Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...


PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png PilotOdyssey.com V2.0   
It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:46 am
Posts: 5244
Location: Seguin, TX (near San Antonio)
OK Here are some pic's I won't know how the come out till they are out there... I can see what I THINK is cross hatching on the lower end, the end that goes into the case...


Attachments:
inside jug001.JPG
inside jug001.JPG [ 34.25 KiB | Viewed 750 times ]
inside jug002.JPG
inside jug002.JPG [ 30.08 KiB | Viewed 750 times ]
inside jug003.JPG
inside jug003.JPG [ 35.43 KiB | Viewed 750 times ]
inside jug004.JPG
inside jug004.JPG [ 27.88 KiB | Viewed 750 times ]
inside jug006.JPG
inside jug006.JPG [ 31.18 KiB | Viewed 750 times ]
inside jug007.JPG
inside jug007.JPG [ 24.84 KiB | Viewed 750 times ]
Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:46 am
Posts: 5244
Location: Seguin, TX (near San Antonio)
some more...


Attachments:
inside jug008.JPG
inside jug008.JPG [ 36.77 KiB | Viewed 748 times ]
inside jug009.JPG
inside jug009.JPG [ 26.96 KiB | Viewed 748 times ]
inside jug010.JPG
inside jug010.JPG [ 28.82 KiB | Viewed 748 times ]
inside jug014.JPG
inside jug014.JPG [ 31.68 KiB | Viewed 748 times ]
inside jug015.JPG
inside jug015.JPG [ 29.12 KiB | Viewed 748 times ]
Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:40 am 
Online

Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2003 2:40 pm
Posts: 22077
Location: Chicago
Turbotexas wrote:
OK Here are some pic's I won't know how the come out till they are out there... I can see what I THINK is cross hatching on the lower end, the end that goes into the case...


The cylinder looks plated to me... It probably needs honed then a piston fitted to it, have you checked to see what Honda offers for pistons? Most shops are going to stock wiseco and recommend them to you I would use the Honda only myself.

Any detail pics of the piston? :-) :shock:


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:44 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:46 am
Posts: 5244
Location: Seguin, TX (near San Antonio)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBIxgd54FD8

Race when the poofkaboom occured

New bike...

He raced last weekend while he was injured... He got kicked in the thigh a few weeks ago while at a rock concert (Mother's idea to let a 13 YO go) while he was in the MOSH PIT???
His leg hasn't retained full range of motion, and he was having to stand up to shift, and he placed 23 out of 31 in his moto... I think he has a natural talent, if he can keep his nose clean and stay out of trouble!!!


Attachments:
dakota new bike1008.JPG
dakota new bike1008.JPG [ 75.03 KiB | Viewed 718 times ]
File comment: Thanks for the tire!!!
dakota new bike1003.JPG
dakota new bike1003.JPG [ 72.83 KiB | Viewed 718 times ]
Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 10:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:46 am
Posts: 5244
Location: Seguin, TX (near San Antonio)
Race #4 and a 4th place finish!!!
He had a rough day fell 3 times and still came out with a plaque!!!


Attachments:
S6301325.JPG
S6301325.JPG [ 279.57 KiB | Viewed 614 times ]
S6301328.JPG
S6301328.JPG [ 282.01 KiB | Viewed 613 times ]
Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 12:08 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:46 am
Posts: 5244
Location: Seguin, TX (near San Antonio)
http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/D ... fault.aspx

You tube is being loaded for viewing pleasure!!!
I throw link up later!!!


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Race
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 7:07 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:20 pm
Posts: 696
Location: Joliet, Illinois
Congrats on the win, Dakota....TT must be VERY proud!......looking forward to the video....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 7:45 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:13 am
Posts: 3411
Location: PERTH WESTERN AUSTRALIA
Well done Dakota! :-)
There's something very special about the Father/Son Bond.
Dakota,don't be TOO hard on the Ol' man as you get older and go thru the Terrible Teens! :-)


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 8:34 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:46 am
Posts: 5244
Location: Seguin, TX (near San Antonio)
Turbotexas wrote:
http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/Dakota49/Default.aspx

You tube is being loaded for viewing pleasure!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pBw4O4sNzU


