Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 402 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:49 pm 

Good link, Thanks... I will SOMEDAY need these links, as I will HOPEFULLY trust this vehicle enough again to ride it... I must admit I am a tad bit on the leary side of the design, after how quickly some of his associates are throwing "kits" on the market with only 30 minutes, At best test time... After witnessing the arguements related to a vender logging 50 hours of test and tuneing, and another vender throwing a very similar copy on the market after only one vehicle being used as a mark up test... I am leary of the trade practices and principals of the Designers from Michigan... I hope after 50 hours of driving around my yard I might be able to take the PPE back out to the desert riding places I have posted about on this site...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:17 pm 

Turbotexas wrote:
Good link, Thanks... I will SOMEDAY need these links, as I will HOPEFULLY trust this vehicle enough again to ride it... I must admit I am a tad bit on the leary side of the design, after how quickly some of his associates are throwing "kits" on the market with only 30 minutes, At best test time... After witnessing the arguements related to a vender logging 50 hours of test and tuneing, and another vender throwing a very similar copy on the market after only one vehicle being used as a mark up test... I am leary of the trade practices and principals of the Designers from Michigan... I hope after 50 hours of driving around my yard I might be able to take the PPE back out to the desert riding places I have posted about on this site...

Every steering shaft I ever seen turns not slides... I think a quick call is all it would take to see if your suppose to be sliding a shaft through them or not....

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:20 pm 

Any feed back reports, now you have the SS tie rods are they wearing out like the wrong ones mutt sent you?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:40 pm 

Well I finally got enough nerve to try a little jumping this past weekend, and now I have TWO LOWER BALL JOINTS BENT??? These are $25.00 each from napa, so I have had to leave the buggy at home once again!!! Thanks Again chucklenuts at aftershot motorspurts motorsports!!! My confidence in the safety of this kit goes back down to 0%!!! It had only 15-20 hours of ride time according to my tiny tach. I had gotten to about a 20% trust in this ki, but didn't like having to change toe constantly!!! I will post pics when I get home...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:07 pm 

Turbotexas wrote:
Well I finally got enough nerve to try a little jumping this past weekend, and now I have TWO LOWER BALL JOINTS BENT??? These are $25.00 each from napa, so I have had to leave the buggy at home once again!!! Thanks Again chucklenuts at aftershot motorspurts motorsports!!! My confidence in the safety of this kit goes back down to 0%!!! It had only 15-20 hours of ride time according to my tiny tach. I had gotten to about a 20% trust in this ki, but didn't like having to change toe constantly!!! I will post pics when I get home...

Constantly having to change the toe end because the ball joints were bending?

Maybe you need to use the ball joints Stoneman is using?

What is the application for the ball joints your currently using perhaps their is a brand that is better than the brand your currently using?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:20 pm 

Ball joints are a new problem!!! toe change from day one... back to how much car has settled while I'm in it??? I guess I'll have to take it to Mi. and pay chucklenuts at aftershot motorspurts.com to fix it right??? Must be some of that Michigan repeat business plan...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:24 pm 

hoser wrote:
Turbotexas wrote:

Constantly having to change the toe end because the ball joints were bending?

Maybe you need to use the ball joints Stoneman is using?

What is the application for the ball joints your currently using perhaps their is a brand that is better than the brand your currently using?

federal mugal... good brand, ATV mechanic at track asked why nuts aren't behind a-arm to hold in place???

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:01 pm 

Quote:
federal mugal... good brand, ATV mechanic at track asked why nuts aren't behind a-arm to hold in place???

Call and ask chucklenuts at aftershot motorspurts motorsports

I would look for stronger.

Have you read this yet?

http://pilotodyssey.com/PO/viewtopic.ph ... ball+joint

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:47 pm 

Life has been coming at me Fast Lately and I apologize for not getting these sooner!!!
Here is the Part that is Bent???

Attachments:
File comment: Who Makes them...
moog002.JPG
moog002.JPG [ 41.18 KiB | Viewed 3465 times ]
File comment: The cut-a-way view...
moog003.JPG
moog003.JPG [ 35.21 KiB | Viewed 3465 times ]
File comment: The actual part number...
Anyone know how to reverse locate the part???
ES2074R now all four were Right hand thread

moog004.JPG
moog004.JPG [ 38.74 KiB | Viewed 3465 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:00 pm 

Of course that was just the parts box that these came in...LOL The box aint BENT...
These shpould show what happened... which leaves the two holes in the spindle more verticle than before... I even went through the trouble to lift this on the back so it was straight up in the air so the guys who have the track. who also have ODY's could see what was going on... They know for a fact that I haven't "jumped" this thing yet as I do not trust it yet, and feel uncomfortable being a guinia pig!!!

chucklenuts at aftershot motorspurts has not sent me any better detailed instructions of technical updates to date, just hope we "guess" right...

