Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Adnoh Shock relocate
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:04 pm 

Adnoh sent me some parts to try and test! He being our resident shock and Suspension guru I am please at the chance to try this! I am sure it will be a learning experience!
I will let Him describe what he has done and how to set up the shocks etc...
Basically you will relocate the shock mounting point on the lower A-arm inwards a bit and then use some retuned works Shocks...
All you are really doing is changing the leverage ration and letting the wheel travel a bit more than stock!
Since I have some Hoserized tierods, I did have to add the spacer below the inward tierod for more clearance at full turn...
I did drive it around the front yard a bit today, and noticed I don't have the springy feeling I had with the stock shocks... It will be a few weeks before I can truly test this on some rough terrain, or in a race that is coming up at the end of the month...

Attachments:
File comment: Here is the stock a-arm set up...
easter 018.jpg
easter 018.jpg [ 323.88 KiB | Viewed 3389 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:22 pm 

Resized pic's

Attachments:
File comment: full droop...
easter 019.jpg
easter 019.jpg [ 63.75 KiB | Viewed 3569 times ]
File comment: estimated wheel travel at full compression...
easter 022.jpg
easter 022.jpg [ 48.9 KiB | Viewed 3569 times ]
File comment: this just shows measurement of shocks at full compression...
easter 023.jpg
easter 023.jpg [ 48.16 KiB | Viewed 3569 times ]
easter 024.jpg
easter 024.jpg [ 60.21 KiB | Viewed 3569 times ]
easter 025.jpg
easter 025.jpg [ 63.68 KiB | Viewed 3569 times ]
File comment: all done...
easter 027.jpg
easter 027.jpg [ 60.74 KiB | Viewed 3569 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:12 pm 

That looks good!

Are you going to make the race in Spendora? I am not real confident in the STX-ATV guys. No one is answering their phones, texts or emails.

I plan on going. I took the 350 out and it ran really well. It has a guage for the water temp and it went over 200 a couple of times, is that normal?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:17 pm 

rkinman wrote:
That looks good!

Are you going to make the race in Spendora? I am not real confident in the STX-ATV guys. No one is answering their phones, texts or emails.

I plan on going. I took the 350 out and it ran really well. It has a guage for the water temp and it went over 200 a couple of times, is that normal?

Not sure about the temp...
What race are you refering to in Splendora???
I ain't really sure what to do about them guys either???

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:04 am 

Turbo, when took for spin around yard did you hit the bump in the road at speed to see they reaction with the rear. Need a comparison to the stock shock and the fox you had to see if an adjustment is needed. By chance do you know what the toe setting is at ride height. When you land off of hit use a loose grip and tell me what feed back thu the wheel you get and how that compares to the stock and fox shock. Remember as you land to be on the gas or the front will load hard. Always accerlate on landing. As you get into the turn at what points do you trastion to accerlation force compared to stock and fox and the effects. Can you enter cornor faster or slower compared to the other shocks. What front tire pressure you running during test. Also try cross threading bumps and ruts and guage reation front to rear in frame angle. As the rear kicks while cross threading and the front dives in does the car what to wonder or exsert a lot of leverage to the steering wheel or feel like its going over. Need to guage transiton poundage according to preload poundage and the combined rate againt the valving. After test does the cans feel hot How many disc are in pucks of the alt clutch.

For bump test take a screw driver and raise the bump stop up 1/4" and after landing see if it bottomed out pushing the bump stop back down. Then do the same during cross thread and ruts.

All feed back apreatied no matter what. I have never ran this set up with rear airs so I have no data. Remember if they total suck ( lower arm set up) put you stockers on and run the works shocks and gauge diff.
Rember to check arms after test for any damage to lower shock mounting points. My welding is not good, ok it sucks all hacker like.

Take notes for refrence. Get me a pic of the way it sets from the side with no rider and one with.

Thanks, Adnoh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:10 am 

Turbotexas wrote:
rkinman wrote:
That looks good!

