inforcing the cheesy bracing and buying a heavy duty hiem, I have started to put this back together! The first thing I noticed is a 1/8" difference in the hole and the hiem bolt size! Such sloppy tolerance are to be expected from chucklenuts at aftershot motorspurts!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:48 pm 

here are some pictures... Below are the pictures of what I was refering to earlier... Why is there 1/8" inch or .10 inch on my caliper? That's a lot of slop and as muchg as chucklenuts at aftershot motorspurts blamed ME for not having this set up right all I can say is he should have done a better job of putting the right size holes in this mess...

Attachments:
File comment: here is the gap I was talking about...
from phone sept 144.jpg
from phone sept 144.jpg [ 255.46 KiB | Viewed 3739 times ]
File comment: you would think with all the blame game chucklenuts at aftershot motorspurts did he would have had a better fit than this
from phone sept 145.jpg
from phone sept 145.jpg [ 225.14 KiB | Viewed 3739 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:58 pm 

These Hiems were bought from ATVRacing in Phoenix... They are a heavier duty item and cost maybe 10 dollars more each!!! So why does chucklenuts at aftershot motorspurts charge $2700.00 and cheapskate over something like this...

Attachments:
from phone sept 143.jpg
from phone sept 143.jpg [ 315.4 KiB | Viewed 3739 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:04 pm 

OK So a while back I braced the big sloppy hole that chucklenuts at aftershot motorspurts provides with this kit! Now I have some heavy duty quality hiems, unlike the crap aftershcok provides with this $2700.00 kit... Now I have installed a way to return the steering stops to the odyssey!

Attachments:
from phone sept 147.jpg
from phone sept 147.jpg [ 319.4 KiB | Viewed 3738 times ]
from phone sept 006.jpg [55.7 KiB]
Downloaded 80 times
 Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 402 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next