Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:03 pm 

I thought that saying came from sheep herders!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:27 pm 

Ody_Stable wrote:
I thought that saying came from sheep herders!

Haaa that's funny!!! You Goatroper you!!!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:03 am 

Well I will have to order a new radiator, this was unrepairable... Took it to 2 shops and they didn't want to mess with it... I need to find a grafix kit that say's Money Pit!!!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:43 am 

Turbotexas wrote:
Well I will have to order a new radiator, this was unrepairable... Took it to 2 shops and they didn't want to mess with it... I need to find a grafix kit that say's Money Pit!!!

Check evilbay

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:40 am 

hoser wrote:
Turbotexas wrote:

Check evilbay

NO I have seen to many people dump there trash on other unsuspecting people...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:12 pm 

I might have to try e-pay... Honda oem is $286.00 for just one half of the Radiator...Yikes... I believe it's time for some muratic acid and JB Weld!!! It's just in a hard spot to get to...

Turbotexas wrote:
hoser wrote:
Turbotexas wrote:

Check evilbay

NO I have seen to many people dump there trash on other unsuspecting people...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:38 pm 

here is where it leaks...

Attachments:
dakotas radiator001.JPG
dakotas radiator001.JPG [ 45.77 KiB | Viewed 3102 times ]
dakotas radiator002.JPG
dakotas radiator002.JPG [ 51.66 KiB | Viewed 3102 times ]
dakotas radiator003.JPG
dakotas radiator003.JPG [ 48.07 KiB | Viewed 3102 times ]
dakotas radiator004.JPG
dakotas radiator004.JPG [ 31.69 KiB | Viewed 3102 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:45 pm 

Is the radiator aluminum?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:05 pm 

the Radiator shop thought it was to much work so I guess this will be my next bit of grief in my life... I will clean and trim away what I have to do get to this leak, and then either JB weld it... or take it back to radiator shop so he can weld it... it is in a tight spot and I see why the lazy arse didn't want to mess with it...
Looks like a pipe cleaner ans=d some muratic acid to clean kunk off...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:06 pm 

hoser wrote:
Is the radiator aluminum?

yes!!!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:30 pm 

Well I found a tip cleaner to fit into the spot and I beleive I got it cleaned up enough to slap a gop of JB Weld into there the hole was... I will have to let it sit a few days and the use my leakdown tester to pump about 7 pounds into it to see if it holds... I will have to check the Radiator cap to verify pressure... I sure hope this turns our luck around on this cotton picken bike!!!

Attachments:
jbweld001.JPG
jbweld001.JPG [ 58.83 KiB | Viewed 3054 times ]
jbweld002.JPG
jbweld002.JPG [ 45.38 KiB | Viewed 3054 times ]
jbweld003.JPG
jbweld003.JPG [ 51.23 KiB | Viewed 3054 times ]
jbweld004.JPG
jbweld004.JPG [ 37.24 KiB | Viewed 3054 times ]
jbweld005.JPG
jbweld005.JPG [ 45.42 KiB | Viewed 3054 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:31 am 

Well it's good to finally use a product and be able to report good results!!! Good ol' JB Weld!!!
The bike ran flawlessly today at the track, and the kid is still getting used to the sand and burms... he finally found the pipe and see's it's easier to power out of a burm... went thru 2 front brake lever's today from sinking front tire in deep... Should have left them off cause he ate dirt a few times from going to the front brakes in a turn??? He's a quick learner so I these will last till I can get him some acerbis gaurds!!!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:32 am 

Here is where he's riding at, great track...
http://www.cycleranchmx.com/
turbo

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:55 am 

Turbotexas wrote:
Well it's good to finally use a product and be able to report good results!!! Good ol' JB Weld!!!
The bike ran flawlessly today at the track, and the kid is still getting used to the sand and burms... he finally found the pipe and see's it's easier to power out of a burm... went thru 2 front brake lever's today from sinking front tire in deep... Should have left them off cause he ate dirt a few times from going to the front brakes in a turn??? He's a quick learner so I these will last till I can get him some acerbis gaurds!!!

Glad to see it working but review your work, if it leaks or burst will it spray your kid if so maybe you can fab a spray shield to divert the spray if the JB fails?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:40 am 

hoser wrote:
Turbotexas wrote:

Glad to see it working but review your work, if it leaks or burst will it spray your kid if so maybe you can fab a spray shield to divert the spray if the JB fails?

I pressure tested this to 16 lbs. and held air fine. I believe the gas tank and radiator schroud will keep this from getting him wet...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:58 am 

Turbotexas wrote:
hoser wrote:
Turbotexas wrote:

I pressure tested this to 16 lbs. and held air fine. I believe the gas tank and radiator schroud will keep this from getting him wet...

