Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:08 pm 

shoubadaba wrote:
Turbotexas wrote:
Mudbogger wrote:
I like the stock set-up at 60/90 with 200 psi, try that mabye if your sending them back?

where is the "stock setup" setting coming from??? stock what...

200 psi seems like it would jack your ride hieght way up... do you remember how much oil you had???

Why are you worried so much about ride height? Worry about the ride and feel and dial that in. Get your valving and pressure set to a good feel and balanced for your racing and when you ride and your ride height will be fine.

I was under the impression setting the ride hieght/sag was first thing to do... at least on the works coilovers it was

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:15 pm 

lutrev wrote:
Fox calls 60/90 and 200 PSI stock setup. It is how they ship them if you don't tell them any different valving or pressure.

I think the biggest thing I messed up on was not telling the guy at downsouth motorsports what application these were going on... He kinda scolded me for that not in a bad way!!!
I dropped the pressure to 125 per their suggestion... the crook at the shop charged 40.00 and when I asked hip what happened to the 20.00 he told me about yesterday he said that was per shock... I kinda argued with him and reminded him he knew it was for my pilot yesterday... he was the only one who had the stuff and I had to show his kid/mechanic how to do it... he was used to just setting all the quad and bike shocks at 175psi... I will have to get this stuff if I am going to keep these shocks for long...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:19 pm 

Turbotexas wrote:
lutrev wrote:
Fox calls 60/90 and 200 PSI stock setup. It is how they ship them if you don't tell them any different valving or pressure.

I think the biggest thing I messed up on was not telling the guy at downsouth motorsports what application these were going on... He kinda scolded me for that not in a bad way!!!
I dropped the pressure to 125 per their suggestion... the crook at the shop charged 40.00 and when I asked hip what happened to the 20.00 he told me about yesterday he said that was per shock... I kinda argued with him and reminded him he knew it was for my pilot yesterday... he was the only one who had the stuff and I had to show his kid/mechanic how to do it... he was used to just setting all the quad and bike shocks at 175psi... I will have to get this stuff if I am going to keep these shocks for long...

If don't want to run these shocks out of the box and want to tune them you need to buy the kit you will go broke paing someone to do it.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:36 pm 

hoser wrote:
If don't want to run these shocks out of the box and want to tune them you need to buy the kit you will go broke paing someone to do it.

And in Hindsite if I had thought of that, I would have just went with the works with the adjustments on the clickers..
I was hoping these would be a simple bolt on and go replacements for the stock shocks to use until I had a chance to do a longer axle in the rear...

425 for shocks, plus 200 or more for a kit or 700 for the works doesn't save me much... I am more of an instant gratification kinda guy...
trev has the gas readily available to him so he is already 200 ahead!!!
I am this deep now so I will figure them out... but already have a bad taste in my mouth after the 40.00 today and what ever the shipping back and forth to CA is going to cost...
I have a bearing in the left axle that went out so I am fixing that now... I was wondering what that funny noise was...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:08 pm 

Turbotexas wrote:
hoser wrote:

And in Hindsite if I had thought of that, I would have just went with the works with the adjustments on the clickers..
I was hoping these would be a simple bolt on and go replacements for the stock shocks to use until I had a chance to do a longer axle in the rear...

425 for shocks, plus 200 or more for a kit or 700 for the works doesn't save me much... I am more of an instant gratification kinda guy...
I am this deep now so I will figure them out... but already have a bad taste in my mouth after the 40.00 today and what ever the shipping back and forth to CA is going to cost...
I have a bearing in the left axle that went out so I am fixing that now... I was wondering what that funny noise was...

Make sure that distance spacer between the bearings is not damaged if its shorter than its suppose to be when you tighten up the big nut on the end of the axle it will stress the bearings and they wont last long.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:17 pm 

I have the knuckle off, and am fixing to gently try to pukk the hub out... I don't have a bearing buller, so I will be careful LOL
Aren't these bearings available at napa or orieley's I thought???

hoser wrote:
Turbotexas wrote:
hoser wrote:

Make sure that distance spacer between the bearings is not damaged if its shorter than its suppose to be when you tighten up the big nut on the end of the axle it will stress the bearings and they wont last long.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:44 pm 

Turbotexas wrote:
I have the knuckle off, and am fixing to gently try to pukk the hub out... I don't have a bearing buller, so I will be careful LOL
Aren't these bearings available at napa or orieley's I thought???

hoser wrote:
Turbotexas wrote:
hoser wrote:

Yeah, look on the old bearing going by memory they are 6007 RS bearings, get them sealed both sides..

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:49 pm 

finally got old dust seal off... it is ruined, but Mud sent me some used ones to tide me over... I thought for sure ups was bringing me some goodies today, but I guess it won't be till monday...
what can I use to get the knuckle out? it goes clear thru both bearings and do you know what the spacer is supposed to measure???

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:03 pm 

going to parts house and try to find something like the piss poor pictures in the manual...
I have never seen a bearing puller like thisQ!!

I just seen this...
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/view ... sc&start=0
that is a good way to install but what about removing

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:20 pm 

Turbotexas wrote:
going to parts house and try to find something like the piss poor pictures in the manual...
I have never seen a bearing puller like thisQ!!

