Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Hoser Hauler Sighting
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:00 pm 

Hoser hauler sighting in Mid-Michigan..... I could not believe my eyes when out for my Sunday drive...

Guess the high gas priced forced the donation....

Who knew hoser's "outreach" went so far beyond Pilots and Odyssey's? New name "Holy" Hauler...!!!

Pilotman

P.S. Reminds me of our trip to Mio, MI one year... Now if I could just find that picture of The Ritz at Church...lol

Attachments:
File comment: Holy Hauler
Picture 008.jpg
Picture 008.jpg [ 80.36 KiB | Viewed 9505 times ]
File comment: Looks familar?
Picture 005.jpg
Picture 005.jpg [ 99.7 KiB | Viewed 9505 times ]
File comment: Hoser Hauler Sighting
Picture 004.jpg
Picture 004.jpg [ 144.04 KiB | Viewed 9233 times ]

Post subject: Seeing a trend here?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:25 pm 

Thank God.... I found it!

Pilotman

Attachments:
Holy Hauler Batman.jpg
Holy Hauler Batman.jpg [ 58.81 KiB | Viewed 9500 times ]

Post subject: Re: Seeing a trend here?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:35 pm 

Pilotman wrote:
Thank God.... I found it!

Pilotman

I don't remember that pic refresh me?

My son said something about the neighbor wanted to sell the "Ritz" tempting to go make him a low ball offer... I really miss that thing wish it had the balls to tow a enclosed trailer :shock:

I bet if I took the Engine/trans out of the bus and installed into the Ritz it would get a solid 10 MPG at 70 mph the 4th gear would be like a OD, the Ritz weighs 4000 lbs less than the BUS so it should then be able to pull a enclosed trailer if I did a Engine/trans swap?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:08 am 

That was the trip we got lost trying to find the riding trails near Mio, MI. We ended up in the church parking lot
to go next door and ask the Ranger Office where the trailhead was. Remember all those washboard roads?

Pilotman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:58 pm 

Well thought I would update this, took another big trip west and the bus ran flawless the only problem was a exhaust leak I was able to patch on the fly, this trip like the 2007 big west trip was over 5000 miles.

Attachments:
File comment: Rest area in Texas
DSC03711.JPG
DSC03711.JPG [ 50.98 KiB | Viewed 9414 times ]
File comment: Eldorado Canyon south of Vegas AKA as Nelson riding area
DSC03887.JPG
DSC03887.JPG [ 1.15 MiB | Viewed 9234 times ]
File comment: Nellis Dunes north of Vegas
DSC03926.JPG
DSC03926.JPG [ 1.1 MiB | Viewed 9233 times ]
File comment: Armogosa Dunes West of Vegas
DSC03991.JPG
DSC03991.JPG [ 1.2 MiB | Viewed 9233 times ]
File comment: Dumont Dunes from a distance..
DSC04078.JPG
DSC04078.JPG [ 32.7 KiB | Viewed 9413 times ]
File comment: Glamis the first day
DSC04212.JPG
DSC04212.JPG [ 52.74 KiB | Viewed 9413 times ]
File comment: Better camp site end of Gecko road.
t_103_309.jpg [65.88 KiB]
Downloaded 404 times
File comment: Ehrenberg Sandbowl
DSC04551.JPG
DSC04551.JPG [ 1.22 MiB | Viewed 9233 times ]
File comment: Parker AZ on Shea rd. camp from a distance at sundown.
DSC04696.JPG
DSC04696.JPG [ 1.18 MiB | Viewed 9233 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:34 pm 

Second Big Trip West with my kid was over 4500 trouble free miles...

Some pics http://pilotodyssey.com/cpg/thumbnails.php?album=59

What a blast cant wait to do it again...

Over 1700 miles on the RZR

Wash 13 Glamis, NickRNR's rig behind me and to the right Rusty's ride was to the far right, was a great camp site.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:41 pm 

Have enjoyed reading this,great job on the bus Hoser.Wheres the pics for the inside finished? What kind of gas mileage does it get pulling a trailer?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:22 pm 

redskinman wrote:
Have enjoyed reading this,great job on the bus Hoser.Wheres the pics for the inside finished? What kind of gas mileage does it get pulling a trailer?

Bus gets about 5.5 to 6.5 mpg depending on the size of the mountains :-) Trailer and RZR (another 1700 lbs) didnt seem to affect mpg any over all average is about the same.

I will have to look for interior pics, nothing special to see nothing is finished about the time I got it usable for a trip I stopped working on inside until I tested it then the price of gas went through the roof, now I am thinking of buying a short class A RV and enclosed trailer since RV's prices are in the toilet and I can actually find a deal OR I am going to buy a toy hauler like NickRNR has and turn the POS bus into a something about the size of crew cab pickup to pull the toy hauler with, not buying a 40k pickup lmao.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:03 pm 

Some pics of the inside, nothing fancy just a place to live while on the road.

About 35' of open shelves, microwave, fridge, toaster, toaster oven, coffee maker, hot water heater, sink, shower, 75 gallons fresh water, toilet, 45 gallon holding tank, generator, a/c with electric heat, 110v inverter, 4 deep cycle battery's, its self contained :-)

Its currently ready for its next road trip all it needs is toys, food and cloths loaded.