Attachments:
File comment: It will be the lower joint in ALL pictures...
bent ball joints001.JPG
bent ball joints001.JPG [ 40.46 KiB | Viewed 3462 times ]
File comment: This is out of focus where it is needed, but you can see a little
bent ball joints002.JPG
bent ball joints002.JPG [ 40.65 KiB | Viewed 3462 times ]
File comment: I set the car up in the center of my trailer which has long boards that help in the visual alignment of the components, you can see the black Frame to the trailer and how out of square these are..
bent ball joints003.JPG
bent ball joints003.JPG [ 40.92 KiB | Viewed 3462 times ]
File comment: this is the left/drivers side and is not as bent as the other side...
bent ball joints004.JPG
bent ball joints004.JPG [ 43.97 KiB | Viewed 3462 times ]
File comment: This is probably the best shot yet...
bent ball joints005.JPG
bent ball joints005.JPG [ 44.61 KiB | Viewed 3462 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:04 pm 

They are bent and the rubber is dry rot and splitting that's some quality parts your using... I would look for something better or another brand.

Other afterthought owners bending theirs too?

No doubt its all your fault. :shock:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:10 pm 

hoser wrote:
They are bent and the rubber is dry rot and splitting that's some quality parts your using... I would look for something better or another brand.

Other afterthought owners bending theirs too?

No doubt its all your fault. :shock:

Wel he claims to have sold 50+++ sets of these but I know of only two, besides the two sets Mudbogger bought??? I guess these people became discusted with the sport as I ALMOST did and just got rid of or parked their ride in a barn... I am just to stubborn to give up that easy???

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: ASMS
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:17 pm 

WTF.....I have rubbers on my odys that are almost as old as me and look wayyyyy better than those.....Maybe he will sell you an upgrade kit for cromoly ends.....

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:11 am 

Wait!

Those rubber boots were supplied by aftersnot? WTF!!!!!

How could they look that bad already? You been parking your Ody in the artic circle where there's no ozone to block the sun's rays?

Post subject: Re: ASMS
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:29 am 

cwwiedmaier wrote:
WTF.....I have rubbers on my odys that are almost as old as me and look wayyyyy better than those.....Maybe he will sell you an upgrade kit for cromoly ends.....

I do not believe he will be selling me much of anything... As Rude as he has been on other boards with the name calling etc. http://www.minibuggy.net/modules.php?na ... c&start=45
I don't think he likes me??? It's a shame too as I have done lots of Mods and spent a ton of Money to get what I want... Although now I don't trust the ride I have... scared it will fall apart at 50mph+++
through all this crap he has only thrown out Hoodlum, ATVNUT and Motoboatman??? as Happy customers??? All three of them are Pilot owners, I am not sure if any went on a 350??? When I had my Custom Saddlery Shop I had a handful of Customers who VOLONTARILY gave me permission to give out their contact info for customer reviews (before the internets took off...) I just find it amazing that people are not chipping in there comments or help in this project...
Here are some of the mods...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e4kUP6DKn4 982 views
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCadinoDZJc 1208 views

Just think of the positive advertising he missed out on!!! Haaa

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:52 am 

3 out of 50 speaking up says ALOT about his product.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:23 am 

Its funny you mention ATVnut and his 350 with the long travel kit. He has it for sale on another board.........

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:16 am 

cwwiedmaier wrote:
Its funny you mention ATVnut and his 350 with the long travel kit. He has it for sale on another board.........

Oh was his long travel kit on a 350??? Please provide a link. I need to buy this one so I can see in detail how this is supposed to actually be done... I am sure the designer Steve "Junkyard Wars" Bishop was very helpful in the application of his kits to one of his friends... Me being a Hoserite and all sure has me in a Pickle...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:18 pm 

Turbo, you really need to give it a rest. I am sorry you got a bad deal, but every part I have bought from Steve was good, and when I had a problem. He sent me a brand new part. I have seen the LT kit on a 350, I do not know why yours didnt go as planned, but my friends was done with my help in about 7 hours and we haven't had one problem yet (cept a tie-rod breaking on a rock)

P.S- I could not get a reply from DuneHopper, but I should see him again on the thanksgiving ride.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:16 pm 

Yeah, don't complain about paying so much for something worth so little.