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pBw4O4sNzU


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 12:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:46 am
Posts: 5244
Location: Seguin, TX (near San Antonio)
bugeye59 wrote:
Well done Dakota! :-)
There's something very special about the Father/Son Bond.
Dakota,don't be TOO hard on the Ol' man as you get older and go thru the Terrible Teens! :-)


You mean it gets worse???LOL


Attachments:
File comment: clips from the video!!!
may4race.jpg
may4race.jpg [ 16.65 KiB | Viewed 655 times ]
may4race2.jpg
may4race2.jpg [ 16.5 KiB | Viewed 655 times ]
may4race3.jpg
may4race3.jpg [ 15.94 KiB | Viewed 655 times ]
mayrace4.jpg
mayrace4.jpg [ 14.93 KiB | Viewed 655 times ]
Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 10:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:46 am
Posts: 5244
Location: Seguin, TX (near San Antonio)
Here is another video from the day before...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfFUg6_kWPU

Thanks for watching!!!


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:46 am
Posts: 5244
Location: Seguin, TX (near San Antonio)
here is a link to the kids results!!!

http://www.tracksideonlineresults.com/t ... asp?n=7694

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/members/D ... fault.aspx

Thanks!!!


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:36 am
Posts: 1345
Location: Benson, NC
wow that's the beginner class? those kids would stomp me if I was out there with my cr250.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:30 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:46 am
Posts: 5244
Location: Seguin, TX (near San Antonio)
Sunblock wrote:
wow that's the beginner class? those kids would stomp me if I was out there with my cr250.


I think that is because we don't bounce like we used to!!! LOL


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:45 pm
Posts: 2238
Turbotexas wrote:
Sunblock wrote:
wow that's the beginner class? those kids would stomp me if I was out there with my cr250.


I think that is because we don't bounce like we used to!!! LOL



I will second both of those comments! lol

Congrats


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:05 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:46 am
Posts: 5244
Location: Seguin, TX (near San Antonio)
New Look...

Added some Black fenders, and some red number plates. Also splurged with some new graffix from DeCal Works one of his new sponsors!
we are hoping the local Honda shop will sponsor him too... they gave him a set of graffics for the radiator shrouds...
Notice the $160.00 (with a healthy discount) new riding gear. The kid actually things Honda is cool now??? LOL

Pic's of the golf cart also...


Attachments:
File comment: SPONSORS INCLUDE: Panolin Oils; Pro Works Racing; SMX Optics; Athletic Armour/C-YA Protection; DeCal Works
txmxchampionshp final001a.JPG
txmxchampionshp final001a.JPG [ 146.59 KiB | Viewed 613 times ]
txmxchampionshp final012.JPG
txmxchampionshp final012.JPG [ 282.09 KiB | Viewed 612 times ]
txmxchampionshp final013.JPG
txmxchampionshp final013.JPG [ 281.28 KiB | Viewed 613 times ]
Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:28 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:17 pm
Posts: 2825
Location: Wichita ks
Wheres the puprle and yellow paint. Thanks for the pics I only get video when on vacation. If Honda will ot sponser how about Adnoh. You will have some explaining to do thu. Post a little info on cy-a I like that one. Has he gotton taller the postion on bike is diff. Might take a look and bar position if he has. Do you wear a helmrnt in that new utv or is it and atv or what would you call it. Video chase viechle. Any way thanks for sharing.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:46 am
Posts: 5244
Location: Seguin, TX (near San Antonio)
adnoh wrote:
Wheres the puprle and yellow paint. Thanks for the pics I only get video when on vacation. If Honda will ot sponser how about Adnoh. You will have some explaining to do thu. Post a little info on cy-a I like that one. Has he gotton taller the postion on bike is diff. Might take a look and bar position if he has. Do you wear a helmrnt in that new utv or is it and atv or what would you call it. Video chase viechle. Any way thanks for sharing.


C-YA is the new name for these guys... They offer protective wear for sports, like roost protectors, neck & knee braces, padded hip & body prodection, helmets, all kinds of stuff!!!
http://www.athleticarmour.com/

The next thing we are looking to upgrade is the Handle bars... I would like to get something to improve his position on the bike, but I am clueless on what to attempt to achieve??? I want to get poly bushings, but not real interested in $500.00 for triple clamps yet... then there are steering stabilizers, along with more upgrades on the forks, like coating them???