Its not the pressure test I worry about its the heat cycles they are dissimilar materials and expand at different rates so I assume sooner or later the JB will lose adhesion or crack?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:51 pm 

well glad to report the JB weld is still holding up!!! I even had to repeat the process on the other side. Now if I could just keep the rest of the bike holding up!!! LOL
Since last report I have drop alot into this... with good results... mostly maintanance items like rubber chain sliders/guides an FMF pipe and silencer, new throttle body for handle bar, new ASV break proof levers, New Chain sprockets. The boy had a real serious crash and burn last week. Cracked the Honda Power Port cover and when I removed to replace found the head bolt totally off the stud!!! I retightened and forgot to add locktite... Well at this weeks race. his Second one he was smoking hot... Passing many as he ate his way to the top of the field. I was proud of the way he was rideing, I had never seen him be so aggressive at the track during the many trips there to practice!!!
Needless to say that locktite deal cost him a finish in the race... After three of the four laps were completed the bike just quit on him!!! He wore himself out kicking the thing to get it started and colapsed from the effort!!! We pushed it to get it started but it reved so high I knew something was wrong so I pushed it back to the truck... I walked off to use the restroom and when I came back he was trying to take apart the throttle cable assembly???? I asked wtf are you doing!!!??? He told me he and his uncle pushed it down the hill and got it started but the throttle was stuck!!! I was madder than a hornets nest by now!!! I got the bike torn down and did a leakdown test and sure as heck I didn't need soapy water! I could hear the air hissing out of the side and seen the wore out base gasket flapping!!! with only 7 PSI injected!!!
I believe I will replace the piston, and hone this jug. The guy who of course sells the stuff at the track tells me that these jugs are not borable? something to do with nickle plating or something? I am not sure exactly what he was refering to... I don't have a caliper yet to go inside the head so I might take it to SA and have a guy measure and order me the right piston. and hone it... I don't see enough damage to justify spending almost 400 for a new jug!!! I will buy a newer bike before I dump that much into it... here are some pic's... The kid is bugging me about sending it up to Hoser to have it "hoserized" LOL

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:03 am 

here are some pics

Attachments:
File comment: sight of blow out
cr125 teardown012.JPG
cr125 teardown012.JPG [ 41.24 KiB | Viewed 3109 times ]
File comment: I am not excited about the silicone stuff on the case cover... and you can see the bolt that I forgot to use locktite on...
cr125 teardown013.JPG
cr125 teardown013.JPG [ 44.99 KiB | Viewed 3109 times ]
File comment: funny burn pattern on piston
cr125 teardown016.JPG
cr125 teardown016.JPG [ 45.24 KiB | Viewed 3109 times ]
File comment: a shot of the dome with a new plug
cr125 teardown018.JPG
cr125 teardown018.JPG [ 44.25 KiB | Viewed 3109 times ]
File comment: not a pretty scratch or wear mark
cr125 teardown023.JPG
cr125 teardown023.JPG [ 34.96 KiB | Viewed 3109 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:17 am 

and some of the lower end...

Attachments:
cr125 teardown026.JPG
cr125 teardown026.JPG [ 36.21 KiB | Viewed 3107 times ]
File comment: picking pieces out of everywhere
cr125 teardown027.JPG
cr125 teardown027.JPG [ 41.95 KiB | Viewed 3107 times ]
cr125 teardown028.JPG
cr125 teardown028.JPG [ 46.24 KiB | Viewed 3107 times ]
File comment: NO I didn't put these scratch marks here!!!
cr125 teardown035.JPG
cr125 teardown035.JPG [ 45.42 KiB | Viewed 3107 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:45 am 

If it starts to leak again at track and hes need to race. Put two eggs and 12oz of coke in it as it comes up to temp it will seal it up for the moto.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:52 am 

That funny burn pattern is a cylinder that's need to be cleaned up on the intake and transfer ports, by chance does the pipe have a area that's bent in. Nice to see the kid is having fun. Watch your tools before you know it he'll be wrench it him self. Try to be supportive and if need be walk away and have a good laugh. I rember my first set of snapon tools. I thought now I can be a wrencher and tore evrything apart. My dad spent a lot of time putting thing back together shaking his head the whole time while my mom just laughed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:19 pm 

His first pipe did have some major dents mid way thru the expansion chamber... MAJOR dents... I am hoping I can take it to a guy in San Antonio who can hone it and measure the bore for a piston... if not I'll have to just get the same size piston and cross my fingers...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:11 pm 

Turbotexas wrote:
His first pipe did have some major dents mid way thru the expansion chamber... MAJOR dents... I am hoping I can take it to a guy in San Antonio who can hone it and measure the bore for a piston... if not I'll have to just get the same size piston and cross my fingers...

Cast iron sleeve or is this a plated cylinder?

Clean the cylinder inside with carb cleaner then take some detail pics of the whole cylinder walls, ports etc. please

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:00 am 

It's a 1996, so I am not sure if they were plated back then or not??? I have been told that the plated jugs are not borable and if they go bad you have to buy a new one...
I have no way of knowing by looking???

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:23 am 

Turbotexas wrote:
It's a 1996, so I am not sure if they were plated back then or not??? I have been told that the plated jugs are not borable and if they go bad you have to buy a new one...
I have no way of knowing by looking???

that's why I wanted the pictures after you clean it.

The plated cylinders are tough as hell it takes alot to damage them, you can get them plated and repaired cost is the biggest factor.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next