I got a call right before the Mudbuddy's race from them and they said the race at the end of the month would be there. Since then I have not been able to get ahold of them and nothing is posted on the website. Is there another race somewhere else?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:27 am 

rkinman wrote:
Turbotexas wrote:
rkinman wrote:
That looks good!

I got a call right before the Mudbuddy's race from them and they said the race at the end of the month would be there. Since then I have not been able to get ahold of them and nothing is posted on the website. Is there another race somewhere else?

I am expecting the race at mudbuddys, for the end of the month... But was wondering if you had heard something for splendora??? At one time they had a schedule and Splendora was the second race I believe??? If I am at hoome this weekend I will go to mudbuddys to practice and get used to the new shock setup!!@!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:42 am 

Turbotexas wrote:
rkinman wrote:
That looks good!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:43 am 

Richard the little bit of time I did ride (10 minutes) I did make several turns thru my bermed corner, around the tree, and there was little to no body roll! I did go over my spot that gave me issues in the yard, but not as fast as I usually did because the gate was closed... In braking I didn't notice any or excessive dive either! There is a spot in the pasture that has some good ruts, but since the gate was closed I didn't get out to it! I used to be able to use the stock tanks as a jump, but because we have gotten so much rain lately they are full!!!
Compared to the stock shocks I now longer feel the "springy" light front end that felt like the tires were barely touching the ground at speed... because of the extra travel or droop might be why... compared to the fox front coilover shocks, they seem very much the same... Almost like an out of sight out of mind sensation... Building of the confidence in the ride... If that makes sence... If I get to go ride this weekend, I will have somebody film me while I ride, so We can see the action of this setup! As Of right now, I think it's a 10 of 10!!!

adnoh wrote:
Turbo, when took for spin around yard did you hit the bump in the road at speed to see they reaction with the rear. Need a comparison to the stock shock and the fox you had to see if an adjustment is needed. By chance do you know what the toe setting is at ride height. When you land off of hit use a loose grip and tell me what feed back thu the wheel you get and how that compares to the stock and fox shock. Remember as you land to be on the gas or the front will load hard. Always accerlate on landing. As you get into the turn at what points do you trastion to accerlation force compared to stock and fox and the effects. Can you enter cornor faster or slower compared to the other shocks. What front tire pressure you running during test. Also try cross threading bumps and ruts and guage reation front to rear in frame angle. As the rear kicks while cross threading and the front dives in does the car what to wonder or exsert a lot of leverage to the steering wheel or feel like its going over. Need to guage transiton poundage according to preload poundage and the combined rate againt the valving. After test does the cans feel hot How many disc are in pucks of the alt clutch.

For bump test take a screw driver and raise the bump stop up 1/4" and after landing see if it bottomed out pushing the bump stop back down. Then do the same during cross thread and ruts.

All feed back apreatied no matter what. I have never ran this set up with rear airs so I have no data. Remember if they total suck ( lower arm set up) put you stockers on and run the works shocks and gauge diff.
Rember to check arms after test for any damage to lower shock mounting points. My welding is not good, ok it sucks all hacker like.

Take notes for refrence. Get me a pic of the way it sets from the side with no rider and one with.

Thanks, Adnoh.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:51 am 

rkinman wrote:
Turbotexas wrote:
rkinman wrote:
That looks good!

tqra.com might have some further north???

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:18 pm 

I swear the guy said it was at splendora.

Mudbuddy's and Creekside just said they don't have anything scheduled.

I think its time to look for another group to race with, or start our own!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:35 pm 

I have offered to help these guys out often! They know my job gives me lots of free time to help lay out tracks organize sponsors but they haven't asked yet?
I am not sure if they got into this to make money, and didn't, thus have lost interest? Or what??? I thought about offering to take over the events but also with my job comes the having to go at the last minute!, so I would have to have 2-3 others who were just as eager to go thru all the work forr no pay! Lol

Profile E-mail