Attachments:
DSC06641.JPG
DSC06641.JPG [ 69.58 KiB | Viewed 9260 times ]
DSC06640.JPG
DSC06640.JPG [ 63.29 KiB | Viewed 9260 times ]
DSC06635.JPG
DSC06635.JPG [ 63.82 KiB | Viewed 9260 times ]
File comment: Turns into a bed
DSC06634.JPG
DSC06634.JPG [ 71.87 KiB | Viewed 9260 times ]
File comment: Turns into a bed or table
DSC06632.JPG
DSC06632.JPG [ 63.95 KiB | Viewed 9260 times ]
File comment: 24" LCD monitor that has an old house computer hooked to it for use as my entertainment center.
DSC06633.JPG
DSC06633.JPG [ 50.05 KiB | Viewed 9260 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:09 pm 

sweet,I like it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:54 pm 

redskinman wrote:
sweet,I like it

Whats really cool about a project like this is you can stop any time it pleases you, you can spend thousands on the interior and make it super fancy smancy knock your socks off or simple and plain, I was going to spiff it up fairly nice when I first started then the price of gas went to like 3.70 a gallon so I quit working on it no sense finishing if I cant afford to drive it, I have it to a point where its "good enough" and does everything I need.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:32 pm 

Well another 4200 mile successful trip west almost trouble free too, as we all know nothing ever breaks whilst setting at home so its no surprise when you have problems whilst on the road, one problem was the starter solenoid started acting up and the starter would just spin and never connect to the starter gear sometimes, thanks to Stoneman for tracking a replacement starter down at a NAPA in Las Vegas and thanks to TurboTexas for stopping and picking it up and delivering it to the Valley of fire state park!

Then a mount bolt for the air compressor broke and the compressor started to vibrate and make all kinds of noises I thought at first the compressor was going bad and needed replaced but after replacing the broken bolt everything was back to normal and the compressor works perfectly. I think it was the broken bolt that caused the belt to break and caused my problems with the belts, now the bus has all new belts everything is fine put about 1400 miles on the belts so far.

The exhaust still leaks despite many skillbilly patches put on whilst along side the road lol :shock: you do what you gotta do, its about time for a new exhaust from the muffler back...

A friend of mine that lives in Parker AZ talked me into bringing the bus over to his work shop for a going over he is a retired mechanic and gear head automotive enthusiast he even held a world speed record at one time, anyways soon as we got it in his shop he went to work on the broken bolt on the compressor mount and told me to "start pulling off the carb" once I had the carb off he had me finish the broken bolt mount and he went to work on the carb, he has done countless rebuilds on the Holley carbs he knows all the ins and outs all the problems and all the updates done to them over the years, he took it apart and put into his soak tank for a while then removed it and started the rebuild using ALL genuine Holly replacement parts, the good news was that the carb already had the updates that prevent the power valves from blowing out, the needles for the floats were getting dry rot, after the rebuild he reinstalled and adjusted the carb it runs much better now, smooth idle and no off idle hesitation.

While the carb was soaking he tore into the HEI distributor he found it had a delay valve inline with the vac advance only problem was the delay valve was working like a check valve and not allowing the distributor to advance, the delay valve was removed and the ignition timing was readjusted.

Bus runs much better after Ken's tune up and pulls the tall hills much better.

The bus has been busy from 11-1-09 to 12-7-10 put 13,539 miles on the POS bus and what fun its been :-)

Sad to say I will be parting with the bus before too long as soon as the weather breaks I will be removing everything I want to keep then putting the bus up for sale here is the bus replacement viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8433" .".. I was looking for a short class A RV when I came across the bus I finally found one at a reasonable price, now that I am back to towing a trailer I need to downsize the 35' bumper to bumper length of the Bus is about the length limits for most the places I like to park the bus on ride trips, I always have managed to go every place I have ever wanted but something that is 22' 5" bumper to bumper makes it so much easier to maneuver especially with a trailer in tow.

Camp at Parker AZ

Jean Roach Dry Lake

Valley Of Fire

Rest area in Utah

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:12 pm 

sounds like a great trip

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:18 pm 

redskinman wrote:
sounds like a great trip

About 1600 miles of desert in the RZR :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:49 pm 

quote:
as we all know nothing ever breaks whilst setting at home

Yeah I agree,except this one time at...

A few years ago this happened with our family trip.
I had just started up the car,drove it outa the garage and had it idleing in the driveway,while I went back and locked up the gate,garage door.
We were heading out to Lancelin Dunes bout a 1 1/2hr drive north from Perth,for a duning camping thing.
Got back in the car,doing up the seatbelts,when heard a loud THWACK! PHFFIITT!
WTF! So up with the bonnet,then I see some belt bits under the car.
The ribbed serpentine belt had just shititself there.At first I cursed because this was just the worst timing making me later for the trip.
Then realised it was a blessing in the timing,rather than out in the country stranded.
Parts shop only 5 mins away,was all fixed in no time.
What are the odds of this happening huh?
Imagine how many revolutions that belt has done in it's lifetime,and it leaves it to the last second from me hittin' the road?

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6