The pit car doesn't go fast enough for a helmet... I am going to do some upgrading but only enough to increase the torque... I am reading a golf cart forum and it looks like I need to up-size the Cables all the way around (EASY) add a 36/48 volt 500 amp controller($$$). One that can be used for both 36v (current setup) and then switch to 48 after I add 2 more 6 volt Batteries, along with a 48 solenoid... Still trying to source these parts and get a fair price... Not enough info to purchase yet!!! Seats are coming off tomorrow AM to get recovered in Cowhide print!!!


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:07 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:46 am
Posts: 5244
Location: Seguin, TX (near San Antonio)
PPE is in the shed... I haven't seen it in months!!! I ordered a torque wrench for the jug to case cause It is under the fins... Taking it to San Antonio to find someone to Hone it out to the new piston!!!


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:46 am
Posts: 5244
Location: Seguin, TX (near San Antonio)
Here are some new pics!!!


Attachments:
File comment: Showing off???
DSC_0302.jpg [29.36 KiB]
Downloaded 26 times
DSC_0312.jpg
DSC_0312.jpg [ 72.66 KiB | Viewed 638 times ]
DSC_0326.jpg
DSC_0326.jpg [ 90.97 KiB | Viewed 351 times ]
File comment: some air!!!
DSC_0327.jpg
DSC_0327.jpg [ 68.3 KiB | Viewed 336 times ]
DSC_0332.jpg
DSC_0332.jpg [ 114.04 KiB | Viewed 638 times ]
Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:46 am
Posts: 5244
Location: Seguin, TX (near San Antonio)
He had a big crash... I'll let you see if you can see where...


Attachments:
DSC_0333.jpg
DSC_0333.jpg [ 122.49 KiB | Viewed 612 times ]
File comment: he is trying to whip it??? these are some short doubles
DSC_0334.jpg
DSC_0334.jpg [ 102.38 KiB | Viewed 636 times ]
DSC_0335.jpg
DSC_0335.jpg [ 98.66 KiB | Viewed 349 times ]
File comment: getting set up...
DSC_0336.jpg
DSC_0336.jpg [ 77.81 KiB | Viewed 636 times ]
File comment: getting some air...
DSC_0337.jpg
DSC_0337.jpg [ 49.29 KiB | Viewed 334 times ]
File comment: a little bit more air!!!
DSC_0345.jpg
DSC_0345.jpg [ 72.63 KiB | Viewed 334 times ]
Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:04 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:46 am
Posts: 5244
Location: Seguin, TX (near San Antonio)
some more!!!

He has been clearing this long arse table top for a few weeks but has never learned to tap the break to bring the front down. He usually lands like in the last pic??? I think now he will work on tapping down on the brake to get a feel for what it will do for the bike... He knows now how to fall and roll??? he was proud of that???


Attachments:
File comment: He is too busy looking at the camera???
DSC_0349.jpg
DSC_0349.jpg [ 88.84 KiB | Viewed 634 times ]
File comment: nothing but air!!!
DSC_0351.jpg
DSC_0351.jpg [ 25.76 KiB | Viewed 332 times ]
File comment: His friends call this "handlebar sex???
I call it oh snap that's gonna hurt like a mofo!!!

