Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:27 pm 

Well' I went and drug home another Toy/Project. Picked up a 1985 ATC250es from Craigslist. Great mechanical shape but the plastics are shot. Good thing they're available from Maire mfg. in California. Same place that makes our FL350 plastics for chucklenuts at aftershot motorspurts. I'd like to find a 350X but people are a little insane with the prices these days.

BTW, I asked them (Maire) why they don't reproduce the foot tub for the Odyssey and they said that chucklenuts at aftershot motorspurts didnt want to because it was cost prohibitive or some shit. Anyway I've got a buddy who owns Renigade fiberglass in Denevr and I'll bet he could make a mold from one of my foot tubs and reproduce them out of gelcoat and fiberglass or even carbon fiber for you fancy guys. Should I look into it or is someone already making them?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:32 pm 

Damn.... that shit is so funny. Automatically changing the name I typed to "chucklenuts at aftershot motorspurts ". I've seen it before but didnt know it was on autopilot. What other surprises are hidden here I wonder?

Nice job Hoser. ; )

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:39 pm 

They are a nice little three wheeler to play around on going by memory its not a sport model..

I don't know of anybody that is making tubs for the 350 I would say start another thread and take a head count they will be needed in the future.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:45 pm 

No the 250es is the workhorse or the group but I was looking for a utility ATC for hunting so its perfect for me. I'll talk to Tom and get a cost projection and then take a pole to see who's interested in a new tub.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:09 pm 

Foot tub for a Pilot might be a better seller then the 350, but I would love to purchase a couple for both if this project gets rolling.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:43 pm 

Did you buy this from NUKE EM or did you just post in the wrong section?

Bob ::-: -::

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:32 pm 

No, I didnt buy it from Nuke em. Ive got some FL350's also and I thought id mention the new toy. I know there are lots of other members with ATC's and I thought they'd like to hear and talk about it. What section would you have prefered?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:37 pm 

If Tom will agree to produce the Odyssey pan I'll have him do the pilot as well if orders justify the work. I don't own a Pilot (YET) and he would need a good quality foot pan to produce the mold from. If it goes that far I'll ask for volunteers to borrow one from. What matierial is the original made from any way, is it glass. I honestly havent looked.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:06 pm 

Nuke em, I'm not very well versed in Blog protocols and I guess I've been bombing your area with my posts. Another member (badbob66) had to point it out to me for me to realize what I was doing. Sorry about that. I'll move out of your world : )

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:04 pm 

Fawcett999 wrote:
No, I didnt buy it from Nuke em. Ive got some FL350's also and I thought id mention the new toy. I know there are lots of other members with ATC's and I thought they'd like to hear and talk about it. What section would you have prefered?

No big deal, I would post stuff like that in the general section so everybody can see what you have bought, we like to see any old Honda atv's.
Not trying to be the board police but MOST of the post on nuke em's WORLD and all the other WORLD'S are started by the person that is in charge of that section for there projects, not for other people to post new topics that don't have anything to do with that person or there projects, Just my opinion.

I would like to see some pics of your 250ES, I have a 1985 250R that I love riding it :-)

Bob ::-: -::

Attachments:
250R 6-11-14 006.JPG
250R 6-11-14 006.JPG [ 113.45 KiB | Viewed 2574 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:06 pm 

No problem Jim, does not bother me in the least.

I am interested in the foot tubs too. I have an aftermarket alum foottub and column cover too, Turbo Texas has it I think, was looking at having copies made.

NICE R Bob!! Love the black.