Suck it up, be a man!

Wuss!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:41 pm 

Twilight wrote:
Turbo, you really need to give it a rest. I am sorry you got a bad deal, but every part I have bought from Steve was good, and when I had a problem. He sent me a brand new part. I have seen the LT kit on a 350, I do not know why yours didnt go as planned, but my friends was done with my help in about 7 hours and we haven't had one problem yet (cept a tie-rod breaking on a rock)

P.S- I could not get a reply from DuneHopper, but I should see him again on the thanksgiving ride.

He paid for the right to voice his opinion and to be mad about his purchase and the crappy customer service since DAY ONE of his purchase, I think its pretty rotten you would ask him NOT to vent and INFORM others about his problems and LACK of customer service..

Steve went WAY OUT OF HIS WAY to ignore Turbo!

Steve ASSumed a bunch of stuff then tried to punish Turbo!

Steve sent out his Michigan mafia henchmen to ATTACK Turbo whilst ignoring Turbos legitimate questions!

Steve once again LIED hence the modified nickname LIEwire!

You like LIEwire go hang with him!

You don't like people picking on others like Steve that have done others wrong LEAVE here and NEVER come back go to MY OLD SITE where NOBODY is allowed to say anything negative or tell it like it really is.

I have no ill feelings towards you and I GREATLY RESPECT and value your opinion how ever I in case you cant figure it out really struck a nerve when you COME HERE AND TRY TO tell Turbo to "give it a rest"!

I would like to see everything you have bought from Steve and analyze it to see what you really have, you can start by listing what you have bought then documenting to us how many hours you have put on his parts, maybe toss out some trips you been on pics etc. no doubt you know what ratio you mix your oil and how many gallons of two stroke oil you consume a year etc.

Again no hard feelings here, Turbo has earned the right to rant and cry all he wants, here is a tip for you when you see a post and Turbo has replied just don't read it, I do this all the time its real easy...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:19 pm 

Twilight wrote:

Twilight -have you posted anything on your kit here by chance?Please do, it is always great to hear other ody riders testing on products.I was 1 of the first to buy a kit, I was 1 of the first to post on this kit and I was 1 of the first to be BLACKBALLED by vendors due to it.Turbo is right-the kit is inferior in many ways.Do a search, my postings are here.I do hope you havent had any issues with your kit-but you will.It is a matter of time till the tie rod end will snap, the front mounts on the bottom tube will stress crack where the nuts are welded onto them(great design btw)you havent had any issues with setting up the front end? ,most buyers do not have a clue as to how to set up there front ends at all-thats why there isnt any postings on it, the kit is geared to a newbie who bolts it on thinking theres ni adjustments needed-I havent seen any of the 50+ kits ever posted except for me and turbo-please if you have any info on the kit let us know cause in my opinion it isnt worth the money at all.
Steve would send you a gold watch as any type of good feedback for him these days is money in the bank, he has a target on his back due to this kit and other items/services he has been pawning off to the ody/pilot community-dont you see that?goodness gracious that so apparent-BTW the new part was the part and the shipping free?you bought a new kit or used from Bishop Enterprises?
Steve will spin a web like he has before on this subject-it appears you have been caught in the web.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:55 pm 

Twilight wrote:

Were you backing up and hit this rock??? The tie rods are behind both a-arms and virtually impossible to hit something with out tearing up the A-arms first??? Could you show us some pictures??? Ask your friend who has this kit to join us and maybe he could throw me some pointers... All I really asked for in the beginning... Now it's all about EDUCATING newbies as I was very wet behind the ears (Go ask your Dad what that means) when I bought this kit... I talked to one person who had sold her Ody with this set up and she was somewhat happy, but never explained why she sold it...

twilight I can tell by reading PREVIOUS post by you that you are still quite young... and this is not a bad thing... What is a Bad thing is that I had a really enjoyable ride that went everywhere with me across this country so I could enjoy myself offroading... http://pilotodyssey.com/PO/viewtopic.php?t=3550 just one of many places I have been... If you had read this report you would see that I was constantly adjusting the toe on this thing and BLINDLY adjusting it at that... Steve Has NEVER OFFERED TO HELP adjust this or give me any kind of advise/customer service or set up tips... He just continues to let fools like those that really did nothing but sling trash while I was sincerely looking for help run there mouth... After so much of the name calling I finally had had enough... I have had some head injuries when I was a young Rodeo Clown and in the last 5 years I am really seeing the affects of these concussions. My mental capacity is not as sharp as it used to be... (Deans list 1.5 years in Collage. top 10% of the country in SAT scores in the year I graduated high school... teachers thought I cheated and made me take it a second time...LOL still smoked em!!!) but lately it's becoming harder and harder for me to keep a good thought process tied down for very long... So when some guy I just gave a lot of Money to (No I am not rich) Calls me stupid I take it personal...
This is being Documented in this and other forums so if I am found Dead in a pile of Odyssey ruble, and it is because I wrecked at 50-60 mph when a front end failure is to cause my Family will know what happened... Plain and Simple...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:20 am 