DSC_0353.jpg
DSC_0353.jpg [ 38.11 KiB | Viewed 332 times ]
File comment: him laying in the dirt???
DSC_0352.jpg
DSC_0352.jpg [ 21.63 KiB | Viewed 332 times ]
File comment: the end of the tabletop he was clearing... then got over confident??? the sex jump is where he ate it at...
DSC_0346.jpg
DSC_0346.jpg [ 69.61 KiB | Viewed 332 times ]
File comment: this is where he landed but still in the Handle bar sex position!!!
practice4.jpg
practice4.jpg [ 14.83 KiB | Viewed 634 times ]
Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:06 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:17 pm
Posts: 2825
Location: Wichita ks
Thanks for the pics. He really needs a no fear sticker. By chance did ya yell "push it a way" even thu he could not here ya. Me and my dad did a colf cart upgrae to 48volt using 12v batterys. It broke the rear loose. hooked up three 12 in series for 36v and then hooked up relay transfer two 12's in parrelll then two 12's in series for 48v. used toggle switch on dash to activate relays for, Yes you guessed it ,Turbo Boost. One thing to note it only worked for a couple of years we eventaly burnt it up. One key is to use deep cycle boat batterys for first stage and high cold cranking for second set. Rember to install safty cut oof switch uin case of melt down. Ya we installed one after we set a set of wires on fire. We also instaeed a fire ext. Alos whatch your fluid levles. Man it was fun.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:46 am
Posts: 5244
Location: Seguin, TX (near San Antonio)
I seen it happen and all I could say was "this is gonna hurt"... I was watching from the opposite side of the cameraman... I wish I had my video camera rolling cause it was a wreck!!! I had to replace the handlebars, and straighten out the forks... I didn't notice the forks, but thought the fender was tweaked... He came back after one lap today and said the recycled handlebars (I had straightened a few weeks ago and kept as a spare) were crooked... LOL He still hasn't learned not to argue with me??? LOL I just loosened up the clamp bolts and the bolts that holt the front axle and gave it a twist and locked them back down... torqued them up and off he went!!! He was a little upset when I asked him if his handlebars were still bent... LOL

I have been studying at http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/ about getting more out of mine!!! I have replaced all the wire with a #4 battery cable. It ran a lot better today at the track. Almost lunges when you hit the pedal. I really don't want to much more speed out of this,(cause the kids will get carried away, it is a pit cart) BUT it really needs more torque!!! I am torn between the 48v system, or just getting a bigger controller, or haveing the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) rebuit???
Either way it will cost some more money... 8 6v batteries, @ $105 each, plus a 48v soliniod, plus a $400-500 48volt, 500 amp controller and a 12 volt charger to piggyback the 36v charger. Or I could buy a $700.00 48volt Charger???
OR... Keep it 36volt and buy a 500 amp controller...
OR... send the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) of to have it rewound for more torque, and then buy a controller???
I am not ready to drop a lot of money on what this site is claiming... might be one of them prey on newbie sites???
Need more advise LOL
Got the seats redone in Black and White Cowhide and put them on... looks sharp IMO...


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:59 pm 
Online

Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2003 2:40 pm
Posts: 22077
Location: Chicago
Turbotexas wrote:
I seen it happen and all I could say was "this is gonna hurt"... I was watching from the opposite side of the cameraman... I wish I had my video camera rolling cause it was a wreck!!! I had to replace the handlebars, and straighten out the forks... I didn't notice the forks, but thought the fender was tweaked... He came back after one lap today and said the recycled handlebars (I had straightened a few weeks ago and kept as a spare) were crooked... LOL He still hasn't learned not to argue with me??? LOL I just loosened up the clamp bolts and the bolts that holt the front axle and gave it a twist and locked them back down... torqued them up and off he went!!! He was a little upset when I asked him if his handlebars were still bent... LOL

I have been studying at http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/ about getting more out of mine!!! I have replaced all the wire with a #4 battery cable. It ran a lot better today at the track. Almost lunges when you hit the pedal. I really don't want to much more speed out of this,(cause the kids will get carried away, it is a pit cart) BUT it really needs more torque!!! I am torn between the 48v system, or just getting a bigger controller, or haveing the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) rebuit???
Either way it will cost some more money... 8 6v batteries, @ $105 each, plus a 48v soliniod, plus a $400-500 48volt, 500 amp controller and a 12 volt charger to piggyback the 36v charger. Or I could buy a $700.00 48volt Charger???
OR... Keep it 36volt and buy a 500 amp controller...
OR... send the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) of to have it rewound for more torque, and then buy a controller???
I am not ready to drop a lot of money on what this site is claiming... might be one of them prey on newbie sites???
Need more advise LOL
Got the seats redone in Black and White Cowhide and put them on... looks sharp IMO...


Why waste your time and money, how many miles you put on it at a race, just use it, get the Odyssey running and go fast in it.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Registered users: Alexa [Bot], Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], FloridaEdd, go oddy, Google [Bot], hoser, wyeeoddy, Yahoo [Bot]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group