I just seen this...
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/view ... sc&start=0
that is a good way to install but what about removing

Its been a while but I think the hub just taps out with a plastic dead blow hammer the bearings you can drive out from the inside with a punch.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:53 pm 

lutrev wrote:

thank you-exactly.I run that set-up on my LT kit.And yes I did bump up the psi, and the oil is stock from FOX.I don't know the viscocity honestly, I do have it written down.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:56 pm 

Turbotexas wrote:
finally got old dust seal off... it is ruined, but Mud sent me some used ones to tide me over... I thought for sure ups was bringing me some goodies today, but I guess it won't be till monday...
what can I use to get the knuckle out? it goes clear thru both bearings and do you know what the spacer is supposed to measure???

see that!And didn't I say you might need them right!!
It is good to be the king!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:59 pm 

Mudbogger wrote:
Turbotexas wrote:

LOL King of the trailer queens! In that I mean you build the best looking honda's!!
You were going to send me the tierods too? Did you misplace them? I got the bearings and the 350 rod end, but no tie rods?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:03 pm 

Turbotexas wrote:
Mudbogger wrote:
Turbotexas wrote:

LOL King of the trailer queens! In that I mean you build the best looking honda's!!
You were going to send me the tierods too? Did you misplace them? I got the bearings and the 350 rod end, but no tie rods?

Pilot rods?I sent you 2 bent ones in the box-I thought you had PM'd me saying you got them.Do you mean the tie rod ends?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:06 pm 

To: Turbotexas
Posted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:59 pm
Subject: Re: parts package
Turbotexas wrote:
THANKS MUD!!!
I am 98% sure I am going to do the yoda kit! nI hope these tierods can be saved by yoda as he extends them!

I think you have them Turbo-they were bent slightly as discussed.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:06 pm 

Mudbogger wrote:
Turbotexas wrote:
Mudbogger wrote:
Turbotexas wrote:

Pilot rods?I sent you 2 bent ones in the box-I thought you had PM'd me saying you got them.Do you mean the tie rod ends?

never got a box just a padded envalope...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:11 pm 

No POOA DECALS either?
I looked at my PM'S
I AM ASSUMING YOU GOT THEM--?They were in the envelope for sure.

Turbotexas wrote:
THANKS MUD!!!
I am 98% sure I am going to do the yoda kit! nI hope these tierods can be saved by yoda as he extends them!

no problem,it has the 2 Pilot tie rods,Pilot rear carrier used bearings and seals(I included them as they can be used for spares on a ride, and you ride alot these days)POOA decals,350 inner tie rod end as requested.Please let me know when they get there thanks!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:15 pm 

I got the stickers wrapped up in paper towels! the one 350 rod end in a honda bag and a big ziplock baggie with the used bearings and dust seals...

Mudbogger wrote:
No POOA DECALS either?
I looked at my PM'S
I AM ASSUMING YOU GOT THEM--?They were in the envelope for sure.

Turbotexas wrote:
THANKS MUD!!!

no problem,it has the 2 Pilot tie rods,Pilot rear carrier used bearings and seals(I included them as they can be used for spares on a ride, and you ride alot these days)POOA decals,350 inner tie rod end as requested.Please let me know when they get there thanks!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:20 pm 

fungu-
I know I sent them all together-was the package damaged at all?Did you by chance send them to YODA?
I really thought you had gotten them Turbo as the PM'S must have mislead me-soory.
Please next time tell me when the package arrives immediately parts are missing.I will send over another set to replace them.Should I send them to YODA directly?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:22 pm 

The decals were wrapped in paper towel and then placed in zip lock baggie -at least that's the way I left them.UPS stricks again?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:27 pm 

here is the package I got, not big enough for the tie rods so I just figured you forgot...

Attachments:
knucklebearing 015.jpg [48.81 KiB]
Downloaded 65 times
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:35 am 

here is what I got started on the bearings...

Attachments:
knucklebearing 011.jpg
knucklebearing 011.jpg [ 61.74 KiB | Viewed 2817 times ]
knucklebearing 012.jpg
knucklebearing 012.jpg [ 56.29 KiB | Viewed 2817 times ]
knucklebearing 013.jpg [63.53 KiB]
Downloaded 56 times
knucklebearing 014.jpg [55.14 KiB]
Downloaded 56 times
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:31 am 

Turbotexas wrote:

Get the flange out then take a punch and drive the bearings out from the inside.

Time to check the other side looks like the grease on this side was all dried up?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:44 am 

hoser wrote:
Turbotexas wrote:

Get the flange out then take a punch and drive the bearings out from the inside.

Time to check the other side looks like the grease on this side was all dried up?

the other side didn't look bad, but when I get my parts for the tranny seal I will replace every thing on the other side too...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:53 am 

Turbotexas wrote:
hoser wrote:
Turbotexas wrote:

the other side didn't look bad, but when I get my parts for the tranny seal I will replace every thing on the other side too...

If you ever hit anything hard enough to dent or bend a rim on a Pilot change the bearings no matter how good they feel they will fail shortly after usually when your far from camp at your favorite riding area :shock:

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next