The tire rod broke when he landed on a rock, a-arm was bent, but bent back to tell you the truth. I am only 20, but I do have respect. Steve is a good guy that has helped with whatever I have needed. I think the reason why he neglected in your case was the off-the-bat bashing you did.

I also might be young, but in my past 5 years I went from grunt worker to lead supervisor at the largest produce distributor in the NW. I also am not rich..haha far from it.

If you do want, I can ask him to post here. Not a guarantee, but I will ask. I have the Nerf Bars, had the front bumper and rear bumper (sold them cause I didnt like the look) None of the products in the year and a half that I had them broke or were loose, and that's after doing 20ft jumps at the local track, falling into ditches and rolling it a few times into trees and one time a rock. Also that's with my friend driving it and blowing out the tires and according to him fell off a small cliff. Ruined my tires and dented a nerf bar, but they never moved or broke.

The front bumper took some small impacts but nothing large thankfully, not much but some dents. Rear was fine no matter what I hit or slammed into (tree's)

As for experience with installing things... im not smart at all, heh I use a lot of force and re-doing over and over on anything to get it right. Heck today i was so cheap I used a dremel on a headlight bulb to make it fit into the socket on the 350.

Sorry if I struck a nerve, its just I don't like people bashing one another. I dealt with it on a site I modded at (Gaia) and its stupid. I'll just shut up from now on.

-Twilight

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:39 am 

"The tire rod broke when he landed on a rock, a-arm was bent, but bent back to tell you the truth. I am only 20, but I do have respect. Steve is a good guy that has helped with whatever I have needed. I think the reason why he neglected in your case was the off-the-bat bashing you did".

That what I mean Twilight-thank you.that's what is needed for others,imput.I think you get my idea now.

" I also might be young, but in my past 5 years I went from grunt worker to lead supervisor at the largest produce distributor in the NW. I also am not rich..haha far from it."

As far as you being young, that's not an issue.Young or old, imput is needed and wanted for this kit.

"If you do want, I can ask him to post here. Not a guarantee, but I will ask. I have the Nerf Bars, had the front bumper and rear bumper (sold them cause I didnt like the look) None of the products in the year and a half that I had them broke or were loose, and that's after doing 20ft jumps at the local track, falling into ditches and rolling it a few times into trees and one time a rock. Also that's with my friend driving it and blowing out the tires and according to him fell off a small cliff. Ruined my tires and dented a nerf bar, but they never moved or broke."

Please ask him to post-we apprec any imput from anyone on any item that is an "upgrade" for our hobby.Your postings on the performance of in this case Steve Bishops front end kit are welcomed any time.

"The front bumper took some small impacts but nothing large thankfully, not much but some dents. Rear was fine no matter what I hit or slammed into (tree's)As for experience with installing things... im not smart at all, heh I use a lot of force and re-doing over and over on anything to get it right. Heck today i was so cheap I used a dremel on a headlight bulb to make it fit into the socket on the 350."

Hell I am a truck driver-LMAO!!! I can't even spell right these days.As far as the dremel, that's nasty bro-send me an email, I'll send you a bulb for that light-no need to dremel it out-LOL.SERIOUSLY, SEND ME AN EMAIL FOR PARTS-I HAVE MANY .

"Sorry if I struck a nerve, its just I don't like people bashing one another. I dealt with it on a site I modded at (Gaia) and its stupid. I'll just shut up from now on."

Well, you may have done that but your apology and sincereness is apprec.I just don't like people bashing Turbo for his honesty involving Bishop Enterprises and his products, most guys just take the approach that if they say stuff, they'll get blackballed, nobody will help them, the "darkside" as we so like to call them will do anything to discredit anybody that stands in there way-they care about the dirty $$$ not the products.There is no reason to shut up, please do not think for a minute you should, posting here increases everybodies awareness of products,vendors, upgrades that may help or hurt the communityand is very usefull to all here.

Regards Mudbogger

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 402 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17  Next