Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:25 pm 

Hoser has just installed the YODA LT front suspension kit on my new Pilot-testing to come in future.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:55 pm 

adnoh wrote:
Forgot to adress pricing. If you have time to invest in shoping around you can same some money. Check his (ATVR)web site for arms and axles. Please keep Yoda front kit in mind The wide body rear likes a wide front end( more stable in cornors and over bumps). I have no data on his front kit. "H" and other using his kit should be able to provide info. You could also use atv racing arms and build your own bump kit retaining stock drum and hubs. I built mine for around $150.00 and it bolt up verses weld in kit. Nothing I did was pemanite it all can be removed and returned to stock. Plus It may not work and needs to be changed eaiser to unbolt than cut and weld. I even got the stock front brake lines to work. Really do not like but untill I make sure it work I will not change( looks nasty).

I allready did my front end. I purchased a set of used atvr lt front arms and used 2007 yfz450 shocks. The bumpsteer I built from scratch and have zero bumpsteer thanks for all the info. I wasn't sure atvr would sell me just the rear upper arms. that's all i'll need since I have the tools and know how to make all the links for the rear heres a pic.

Attachments:
b2.jpg
b2.jpg [ 51.03 KiB | Viewed 2197 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:01 pm 

another with it complete

Attachments:
mybuggy.jpg
mybuggy.jpg [ 47.7 KiB | Viewed 2194 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:13 pm 

shoubadaba wrote:
adnoh wrote:
Forgot to adress pricing. If you have time to invest in shoping around you can same some money. Check his (ATVR)web site for arms and axles. Please keep Yoda front kit in mind The wide body rear likes a wide front end( more stable in cornors and over bumps). I have no data on his front kit. "H" and other using his kit should be able to provide info. You could also use atv racing arms and build your own bump kit retaining stock drum and hubs. I built mine for around $150.00 and it bolt up verses weld in kit. Nothing I did was pemanite it all can be removed and returned to stock. Plus It may not work and needs to be changed eaiser to unbolt than cut and weld. I even got the stock front brake lines to work. Really do not like but untill I make sure it work I will not change( looks nasty).

I allready did my front end. I purchased a set of used atvr lt front arms and used 2007 yfz450 shocks. The bumpsteer I built from scratch and have zero bumpsteer thanks for all the info. I wasn't sure atvr would sell me just the rear upper arms. that's all i'll need since I have the tools and know how to make all the links for the rear heres a pic.

How about some detail pics of the bump steer, more is better :-)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:24 pm 

So how did the yzf450 shocks work out? You probably saved a lot of cash buying those vs works, but do they work well for the application??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:16 pm 

they worked out bitchen. They have 2 adjustment on them. They are 16 1/2 eye to eye. The only reason I used them is because I found them on craigs list for 75 bucks brand new take offs. On ebay they bring in 300. I havent bottomed them out yet and Ive been running them for a few months now in sand, desert, and on a short coarse. IMO I cant bet the performance for 75 bucks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:37 am 

Looksreally nice. At 16.5 extended do you know what you compressed # is and how much wheel travle. This will provide the atvr lerer ratio. I like the piggy back look. If you give me stroke lenght( shock travle) of shaft and whell bootm to top out I will clculate. Take #s at the center of the front pilot not at wheel, measure shock sfaft then change your eye to eye center than remeasure to the same point in front.

Looking at the pic it looks like 5.5 stroke. I,ll do some quessing. Stock yfz 10" travle 1.818 LR, knowing atvr lt kit can get 12" tavle 2.1818 LR. with the wide arms and increase LR. could loosen up pre load step of compressionn and speed up rebound. Just a guess. Theres and idea for those looking fo cheap conversion. Most ATV race shops have standard travle shock laying around buy new take off's buy new atvr front arms and build bump kit. front LT kit for under a grand.

If your not geting 12" out it you can send and have the shock worked over and get extra for a resonible price. Looking for new call works they make a stock shock lenght with more travle on yfz and trx. They only thing with atvr front are they fully adjustable. I do belive the wide boby rear will work well with your front. I know you will like the way it handles.

I had a friend over for a test ride to get unbias opion." smooth and fast" was his response. He also added that it drove nothing like stock and after each lap he found himself getting a bigger had ful of throttle and getting bigger air. He said I" I was temed at fisrt but after hitting couple jump and landed soomth I pended it". He did not square up on one and hit hard of right front with out insadent. He siad in his pilot it most likly would have put him over. I told him next ime don't let off when the front lift until the rear loads. SO he did and siad that "wow". Ya he had a smile on his face. I'll take that as a good thing.

Any way keep us posted on your conversion mybe you can improve the idea for the next guy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:54 pm 

The stroke is 5.5". I'm getting 11 iches of travel. If you look at the pictures the lower mount on the arms has been changed to a 3 hole design not the stock 1 hole. This was done by the previous owner of the arms. He was using fox airs with a higher frame mount to allow him to have even greater adjustment. With my shocks I cant utilize the other 2 holes but maybe in the future when I have some extra cash I'll pick up some fox airs and use his setups. As far as the adjustability of atvrs front end its ok. I wish it would of had the lower a-arms had been hymes like the top ones.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:07 pm 

11" is good. I like the three hole Idea. Would you post close up with the the factroy hole #'s from lower front pivot center to center. I would like to compare to trx I have and see if a the trx long travle 19" shock arm would work as an option. I will measure mine and post. What do you think about posting bump kits in seperate thread to give other options and ideas. I know Turbo is watching to see how to rework his. I posted the factory ATVR set up and will take mine off and post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:26 pm 

I remeasured my shocks they are a tad over 16 eye to eye. Measurement from stock shock location to lowest hole is 17 1/4" the reason I cant use this hole is my shock spring hits the upper a-arm. If I had no spring it would clear fine. The hole I'm using is 1" further outboard then atvr's original hole. I'll get some pics up tomarrow of my bumpsteer setup. The guy I bought the arms off of he also had a atvr bumpsteer kit. He sent me detailed pics of the kit and measurements of his LT pilot so I could duplicate it. I added 1 set of extra holes to my knuckles on the bumpsteer kit so I could adjust my akerman due to the conditions of the tracks.